Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

enough height chat, let's talk about girth instead *adjusts elastic waist jeans, snaps suspenders*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

i think it would be OK to make an exception for tater and his poop-eating adventures

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

edit: i r dumb

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

WWIII :munch:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

ATTN boston/new england goons

pretty things beer is ceasing production, stock up while you can :( guess they weren't lying when they referred to themselves as a project

http://www.boston.com/business/2015/11/24/somerville-brewery-pretty-things-beer-ale-project-shutting-down/7SPBj2TmQCCnPimZq2w7uJ/story.html
http://www.prettythingsbeertoday.com/wp/2015/for-a-beginning-there-must-be-an-end/

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

:rip:

their clownshoes was quite good and in fact i enjoyed many of their brews

clownshoes is a brewery not a beer

they make some good stuff and are pretty creative but not as good as pretty things

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

11% abv and they sell it in 22 oz bottles so it looks like he already is

clown shoes does have some not-stupid beers but yeah they have a bad habit of not knowing when to stop...so you start with a stout but then make it imperial ok add a loving shitload of hops to make it AMERICAN alright yeah wooo *makes high abv beer only available in bombers*

they did a "belgian pale ale" which tasted like a pine tree pissed in belgian tripel. it was not good.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Tusen Takk posted:

its awkward and annoying :(

mlyp

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Necc0 posted:

c butt s: drained and I feel a bajillion times better holy moly. also got a Vicodin script so thanksgiving is gonna be fun

all of your butt posting has me extremely confused

did you physically injure your rear end or is your colon having apocalyptic diarrhea? or did you manage to actually injure your rear end from making GBS threads so much??

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

wow.

uh.

get well soon, necc0's butt

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Tayter Swift posted:

cls: ct scan yaaaaaaayyy

did you eat a rubber duck?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol I don't have a desk yet

two sawhorses and a door

no excuses

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah but they hosed up hard cause I'm fixin to jet anyway

spill the beans before you gtfo

let the fuckers burn

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

oh man. we hosed up.

we wanted to go to the murikami exhibit in roppongi hills and we got there and while dicking around on travel advisor we saw that Jiros son has his own restaurant nearby so we were gonna go over and like take a pic out front and pretend we ate there lol u know like taking a pic of Versailles and saying your hotel isn't bad. we get there 5 minutes after open.

so we are out front and take a pic and this lady opens the door and is like "[angry japanese]" and we are all "oh many shames sempai, we will leave you in peace" and we're backing away and she is like "oh...English, you want eat?" and we are like "uhhhhh" thinking there is approximately zero chance a table for 2 is open at Jiros on a Thursday.

but she is beckoning us inside so we go in to a completely empty restaurant (the whole place is the size of my living room). this younger sous-chef pokes his head out and says "oh hello! a party of 6 cancelled and so we have no guests, please come eat!".

lady makes sure we know it's expensive as gently caress and we say okay because you don't pass this up and Jiro-San comes out and is amazing and we eat all the food and now want to die of food overdose.

dude sliced every piece of fish in front of us, told us where it's from, how it's prepared, why his is best, etc. the super fatty tuna was like...unreal. nothing was like super rare or crazy, needlefish, mackerel, 3x Tuna, clam, squid, eel and a bunch more for 20 pieces total.

the younger dude literally just watched Jiros hands for the 60 minutes and some other dude would take our glasses away and refill them. that was his entire job, he'd peek out and then rush over, grab our glass then come back with a full one.

I had a rice grain fall off a piece of sushi as it was going to my mouth and jiro-San reached out and grabbed it as it hit the counter. that's how srs bzns he is.

it was diculous.

1. I don't know who that is
2. you appear to have a very weird definition of "we hosed up"

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

wb CoaC, congrats on the job

current beer status: managed to get ahold of 4 different bottles of Pretty Things beer yesterday, didn't get any baby tree though and i am not feeling very confident in being able to do so

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

we've got this macy's parade on the television right now and holy poo poo i haven't watched, like, regular tv in a long rear end time and the ads are fuckin' crazy in both volume and terrible-ness. it's like 60/40 parade/ads.

the parade itself is an ad

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

triple sulk posted:

the "spontaneously bought significant other a car for christmas" commercial bullshit is the worst

i can feel the bile rising

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

BeOSPOS posted:

someone post that pic of the pregnant white lady and her chalkboard of awful white names like mcnavie and mackenzie

that took surprisingly little effort to find, did a GIS for "nayvie" and the entire first page of results was that pic, lmao

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

Jack isn't a given name. It's the diminutive of John.

no wonder you go by john, you're diminutive enough as is!! :xd:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

While I was gone this turned into a thread for people to talk about their rear end status and who they were loving. All of this is disgusting and this thread is real hosed up now.

well to be fair it's really only necc0 posting about his butt problems, and posting about rear end-cysts is a long held goon tradition

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

cjs: it's wednesday!!! :nutshot:

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Al! posted:

And the other thing is with the executives, you have to take out their families. When you get these executives, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. But they say they don't care about their lives. You have to take out their families.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

how the heck do I buy Windows

shagger pls

I need 15 copies

get a volume license agreement from your friendly neighborhood Microsoft Certified Reseller

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

nearly every single day i almost run over at least one person my bicycle because they are staring at their phone while wandering all over the bike paths, with earbuds in so they can't hear my bell.

you've got your biked decked out with that crazy LED setup, and all you have is a bell??

come on man step it up that poo poo needs sound effects to accompany the lightshow

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

was looking for this gif to post it lol

whoever made that is some sort of hosed up genius

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

keyboard vomit posted:

I like using a trackball and having co-workers try to use my computer

step things up and get a kinesis ergo keyboard (rotor approved), or go for stealth-annoyance and switch to a dvorak layout without getting a different keyboard/changing labels

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Al! posted:

give me a datahand any day

i encountered a datahands once, weird as loving hell and very hard to use, definitely something that would take a lot of practice

cost around $1000 new i think, but they aren't made anymore

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

cjs: the lines at chipotle sure are short these days :-)

5-figgy-fucktard thread is thatta way, mister

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

u want some hipster w/ ur coffee??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl8hPfs3o8c

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Cat Face Joe posted:

needlessly lean

modern business in a nutshell

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

read receipts are why i quit using facebook

people kept messaging me there and there's no way to turn off the loving ✓ Seen 4:20 PM every time you click back into the window. sometimes i don't care to respond to some inane thing or announce my presence

get hosed, zuckerberg

everyone must know everything about everyone else at all times all at once

this is the future, this is normal and healthy, this is how it should be. connected, whether you like it or not

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

prefect posted:

:wow:

cjs: motivation holding steady at zero

i have one more loving week here, then i'm off for two weeks

next week is going to be lllooooooonnnnngggg

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

what do you call a thick client that barely has enough power to launch a Windows desktop and load Bria ?

poo poo

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

yo Barnyard Protein set the building on fire as you leave

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Barnyard Protein posted:

red stapler saturdays three women at the same time well i wouldn't say i've been missing work im a people person damnit flare

sorry i wasnt trying to make an office space reference, i was being serious

burn the building down with all the executives inside

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Barnyard Protein posted:

i want to be on the record saying that i would never do an arson. that would be terrible and i would never do it.

heh

well if you are uncomfortable with fire then just beat the executives to death

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

As a Millennial I posted:

flex that muscle graph. gimme a friday productivity boost

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quoting graphs first probe

we should bronze it

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

lord funk posted:

i got an uplifting story too! well, not so much uplifting... i think 'nightmarish' is a better word

my unemployed mother-in-law finally qualifies for medicaid! finally we can get her off expensive private individual insurance that doesn't cover piss all!

except now she's decided that medicaid is bad and that she won't sign up for it. even though the plan she does want is EXACTLY THE SAME COMPANY THAT RUNS MEDICAID IN OUR STATE

going to cost us $15,000 next year

no, it won't cost you $15,000 next year, because you aren't going to pay for it. either she gets on medicaid or she doesn't get poo poo

that's what I'd do but of course I'm just some random rear end in a top hat on the internet who doesn't know poo poo about gently caress in regards to your family :)

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

prefect do you need more coffee or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Bhodi posted:

you're serious

my god

alcoholism is some really cool stuff, highly recommend having an alcoholic family member, tons of fun

• Locked thread