Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

why is fleury starting tonight

why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

hifi posted:

drat check out the arizona arena during a leafs game https://streamable.com/o76h

I don't think that is phoenix...

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

fleury is A Bad and needs to Go Away. even if it is just for a bag of pucks.

maybe just a bag with one puck in it even.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

hifi posted:

lmao mcdavid meltdown. after this, loving around with the oiler's day off, and bitching about the concussion protocol after bouncing his face off the ice i'm not sure why any non oiler fan would like him. he's ruining the sport

What did he do with their day off? I must have missed that.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

ouch

also, what in the gently caress

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Ginette Reno posted:

I was so happy when Sutter was gone. He is a blackhole of possession yet he can fool teams into thinking he's a good player because he's got the hands and shot to pot 15-20 goals a season so you're like huh this guy is pretty good. Then you realize that when he's not scoring the occasional rush goal he's spending the rest of his time pinned in his own end for minutes a time and negatively affecting any linemates he has.

e: David Backes is still upset about Kessel mocking team USA for leaving him off in favor of Justin Abdelkader or whoever the gently caress:

quote:

"As a fellow countryman, and I don't want to parallel it to the military because what we do is not even close to their sacrifice, but those guys that aren't selected for a mission still support their fellow comrades and wish them the best, and aren't going to sling mud if things aren't going well," Backes said.

"We made a lot of parallels to the military during the World Cup, and just in my mind it was something that if I'm not selected for the next Olympics, or the next international event, I'll still be wearing red, white and blue at home and cheering those guys on and wishing them the best. That's my nature. If there's a little comedy that comes out of it on [Kessel's] side, when in reality we had a mission and we failed."

"I don't want to compare it to the military but let me compare it to the military."

Those are a lot of words about a meaningless tournament.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

also from this game i guess vlasic tried to spear karlsson in the face or something? and then turris tried to fight him and got 2+5+10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jazNUDHT3g0

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/myregularface/status/810317548902371332

why

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

I still think Rutherford finds a way to trade him before too long. Maybe he just needs a Change Of Scenery™.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

.Spec posted:

news: it's a good tuesday when your team puts up 7 on the Rangers

views: i'm pretty sure Pouliot is a not good in the NHL. If the Pens have to throw in him in as the extra in the "6th rounder for MAF" trade I'm ok with it.

views x2: JR just get Justin Schultz resigned with the cap room you save

dumoulin is p good

pouliot is p bad

and yes we need to resign Schultz he is amazing.

also need to trade fleury more asap than rocky.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So maybe we can toss Pouliot in with Fleury??

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Krime posted:

I wonder what MAF, Pouliot, and a 1st could fetch?

I would be fine with a bag of pucks. Or a literal single hockey puck even.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Ouch. I didn't even know they could do that in the CBA, though I guess it's an exceptional circumstance.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

I think a couple of years back when we had a bunch of games canceled for weather/terrorists some teams ended up doing 3 in a row too.

Apparently not, though you might might have been thinking of 2-off-2?

https://twitter.com/EliasSports/status/812374616312344577

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

This is absolutely amazing.

Also Merry Christmas everyone!

fake edit: My fiancee got me Stadium Series tickets!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

ehnus posted:

MAF would still need to waive his NMC to Vancouver and who the hell would do that.

Not necessarily... He has a (I think it's) 10 team "no trade" list to submit. Whether Vancouver is on it or not is anyone's guess (probably is on it tho)

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Pens are starting Fleury tonight :/

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Olli Maata is also sick which is meh. He hasn't been as great as his rookie season but he's been consistent at least?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

So if Dumoulin is hurt that leaves the only healthy 'regular' Pens defensmen as Cole-Schultz... our third pairing going into the season.

e: that being said, justin schultz has been amazing so far this year, especially this past month.

Look Around You fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 28, 2016

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Krime posted:

Which surprises me that an agent hasn't worked in 29 no trade clauses into their contracts.

Hey an agent worked in a retroactive no trade clause... anything is possible!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

You know, I wonder if the Pens could toss Maatta in as a sweetener with MAF. He's been... underwhelming these past couple seasons.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/JMackeyPG/status/814305393526657024

aaaaaaaannnnnd there it is

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

.Spec posted:

That's two players and $10 million in cap space. Good luck finding that team.

True. I'd keep salary on Fleury in a heartbeat though.

e: Kinda forgot maatta was making 4m/year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

mentholmoose posted:

Depends on the network, but NBC Sports occasionally just takes the local feed from one of the teams. Usually when the Flyers are on NBC sports they take the Philly feed, so there's a good chance you were watching the Flyers broadcast.

I think that was a ~Wednesday Night Rivalry~ game, so it should've had neutral announcers technically. But yeah, they do seem to take local announcers occasionally for whatever reason.

• Locked thread