Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Searching for "Branco Hitler Mouth" images doesn't turn up any actual cases of Branco Hitler Mouth. Yet the second image was a Bors cartoon? My lack of work ethic keeps me from trying any harder to ensure I get the authentic look down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Melaneus posted:

Searching for "Branco Hitler Mouth" images doesn't turn up any actual cases of Branco Hitler Mouth. Yet the second image was a Bors cartoon? My lack of work ethic keeps me from trying any harder to ensure I get the authentic look down.

Haha thanks for this.

Miscegenation! :supaburn:

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

cafel posted:

Eh, calling out Michelle Obama and the photo involving a well set table comes across as directly attacking the spending of the First Family. I guess if the words government comes anywhere near a personal fortune the money turns bad and starts killing jobs.

This reminds me of the "lavish Las Vegas convention" from a few years back that got someone at the GSA fired even though similar types of events are not at all unusual for large companies. For people who insist that government should be run like a business, they sure do hate when government officials start acting like businessmen.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is Jewish DNA notoriously recessive or something? If I had kids with a full-blooded, Kirschen-approved Jew, would the kids be like quarter Jewish or something? Does he think that Israel will dissolve as a state if Jewish blood becomes too dliuted? Basically, interpreting it as anything besides racism is really hard.

Basically, I hope Kirschen develops hemophilia.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
There is a belief that only Jewish Mothers can have Jewish children and Jewish men have to have kids with a Jewish woman if they want their kids to be Jewish.

I personally hold less to the idea of Jewish purity and more to avoiding the Laundry List of genetic disorders that Jews (particularly Ashkenazim) can suffer from thanks to all the inbreeding, but that's just me.

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 12, 2014

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Is Jewish DNA notoriously recessive or something? If I had kids with a full-blooded, Kirschen-approved Jew, would the kids be like quarter Jewish or something? Does he think that Israel will dissolve as a state if Jewish blood becomes too dliuted? Basically, interpreting it as anything besides racism is really hard.

Basically, I hope Kirschen develops hemophilia.

If a Jewish man marries a gentile woman, then the kids will not be Jewish by blood. This can be problematic since a hypothetical restored Kohanim priesthood needs to be pure blooded according to rabbinical literature so that their offices will be valid. There's also numerous statistics that point out that many mixed faith marriages result in the children not having any kind of faith at all when they reach adulthood. Kirschen is still a bloodthirsty hypocritical bigot, but his concern with Jewish intermarriage has plenty of support within Orthodox Jewish tradition.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

cafel posted:

Eh, calling out Michelle Obama and the photo involving a well set table comes across as directly attacking the spending of the First Family. I guess if the words government comes anywhere near a personal fortune the money turns bad and starts killing jobs.

Michelle Obama did indeed tweet the words "Bone appétit". What Muir should be angry about is that the correct word is "bon appétit". I feel like that's more worthy of criticism than anything else in this stupid nonstory.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

It is a pun about dogs though.

\/ Edit: Ha! beat you Linguica. Who's cool now?! Huh?? :smuggo:

itskage fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 12, 2014

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Jay Rust posted:

Michelle Obama did indeed tweet the words "Bone appétit". What Muir should be angry about is that the correct word is "bon appétit". I feel like that's more worthy of criticism than anything else in this stupid nonstory.
It was a picture of dogs. Think about it

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Jay Rust posted:

Michelle Obama did indeed tweet the words "Bone appétit". What Muir should be angry about is that the correct word is "bon appétit".

It's a picture of dogs.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

ProperGanderPusher posted:

If a Jewish man marries a gentile woman, then the kids will not be Jewish by blood. This can be problematic since a hypothetical restored Kohanim priesthood needs to be pure blooded according to rabbinical literature so that their offices will be valid. There's also numerous statistics that point out that many mixed faith marriages result in the children not having any kind of faith at all when they reach adulthood. Kirschen is still a bloodthirsty hypocritical bigot, but his concern with Jewish intermarriage has plenty of support within Orthodox Jewish tradition.

A few caveats: Keep in mind that to anyone that is not at least Orthodox the phrase "Jewish by blood" doesn't actually mean anything other than maybe "Ashkenazi/Sephardi by ethnicity." Keep in mind that lapsed Jews are probably even more prevalent per capita than lapsed Catholics regardless of parentage and have been for hundreds of years (and yet there are still Jews, :iiam:). Keep in mind that the Kohanim priesthood is never going to be restored and that is just fine.

Basically Jewish fundamentalists can be as horrible as Christian or Muslim ones, and each in their own unique ways.

Rhinoceraptor posted:

It's a picture of dogs.

Wait. Michelle Obama tweeted a picture of dogs eating, and this is supposed to be a Marie-Antoinette-esque slap in the face to the proletariat and unimaginable show of decadence? :wtc: Muir, George W Bush started a trillion-dollar war over nothing. Let a middle-aged lady tweet some dogs.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Lance Streetman posted:

I learned this firsthand when a Jewish friend of my sister married a dude from Jordan. Her family in the US was pretty cool with it. Her family in Israel disowned her.

Wait, I think Kirschen did a comic about this.

quote:

How can you invite an Arab husband to dinner... when he's just going to kill you all before you can serve dessert!

Labels: Arabs, Assimilation, Common sense, intermarriage, Israel, murder, non Jews, terror, USA

(*Kirschen assumes all Arabs murder Jews, obviously, no slander towards your sister's friend's husband intended)

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

loquacius posted:

Wait. Michelle Obama tweeted a picture of dogs eating, and this is supposed to be a Marie-Antoinette-esque slap in the face to the proletariat and unimaginable show of decadence? :wtc: Muir, George W Bush started a trillion-dollar war over nothing. Let a middle-aged lady tweet some dogs.

Well there was a nice table setting in the background.

Of course this is the White House, so there's always a nice table setting, and it just so happens we're in the middle of a State Visit, so it's fancier than normal. So Muir and company are mad because the Obama's don't serve the French President using chipped plates at a rickety table.

edit:

Taciturn Tactician posted:

(*Kirschen assumes all Arabs murder Jews, obviously, no slander towards your sister's friend's husband intended)

This isn't real, right? I think I'd remember it and it's such a vilely open expression of racism. Please tell me it's an edit. Please.

cafel fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 12, 2014

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

This reminds me of the "lavish Las Vegas convention" from a few years back that got someone at the GSA fired even though similar types of events are not at all unusual for large companies. For people who insist that government should be run like a business, they sure do hate when government officials start acting like businessmen.

That was kind of a legit scandal though. The GSA are supposed to be the vendor people who make sure the feds aren't overspending on things(it rarely works out that way.)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

itskage posted:

It is a pun about dogs though.

\/ Edit: Ha! beat you Linguica. Who's cool now?! Huh?? :smuggo:

Ah. I'm dumb.

Muir actually misquotes the First Lady, adding an "e" to "appétit" for no reason. So at least I'm not as dumb as Muir. Phew!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

cafel posted:

This isn't real, right? I think I'd remember it and it's such a vilely open expression of racism. Please tell me it's an edit. Please.

It's an edit.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

cafel posted:

This is the original.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Doesn't have Jonathan Pollard in the tags, so I knew it was an edit.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Doesn't have Jonathan Pollard in the tags, so I knew it was an edit.

I'd let this fucker go in a heartbeat if it would stop this guy from making comics.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The only person hurt by the ACA is Obama's cartoon image?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Suicide King is actually being stabbed from behind by either the Jack of Hearts or the Queen of Spades.

Not A Good Cartoon, I'm just pointing that out.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
john rule channels yaakov kirschen

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Uh, what? Like, what is the point of this cartoon? Michael Sam will run through the NFL alone?

cafel
Mar 29, 2010

This post is hurting the economy!

pentyne posted:

Uh, what? Like, what is the point of this cartoon? Michael Sam will run through the NFL alone?

Michael Sam is bursting onto the scene/ breaking longstanding barriers within the NFL.

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

That was kind of a legit scandal though. The GSA are supposed to be the vendor people who make sure the feds aren't overspending on things(it rarely works out that way.)

My point was that large companies are slaves to their shareholders so they can obviously come up with reasons why it makes sense financially to have lavish internal conventions (morale, recruitment, marketing, etc.) instead of socking that money away in an investment. If efficient private companies can defend their Vegas workparties then the government should be able to as well.

Incidentally that whole thing has made government agencies (at least the ones I've worked with) deliberately avoid hosting events in Vegas due to the perception of wastefulness even if airfare and hotel convention space is dirt cheap, so the GSA ironically led to the government spending more money to avoid a repeat of their optics.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

HOLY poo poo

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

JT Jag posted:

The Suicide King is actually being stabbed from behind by either the Jack of Hearts or the Queen of Spades.

Not A Good Cartoon, I'm just pointing that out.

In the version that Ramirez took as reference, and of course his own comic, the stabbing arm even has different cuffs than the sleeve on the chest. Seems like a weird detail to copy if you want to make it clear that it's suicide.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

crowfeathers posted:

HOLY poo poo

Ah yes, Michelle Obama, noted doughnut eater.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Michelle eats a lot of donuts and pumps a lot of iron? I have no idea what goes on in Snafu's head while he draws his ugly-rear end cartoons.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lycus posted:

Michelle eats a lot of donuts and pumps a lot of iron? I have no idea what goes on in Snafu's head while he draws his ugly-rear end cartoons.

I also like Obama lighting a cigarette with a dollar bill.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Lycus posted:

Michelle eats a lot of donuts and pumps a lot of iron? I have no idea what goes on in Snafus head while he draws his ugly-rear end cartoons.

But no you see she is both a gross fatass and a fitness obsessed ugly man. As proof, see: the Freep thread, how the bottom half in the cartoon looks fatty instead of muscly.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
So what Snafu is saying is that Michelle only works her glamour muscles.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress is this about other than "there are BLACK PEOPLE in the WHITE HOUSE!!1!!"?

Goddang, Snafuguy.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

agarjogger posted:

I'd let this fucker go in a heartbeat if it would stop this guy from making comics.

Thanks to Kirschen I want Pollard's parole delayed until after Yakkov dies.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Auuuuuuuuuuugh limericks have a meter you lazy hack, that is painfully wrong.

E: "I know you still love me despite my mistake/regarding Benghazi (I wasn't awake)/They'll still give me grief/as commander in chief/but what difference does it make" is so much better just edit yourself a tiny bit

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Feb 12, 2014

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Lycus posted:

So what Snafu is saying is that Michelle only works her glamour muscles.

She skipped leg day.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

crowfeathers posted:

HOLY poo poo

A great cartoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

loquacius posted:

:psyduck: Among American Jews, dating/marrying non-Jews is a time-honored tradition. In Israel that's worth a scandal?

For a bit of both worlds, my fiancée and I did Birthright last year, and at the end of the indoctrination trip, we did this exercise where the trip leader made questionable statements about Judiasm and Israel, and you had to stand in groups labeled "Strongly Disagree", "Agree", "Disagree", and "Strongly Disagree".

One of the statements was "As a Jew, I have a responsibility to marry Jewish." My fiancée and I were the only people in the "Strongly Disagree" camp (and yes, everyone joked about it like "if you don't want to marry Jewish, why are you getting married?"). Most people were in "Agree" or "Strongly Agree".

The other questions were even worse though. I stayed in "Strongly Disagree" the entire time. We also had to argue our cases and it was not a comfortable space for dissenting voices. Fun times.

• Locked thread