Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm getting generally bad feelings from Ernie right now. Am I alone in this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Grandicap posted:

yes

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Grandicap posted:

Well, the deadline impetus was taken away when there would have been a no lynch.

That's debatable, I've seen lynches happen much faster. In this game the deadline is going to be the stick when we're done with the carrot to make empires face the hard truths that they have two win conditions and the first one can't happen without the town.

(I am basing all of this on the assumption that each town empire member has a 'kill all the scum' win condition, barring direct third parties, for the record)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Grandicap posted:

Yes. I feel great about Ernie, actually. I will replace when the night falls because I can't keep up with the game and that's not fair to my empire friends. I'm only posting a lot right now so that we get a good puppy-cuddle in.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh. :smith:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The maximum extension for the deadline is Midnight EST.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

For the record: I think Crazyeyes might be scum. My empire mates were discussing my missing-ness at one point and his only reaction was "Ernie can get hosed if he's not going to be active" which I find to not only be very flippant, but very much uncaring when it comes to fulfilling his own hypothetical win condition which he'd need me for.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

##vote Taste Becuase I am going to go to bed at some point not too far off.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hmmmm, I am still here but I am burned out on thinking mostly!!

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
Ernie, do you know if 50 plans on using the thread this game?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Or replying to my PMs :(

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

yuming posted:

Well what else am I supposed to do, people want me to make a case I don't have a great read but I'm not scum.

I'm stuck in a bad place that's stressed me out and there's nothing I can do to make myself look better because I'm trapped in a lovely meta logic argument with players like QPQ and DGK. I am trying to force an alternative but I know I don't have a good read because the nature of this game doesn't lend to scum having to stick their necks out in the thread. Wires are going to get crossed in a game like this where it's hard to tell if someone is acting the way they do out of interest for their empire, or for scum motivations.

So where I'm at is upset me and on the edge of trying to replace out, but I've been all worked up about it for so long and it's so close to deadline that it seems like a waste.

I do want to play but I don't want to deal with this.

I'd vote Yuming tomorrow based on this post.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

VivaNova posted:

Ernie, do you know if 50 plans on using the thread this game?

I can guarantee that he has 1000 lines of strategy written in the doc, but almost none in the game, so probably not. But I don't think he's scum. Multiple times during Diplomat chat he recommended that I have it instead, even though I was absent.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Your Personal Muse posted:

Yuming is generally more playful as scum.

Think more "NOooooo~~ I AM NOT SCUM, I AM SO TOWN :sun:"

Not "gently caress you and gently caress everyone and gently caress mafia and i should not play"

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I agree, this feels like town yuming.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

It bad that 50 doesn't post in this thread. Activity in a doc doesn't negate hurting town by not contributing.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

gently caress you and gently caress everyone and gently caress mafia and i should not play

:sun:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

gently caress you and gently caress everyone and gently caress mafia and i should not play

:sun:

you should let me write all your posts!

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

anime gently caress pillow posted:

The maximum extension for the deadline is Midnight EST.

pls read faster tremendous taste

Lampsacus posted:

It bad that 50 doesn't post in this thread. Activity in a doc doesn't negate hurting town by not contributing.

Part of the problem I'm having with this game is that I can't tell who is inactive and who is just not posting in the thread. 50 might be active in Ernie's doc but I have no way of reading his posts and have to assume that he's just lurking.

There are a lot of players in this game that I find suspicious but it's difficult to push a case against them when they won't engage with the thread. Crazyeyes is one of those people.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

QuoProQuid posted:

pls read faster tremendous taste

Part of the problem I'm having with this game is that I can't tell who is inactive and who is just not posting in the thread. 50 might be active in Ernie's doc but I have no way of reading his posts and have to assume that he's just lurking.

There are a lot of players in this game that I find suspicious but it's difficult to push a case against them when they won't engage with the thread. Crazyeyes is one of those people.
Yeah I agree. I think the best thing to do is employ Assume Lurking. Because screw those guys

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
Hi thread. Everyone vote for TremTaste so we don't no lynch :sun:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Tremendous Taste (8): mr.capps, mr.capps, Hal Incandenza, DGK2000, DGK2000, Your Personal Muse, JakeP, bowmore, bowmore, bowmore, Meinberg, tearshed, Asiina, Grandicap
yuming (5): DGK2000, mr.capps, QuoProQuid, Tom Tucker, Rarity
Tom Tucker (3): yuming, tearshed, tearshed, Eight Dollars, Ernie.
Meinberg (2): JakeP, JakeP, Asiina, Tremendous Taste, Crazyeyes, Asiina
mr.capps (1): Amnistar, Tremendous Taste, Crazyeyes, Juanito, Tremendous Taste, Grandicap, Amnistar, Grandicap, Crazyeyes
DGK2000 (1): Lampsacus, Lampsacus, Lampsacus
QuoProQuid (1): Amnistar
VivaNova (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Rarity (0): Asiina, Tremendous Taste, Asiina, Tremendous Taste
Crazyeyes (0): Meinberg, mr.capps, mr.capps, Meinberg
Eight Dollars (0): DGK2000, DGK2000
Amnistar (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid, DGK2000, QuoProQuid, Rarity, Meinberg, JakeP, QuoProQuid, DGK2000, Rarity, JakeP, Meinberg
Your Personal Muse (0): Grandicap, Grandicap
Lampsacus (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid
Ixtlilton (0): QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid
Juanito (0): Tremendous Taste, Tremendous Taste
Grandicap (0): Your Personal Muse, Your Personal Muse
50 pounds of bread (0): Lampsacus, yuming, Lampsacus, yuming
Sandwolf (0): Rarity, Rarity
bowmore (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Asiina (0): Rarity, Juanito, Juanito, Rarity, QuoProQuid, QuoProQuid

Not Voting (4): 50 pounds of bread, Ixtlilton, Sandwolf, VivaNova

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is June 08th, 2014 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Deadline is rolling but will not roll past 12AM EST.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

tearshed posted:

Hi thread. Everyone vote for TremTaste so we don't no lynch :sun:
How many hours till the deadline?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ernie. posted:

you should let me write all your posts!
Your read is really accurate and it makes me feel better. If I were scum I wouldn't be trying here and that is what frustrates me so.

My vote on Tom is the best thing I'm going to find before the deadline ticks by.

Even my own team is suspicious of me and I just want to be able to discuss idea freely.

One read I've had but haven't explore is Viva. I will look at her post nows.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!

yuming posted:

Your read is really accurate and it makes me feel better. If I were scum I wouldn't be trying here and that is what frustrates me so.

My vote on Tom is the best thing I'm going to find before the deadline ticks by.

Even my own team is suspicious of me and I just want to be able to discuss idea freely.

One read I've had but haven't explore is Viva. I will look at her post nows.
Tom isn't happening today. Would you vote Trem?

Lampsacus posted:

How many hours till the deadline?
No idea, I don't run on american time. I assume it's 2 hours?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote Tremendous Taste

I suppose this is better than nothing.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
gently caress it, I want to go do something else.

##Vote Tremendous Taste

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Ernie. posted:

Yuming is generally more playful as scum.

Think more "NOooooo~~ I AM NOT SCUM, I AM SO TOWN :sun:"

Not "gently caress you and gently caress everyone and gently caress mafia and i should not play"

It's not based on meta or whatever. It's simply that it is clear she isn't getting lynched. Right now it's pander/TT or no lynch. Those are the options of what we are facing. Furthermore, there had been a flurry of defenses on her behalf recently, which would be evidence that momentum was shifting away from her. But her reacting like she was destined to be lynched and that people were being unreasonable seems scummy to me. Scum have survival first and foremost on their mind (although writing this down, it occurs to me that this game is different in that regard since everyone has additional goals, so I am less certain of her scumminess) and that post reveals that mindset.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

tearshed posted:

Tom isn't happening today. Would you vote Trem?

No idea, I don't run on american time. I assume it's 2 hours?

About an hour and forty-five minutes from now.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

maybe people will listen to me if i didn't pretend i was a gangster mickey

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Who doesn't want to murder TT? I would like to verbally spar with you.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Ernie. posted:

hmm you may have my interest now

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

Oh god what have you done.

Also hi I'm back. Dinner was delicious.

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Let's wait until Tremendous Taste at least reads through the thing and posts again. Or not, whichever's funnier.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Who doesn't want to murder TT? I would like to verbally spar with you.

It's me, I'm the guy who thinks the case 'HE PRESSURED SOMEONE' is ridiculous.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

Eight Dollars posted:

Let's wait until Tremendous Taste at least reads through the thing and posts again. Or not, whichever's funnier.

Allow me to give you his thoughts upon a reread.

"Hi I'm Tremendous Taste and I would like to no lynch"

There now we don't have to wait.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

hmm you may have my interest now

who doesn't love falstaff?

Asiina posted:

Oh god what have you done.

i have become the embodiment of the joie de vivre

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Thanks QuoProQuid.

Not sure about a TT vote. Still mulling.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Eight Dollars posted:

The funniest thing would be if we no-lynch and he dies overnight before having posted anyway. I don't think Pander was scummy though, and TT is a bro who would want to no-lynch anyway.

Here's a song for him:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCbWLSZrZfw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Allow me to give you his thoughts upon a reread.

"Hi I'm Tremendous Taste and I would like to no lynch"

There now we don't have to wait.

I don't like how much you're pushing this. I'd understand the motivation of 'we have to cuddle someone' but I feel like you're more happy with who the someone is than anything.

• Locked thread