Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

This is actually good advice for counter strike

watch anime to understand cs theory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
and smoke weed to apply cs theory

this is the way of counter strike

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Unused posted:

Crossposted from sub.io, excuse the lovely quality. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxqtQEgctpU

After 2 years and 1200 hours of CS:GO I still don't understand how the nova works

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

astr0man posted:

After 2 years and 1200 hours of CS:GO I still don't understand how the nova works

Click heads own scrubs.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

ShineDog posted:

I can't get the autoexec.cfg to stick no matter what. (No, I havent renamed it autoexec.cfg.txt or anything like that)

Put "host_writeconfig" at the very end of your autoexec.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Xenaero posted:

Put "host_writeconfig" at the very end of your autoexec.

And don't put "exec autoexec" in your launch options. You don't need that.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bpower posted:

In this vein, is "exec autoexec.cfg" necessary in config.cfg? I just put it because of some old habit.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

bpower posted:

does it do anything?

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
the launch option is "+exec autoexec" if you are having problems getting it to auto execute use that launch option.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
If you wanna play Goonmans, great! If you wanna pick only your friends that joined with you, great!

But just because you're getting beat, don't just skip out on the game just for that reason.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I had to reinstall windows and tragedy struck in the form of me losing my buy/drop macro for glocks and p2000s. Anyone know where that is so I can make it rain in warm-up again?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
Im getting my info from here. I've no idea how reliable it is, but worked for
me when I was having problems.

http://csgohelp.com/autoexec-qa/

Q: The commands I put in my autoexec seem to not work …
A: There are many possible reasons. Here are the most common ones:
There has been a problem in CS:GO since the release, that the configs are loaded in a wrong order. The easiest way to avoid that problem, is adding host_writeconfig as the last line in your autoexec and making sure, that your config isn’t set to read-only. The command overwrites any cvars in the config.cfg with the ones in the autoexec.cfg when the autoexec is executed. Do not set a +exec autoexec.cfg launch option, the autoexec is loaded anyway. Right now, this seems to be the only method to make your autoexec definitely work and execute all commands properly.

california roll
Feb 23, 2009
Is this the first operation to have quests?

AngryGuy
Sep 30, 2008

california roll posted:

Yes. I think it's a good idea and hope they continue it. I'm sure they will.

They just need to figure out the loving mission drops because right now they are inconsistent as gently caress. Capped at 3 on my alt account. 4 on my main. Some people have gotten 5 since they have the silver coin which is the requirement.

I need my golden fister coin.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

california roll posted:

Yes. Cool idea but poor implementation.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Needs more quests like "Get a Negev kill on the 2nd round". :black101:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smol posted:

Is that a real quest? :stare:

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Can we get some goonman specific quests using the plugin? Stuff like "win 5 rounds as the only player on your team to buy a primary weapon" or "accumulate 5 minutes of deadtalk in a single match"

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Popehoist posted:

Can we get some goonman specific quests using the plugin? Stuff like "win 5 rounds as the only player on your team to buy a primary weapon" or "accumulate 5 minutes of deadtalk in a single match"

I wanted to give away guns for challenges on the server, but not enough people have donated for it.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
I got asked if i was a smurf, feels good man
silver

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

kalstrams posted:

Is that a real quest? :stare:

Nah. But there should totally be quests like that.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Smol posted:

Nah. But there should totally be quests like that.

I got an awful one. 40 rifle kill in casual match making. It was usually me, 1 complete noob and 8 bots. Bots dont count. So I had race to the guy just so I had a chance to get him before the bots did. I filled up after a while but still took 3 hours or so.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

mcvey posted:

Yes. Cool idea but poor implementation.

I'm sorry to be a grognard, but no, this isn't a good idea. Counter-Strike was pretty much the last bastion of games that don't have Skinner boxes built into them. I'm not saying I don't buy into Skinner boxes in other games, but keep that poo poo out of Counter-Strike.

Of course, thankfully I don't have to participate and the rewards are purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I can't think it's a poo poo idea.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I had to get 25 p2000 kills in death match. It wasn't fun because you have to hit them twice in the head or like 8 times in the body but at least it was over fairly fast.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AugmentedVision posted:

I'm sorry to be a grognard, but no, this isn't a good idea. Counter-Strike was pretty much the last bastion of games that don't have Skinner boxes built into them. I'm not saying I don't buy into Skinner boxes in other games, but keep that poo poo out of Counter-Strike.

Of course, thankfully I don't have to participate and the rewards are purely cosmetic, but that doesn't mean I can't think it's a poo poo idea.

Why are skins in CS a poo poo idea again? Not sure if you explained this already or not.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

teagone posted:

Why are skins in CS a poo poo idea again? Not sure if you explained this already or not.

I never said skins are a bad idea.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Nobody says that they don't like skins unless they're a loving poor and can't afford a Zack Wylde deag.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've seen mydeagle skin once in game because I still don't trust that gun, five-seven and tec9 4ever

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

AugmentedVision posted:

I never said skins are a bad idea.

Oh, I assumed by skinner boxes you meant skins.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

teagone posted:

Oh, I assumed by skinner boxes you meant skins.

No, I meant "do X, get Y reward. Good lab rat".

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

AugmentedVision posted:

No, I meant "do X, get Y reward. Good lab rat".
Uh, okay, why is this bad? You don't win anything that changes gameplay, it gives people something to do, something to "focus on". If you don't want to do them, you don't have to. Why is that so bad? There's PLENTY of bad trends in FPSes that CS could have picked up on, I don't think this is one of them.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Coleman posted:

Uh, okay, why is this bad? You don't win anything that changes gameplay, it gives people something to do, something to "focus on". If you don't want to do them, you don't have to. Why is that so bad? There's PLENTY of bad trends in FPSes that CS could have picked up on, I don't think this is one of them.

I just think that the idea of being able to earn items through in-game actions is CoD territory and against the spirit of Counter-Strike. Like I said, the items are cosmetic and I'm being a total grognard because it doesn't affect me in any way, but it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Then don't do them and get the drops normally. As far as I know the items rewards drop normally too--at least, I got a mission reward which is just from the baggage collection.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
s4 in 22 wins. next up: global elite

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Smol posted:

"Get a Mac10 kill on the first round" :black101::black101:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

So just was playing a competitive match, we were losing around 14-6 or so, and then someone admin slayed everyone on the other team immediately when the round started until we won.

Anyone seen this before?

OoohU
Oct 26, 2013

Bitches ain't shit but genejacks & synths
So I thought that because I sometimes scrubbed people in my Silver lobbies that I was actually half-way decent if not pretty good... but as luck would have it playing some goonman has quickly made me realize that I'm actually not. That in reality, I'm just a newborn tadpole swimming into a sea of hardened, jaded, serving triple life sentences in a max-security aquarium before breaking lose by strangling the attendees through a coordinated push through long, sharks.

It's thrilling to sometimesbutnotoften kill one, and some of them on my team gave me some good advice too soothe my suffering... but yeah, long story short I had good fun (seriously not having a team as dumb as me was super enlightening) and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't played goonman yet.

...and maybe one day I'll become one of those sharks. :unsmigghh:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
That is loving hilarious.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
"The only true wisdom is in knowing that you are a noob" - Socrates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

8bitlawd posted:

So I thought that because I sometimes scrubbed people in my Silver lobbies that I was actually half-way decent if not pretty good... but as luck would have it playing some goonman has quickly made me realize that I'm actually not. That in reality, I'm just a newborn tadpole swimming into a sea of hardened, jaded, serving triple life sentences in a max-security aquarium before breaking lose by strangling the attendees through a coordinated push through long, sharks.

It's thrilling to sometimesbutnotoften kill one, and some of them on my team gave me some good advice too soothe my suffering... but yeah, long story short I had good fun (seriously not having a team as dumb as me was super enlightening) and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't played goonman yet.

...and maybe one day I'll become one of those sharks. :unsmigghh:

Yes, if you're only experience with MM is solo queuing with silvers being on a team where everyone communicates well is a real eyeopener.

• Locked thread