Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!

Rather Dashing posted:

Muse have always sucked and produced overproduced plastic pop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I was into Muse before Showbiz, I picked up a lot of early promo's and demo's and loved the album when it came out. I loved Origin Of Symmetry, it was a drat good album and I still remember the chills I got when I first heard Plug In Baby. Then they released Absolution and I just gave away the demo's and promo's for nothing.

It's a shame really, I could of made a small fortune selling them.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

The early days!

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don't care what goons say i'll listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0SgwWmF9w

I still dream of the day my handsome rear end meets a supermodel stranger smoking on the subway while the police get rowdy

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Ariza posted:

Backstage at a music festival, they made everyone get out of the hallways before they'd leave their room and go onstage. No one was allowed to talk to them. They are true cunts.

They rly did this? What dicks...

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Muse has always been poo poo.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I like Origin Of Symmetry, Black Holes And Revelations, and Resistance. Parts of The 2nd Law is okay too. Sorry I really like Panic Station and the part of survival where Matt is alternating between playing rhythm and rocking a guitar solo. The falsettos on Supremacy and Survival are good too.

The rest of the album is poo poo.

Most of muse is poo poo.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I voted 5 because this isnt a gypsum fantastic thread

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Oh yeah and the Beatles suck

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I was into Muse before Showbiz, I picked up a lot of early promo's and demo's and loved the album when it came out. I loved Origin Of Symmetry, it was a drat good album and I still remember the chills I got when I first heard Plug In Baby. Then they released Absolution and I just gave away the demo's and promo's for nothing.

lol this is peak "i liked them before they were popular"

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

HJB posted:

lol this is peak "i liked them before they were popular"

tbf his username is literally muse's name before they got popular

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Coolness Averted posted:

tbf his username is literally muse's name before they got popular

Makes u think

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
all the bands suck apart from the bands I like

not even shitposting

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Quickscope420dad posted:

all the bands suck apart from the bands I like

not even shitposting

this applies to everything tbh

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

I'm literally listening to Avenged Sevenfold right now literally

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
who the hell is muse? not gonna read the thread to find out.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

who the hell is muse? not gonna read the thread to find out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uBK5kvakD8

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
The Muse dude seriously can't loving sing. He telegraphs his breathing anytime he has to put the slightest effort into hitting a note, and once you hear it you can't unhear it. It's just so loving BAD

I hope this ruins Muse for any of you who still listen to this abortion of a band

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Homestar Runner posted:

The Muse dude seriously can't loving sing. He telegraphs his breathing anytime he has to put the slightest effort into hitting a note, and once you hear it you can't unhear it. It's just so loving BAD

I hope this ruins Muse for any of you who still listen to this abortion of a band

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Homestar Runner posted:

yeah this poo poo ruined origin of symmetry for me

it's their one album with decent songwriting and the obnoxious falsetto gimmick is actually used to good effect to make some cool baroque pop but god drat, i just can't ignore those annoying inhales

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

BEAR GRYLLZ posted:

yeah this poo poo ruined origin of symmetry for me

it's their one album with decent songwriting and the obnoxious falsetto gimmick is actually used to good effect to make some cool baroque pop but god drat, i just can't ignore those annoying inhales

oh he exhales OUT of notes too. i mean wtf, just listen to the phrasing of this poo poo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OOWcsFj0U&t=83s then never listen to them again

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I heard Muse's first demo tape as it was being recorded + mixed back in the day, and they sounded pretty loving bad then too.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

your username is Muse trivia..

Absolution sucked, oddly enough Black Holes was really good in parts but everything after that is garbage

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Muse are garbage close thread

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Someone once told me they were super popular and one of the biggest bands in the world. I laughed.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Quickscope420dad posted:

Muse are garbage close thread

No the ppl must know

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

InFlames235 posted:

No the ppl must know

close every thread except this one, change title and every post to "muse is garbage"

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

Quickscope420dad posted:

close every thread except this one, change title and every post to "muse is garbage"

Mods?

juniperjones
Apr 27, 2012

Rather Dashing posted:

Muse have always sucked and produced overproduced plastic pop.

Yes! Indeed, I do agree.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Ramsus posted:

I don't care what goons say i'll listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ek0SgwWmF9w

I still dream of the day my handsome rear end meets a supermodel stranger smoking on the subway while the police get rowdy

This song sounds amazing on a decent sound system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android11x
Jan 6, 2011

beep nnst boop nnst
this thread is very A-musing :awesomelon:

• Locked thread