Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Don't forget that when he went back to Mexico they already made another Mistico so he's now Myzteziz. Except when he's Sin Cara which he says is when he's not working for AAA in Mexico, even though the Sin Cara name/mask aren't known in Mexico and he doesn't own it either.

Konnan says Mistico is a nice guy but kinda dumb.

And against the advice of Del Rio (the two of them are somehow friends despite the gun incident) he refused to learn English or anything else that might get him over in WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Del Rio probably respects his shoot fighting background.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Speaking as someone who loved ECW, I think a lot of people went over to UFC/Pride. The really core ECW crowd was the same people who were into late 90's super fratty HxC stuff (which I was also very embarrassingly into) like Floorpunch and Blood For Blood. With ECW a lot of it wasn't about wrestling, it was more that it was a sort of violent spectacle with a strong DIY aesthetic. When the sort of pop hardcore for east coast jocks died out in the early 00's I think a lot of those guys just grew up and left it behind, or switched to UFC since that was when it's flag was really starting to rise.

Most of those dudes I know now listen to the 00's equivalent of ex-HxC Douche dadrock (La Dispute, Volbeat and Gaslight Anthem anyone?), casually watch UFC fights when they want a thing to do with the guys and relax in their upper middle class condos in Portland.

It's unfair to say that ECW fans were in it for a different reason universally, but I think a lot of the crazy young dudes you saw filling up the box screaming their heads off were there for a totally not-wrestling related reason (even if they did enjoy the wrestling!).

Those were the kind of guys that got me into stuff like FMW so I am eternally grateful. There was something magical about going to the flea market and visiting the stall of some 20 year old journalism major who was using the school equipment to dupe dozens of ultra violent imported tapes from Japan.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

omgomgomg posted:

What do ECW fans watch nowadays?

ECW tapes?

Most family/friends I have from the Philly/Jersey area that got ECW just moved on from wrestling.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Perdido posted:

Not that I'm doubting you, but where have you heard about this?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/5794072

For Winstrol/Stanozolol.

I'd like to think he's gotten off of them since, but who knows?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

Whose films would you rather watch, the Miz or Val Venis

Val's are probably shorter and better acted.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Well, that makes...sense? I've only seen a couple of cara/kaliso and he didn't seem that bad, but I'm not real familiar with lucha stuff, so. Anyone know if the Vaudevillians are getting over at all? I just love the idea of it, for some reason.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vaudevillians are over, but will probably not be on the main roster.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Junpei Hyde posted:

Vaudevillians are over, but will probably not be on the main roster.

Yeah, they strike me as another gimmick that is going to die a death on the main roster.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

they're great at picking gimmicks that appeal to the NXT audience but don't translate to the main stage

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Cardboard Box posted:

they're great at picking gimmicks that appeal to the NXT audience but don't translate to the main stage

the main wwe audience of course being vince and dunn

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WadeBartender posted:

the main wwe audience of course being vince and dunn
Nah, they're really doing very cartoony characters on NXT which really don't translate to the WWE main roster very well. Some can be tweaked a bit, but I don't really think Simon Gotch will ever get over as anything other than comedy jobber. Aiden English *might* but I'm not really convinced.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Endless Mike posted:

Nah, they're really doing very cartoony characters on NXT which really don't translate to the WWE main roster very well. Some can be tweaked a bit, but I don't really think Simon Gotch will ever get over as anything other than comedy jobber. Aiden English *might* but I'm not really convinced.

Yes because Goldust and Stardust are totally realistic characters

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Cartoony gimmicks are fine when they have the angles, matches and mic time required to get them over. It only becomes a problem when a gimmick is the only thing they have going. See: Adam Rose.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i mean also adam rose sucks

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Cardboard Box posted:

i mean also adam rose sucks

Don't be a lemon

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Smoking Crow posted:

Yes because Goldust and Stardust are totally realistic characters

The Vaudevillains and the Dusts are going to cut such mindfuck insane promos on each other if they ever get the chance to feud.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

The Vaudevillains and the Dusts are going to cut such mindfuck insane promos on each other if they ever get the chance to feud.

Hell I'm even looking forward to the Dusts interacting in any way with Ascension. I'm sure Cody and Goldy could pull a decent match out of those two at least.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cesaro needs to join the Dust Bros as Strong Dust.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Snacksmaniac posted:

There's no such thing as Strong Dust, though.

On the other hand, Rikishi could be Moon Dust. :haw:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

What if Dusty came out wearing polka dots?

lokipunk
Jan 16, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

What if Dusty came out wearing polka dots?

"Americone-duthh if yuu weeel"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Only Brandon Routh can save the WWE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp81S0W0F7E

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

lokipunk posted:

"Americone-duthh if yuu weeel"

Dusty would clearly be Dustdust, jesus

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
They need to get one more person and then all rename themselves gold so they can be the Gold Dust Trio :colbert:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Well, Sandow is the logical choice for that role.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Olddust.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

How has nobody suggested Justin Gabriel as Angel Dust?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

titties posted:

Dusty would clearly be Dustdust, jesus

"Stardust" used to be a nickname of Dusty Rhodes. "Living Stardust" he called himself.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

I Before E posted:

How has nobody suggested Justin Gabriel as Angel Dust?

Only works if he comes out manic, screaming and threatens everyone with the sharpened end of a toothbrush for their fix.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Justin Godscock posted:

Only works if he comes out manic, screaming and threatens everyone with the sharpened end of a toothbrush for their fix.

Maybe he and Kidman can be a tag team of drug addicts.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The amazing tag team of de_dust and de_dust2.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Snacksmaniac posted:

No because I want the Dusts to win their matches not lose them.

Dias posted:

The amazing tag team of de_dust and de_dust2.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Luigi Thirty posted:

Maybe he and Kidman can be a tag team of drug addicts.

Kidman would be the fattest junkie in history

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Davros1 posted:

"Stardust" used to be a nickname of Dusty Rhodes. "Living Stardust" he called himself.

I didn't know that but I think someone's already using that one.

This one's good and available

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Next old school Raw should have Duggan in face paint as Sawdust

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I think you mean Chris Evans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILwoKfeDJO4

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

EugeneJ posted:

Kidman would be the fattest junkie in history

Clearly you're unaware of the existence of Rob Ford.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Writer Cath posted:

Clearly you're unaware of the existence of Rob Ford.

Or Chris Farley, for that matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

or me