Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Okay, backtracking to Bif's lynch; this is Beets posts on page 38-41:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3699711&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=38

Beet himself keeps saying we should ignore all information since Bif's lynch so lets look at Bif's Lynch again.

Now that FS is dead and town, it just has to be Beet. All game and even on the linked page above Beet is being accused of white noise by Kommando. He's been corrected so many times by multiple posters, his earlier play was perhaps lazier because the Godfather died on the first day which would probably be a de-motivator for the entire scum team, Beet included. Throughout Bif's meltdown they play off on another perfectly, Beet performing such plays as throwing out insults to the scum team he very well may be apart of and generally making posts that may of seemed lighthearted back then but now that you look at it, these are all posts that are strongly trying to disassociate Beet and Bif.

Look here:

Throughout this whole meltdown all of his posts are trying as hard as possible to not appear like Beet and Bif are co-ordinated.

Yet he remains.

Now do BT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah do me do me!

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
:ghost: Gaspy, my death is on your hands! All will be forgiven for an avatar like the cool kids have:ghost:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Black_Tangled early on seems to make a fair few typos due to phone posting:

black_tangled posted:

##unvote

That was in my phone by accident

black_tangled posted:

Oops phone posting, errors.

This is obviously because of her life being busy as gently caress as has been communicated in previous games and even this one:

black_tangled posted:

I'm heading into a workshop now, just want to say Milky is incredibly suss given his domination in the transformers game to have his commentary whittle down to "can't play no data" when there was masses of activity all around yesterday... SAF (suss as gently caress).

She also digs in hard on Milky and soon after; Kommando:

black_tangled posted:

f*cking you try harder, it's your argument

black_tangled posted:

Get back on the scum hunt.

1. Kommando
As previous post. Vote flinging.
2. Anidav
Non contributing poster.
3. Freudian Slip
Similarly low content posting. Gaspy you seemed pretty into FS earlier, any thoughts?

black_tangled posted:

I really feel like all the name claiming stuff is scummy

black_tangled posted:

Kommando has been pure filler and random vote flinging all game. He is currently my #1.

black_tangled posted:

Answer: nothing. ##vote kommando

Once again she posts about how busy her life is:

black_tangled posted:

I'm driving for 1 hour. BBL.

And her post during Bif's lynch:

black_tangled posted:

I don't really think that is accurate, perhaps it just seems like I'm not saying a lot compared to Gaspy :D could just as easily be said about you so whatevs. If I'd had your run of lynches I'd be shutting the gently caress up too :)

Sorry for being absent this morning, #justworkthings

It's a lot to absorb, but I'm inclined to believe Asphxyious. The only thing that is bugging me are these night kill choices. Mith = too good to live? revenge killing? SK = being quiet, perhaps they suspected he had a role? WFD = keeping him in the fame would have thrown more suspicion on gaspy which if you believe he is town would be beneficial to scum

I feel like Bif and Avs were on the same side in the last few days and this leads me to believe Bif is a good candidate.

I still think Kommando is sus.

But she doesn't vote for Bif at all and never has.

If she were the last remaining scum, her tactic would be to lay low and play dumb, whether or not she's been doing that by choice or due to work life is something we would find out if she is indeed our last remaining scum.

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I decided after thinking about it this afternoon that the simplest explanation is often the right one.

##vote Matthew Beet

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

black_tangled posted:

I decided after thinking about it this afternoon that the simplest explanation is often the right one.

##vote Matthew Beet

I agree.

##vote black_tangled

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Why black_tangled? Based on my previous experience with Beet in a scumdoc - it would look like Beet is the stronger candidate? Is there something you've picked up on?

Because at the moment my gut feeling is Beet but I don't know enough about black_tangled to make any grounds for her being scum except for her being busy with work and surviving this long by chance. I mean the only reason she's alive at the moment is because we went for Kommando instead, correct?

I'm still waiting for beet to post something, all he's done so far is trying to distract me by looking at black_tangled's post history which really doesn't add up to much on her being scum unless you assume the above: That she's a busy person who is scum, the team made some strange night kill choices and as the remaining scum she tried to kill gaspy in a panic but was instead blocked by me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I hope to god it's anidav because I that would be the absolute best way to end this.

If it was gaspy? That'd be a let down, because all the talk of being a super scum hunter is more exciting than just killing your team off and claiming a weird role. anyone can do that.

If it's BT, congrats this had come down to the wire. Top play.

Either way this has been super fun, regardless of what I said to try and antagonise tithin yesterday to see how he'd bounce.

##vote black_tangled

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah seriously, this has been great.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

##vote black_tangled

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: I say, chap, that appears to be the crimson mallet for black_tangled.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol anidav

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

:ghost: I loving KNEW IT :ghost:

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

IT'S A FUCKEN SPILL. NUMBERS HAVE DWINDLED NOW AND YOU THINK YOU'VE WORKED OUT WHO THE AGITATORS ARE. YOU ALL TURN ON EACH OTHER QUICK SMART.

:h: BLACK TANGLED (IAN FUCKEN MACFARLANE, VANILLA TOWN) WAS DRAGGED OUT OF THE CABINET MEETING

It is now Night Seven.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

IT'S A FUCKEN SPILL. NUMBERS HAVE DWINDLED NOW AND YOU THINK YOU'VE WORKED OUT WHO THE AGITATORS ARE. YOU ALL TURN ON EACH OTHER QUICK SMART.

:h: MATTHEW BEET (ANDREW FUCKEN ROBB, VANILLA TOWN) WAS DRAGGED OUT OF THE CABINET MEETING.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

IT'S A FUCKEN SPILL. DUTTON TURNS TO ABBOTT. GUESS IT'S JUST ME AND YOU NOW oval office. AND I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO BE PM. ABBOTT PROTESTS, "I'VE NEVER LOST A SPILL. I'M NEVER WRONG. 6/6!!!" BUT IT'S TOO LATE.

:h: ASPHYXIOUS (TONY FUCKEN ABBOTT, HATED PRINCESS) WAS DRAGGED OUT OF THE CABINET MEETING.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

ANIDAV (YOUR NEW PRIME MINISTER, PETER DUTTON) AND HIS FALLEN FRIENDS (TIRADE, AVSHALOM, BIFAUXNEN) HAVE WON THE GAME.

whats for dinner
Sep 25, 2006

IT TURN OUT METAL FOR DINNER!

holy poo poo yesssss

good game scum

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

:respek:

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

I hate each and every one of you lazy rear end bastards.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I called that DAYS ago.

Very loving nice work Anidav.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Holy poo poo good game.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9J5tYShNY8

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Me and Bif this morning

Gaspy and Anidav the last few days:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Wait, hated princess?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Ah McGaspy, always a pleasure to see you, have a role claim.
ALRIGHT

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Thanks for playing.

My thoughts on the set-up: Four scum is borderline too many for 15 players but I thought it was a weaker team with Tirade, Avshalom and Anidav (given the different level of experience and growth that some of you have had in AusPol mafia) so I deemed it fair and even put in a pro-scum beloved princess variation that would allow an extra night phase (for scum actions only) if Asphyxious died.

My thoughts on memorable players in the game: Asphyxious was town MVP despite going off the rails at the end. He nailed everything early on. If I was to pick a mistake, he shouldn't have said that his role activated when scum killed him. Scum never took advantage of this, but it was foolish all the same. I think Tirade, Avshalom and Bifauxnen all know pretty well already what they didn't do that well and it revolves around white-noise - you need to work harder to avoid this as scum. For Tirade it was in-character posting, for Avshalom it was asking stupid questions on purpose, and for Bifauxnen it was sitting on her hands way too often. As far as Anidav's play... well that is probably the best ugly duckling story I've ever seen. His early game sucked in my opinion because he was guilty of the same white-noise non-involvement but he managed to skate through and once he was the last scum left he went for an interesting gambit and it paid off. If I would have done it any differently, I would have left Tithin alive and claimed to have protected myself. This would have been a much more plausible scenario (but thankfully no one really thought it through on the last day before pointing fingers at Beet and BT) and it would have let him NK Asphyxious for the scum win due to the double night.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
anidav that was some loving incredible play. (i had no input into it, for anyone who's wondering - i fled the thread in shame after my graceless performance the other day, expecting it to end within hours, and then came back a few days later to find that anidav had somehow singlehandedly toppled the whole thing and crowned himself your queen.) absolutely amazing to watch. i can't believe you pulled it off. gaspy also deserves credit for his extraordinary maneuvering and linguistic analysis. good game, everybody

my breasts

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Ah McGaspy, always a pleasure to see you, have a role claim.
ALRIGHT

Dude, well done! Well done scum team! Top game!

black_tangled
Aug 2, 2004

great game Anidav!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

This is the final scene from The Mighty Ducks

Anidav, you deserved that victory, no one gets to talk poo poo about your Mafia game ever again

I'm so happy for you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

f I would have done it any differently, I would have left Tithin alive and claimed to have protected myself. This would have been a much more plausible scenario (but thankfully no one really thought it through on the last day before pointing fingers at Beet and BT) and it would have let him NK Asphyxious for the scum win due to the double night.

I thought about this but then thought

A) because we had spoken so much about it if (not anidav) was scum they'd make the same play that hsppened
B) I didn't think doctors could self protect?

Freudian Slip
Mar 10, 2007

"I'm an archivist. I'm archiving."
Well done Anidav! Please tell me that you weren't being coached?

Great job all round - really enjoyed this game.

Just glad it wasn't beets in the end

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

This is the final scene from The Mighty Ducks

Anidav, you deserved that victory, no one gets to talk poo poo about your Mafia game ever again

I'm so happy for you

Yeah this.

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Mills posted:

Thanks for playing.

My thoughts on the set-up: Four scum is borderline too many for 15 players but I thought it was a weaker team with Tirade, Avshalom and Anidav (given the different level of experience and growth that some of you have had in AusPol mafia) so I deemed it fair and even put in a pro-scum beloved princess variation that would allow an extra night phase (for scum actions only) if Asphyxious died.

My thoughts on memorable players in the game: Asphyxious was town MVP despite going off the rails at the end. He nailed everything early on. If I was to pick a mistake, he shouldn't have said that his role activated when scum killed him. Scum never took advantage of this, but it was foolish all the same. I think Tirade, Avshalom and Bifauxnen all know pretty well already what they didn't do that well and it revolves around white-noise - you need to work harder to avoid this as scum. For Tirade it was in-character posting, for Avshalom it was asking stupid questions on purpose, and for Bifauxnen it was sitting on her hands way too often. As far as Anidav's play... well that is probably the best ugly duckling story I've ever seen. His early game sucked in my opinion because he was guilty of the same white-noise non-involvement but he managed to skate through and once he was the last scum left he went for an interesting gambit and it paid off. If I would have done it any differently, I would have left Tithin alive and claimed to have protected myself. This would have been a much more plausible scenario (but thankfully no one really thought it through on the last day before pointing fingers at Beet and BT) and it would have let him NK Asphyxious for the scum win due to the double night.

Pretty spot on for my posting Mills. The plan was to attract enough attention to get a cop to look at me on night one, but not quite enough attention to get d1 lynched. I went a bit too hard too soon with the in-character posting and unfortunately was out for dinner for the last 90 minutes or so of d1, so didn't get enough of a chance to mount a decent defence or maybe roleclaim. Although given that no-one knows anything about anything on d1, it might not have helped.

Thanks for running it Mills, great game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Freudian Slip posted:

Well done Anidav! Please tell me that you weren't being coached?

Great job all round - really enjoyed this game.

Just glad it wasn't beets in the end

Yes all you guys getting suss on me in the end, I'm not that good at mafia and this game in particular I made a lot of loving noise and literally did nothing.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Different mods handle doctors different ways. Self-protecting has happened before.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I was not coached, I ran most of my posts through the scum doc for approval before posting but all of it is my idea, my words and my typing.

• Locked thread