Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Zeike posted:

PSA: Spoiler Alert - Do not read DS blog, leaks at least one prominent SQ42 actor.

Please don't spoil it for the reddit citizens :ohdear:

Gary Oldman is too embarrassed to have S42 on his imdb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

Kimsemsus and Lincoln never did any goonfucking, ask literally pretty much any Archeage goon except for DaBigRedBoat

Why would anyone trust DBRB with anything?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
ahahahahhahahaaaaahhaa

derek smart and his lawyers brought the funk.

i imagine cig won't respond until after their "con"

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Zeike posted:

PSA: Spoiler Alert - Do not read DS blog, leaks at least one prominent SQ42 actor.

Please don't spoil it for the reddit citizens :ohdear:

what would be better: them going forward with the show exactly as DS has called out, thus proving that he has internal sources? or them suddenly backtracking and trying to force together something new in response to him leaking the content ahead of time, and making a bigger mess because nothing else is ready any more ready for demoing?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Romes128 posted:

ahahahahhahahaaaaahhaa

derek smart and his lawyers brought the funk.

i imagine cig won't respond until after their "con"
The spergs will keep us updated on what CIG thinks until then.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Iron Tusk posted:

The dumbest thing about all this is CIG could easily pull out of the spiral if they could excite people enough to get their funding back to 2014ish levels.

CIG could easily pull out of the spiral if they found a time machine and used it to go back to 2012 and assassinate C-Rob at right about the $30 million mark.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1.They are going to parade all the A-List actors – all of whom cost a ton of money – for SQ42. This despite the fact that that stand-alone game is reported to be almost fifteen months away.
2.They are going to show the opening cut-scene sequence for SQ42 with Gary Oldman giving his speech, someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc.
3.They are going to show Star Marine. Again. It’s still a mess – and nowhere ready for production release. Reports tell me that if it gets released before year end, it would be a miracle.
4.They are going to show multi-crew. Again. Problem now is that, as of the last report I got, it doesn’t run smoothly at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, loads of memory etc. Again, not production release ready.

Holy poo poo. If they seriously don't release a single loving thing on Saturday, and instead just show a bunch of actors and demo poo poo with no timetable... yeah that's going to warrant a refund.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Justin Tyme posted:

If you care enough about some unrelated game drama so much to derail a thread by calling some guy a "goonfucker" (lol wtf) then you're the worst kind of insufferable video game sperg. These are electronic toys for children for christ's sake get over yourself.

Also what gives Dsmart, release the missive

If we're lucky he had an aneurysm from the stress of coordinating 9 different aliases.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
summary of what ds lawyers said,

"you can't do that you stupid fucks"

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

1.They are going to parade all the A-List actors – all of whom cost a ton of money – for SQ42. This despite the fact that that stand-alone game is reported to be almost fifteen months away.
2.They are going to show the opening cut-scene sequence for SQ42 with Gary Oldman giving his speech, someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc.
3.They are going to show Star Marine. Again. It’s still a mess – and nowhere ready for production release. Reports tell me that if it gets released before year end, it would be a miracle.
4.They are going to show multi-crew. Again. Problem now is that, as of the last report I got, it doesn’t run smoothly at all. And so they are now running the demo on super computers with 16 cores, loads of memory etc. Again, not production release ready.

Holy poo poo. If they seriously don't release a single loving thing on Saturday, and instead just show a bunch of actors and demo poo poo with no timetable... yeah that's going to warrant a refund.

I suppose the con will also be an easy litmus test to see whether or not Dr. Smart makes true allegations. If everything he said about the con (citcon, not SC) is true, to me it goes some ways in making his entire platform more believable.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Does Squadron 42 have gameplay sections or is it one those interactive story experiences that are hip right now?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

reddit posted:

It's funny that Smart says that game can't be made for $90,000,000, before he was saying it couldn't be made for $85,000,000. Does he not realize that, unlike his previous enterprises, Star Citizen actually continues to generate cash? All of his calculations are done with the assumption that CIG only has $90,000,000 and that's it, it's asinine. I am stunned that someone could be as absolutely stupid as that, stunned.

it'll ALL BE FINE, as long as we KEEP THROWING MONEY AT IT

once we hit 300 million even derek smart will have to admit that a competent company could have made a game of this scope with that much money, thus removing his sole criticism of CS and sending him back to the pit from where he spawned

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
so, is this a cult or something

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

:shrek:

some juicy stuff inside about Ortwins incompetence. It also seems like DSs dogs names are DE LA PEŃA & HOLIDAY.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Imagine them trying to pull together an entirely new convention in three days just to spite Smart.

Chafey
Jun 14, 2005
Wow, thanks to this thread, I found out Universal Combat is free on steam!!

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Shine on you crazy rear end diamond. :allears:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kimsemus posted:

I suppose the con will also be an easy litmus test to see whether or not Dr. Smart makes true allegations. If everything he said about the con (citcon, not SC) is true, to me it goes some ways in making his entire platform more believable.

he should have released that bit of info the day before the con happens. blow everyones fuckin mind.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

D Smizzle posted:

And when it collapses and companies start sifting through the debris in bankruptcy court or auction, my guess is that you can probably pick up that $20K (!) cappuccino machine purchased for the new LA office (the one where all work has stopped due to a dispute with one of the contractors), for less than $5K. No, I’m not kidding. They have a $20K cappuccino machine that backers paid for. Because Chris always wanted one. Go ahead, ask him.

This is gold Jerry.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Thanks for Gary Oldman, it's not that he didn't got leaked by Discolando already, when we got to see his nice placeholder picture.

Aside of all that, whoever is leaking the innards out to DS, I hope you don't mess up, not necessarily because I think you are going to have trouble with CIG - but the cultists are going to rip you apart for the rest of your life. I guess that's nice - somehow. :)

Also can a Lawgoon tell me why I shouldn't laugh at that response letter? Is this the way lawyers are dicking themselves around? It's like watching Matlock.

Let's end with "the drama" never dies.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Skoll posted:

Gary Oldman is too embarrassed to have S42 on his imdb.

hey as long as the payment clears the bank.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why would anyone trust DBRB with anything?

I challenge you to 1 vs 1 HONORABLE combat. (prepares sino)

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Why is the main thing they're showing off an FPS-- a genre that is over-saturated and over-represented when what everyone supposedly wants out of SC is a space game in a genre that until SC generated a ton of hype only had EVE and a game whose main villain force was called cocks?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Roflan posted:

Why is the main thing they're showing off an FPS-- a genre that is over-saturated and over-represented when what everyone supposedly wants out of SC is a space game in a genre that until SC generated a ton of hype only had EVE and a game whose main villain force was called cocks.

Because they promised full FPS combat as part of the game, but since no appreciable portion of the game is done in its entirety, they have to show off what limited assets they have.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Roflan posted:

Why is the main thing they're showing off an FPS-- a genre that is over-saturated and over-represented when what everyone supposedly wants out of SC is a space game in a genre that until SC generated a ton of hype only had EVE and a game whose main villain force was called cocks.

because a space sim is basically a FPS in a ship instead of with a person, so if they can show off the FPS they're easily only 2 weeks from having a fully-functional space sim!

:downs:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Iron Tusk posted:

The dumbest thing about all this is CIG could easily pull out of the spiral if they could excite people enough to get their funding back to 2014ish levels.
Not according to form they wouldn't, because Chris would find some more irrelevant poo poo to spend all the money on and they'd be back in the same mess again.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Someone tell smart to tell his sources to tell him what ship CIG is releasing on citizencon so that he tells us ahead of time and spoilers the verse.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

ok...that sounded much more coherent in my head before posting it.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

just finished reading it and DAAAAYYYUUUUMMM. D.Smizzle just crushed it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Gryphon0468 posted:

If we're lucky he had an aneurysm from the stress of coordinating 9 different aliases.

:lol: what a doozy

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

tooterfish posted:

Not according to form they wouldn't, because Chris would find some more irrelevant poo poo to spend all the money on and they'd be back in the same mess again.

Yeah but 20k on that espresso machine is well worth it. Have you ever had coffee from that thing it's better then crack rocks.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

I know the answer is that it's much easier to make an FPS than a space sim. It still seems ridiculous how easily the faithful are willing to accept what is certain to be a third rate FPS in a space sims' place while they wait.

That is, if it were to ever come out. Which, of course, it won't.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Dante80 posted:

Someone tell smart to tell his sources to tell him what ship CIG is releasing on citizencon so that he tells us ahead of time and spoilers the verse.

spoiler alert: it's another giant question mark

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Szcwczuk posted:

Making fun of eve goons is kinda cheating though they mostly do it for you.

What if I told you someone in this thread boasted about being a "high ranking EVE diplomat" (read: landlord for a rental empire) and defected to EVE Goons from one of their then rivals, then got kicked from EVE over the AA stuff?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Iridium posted:

95mil stretch goal they sue everyone
+

sorla78 posted:

Thanks for Gary Oldman
=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74BzSTQCl_c

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!

Kimsemus posted:

He was also saying FPS is going to be dropped, which as of now -technically- hasn't happened (unless you assume the scenario of SC and SQ42 never shipping for true) - we are also waiting for the wind-down of the Austin Office (which I believe would be perfectly handled - post citizencon, when everyone is distracted by the vertical slice and Hollywood Actor glamour high)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This is gold Jerry.

13 Octopodes paid for that cappuccino machine

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Roflan posted:

I know the answer is that it's much easier to make an FPS than a space sim. It still seems ridiculous how easily the faithful are willing to accept literally anything while they wait.

sunk cost, post-purchase rationalization, and so on, and so forth

it's a shame i'm not a sociologist, you could probably get a pretty decent book deal for writing all this up after the fact

and it would be the only actual content that would result from all of this

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Don't worry, guys. CIG has this.

Sure, a community member managed to put together the pirate module for VS within a week of the leak without any of the in-house documentation, something CIG has been promising for 6 months, but they're totally competent. Just throw more money at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

In extremely gaben voice, it was worth the weight

• Locked thread