Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
It swims in spunk.
What better way to represent GBS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Friar Zucchini posted:

What mouseover text are you looking at? Mine's just "cawg" with :'s and no other text or explanation.

edit: :aaa: Well gently caress me sideways. Mouseover text in the smiley list thing, not in an actual forums post.

How the gently caress did I not already figure this out, I'm the loving OP of a thread about smilies. This leads to so many more questions.... Who is Ant Trap Anthony? "We have eternity to know your flesh"? :psypop:

At least I understand the one for :hist101:.

"my mouth is opening oh no"

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

So what's a Grimey Drawer? i.e. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744359&pagenumber=20#post452317912

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

From QCS:

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Is this a donation thing?

Edit: Just saw a "College Slice" too.

Lowtax posted:

Yes it is.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I apparently got "Lipstick Apathy". I don't know what it means, but it is amusing nonetheless.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Kaethela posted:

I apparently got "Lipstick Apathy". I don't know what it means, but it is amusing nonetheless.

Same. I like it. Goes good with my hotdog gorilla.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
What's with the Bonzi Buddy avatars? I've been seeing them the last day or two. Are they donation-related as well?

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Besesoth posted:

What's with the Bonzi Buddy avatars? I've been seeing them the last day or two. Are they donation-related as well?

That's the new Forum Newbie/Garbage Dick.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

contrapants posted:

That's the new Forum Newbie/Garbage Dick.

Aha! :tipshat:

e: You know, I kinda miss the baby.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy apparently comes from donating only $5. Wish I went $6.66 for buglord.

Poops Mcgoots has a new favorite as of 07:21 on Nov 5, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain McStabbin posted:

Lipstick Apathy apparently comes from donating only $5. Wish I went $6.66 for buglord.

How are you all getting those titles anyway?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Presumably it's the "mystery gift" received by donating to keep the forums running (see the current forum-wide announcement post).

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lowtax's patreon.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Captain McStabbin posted:

I couldn't figure out if they were random or if there was some sort of tier system.

:10bux: got me Grimey Drawer and I can't figure out if I'm a dirty wooden container to put silverware in, a person who illustrates things with a pen or pencil who needs a bath, or a pair of undies desperately in need of a wash

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I couldn't figure out if they were random or if there was some sort of tier system.

:10bux: got me Grimey Drawer and I can't figure out if I'm a dirty wooden container to put silverware in, a person who illustrates things with a pen or pencil who needs a bath, or a pair of undies desperately in need of a wash

You are all of those things at once.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
I like my random words, 10/10 would donate again.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
13.37 got me mine!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Scoots Magoo didn't die, that was a joke. He was tired of the job and left the forums. Forgot what site he's with now, unfortunately.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So, as this is the thread about smilies, I thought it appropriate to post this here...

Cracked often does "Photoplasties" which are literally just them ripping off Photoshop Phriday and giving a cash reward for an arbitrary one they like best among their forum users. Today it was about emojis people wished existed on their text messages. The winner was just a blurred version of :goatsecx:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:gary: :yarg:

:robble:

:wtchris:

:wrong:

:landy:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

From the recent Photoshop thread.

It's called Gary because it's Gary Oldman's head.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hamburglar Photoshop Thread.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

I like all these except the last one
(what is the last one?)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:wtchris: is a variation of :wtc: with the face Derek Smart, who is the leading Star Citizen sceptic and also OP of the current Star Citizen thread on Something Awful. Chris Roberts is the creator of Star Citizen, a crowdfunded not-game worth $95 mil.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 19:13 on Nov 8, 2015

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Paladinus posted:

:wtchris: is a variation of :wtc: with the face Derek Smart, who is the leading Star Citizen sceptic and also OP of the current Star Citizen thread on Something Awful. Chris Roberts is the creator of Star Citizen, a crowdfunded not-game worth $95 mil.

Huh, I never thought Derek Smart would post here after the whole "Desktop Commander" thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kimmalah posted:

Huh, I never thought Derek Smart would post here after the whole "Desktop Commander" thing.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/661255338210009088

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

It would be more accurate to say I didn't think Derek Smart would ever be able to let that kind of thing go, since he was pretty well known for holding a grudge against anyone that made fun of him or his games online. But I guess even he can change. :shrug:

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
I think it a "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" scenario.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

I think it a "i'm irrelevant and desperate" scenario.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Wait, is it the real Derek Smart in that thread? I was convinced it was a mock account making fun of him. :wtchris:

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

He's real and it's loving insane. He's insane, the thread's insane, the game and the community that supports it is insane.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Landy looks like Sakura from Street Fighter. What's the story here?

I like the others, very useful.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FutonForensic posted:

He's real and it's loving insane. He's insane, the thread's insane, the game and the community that supports it is insane.

Don't forget he had his own Games subforum that he got to moderate for a short while devoted entirely to mocking Star Citizen. From what I've heard, it ended like all goon projects in spectacular failure.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kimmalah posted:

It would be more accurate to say I didn't think Derek Smart would ever be able to let that kind of thing go, since he was pretty well known for holding a grudge against anyone that made fun of him or his games online. But I guess even he can change. :shrug:

We're the only ones listening and cheering him on. :smith: strange bedfellows

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

This one has no special meaning behind it, just "WRONG!" wobbling a bit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it reminds me of Tomba!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

ajkalan posted:

The special meaning is that you were Right and they were :wrong:. What else would you want? :shrug:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
:gary::wrong::yarg:

God bless whoever bought these.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ajkalan posted:

Reminds me of the "Oh No! It's DEVO!" logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

They've just streamlined low-effort posting. Now you can respond to every post with either :agreed: or :wrong: and save yourself seconds per post!