Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Asiina posted:

Why wouldn't you try to watch exakt N2?

I mean i'm not 100% but i'd guess he cant target the same person twice in a row

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I can't watch the same person twice in a row

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
smh

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello

why didnt you watch me? i mean come on

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

totino boy posted:

hello

why didnt you watch me? i mean come on

I forgot you were in this game and not actually dead

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ive been watching behind the scenes makinlg sure everything turns out alright

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
im concerned by the lack of dj killing, and feel i was duuped yesterday

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

totino boy posted:

ive been watching behind the scenes makinlg sure everything turns out alright

not uh..not doing the best job of this champ

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ive havent needed to intervene until now. you must not kill jake, he is a 'good guy'

instead we must kill the dj

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

totino boy posted:

ive havent needed to intervene until now. you must not kill jake, he is a 'good guy'

instead we must kill the dj

Is this a claim or are you just saying things?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

JakeP posted:

MMT and Punt have been suspiciously quiet, is MMT still on concert tour? what was the timeline on that?

Busy day! I've been following on my phone but just got home and am re-reading.

I'm starting to grow more suspicious of imgay and derp, effort coming soon.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why waht i do

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Let's chat!

imgay posted:

Jake, Asiina isn't scum, and this push makes you look scummier and scummier

(a) Why are you sure Asiina isn't scum?
(b) What is specifically scummy (as opposed to wrong) about Jake's opinion?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
because asiina being tunneled so hard. i believe asiina is actively trying which never happens when ive seen her as scum before. and jake just feels super scummy, even more so with his tunnel. like its dumb when people criticize u for something they doing themself

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

imgay posted:

because asiina being tunneled so hard. i believe asiina is actively trying which never happens when ive seen her as scum before. and jake just feels super scummy, even more so with his tunnel. like its dumb when people criticize u for something they doing themself

(a) Regardless of your opinion on Asiina, what makes you rule out Jake being town and genuinely thinking she's scum?
(b) Is there specific content of Asiina's that makes you read town, or is it just a meta read?
(c) Talk to me about your opinion of Somber as the game has progressed.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im getting high town vibes from asiina, so i wouldn't budge on that today. i don't like sombers posting so thats why he pinging me

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

##vote imgay

The confidence imgay is trying to convey in his Jake/Asiina reads feels feigned to me.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote imgay

The confidence imgay is trying to convey in his Jake/Asiina reads feels feigned to me.

Also, gotta keep gnomish tradition alive.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sorry i post from the heart, if it means anything, your pushes have been pretty scummy too

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like your posts on me are just interrogative and role fishy, its made lovely if you genuine

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I take back the derp thing, on a re-read he seems town.

imgay posted:

sorry i post from the heart, if it means anything, your pushes have been pretty scummy too

It just seems suspicious to me that

(a) you don't seem concerned about "what if the perfectly valid explanations Murmur listed are true and I'm pushing a mislynch"?
(b) you didn't really have any solid opinions until Asiina started going after Jake, and then all of a sudden you had the same opinion that she did

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sounds like you actually need to do a reread then

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

I'm doing a reread now and I'm welcome to hear what other people have to say but right now I feel good with my vote.

EXAKT Science posted:

I also know that I'm not going to die tonight, and I'm much better with at least one flip to work with

For what it's worth I originally read this as "I know I'm going to die tonight" and that EXAKT was hamming up the doctor claim. That's what initially made me so skeptical when there wasn't a NK. I'm opening up to the idea that the doctor claim is valid and I was barking at shadows.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Epsilon Plus posted:

This is lovely. Like, I understand the reasoning behind it but that doesn't make it good. If he's such a distraction just pretend he's dead and work cases on different people? You're basically saying "I am willing to lynch town and advance a scum win because I am incapable of focusing".

Not that I know kash's town/scum metas but I wouldn't be surprised if Kash flips scum or 3p ##vote Kashuno

---

You're right, there's no "case". I just don't think, out of the current players, that you're not playing the way a town player does. Welcome to psuedoday 1.

(lol "substance")

---

Somber, do you think kash's vote on me was an OMGUS? If you had to take your best guess at it right now, who would you say my scumbuddies would be?

---

I think kash is still the best choice but I'll jump to chic if that's the only way to avoid a no-lynch;

Questions for E+:

(a) This is everything I've seen you say about Kash and I still don't understand why you think Kash is scum. Can you be more specific?

(b) Did Kash's watcher claim change your mind?

(c) In the event that it did, who do you think is scummiest? Other than Somber/BigUp being town I don't really see other opinions.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I'm not seeing imgay for scum, and I'm the first to be suspicious of people who agree with me.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

Yeah, I'm not seeing imgay for scum, and I'm the first to be suspicious of people who agree with me.

as demonstrated with your play regarding exakt

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just keep on banging that drum.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Murmur Twin posted:

Questions for E+:

(a) This is everything I've seen you say about Kash and I still don't understand why you think Kash is scum. Can you be more specific?

(b) Did Kash's watcher claim change your mind?

(c) In the event that it did, who do you think is scummiest? Other than Somber/BigUp being town I don't really see other opinions.

a. Kash showed a strong willingness to lynch a person he even admitted to thinking was town because of a "distraction". Outside of begrudgingly being the last vote for someone or getting someone out D1 I think town should always be voting for scum/3P, end of story.

b. Kash claiming watcher to counterclaim Exakt being scum seems to throw things around, but with him having been jailed I don't think it changes things much. I still want to mill it over a bit but I think Kash is the most likely scum so far.

c. Punt could be lurker scum, Somber could be scum but I honestly think it's more theoretical than anything. I don't 100% think EXAKT's doc claim is true; EXAKT being scum would probably make Kash scum but Kash being scum doesn't make EXAKT inherently scummy. If you want a list:

SCUM (most to least likely):
Kash
EXAKT
Somber/Punt

TOWN (most to least likely):
me (duh)
Bigup DJ
imgay
Asiina? (not even like 10% on this)

I probably need to do another reread tomorrow.

Also Somber never answered me on this:

Epsilon Plus posted:

Somber, do you think kash's vote on me was an OMGUS? If you had to take your best guess at it right now, who would you say my scumbuddies would be?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I'm not a fan of the votes on Jake he seems like he's on the level to me and I'd buy kash's claim too.

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote imgay

However I really dislike this vote, the justification seems abstracted, vague and not even directly related to whether imgay's alignment is town or scum. ##vote murmur twin

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
What do you mean that you don't think my doctor claim is 100% true. So you think it's partially true?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

I'm not a fan of the votes on Jake he seems like he's on the level to me and I'd buy kash's claim too.

However I really dislike this vote, the justification seems abstracted, vague and not even directly related to whether imgay's alignment is town or scum. ##vote murmur twin

So do you agree with Jake? Do you think I'm scum? Do you think he's logical but wrong? What does on the level mean?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

So do you agree with Jake? Do you think I'm scum? Do you think he's logical but wrong? What does on the level mean?

It means I think he's town fundamentally - I not only agree with a lot of what jake has said but even when I don't, it seems logically consistent and genuine. If I thought you were scum I'd have led with that and voted you.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

EXAKT Science posted:

What do you mean that you don't think my doctor claim is 100% true. So you think it's partially true?

:rolleyes:

It means there are multiple reasons why it may be true or it may be false.

Christ. I thought you were smarter than this.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

It means I think he's town fundamentally - I not only agree with a lot of what jake has said but even when I don't, it seems logically consistent and genuine. If I thought you were scum I'd have led with that and voted you.

Which of his opinions do you agree with, specifically?

You are being extremely vague.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Epsilon Plus posted:

:rolleyes:

It means there are multiple reasons why it may be true or it may be false.

Christ. I thought you were smarter than this.

Care to elaborate on any of that?

Also nice ad hom, bro.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

Which of his opinions do you agree with, specifically?

You are being extremely vague.

I didn't think specifics would be all that interesting but I've agreed with what he's been saying regarding bigup and "distractions", his position on kash d2, his position on chic, his position on scumclaiming being a nulltell and probably some other stuff I've forgotten.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

##vote imgay

Puntification posted:

Let me try and clarify, then.

imgay posted:

Like how could you take all the options that occured last night and go straight to the least likely scenario. There wasn't a kill. Exakt claims protection. No one counterclaims. I don't get it why would you be pushing either of the two at this point

---

its not like your reads are genuine though jake. you don't even think about what your claiming people to be. exakt immeadiately says he clears asiina cause they protected them. Scum have no incentives to take risks like that you know better than that poo poo.

---

Imgay is representing his point of view as:

(a) Asiina was protected on a night with no NK, and is trying hard, so based on her meta, is probably town
(b) Asiina being town is such a given that Jake even casing her is scummy

And he certainly seems to be confident that he's correct. I mean, right?

But what if Kashuno being jailed is the reason there was no NK? What if Asiina is actually scum who just happens to be posting this game? Even if imgay's read on Asii is correct, why is Jake's casing "scummy" instead of just "incorrect"? Why is imgay going so hard on casing JakeP (with Somber as second-scummiest) but not really casing me despite my asking similar questions about EXAKT/Asiina?

I asked those questions and didn't really get an answer. If he really was town who felt Jake is caught scum, I feel like he'd have more to say about what makes him think so. Instead, his answers to my questions were very brief:

imgay posted:

im getting high town vibes from asiina, so i wouldn't budge on that today. i don't like sombers posting so thats why he pinging me

---

---

like your posts on me are just interrogative and role fishy, its made lovely if you genuine

---

sounds like you actually need to do a reread then

The tone of his posts when casing Jake (confident) didn't match the tone of his posts (evasive) when I questioned him. Because of that, I think he's lying, and because of that, I think he's scum.

tl;dr - town motivation is hunting for scum, scum motivation is trying to get town lynched, and to me it feels to me like imgay is doing the latter.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also - probably not going to be around for the rest of the day but will be here before deadline tomorrow.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
##vote imgay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
id also like to point out that by changing my vote I am not declaring that I believe asiina is town, I know generally this wouldn't be necessary to bring up but earlier in this game asiina stated that moving your vote is proof that you think the person you were voting is town, and i dont want anyone confused

• Locked thread