Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

mandatory lesbian posted:

can't believe my life was ruined 6 years before i was born

Much like how the Virgin Mary was born already saved by the sacrifice of Christ, you were born already weeb trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Atlus's creation was the agony of the Soul. We here now experience the Agony of the Mind; Persona 5. In 30 years, we shall experience the Agony of the Body, and thus the Bridge shall be created, and we shall know the name of the King.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/720639482974703616

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/720641004034875393

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 14, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

That's a really cool logo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Neat how they were able to work the superimposed Peace/Anarchy symbols into the title.

e: Wait, Summer? Dang, there are just too many games coming out next season.

Motto fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 14, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I can't wait to play it in 2018

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
That's way sooner than I expected and from everything I've heard this game rules. God give me the strength to get through Strange Journey and IV

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

http://atlus.com/whats-in-a-name-smtiv-final-and-localizing-a-name/ posted:

Fun fact! For about two weeks, we considered dropping the “IV” from the name (a la SMT: Nocturne) and “featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry” series was suggested no less than 8 times by as many individuals. Those jokers.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Moltrey posted:

That's way sooner than I expected and from everything I've heard this game rules. God give me the strength to get through Strange Journey and IV

If you come to Final/Apocalypse straight from IV you might get burned out on it, because it's just more IV with a few QOL improvements and an absolutely batshit over-the-top plot. I'm glad it's been a while I last played IV because I'm not sure I would have made it all the way through Final without getting sick of it. It's pretty good though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I haven't even finished IV yet

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

Neat how they were able to work the superimposed Peace/Anarchy symbols into the title.

e: Wait, Summer? Dang, there are just too many games coming out next season.

projecthalaxy posted:

That's a really cool logo.

:yeah::yeah:

Hoping this doesn't end up releasing next to TMS because wow my free time.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

That name/logo owns really hard

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Ha, they couldn't use Holy War due to controversy fears.
Apocalypse is way better anyway.
EDIT: To further escalate the PR guy linked to a giant picture saying JIHAD.

HGH fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 14, 2016

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

IV was my introduction to this series so I am incredibly loving excited by this news.
The aesthetic and the gloom of the world is so very well captured. Strange Journey comes close to matching it but it suffers from being on an old/weak system.
Give me more.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Saw this going around again and god I hope public understanding of Shin Megami Tensei has improved in three years

Genpei Turtle posted:

If you come to Final/Apocalypse straight from IV you might get burned out on it, because it's just more IV with a few QOL improvements and an absolutely batshit over-the-top plot. I'm glad it's been a while I last played IV because I'm not sure I would have made it all the way through Final without getting sick of it. It's pretty good though.
That makes sense! I usually wait like a month or two between SMT's as I've been going through my backlog of them. I'm glad everything I've heard about Final has been great, but I'm the most curious in whatever the hell this dumb plot is.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

"The Darksouls of Persona" is quite possibly the best thing I've read this year

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Inferior game made by an inferior team

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
please make "The demon laughed at me, called me stupid, and bit me in the face killing me" the new thread title

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where's the Kotaku article about SMTIV destroying the guy's "gamer pride"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
lmao that's what the demon called me stupid quote's from

http://kotaku.com/how-shin-megami-tensei-iv-stripped-me-of-my-gamer-prid-511171107

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh lol

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My Gamer Pride

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Utter And Devastating Shame I Felt When I Died In Shin Megami Tensei IV And Charon Laughed At My Gamer Dick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The hardest part of that game for me was figuring out that buffs and debuffs actually mattered. Well that and the weird magic names, but once you got those down it's not really that difficult. It only fucks you over if you aren't paying attention.
And the map.
gently caress the map.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Every time you open the map it should have a voice clip that says "Welcome to the map, motherfucker. The Real SMTIV starts here!"

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
im playing through IV right now and my only problem with it is the same problem I have with most RPG's, in that I have a really bad estimation of my own power so I'm never really sure what level I'm supposed to be at for bosses

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

im playing through IV right now and my only problem with it is the same problem I have with most RPG's, in that I have a really bad estimation of my own power so I'm never really sure what level I'm supposed to be at for bosses

If you build your team right for the boss you can probably take on most of them whenever you get to them assuming you're not being oneshot by an almighty attack or something.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
I'm so pumped for the final fourth of the shin megami tensei IV bag to be drip-fed into my veins you guys

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

The level you're at when you get to them

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Lol the Atlus way

Release nothing for a year then 3 games within 6 months that are highly anticipated

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Moltrey posted:

Saw this going around again and god I hope public understanding of Shin Megami Tensei has improved in three years

"SMT IV lacks many of the elements that made Persona 3 so engrossing."

:laffo:

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well, it was a step back in some ways than Nocturne. It just also happened to still be a very good game. Also the main theme is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The main theme is perfectly befitting that metal as hell album cover

also I just noticed Jonathan is giving himself a hug on that boxart and same dude

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Lemon-Lime posted:

"SMT IV lacks many of the elements that made Persona 3 so engrossing."

:laffo:

That part was actually from a glowing review.

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

alcharagia posted:

Well, it was a step back in some ways than Nocturne. It just also happened to still be a very good game. Also the main theme is fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU

If you liked the music in IV you'll like Apocalypse because it's literally all the same :v:

They do have a few new tracks which are pretty good though. The last boss theme (spoilers, obviously) in particular I like a lot. Some aren't so great though, like they have a dungeon which is a remix of the SMT2 last boss theme of all things.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this year has so many cool games coming out, it's great

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lol the Atlus way

Release nothing for a year then 3 games within 6 months that are highly anticipated

Apoc, P5, and what else?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

Apoc, P5, and what else?

I assume Etrian Oddysey 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TMS