Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

Fitumo, Goddess of the Wilds
3/3 HP

dog kisser posted:

As they walked, they called out to the Goddess-Who-Remained-Hidden.
”Goddess, we wish to thank you for these companions. We shall call them Kittines! We have always given thanks to the Gods, and we wish to do so for you also - How should we worship you, oh Hidden One?

A whisper carried by the wind itself and heard in the rustling of leaves all around them carried the godly voice "I, Fitumo, am not hidden from you, for I am the very plants and beasts of the forest. If you wish to show your devotion to me, you must spread the reach of the wilds. On the edges of the forests, plant saplings in my name. When those have grown, plant again. Keep out any would who seek to harvest these lands for their own gain."

"This task will not always be simple. The greed of those who would harm the forests is great, and so are their magics. They have great structures that amplify and strengthen their powers. You will need such a place of your own if you wish to match them. In the deepest place of the forest, you will find a clearing. In this clearing you must build a great henge of Glasstone. Once built, I will grant you the knowledge of the rituals you must perform there to receive the magic of the wilds."
1d20 = 6

"Perhaps your Kittines will be strengthened with these powers as well, if the site is well-prepared."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
-1 Fortuna

No, no I don't think this will solve the problem at all, I think this will set that chronic wrangle of Dice and Cow folk in stone and turn it into an all out war. That the Fortugnat's realistically can't win because the Laitache population is 3 times larger then their population.

Wispy count: 10
Like: 1/2
Spite: 1/2

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
+1 to Fitumo

2 Wispings

00/- - remaining

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

goolm, god of lazy

dog kisser posted:

-O-
In a ‘Break’ between ‘Shows’, the Aqueau-Who-Ate-The-Chip looked up at Gulm, his eyes full of admiration. He cleared his throat, and spoke:
”Great God, thank you for the Box! I must ask you something, sir God. Who are you?

Gulm laughed a gentle laugh as he watched the Aqueau eat the entire chip whole, "No problemo, Brotato! My name is, uh, Gulm.", Gulm replied, grateful that as a God he came with a name and did not have to come up with one, "I guess I'm technically kinda a God, but I dunno. I'm just some guy, really." Not wanting the rest of his new L'il Buddies to be left out of the snack action, Gulm reached into the couch and pulled out some snacks for the rest as they all settled down to watch the season finale of Fart Detective. ("I know what you're thinking, but it's better than it sounds!")

- - -

Time passed and the Box began to attract more and more People, even Silvurtles! Gulm enjoyed the time spent hanging out with his new friends, but there was some things that were beginning to concern even him. All those who ate his snacks were beginning to get increasingly...large and unhealthy, requiring help to climb up and down the Most Holiest of Couches. This was especially puzzling to Gulm; as a God, he was immune to most, if not all, of the negative effects of his slothful lifestyle. The thought that it was his snacks and the lack of activity that was causing this never crossed the God of Laziness's mind.

Even more concerning was that The Large were being attacked by predators, who correctly saw them as slow, easy targets, every time they left the area surrounding Box. To Gulm, this was most upsetting! His L'il Buddies needed to be protected, but how? Gulm did not want to do it himself. Not only was that Effort, but he would have to get up every time a new batch of predators needed to be squished by his mighty feet! Giving them weapons was not an option, as their Largeness made them suffer at all manner of physical tasks. Teaching them magic? That was far too much work for everyone involved! And Gulm's buddies would have to spend all their time studying instead of hangin' out!

Gulm decided instead to turn to Box for inspiration. He seized Control and began to surf through channels. Before long, he had found it. He had stumbled onto a martial arts movie where the main character was able to give himself superhuman abilities through something as simple as meditation and breathing exercises. "Perfect!", an ecstatic Gulm thought.

"Hey, Brotato!", Gulm whispered to his Best Buddy, who normally perched himself on Gulm's great shoulder, "That movie kicked rear end, right? What if I told you how to do something like that and you taught the rest of our friends?" And so it began. Gulm started teaching Brotato a series of breathing maneuvers and manipulations of key pressure points that would allow him to do two things:

1) Convert the inner energy stored by fatness into raw Power
2) Allow him to convert his 'wasted potential energy', gained by sitting on the Couch and chillin', into short, but powerful, bursts of pure speed.

They called it...Chicken Wing Chun, after one of Gulm's most favorite foods.

Teaching Brotato Martial Arts, so that he might teach the rest: 11.

paper bag with a face fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 25, 2016

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
+1 Fitumo

Henges glassed: 10

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

+1 to Fortuna

Let's break something

2 wispings

2 negatives remain

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

TheNabster posted:

-1 Fortuna

No, no I don't think this will solve the problem at all, I think this will set that chronic wrangle of Dice and Cow folk in stone and turn it into an all out war. That the Fortugnat's realistically can't win because the Laitache population is 3 times larger then their population.

Wispy count: 10
Like: 1/2
Spite: 1/2

Well, the thought was that they would to their quest in secret so as not to be discovered, but I see that I didn't spell that out specifically. :ohdear: Still, they're sort of returning CZAR!'s artifact to his people, so that's good right? ;)

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
+1 chicken wing chun

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Nyaa posted:

+1 chicken wing chun

- - Remaining

Wisp Count 10

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

hollylolly posted:

she could not shout his name

:colbert:

-1 Fortuna

Wispings: 2

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

+1 Gulm

Wisp count: 6

0/2 + left.
2/2 - left.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

A glasshenge? No thanks.

-1 to Fitumo

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
+1 glim

Coalescing: 2

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Mason, Lord of NASCAR (Idiocy)

Mason was certainly living the life! Now that he had booze, he could really have a good time! After a few rip-roaring good nights, Mason decides it may be beneficial to actually talk to the Laitache. He swapped stories of Alabama with them as they described their history to the Foolish God, and learned of the rise of their society, figuratively and literally. At a certain point, an earthbound light castemember, having a couple of drinks in them, asked Mason a question:
”Mason, hello. I look down at the land below sometimes, and I wonder about it. I, um, I think… well, here I go: How should we treat the land? I know we’re floating up here, but… maybe we won’t be forever? I dunno.”

Mason rubs his chin, hoping he is looking more thoughtful at the moment, but his drooling doesn't let that play out all too well. Mason turns to the Laitache and says "Well, I'reckin ets like my pappy always sed: What gits down must kum up, end vicey verses! Uf curse, hee wuz talkin moor bout drinkin' heavily den anytin' else. I serpose it applyes here. Yer MooMoos get started on de ground, end whyle dis es ur home, dis land keme frum dat land down thar two. I serpose u shood treet bot de saim."

"Know eye shee yer MooMoo masheen es not lukin so purdy. Eye thin' I ken help wit that." As Mason heads on over to the machine he calls out "HEY HEAD MOO-MOO! EYE NEED UR HELP ON DIS".

With most of the Laitache out of earshot Mason speaks to Legendairy: "Now eye no yoo ain't much frond ef me, but eye need yer help wit de other Moo-Moos. Wut eye dun have en me hed eye make up fer it here" as Mason points to his unusually large liver. "Sho tell me wut yer Moo-Moos need tuh thrive end eye'll see wut eye ken doo."

Fixing Lift-The-Burden: 1d20 6

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
-1 Mason

Wisp number idk like 10 or something

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

An insistent and curious Verre posted:

"God, I must know something. We know that your kind are the stars in the sky, and that in truth you are Wisps, and that when you are down here with us you have great power. What I have to know is this: What are we to you? Playthings? Children? Or less even than that? I have heard of poor Shi and how her ancestors suffered under the Gods, and I wonder and fret."

"You are a story to us," The God replied. "All of Somewhere is a story that we view from above. Each twinkling star a watching eye, each mote of darkness an empty and waiting seat. A story is the greatest of magics, and while many Wisps struggle to influence the course of it, only a few gain a direct voice in its authorship. The Gods are those authors, who for a short time can change the course of the story. Some will have an agenda, some will only try to be true to themselves and their Name. Some will rely on their old companions outside Somewhere to fuel their new tellings. Others still will only observe, content to watch Somewhere unfold."

"We fret as well. Somewhere is a gift, each of you are treasures. But treasures can be forgotten, can be reforged. Can be lost. Can be a jewel to a conqueror's crown. You are right to fret, for just as the Gods must vanish, no Story, even Somewhere, is without end."

---

Tzcota slipped away from the inquisitive Verre, flashing through the ends of Somewhere to arrive in CZAR!mark beside his fellow god. He addressed Legendairy as well. "Or, you may take what you desire yourself. No need to tell a god anything. Somewhere is made of divine essences, each with their own qualities and attributes."

"What little remains of your Humility, sacrifice it to me. In doing so, understand the nature of Sacricotta - the Devouring Cheese."

Teach Legendairy's Caste the meta-art of Sacricotta, the ability to sacrifice objects and gain the power of its elemental essence as a magical 'add.' Roll = 5

"The purer the element sacrificed, the more of it devoured, the greater the effect you may reap."

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
So am I right that at the minute Mason is gonna break the floating idol power while Keno and Roulette are gonna cast a spell that makes the island float?

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

+1 Tezcota because cheese puns.

Wispiness: 9
Influence Remaining: + -

Aabcehmu
Apr 27, 2013

Confusion As a Natural State of Being
-1 to Tezcota

Count: 2 (6?)
Remaining: +,-

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
-1 Mason

Just to make things interesting.

Edit: 10th wisp

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 26, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

+1 Chicken Wing Chun

I have looked wispfully down upon this world 7 times

00/-- left

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
-1 Mason

Wisp Count 2, +- Remaining

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 26, 2016

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
-1 to Mason

Wisp count: 3

Obscil fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 26, 2016

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

-1 Glun

Wisps: 8

Lord Zedd-Repulsa fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 26, 2016

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
-1 Mason

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
-1 to Tezcota

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:allears:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

-1 to tezcota i guess

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
-1 to Tezcota sorry dude but I want to save my remaining +

Wisp Count 10

Actions Remaining: +-

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
-1 to Tezcota

Wispings: 6
Remaining: ++
Spent: --

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
-1 Fortunata

Wispings: 3
Remaining: ++-
Spent: -

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
+1 to Fitumo's ReinFortressed Glasshenge for Fragile Felines :c::minnie::c:

DSMG's Wisp Actions: 9 [1+,1-]

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
Haha, wow. People REALLY don't want for the Laitache to have nice things :v:

I suppose they lost a lot of their charm when they went all cow-nazi.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

1+ Fitumo

I hope the island remains floating till the end of the age- I had plans for it.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
-1 Tezcota

Wispings: 8

Remaining: -+

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
- 1 to Mason.

Wisped twice.

Remaining wisp actions: +-

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Wow this round is a bloodbath! Leaving voting open for a bit longer.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Perhaps a milk bath with Tezcota's moomoo sacrifices on the Aztec dice pyramid. Time for Legendairy to seize godhood.

NastyToes
Oct 9, 2012

-1 Tezcota for the pun.

Wispings: 2
Remaining: +-
Spent: +-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

+1 Fitumo

Her benevolence spent, Catmandu must now down-wisp things. May the Kittines aid you in Cat-omancy.

Wispings: 6

• Locked thread