Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

That's assuming the both of your are scum though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kordansk posted:

Wait, if tremta is scum to you, how is me on tremta make us both scum. It serves no purpose.

Also, I never really said "They are both scum together" so please do not interpret what I'm saying as that.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We've had some chatty players but no one has really been super pushy about their ideas. Most everyone is keeping to themselves and only answering things when directly prodded. A more vocal player would be trying to encourage people to follow their leads to get something done. Like I said no one has been trying to persuade others to after Pmom outside of half hearted, "vote pmom/pmom's scum" it doesn't feel particularly convincing. Also, since no one is trying in particular to save Pmom I find it hard to believe there's a scum team at his back.

I'll put my case on you together now that I've a bit of time. I just wanted to get my vote in.

harumph

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

OK

##vote Tremendous Taste

Well you put a vote on them here, so....

I am trying to understand your logic here. You have to contort some fuzzy math where I am wasting my time pushing a tremta case to later get town credit for 'scum bussing' on a player that may or may not get lynched or may or may not flip scum - but at this point isn't happening as there is no traction on tremta. This is all while I've had a few people toss some cases on me, pmom being obsessed with my posting while ignoring tremtas because who knows why (some crap about null reads day 1). I could easily have just swapped my vote to pmom like a day ago and just closed the thread without a worry of even getting remotely close to being lynched. Based on you saying what you would look out for, and what you have done in the past, is it reasonable to stick my head out there as a scum player?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Let me know if I'm typing too many words in one go for you.

I'll

try

to

space

them

out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

kordansk posted:

you realize that I have been pushing for tremta all day - even though we have been talking to each other. you keep going on and on about me, and yet you are just basically ignoring the point that im trying to shift the vote off of you by pushing tremta. I don't even.... I only want to vote you at this point to either prevent a NL or just because you are being obtuse.

It's not true that you're pushing Taste over me, and it's not true that you're trying to shift the vote off me.

Let's look at your latest case/"attempt" at pushing Taste:

kordansk posted:

Quickly reviewing Taste's post history after I made my point about the meta vote. This is the majority of this posts relating to pmom. In fact this is a large portion of Taste's posts in general this game. Quippy one liners that don't actually case anyone, and just interact to push a lynch. Still happy with my vote where it stands on Taste after reviewing post history following my initial comment about the meta case vote. If pmom is going to continue to be dense about me, then I don't know what to tell them, but pmom maybe you should read taste first and find out why taste is going so hard on you and more curiously why you are plainly ignoring it?

You take the opportunity to snipe at me and imply that I'm behaving in a suspicious way (without, I'll note, having been able to articulate why when pressed).
And that's been basically the entire day - you explicitly call for a Taste vote while building a narrative on me.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Max, you really should actually re-read tremtas posts, and ask yourself, is this a person that is actively attempting to find scum on D1, or is it a player just posting to get some interaction and demonstrate their presence in the thread without raising any flags?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Let me know if I'm typing too many words in one go for you.

I'll

try

to

space

them

out.

if only there were a vocal player pushing for votes today

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's not true that you're pushing Taste over me, and it's not true that you're trying to shift the vote off me.

Let's look at your latest case/"attempt" at pushing Taste:

You take the opportunity to snipe at me and imply that I'm behaving in a suspicious way (without, I'll note, having been able to articulate why when pressed).
And that's been basically the entire day - you explicitly call for a Taste vote while building a narrative on me.

You seriously get that one tiny bit about you basically ignoring taste out of that entire post??? LOL okay.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
And I did articulate when pressed - stop trying to reframe my posts.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kordansk posted:

Max, you really should actually re-read tremtas posts, and ask yourself, is this a person that is actively attempting to find scum on D1, or is it a player just posting to get some interaction and demonstrate their presence in the thread without raising any flags?

I'm voting them so there is that.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

I'm voting them so there is that.

Good point - when I looked at your posts, I got the order mixed up and thought you unvoted tremta.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if only there were a vocal player pushing for votes today

It's been a bit hard to take you seriously at times this game, but credit where credit's due.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

remember when chaoslord voted me then dipped

kashuno has more posts than him lul

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

I don't have a particularly strong scum read at the moment. Gun to my head because you're going to vig me if I don't make a scum call? I'd take PMom, their vote for Somber seemed like a big overreaction

I forgot all about CLord in this game but I just remembered them and that they made this post where they were paranoid about a vig for some reason.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Holy poo poo, I forgot clord was in this game too.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

That was the message I was trying to convey and I used a phrase that is very common to convey it. The vig thing was probably over explaining, sure, (to save you time I'll just put your "ha, scum slip!" here), but the message was plain and clear.

Hmm, makes this post, then throws a garbage vote on dongs (who was being garbage at the time) then goes away. I know it was a slow weekend in this thread, but on the surface it looks like he's ducking out of the current fight going on.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

youre being garbage at the time

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongs you know I like you but not like like you, but you were being kinda garbage-y earlier. No offense.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Which isn't a bad strategy when scum, but there are so many reason why someone ends up lurking that we're better off with someone we've got cases against.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

youre kind of garbagey earlier

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

kordansk posted:

So wait, you agree with my assessment, yet would rather push a vote on me. Is this babbys first mafia?

babby's third mafia, thank you very much.

And it's not that your assessment is completely off the mark--Taste does look pretty bad! It's that you've spent more time talking about how vote leader Pinterest is suspicious than you have about Taste, and then you turned around and told everyone to look over your case on Taste as explanation for why you aren't voting Pinterest and there's very little there--if your read really was that much stronger on Taste, you sure didn't give that impression previously, and Pinterest has laid out a pretty good scenario for that being scum behavior.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
ive only played a few games with clord, but they the last few times they checked out until later in the game. i dont even remember what alignment they were.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

yo this guy tremta is scum
lets vote him out on his bum
read all his posts
theyre totally gross
for tremta death will come

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

kordansk posted:

ive only played a few games with clord, but they the last few times they checked out until later in the game. i dont even remember what alignment they were.

bad

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

STOP TALKING ABOUT CLORD

tremta is scum thank you

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

STOP TALKING ABOUT CLORD

tremta is scum thank you

Why'd you bring him up?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

babby's third mafia, thank you very much.

And it's not that your assessment is completely off the mark--Taste does look pretty bad! It's that you've spent more time talking about how vote leader Pinterest is suspicious than you have about Taste, and then you turned around and told everyone to look over your case on Taste as explanation for why you aren't voting Pinterest and there's very little there--if your read really was that much stronger on Taste, you sure didn't give that impression previously, and Pinterest has laid out a pretty good scenario for that being scum behavior.

I'd have a better case on tremtas if tremtas had a posting history that could be analyzed outside of what they basically already did and what I already commented on. Without flips, and seeing the interactions, it's hard to get more definite that how I am right now. Pmom is just being dense at this point in my opinion. I initially didn't like them (see my posts about ignoring tremtas, along with generally being evasive and wanting to push the lynch to what felt like anywhere but them), but the fact that they are almost being apathy lynched feels more like a mislynch than a scum lynch considering we are approaching deadline.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

Why'd you bring him up?

if i was going to explain one aspect of my play so far, is this the question youd really want answered

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

kordansk posted:

Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

I don't like this sort of town read. You, Keane, and Max all did one, though Max's was in response to Keane's and more importantly he implies he agrees with them. Neither Keane or you do this and it just becomes an empty town read trying to garner some brownie points.

kordansk posted:

Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

Pinterest Mom posted:

As a rule I try to not engage with Taste early in the game. He always thinks I'm scum and I'm not good at reading him so it's not v useful.

This struck me as inconsistent as you say you'd vote Pmom, but only because he was trying to get anyone but himself executed. Nowhere do you mention, were you to be consistent with your taste vote, his use of a meta argument.

kordansk posted:

Pmom is looking to shift the case anywhere but them and is going for convenience by trying to push it on me. Pmom you should vote taste. FYI the defense "I'm town therefore don't vote me" is like the worst thing ever. What's your read on somber now? Complaining about being the vote leader without putting forth a real case is kind of silly. Notice I still haven't voted you. I have more than enough posts about you to justify it. Notice how I'm still on tremtas. How does that jive with your scum read on me? I can easily pile on without anyone questioning it.

This just reads scummy. Why haven't you done so? All I can tell about your vote on Taste is that it's been on meta reasoning and yet you lay out an 'anyone but me' case on Pmom, but clearly aren't sold enough on it to vote him out? It really doesn't make sense.

kordansk posted:

This - read my posts about taste.

The funny thing is you've tunneled on Taste for 1 thing, not unlike he's done with Pmom. Max's done a decent job explaining the bus to you I think.

Essentially the scummiest thing about you is your weak weak case on Taste and what I feel is your attempts to seem towny by not going after the vote leader even though you're sure they're scum too. Those actions just make no sense unless you're trying to not be seen on the vote list were Pmom to flip town, which is what scum would do.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

In that post, you're challenging me to look for scum elsewhere and find more compelling reasons to vote Somber. In the Somber case you approvingly cite as the reason you're still voting me, Somber's last three points are:

Hm. Yeah those are kinda weak.

Chaoslord is probably town and probably gonna die as a lurker.

##unvote
##vote kord

For reasons cited above also meta cases in and of themselves aren't scummy on d1.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I don't like this sort of town read. You, Keane, and Max all did one, though Max's was in response to Keane's and more importantly he implies he agrees with them. Neither Keane or you do this and it just becomes an empty town read trying to garner some brownie points.

This struck me as inconsistent as you say you'd vote Pmom, but only because he was trying to get anyone but himself executed. Nowhere do you mention, were you to be consistent with your taste vote, his use of a meta argument.

This just reads scummy. Why haven't you done so? All I can tell about your vote on Taste is that it's been on meta reasoning and yet you lay out an 'anyone but me' case on Pmom, but clearly aren't sold enough on it to vote him out? It really doesn't make sense.

The funny thing is you've tunneled on Taste for 1 thing, not unlike he's done with Pmom. Max's done a decent job explaining the bus to you I think.

Essentially the scummiest thing about you is your weak weak case on Taste and what I feel is your attempts to seem towny by not going after the vote leader even though you're sure they're scum too. Those actions just make no sense unless you're trying to not be seen on the vote list were Pmom to flip town, which is what scum would do.

Read most recent post about why my opinion is changing on pmom. I mostly have been posting with them because they have been engaging with me as well. I suppose I could have taken a play from their book and just ignored the player.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

dongsbot 9000 posted:

STOP TALKING ABOUT CLORD

tremta is scum thank you

His posting has been so one sided that it's hard to make heads or tails of it, but I feel like his posting his always this one sided. I've always felt Taste was more opportunistic when scum, but I feel he's doing what he's doing to be annoying or because he doesn't care or both. This unfortunately doesn't necessarily make him scum.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Hm. Yeah those are kinda weak.

Chaoslord is probably town and probably gonna die as a lurker.

##unvote
##vote kord

For reasons cited above also meta cases in and of themselves aren't scummy on d1.

lol yes they are.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

kordansk posted:

Read most recent post about why my opinion is changing on pmom. I mostly have been posting with them because they have been engaging with me as well. I suppose I could have taken a play from their book and just ignored the player.

I thought Pmom summed it up pretty well.

Pinterest Mom posted:

That behavior is pretty cut and dry scum. You do seem pretty set on this whole D1 meta thing being a tell. Is that a steadfast rule with you like "execute all liars"?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have to go to work now, but another player that struck me earlier though I'll have to re-read is Bottleknight, I don't remember it all but I feel he lays town reads on somber and pmom and votes keane and then just hasn't shown up since. It feels off but I need to look into it.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tremta is scum because i know thank you

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I thought Pmom summed it up pretty well.

That behavior is pretty cut and dry scum. You do seem pretty set on this whole D1 meta thing being a tell. Is that a steadfast rule with you like "execute all liars"?

I find that in general, people tend to use meta arguments in place of real ones because there isn't a real one to be made. This isn't the same thing as someone getting a bad feeling based on the way posts happened and their content, it's the kind of thing where X player does this every time they're scum, so therefore they're scum this game. It's lazy and tends to ding my radar right away because it demonstrates to me they really aren't reading the game and are instead relying on past games to predict future alignment. Combine that with tremtas d1 posting and you see why I haven't budged.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Taste doesn't ever seem to justify anything ever. I realize that's a meta defense but it's safe to say he's just agreed with whatever points were built up against Pmom. I get the feeling that he just doesn't care, were he scum and had a more "active" goal to pursue he'd be working harder for it, but it strikes me as just D1 apathy from someone who is so very often indifferent.

dongsbot 9000 posted:

tremta is scum because i know thank you

For example, while I do think that dongs is probably town, this argument doesn't do anything to convince me to actually agree with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Hi 100! Welcome!

Hi everyone else, I had a nice weekend, how about you? Going to ##unvote until I catch up the weekend posts, but is there new stuff happening or is the PMom \ Somber thing still in the forefront?

• Locked thread