Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

What's your team?

Dunno yet. Thief and Mystic Knight so far. Gonna get my third class tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i didnt go for the triple crown because this was my first ever fiesta (and in fact, first time beating ffv period)

had to avoid every random encounter pretty much from world 3 till the end of the game b/c my levels and lack of offense was so telling, but otoh faris was hitting exdeath for 2x5k damage so

bard and chemist were a really good combo, and bard saved my rear end over and over again before chemist showed up

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Whoops.

Somehow ended up disrupting their pathing when I got the Requiem song from them. They wound up stuck like that until I left the screen.

Best part is I didn't even need the song since I don't have bard. :buddy:

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Khisanth Magus posted:

Just grind on the rift in the area before the village. Only real threat there is an occasional roulette, and you are seconds away from a healing pot.

And even more importantly, the Level Trickers will drop Elixirs, and you're gonna need, like, all of them.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

derra posted:

What's your team?

And I have a question, I have Mystic / Red / Dancer / Red and I've managed to get to the crystals.

At levels 15-17.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't have a way to cheese this and am going to have to get some levels (Exdeath shouldn't be too bad with the Staves of Light I have, but I don't see a way around this one). Is there a recommended grinding spot in W2, especially if you have bad damage output? Thanks.

Start everybody in the back row, Protect up, then one at a time, slowly wear a crystal down to just above the nuking threshold. Then move everybody up to the front and wait for a Sword Dance (you might need to heal the crystals back over the threshold if the Dancer keeps Jitterbugging), then when it finally hits, go to town on it. You might want to have the two Reds dancing, since they really won't do much damage with regular attacks and depending on the math it might be better just to hope for another Sword Dance.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

OzFactor posted:

Start everybody in the back row, Protect up, then one at a time, slowly wear a crystal down to just above the nuking threshold. Then move everybody up to the front and wait for a Sword Dance (you might need to heal the crystals back over the threshold if the Dancer keeps Jitterbugging), then when it finally hits, go to town on it. You might want to have the two Reds dancing, since they really won't do much damage with regular attacks and depending on the math it might be better just to hope for another Sword Dance.

I've used similar strats before and the damage / hp isn't there. Reds barely have more HP than my Dancer (540 on the Mystic, sub-400 on everyone else). The physical attacks from the crystals are threatening, even with Protect. No one has learned !Dance yet. There's an Air crystal that somehow I'd have to find gear to burn down. Any cast from the critical range will wipe me, so I'd have to get multiple Sword Dances in a row 4 separate times in the fight without Sword Dance Up.

If I recall the guys in he cave leading to Catobepas are vulnerable to Break and give good xp, so I'll head there, but if anyone knows a better place I am all ears.

Dwall
Jun 14, 2016

W.T. Fits posted:

Whoops.

Somehow ended up disrupting their pathing when I got the Requiem song from them. They wound up stuck like that until I left the screen.

Best part is I didn't even need the song since I don't have bard. :buddy:

I can't tell you how much time I've wasted playing around with the pathing on those three. I've been trying to get other NPCs cornered and blocked off by them, but no luck on that yet.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

StarMinstrel posted:

Dunno yet. Thief and Mystic Knight so far. Gonna get my third class tonight.

Mystic Knight is enough to Triple Crown, but by itself it's not too pretty. A berserk source for Shinryu is more vital here than disable for Omega IMO. There are missable things in W1 but none of them are vital. Probably the most important thing is a song from Lix if you get a Bard (and get Romeos in that other town in the NW corner while you're at it). I always get the Ribbon, Main Gauche and the Elven Cloak from the castle escape sequence, but with a MK once again not strictly necessary.

The best equipment in this game is generally farmable, purchasable or is found at the end of the game and not permanently missable.

Post again when you have your final party and I can give better feedback.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
And a one

And a two

And a three

And one to grow on.

My Brave Blade was so brave that it has double power!

He had two-handed on.

So that's a Triple Crown with the name a butt, plus a full power Brave Blade.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
that was fun enough i'm already feeling a jonesing to do a second run, but should i do another normal, or a random or chaos

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

derra posted:

Mystic Knight is enough to Triple Crown, but by itself it's not too pretty. A berserk source for Shinryu is more vital here than disable for Omega IMO. There are missable things in W1 but none of them are vital. Probably the most important thing is a song from Lix if you get a Bard (and get Romeos in that other town in the NW corner while you're at it). I always get the Ribbon, Main Gauche and the Elven Cloak from the castle escape sequence, but with a MK once again not strictly necessary.

The best equipment in this game is generally farmable, purchasable or is found at the end of the game and not permanently missable.

Post again when you have your final party and I can give better feedback.

noted! Thanks.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

UberJew posted:

that was fun enough i'm already feeling a jonesing to do a second run, but should i do another normal, or a random or chaos

Chaos. Always Chaos.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

derra posted:

Chaos. Always Chaos.

i blame you if i get multiple berserkers, having one was more than enough

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pure Chaos best chaos

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

derra posted:

And I have a question, I have Mystic / Red / Dancer / Red and I've managed to get to the crystals.

At levels 15-17.

Unless I'm missing something, I don't have a way to cheese this and am going to have to get some levels (Exdeath shouldn't be too bad with the Staves of Light I have, but I don't see a way around this one). Is there a recommended grinding spot in W2, especially if you have bad damage output? Thanks.

Can a Mystic Knight with Shell survive Aeroga at that level? If so, it might be doable using the Flame Shield for healing.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

I want to say there are some missables if you're trying to min-max Agility or certain other niche things (certain status immunity?) in certain classes but it's just not coming to me at all. I've found if you can skip Rings in World 1 you can usually buy everything (meaning enough copies to cover your final classes) with only a bit of grinding.

Kyrosiris posted:

Or just don't worry about it because Level 3 Flare is not very useful. :v:
Level 3 Flare is great when you're wearing Reflect Rings.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

a butt for the butt pile

thief/zerk/zerk/zerk turned MKnight with Krile. hard and annoying then really easy

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
I really need to get back into this, but I'm distracted by other games! (Mostly getting around to beating Rogue Galaxy on PS4, since I never did beat the original PS2 release before my PS2 died)

I wonder how much room is left on the A Butt limit? I'm still at the end of world 1.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bufuman posted:

I really need to get back into this, but I'm distracted by other games! (Mostly getting around to beating Rogue Galaxy on PS4, since I never did beat the original PS2 release before my PS2 died)

I wonder how much room is left on the A Butt limit? I'm still at the end of world 1.

You probably have time. There's 35 "slots"

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Just finished my second run of Dragoon/Mimic/Beastmaster/Samurai.

Went for a chaos 750 run to ensure I get some something fun. I instead got some other word that starts with "fu"

Geomancer and Triple Chemist. I mean, yeah. Triple Crown, but... man I'd prefer something more diverse.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yay beat my run on the actual SNES. Used the rpge translation with the patch from last year that cleaned up the text a little and put Krile instead of Cara.

Rirse fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 25, 2017

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

UberJew posted:

i didnt go for the triple crown because this was my first ever fiesta (and in fact, first time beating ffv period)

had to avoid every random encounter pretty much from world 3 till the end of the game b/c my levels and lack of offense was so telling, but otoh faris was hitting exdeath for 2x5k damage so

bard and chemist were a really good combo, and bard saved my rear end over and over again before chemist showed up

Before you start another run, go and beat Omega and Shinryu. You have an amazing opportunity with your current team.

Omega is totally helpless if you have your bard constantly playing romeo's ballad.

For Shinryu, start with everyone equipped with coral rings. Bard is on speed song duty, then hero's song afterwards. Chemist, and monk with !mix, throws out a ton of defensive mixes. the lightning and fire absorption mixes, haste mix, dragon's kiss on everyone. By then you'll be immune to everything shinryu can do and you just beat him down.

Chemist can also use their beserk mix on shinryu if you want, but that makes him do only melee attacks, and he's strong.

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jun 25, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
My favorite way to beat Shinryu is to get 3 zombie members with reflect rings, hiding, then making a sandwich.

Mainly because it's one of the few cheese strats available for mobile.

Nasgate fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jun 25, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ultrafilter posted:

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.
Oh geez, I forgot about this. I triple crowned with WHM/THF/BST/BER

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Chemist can also use their beserk mix on shinryu if you want, but that makes him do only melee attacks, and he's strong.

Shinryu's physical attacks are one hit kills, but they're single target. That makes him a lot more manageable than if you have to deal with stuff that hits everybody.

theshim posted:

Oh geez, I forgot about this. I triple crowned with WHM/THF/BST/BER

On the list.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

What the hell, I'll make a pledge too. The general consensus is that the most overpowered jobs are Blue Mage/Mystic Knight/Bard/Chemist, so let's see what y'all can do without them. I'll throw in $10 for every goon who triple crowns with none of those jobs. No upper limit, but that's every goon, not every run.

Forgot about this one too, so here's my triple crown:

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

I rolled the dice with a pure chaos Zerker risk. I was hoping for one Zerker, was expecting two and got: Mystic Knight /BER / SER / KER. Got stuck on Purobolos. Grinded out some levels for hp and some elixirs, and then I got lucky and nothing attached my Mystic Knight so I could silence and kill em all.

Currently At Atomos, where the real fight is farming my last wall ring. The only other roadblocks I forsee is hoping RNG falls correctly for Exdeath and NED. Beyond White, Black, or Time, I can't think of a better babysitter, so at least I have that going for me.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Gone ahead and peaked at the second run jobs since I wasn't going to do a new run unless it was something interesting, but I got three jobs I didn't have before so I probably will complete this one. What can I do with Monk, Black Mage, Summoner, and Mystic Knight? Monk is the weak weak for sure since no bard to make him super buff like last time I had him, but the heavy magic focus doesn't really matter.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the advice--just finished my second FJF run!

#BERSERKERRISK is...something. Really something. I'm so tired of pressing Tab.

And donated for two of us late for Basch!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Forgot about this one too, so here's my triple crown:

Got it.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
gently caress trizerkers forever

At least I got cool shades

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

So far my pure chaos run is sam/ber/geo/???

I'm not using the fiesta patch. I'm not looking forward to the library :negative:

Edit: Ugh I forgot about sol cannon as well.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 25, 2017

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Shwqa posted:

So far my pure chaos run is sam/ber/geo/???

I'm not using the fiesta patch. I'm not looking forward to the library :negative:

!Gaia is all Fire attacks in the Library, Geo is actually pretty decent for Byblos.

----

I think I'll do a 750 run, I've never gotten to play with a bunch of cool mage jobs before - especially at Wind, since Risk replaces them.

Oh. :shepicide:

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

https://twitter.com/FF5ForFutures/status/878404346731405313

Good if you just want to stream some random Fiesta in the background.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

!Gaia is all Fire attacks in the Library, Geo is actually pretty decent for Byblos.

----

I think I'll do a 750 run, I've never gotten to play with a bunch of cool mage jobs before - especially at Wind, since Risk replaces them.

Oh. :shepicide:

For some reason I was thinking byblos was immune to fire. So yeah the library was actually a cake walk.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

This was a pathetic Neo Exdeath battle. I was able to easily set up Protect and Shell on the whole party and throw Dragon Powers at my White Mage and Dualcast Holy at everything. Also here's my picture proof for Shinryu:

I decided that an Omega victory would be too tedious and have too many things go wrong with having to rely on Thundara for damage, so yeah. All in all, I enjoyed my 750 run. A bit more challenging than I was expecting, but once Chemist got rolling and I grabbed Holy everything else was an embarrassment. It was totally a late bloomer party. I'll see if I feel up to doing another run later in the summer, if there's any new enticing options!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

You could just do the Chemist berserking glitch with the Mirage Vest glitch. It seemed really easy with 3 non-hitting Berserkers so I can't imagine it'd be very difficult with more than one person draining.

Edit: Berserkers do have a very high Evade score though so you'd have to manage the hits better.

Doom Goon fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jun 25, 2017

derra
Dec 29, 2012
Time / Chemist / Ninja / Blue.

This is a massacre.

...I got Blue last. I'm actually trying to figure out if it's worth it to go out of my way learn any Blue magic with this team and can't come up with anything except White Wind / Mighty Guard / Mind Blast. MAYBE Level Old and Death for W2 Exdeath but Holy Breath does a good job there.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

gbuchold posted:

gently caress trizerkers forever

At least I got cool shades

Sup fellow Thief/Ber/Zer/Ker friend. You didn't even have the Chicken Knife to rely on, a braver person than I.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Bad Seafood posted:

:siren: Calling all Captains Courageous! :siren:

This year, like every year, I plan on using the Chicken Knife like the dirty little coward I am. But you know what? I think you can do better!

For everyone who completes their run with a fully functioning Brave Blade either equipped or in their inventory (which is to say, a Brave Blade at full power; no running), I will donate $5 to Child's Play, up to a total of $150. For proof, all I ask is a screenshot of your party, standing before Exdeath in the Rift, with another screenshot of your untarnished Brave Blade boasting 150 attack power.

First ever Brave Blade run for me. Gonna take some work to Triple Crown this one but I'm going for it.

• Locked thread