Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

George posted:

I have a tab I'm filling with shaper items because stars.

this is what i'm actually doing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Quit the league for a few weeks and your mirror will be 150 ex

If you're new to the game the right answer is always "what you're playing now plus headhunter"

ED seems like it'd be a mediocre use of HH but yeah, that was my first thought

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

ED seems like it'd be a mediocre use of HH but yeah, that was my first thought

if you have decent gear to sell (I can see from your currency tab that you aren't very ex rich) the best way to make use of a HH is probably KB wander.

second place budget option is a dualwielding sunderer

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
vaal spark... wait wrong league.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

if you have decent gear to sell (I can see from your currency tab that you aren't very ex rich) the best way to make use of a HH is probably KB wander.

second place budget option is a dualwielding sunderer

yeah i think i'll work on kitting out a wander and then save the rest towards a HH, since as it turns out, no zana nemesis has caused a slight increase in HH prices from harbinger (also i guess the league is still p young), and i don't have much else of value

should i splurge on a good crafted wand or just look for some good jewels and use a piscators?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

yeah i think i'll work on kitting out a wander and then save the rest towards a HH, since as it turns out, no zana nemesis has caused a slight increase in HH prices from harbinger (also i guess the league is still p young), and i don't have much else of value

should i splurge on a good crafted wand or just look for some good jewels and use a piscators?

good jewels and a piscators.

e: you can't get phys to ele conversion except on an amulet if you use piscators though. I'm like 90% sure you still use the Esh shield.

you know what I don't feel comfortable making gear recommendations in 3.1 I would check a guide before you take my advice lol

mbt fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 20, 2017

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

good jewels and a piscators.

e: you can't get phys to ele conversion except on an amulet if you use piscators though. I'm like 90% sure you still use the Esh shield.

you know what I don't feel comfortable making gear recommendations in 3.1 I would check a guide before you take my advice lol

lmao well thank you, this is a good jumping off point at least

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

lmao well thank you, this is a good jumping off point at least

I just checked and hh is 103+ ex
mirror is about 75 ex

:rip: this league tbh thats pretty wild

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

mirror is about 75 ex

yeah lmao

i might just do some dumb meme poo poo tbh, there's a really stupid necro sunder setup i've been wanting to try that i can probably get setup for less than 10ex

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

mirror is about 75 ex

How is that possible? Can HH not be mirrored?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

You can't mirror uniques.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like how they have gone back and improved on old parts of the game, latest example being the atlas and shaper rework, I hope by next league they rework the masters and hideouts, room for more varieties of hideouts based on the new tilesets like snow, desert, oriath or more variations of existing hideouts.

The other thing I'd like to see them do is improving the masters, have every master besides zana join a union and all gain experience at once.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Are you saying Zana's a scab?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Pharnakes posted:

How is that possible? Can HH not be mirrored?

Iirc, all the uniques are already mirrors of the original item, and you can't mirror a mirrored item.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Iirc, all the uniques are already mirrors of the original item, and you can't mirror a mirrored item.

lol what am I reading

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Don't blaze and PoE. It's not worth it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol what am I reading

A somewhat known piece of lore that is the reasoning behind you not being able to mirror uniques. I'm not sure it's official, though, can't really find the source.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Elentor posted:

A somewhat known piece of lore that is the reasoning behind you not being able to mirror uniques. I'm not sure it's official, though, can't really find the source.

you can't divine mirrored items

you can divine uniques

that doesn't even make sense, they're two different flags on the item

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well yeah, I never said it made sense. I wasn't the one who invented the theory/lore/story, I just answered your question.

When people bring these questions up in reddit apparently they speculate that the uniques were mirrored using a different mirror, people go wild with lore theories.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So should I have as many prophecies going at a time as I can, or save coins?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

hawowanlawow posted:

So should I have as many prophecies going at a time as I can, or save coins?

You wanna fill it up, then do whatever until you get more open slots then fill them up again. You're basically fishing for valuable prophecies to seal and sell.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

you can't divine mirrored items

you can divine uniques

that doesn't even make sense, they're two different flags on the item

It's a lore justification, you sperglord, not an explanation of how the game is coded.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Vulpes posted:

It's a lore justification, you sperglord, not an explanation of how the game is coded.

it doesn't even make sense as a lore justification dumbass

mirrored items can't be divined or colored
unique items can

i'm pretty sure thats just fanfic

Picer
Mar 25, 2004

Other peoples ignorance puts food on my table.
Any of the guilds got room?

Invite Picer if so.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
It was the original justification for why there are a billion copies of "unique" items. Can't remember if it was official or not. Just one of those scraps you pick up along the way that sticks.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

unique items can

your jank rear end poo poo some random white mob was holdin is nothing compared to the real mirror idiot

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/_SA_Oodles/characters

Seymour Dongs, What do I spend 3c on?

George
Nov 27, 2004

Fill your prophecies whenever you can, but the exception is that when you get part of a chain you should go and complete it before spending any more coins.

Not a big deal but it's noticeable.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

at 60? uhhh spend a few more hours doing maps and cap your resists.

you want every piece of armor/accessory to roll +life on it

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Kild posted:

your jank rear end poo poo some random white mob was holdin is nothing compared to the real mirror idiot

Are the mirrors that we use to mirror items mirrored mirrors mirrored by the original mirror in to a non-magical mirror? is that why they are lesser mirrors?

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Clearly you need a mirror of uber Kalandra to get the real mirror experience.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cameria's Maul is something like an alc and has double the dps of your axe. Otherwise look for some rings with 90+ total elemental resist and a little bit of life, they're usually a chaos or less. Sell your excess currency and you probably have more than just 1c, tho.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Holyshoot posted:

what did you end up doing because they spiked by 25 chaos a bit after this post.

still have them (can we hit 80?)

after posting that i decided i would probably just grind the chaos, then hit a horror and delirium on one remnant so it was pretty easy

also i socketed the belly in about 20 jewelers, 5 linked it with 1 fuse said "eh gently caress it lets go" in gchat and then 6 linked it in like 10 and everyone told me to die and it was fun

George
Nov 27, 2004

Now vaal all your gear.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

unique items can

The lore reason is that all uniques are copies of the originals, made by using Kalandra's Mirror, before it was broken into shards which you find as Mirrors of Kalandra, which only retain a mere fraction of it's original power. Her original Mirror was capable of perfectly copying anything with no limitations. Some rear end in a top hat uses it to outfit an entire army, the copies of uniques we find ingame are the remnants of this.

dumbass

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

dis astranagant posted:

Cameria's Maul is something like an alc and has double the dps of your axe. Otherwise look for some rings with 90+ total elemental resist and a little bit of life, they're usually a chaos or less. Sell your excess currency and you probably have more than just 1c, tho.

After Cameria, upgrade to a Callinellus Malleus (the crabhammer). Also dirt cheap, I think I have one in my stash.

Don't use Innsbury Edge as an offhand stat stick, it offers nothing. I'd recommend a Tempestuous Steel (1 chaos) or a Princess (1 alch) if you need damage, or a Prismatic Eclipse (1 chaos) for attack speed.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

nightwisher posted:

The lore reason is that all uniques are copies of the originals, made by using Kalandra's Mirror, before it was broken into shards which you find as Mirrors of Kalandra, which only retain a mere fraction of it's original power. Her original Mirror was capable of perfectly copying anything with no limitations. Some rear end in a top hat uses it to outfit an entire army, the copies of uniques we find ingame are the remnants of this.

dumbass

[citation needed]

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

nightwisher posted:

dumbass
If there's no limitations why can't they be mirrored again

J
Jun 10, 2001

Someone suggest me a build that is tanky as gently caress and can run red maps unidentified. I don't care if it's expensive or not the fastest build in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeninVS
Nov 8, 2011

Created a scion so I had access to the jewel slots. Loaded up the unique belt with the dual sockets.
Oh man mirage archer is really fun when you have so many flat damage jewels.

Can I convert this scion into a endgame archer or should I just switch to the frostbolt build I was thinking