Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

is there no nights anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
That's why I'm here, y'know? I just really like making people smile. Or think. I have a lot of trouble with that lately, it's been really hard to get my work done. I seem to have no trouble saying all of this though! That's because you are all so easy to talk to. I think if someone interrupts me, I'll keep posting the rest at five minute intervals. Maybe it'll be better then. I hope no one suspects me of actually talking to you guys during the game. I did that a lot in my first game, it was rough. I didn't understand how easy it was to accidentally confirm someone. Really slurped the fun right out of it. Made Asiina laugh though.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

maybe pera is installed on a different os

## find /path -name 'pera*.*' -delete

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## find . -name 'pera*.*' -delete
my fault

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

oh snap I got it

we literally pm lowtax to delete pera's account

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

oh snap I got it

or bait her into discussing some really hosed-up poo poo and then hit report

btw I am ironically too tired to dig up more dirt on Tired but I think I already had enough anyway

##vote Tired

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:ghost:

oh snap I got it

:ghost:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
You guys keep voting when I need to sleep :(

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Why are all my frienda in this game scum... Im holding out on AA being town please

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I spent a lot of time thinking about, well, you know. The end of Act 1. You remember. At first I was thinking of doing this whole big deal thing. I think I was kinda manic at the time, because I didn't stop to think how you'd react to a graphic description of, well, you know. At first I thought it would be a fun parody - kinda like what I said in the OP - but I was going to go way, way, way too far with it. I do that sometimes - I just get caught up in the raw emotion of everything and just don't stop until there's nothing left to do BUT stop.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I reported pera to the mods just to be safe

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

If this backfires and I go to kitty jail then please avenge me

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'm going to try go through the post histories of people who I'm uncertain about. I've got the first one queued up. Just going to try to get m thoughts out.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
]I am an idiot and posted a big thing about Atomic soda in one of the old threads. Whoops.

Please read it.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
:toughguy:

Hmm... nothing left to do but... oh, well. I still have more to say! But I guess that'll enough. I hope you guys are having fun with this in the future! I guess I'll get back to trying to build... the other thing. I'll miss you you all so much but remember!!. Keep your heart open and you'll be able to find what you're looking for, no problem.

Time to be a loving hero.

2018!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

I have, I'll comment in detail from home.

Mostly I'm feeling a lot better about you just because of this.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
One of the people that I've flipped back an forth on is NGO. NGO was one of my scum reads on day 1. I think I reread in early in the 2nd thread at the request of AS, and leaned town. But here it is:

## vote kash

they said they're scum twice, and if it turns out they really are scum I will never forgive myself for not placing this vote.
AA made the point of this vote seeming not genuine. I can't say that I disagree.

from this list

Atomic Soda - usually averages 40 ppg
Chic - 36
DC - 55
icr - 19
jon joe - 94 !!!
li dawny - 63
pmush - 65
pththya-lyi -first game ever?
Tobbs - 115 !!!
TF - 69.7

With this in mind, Tobbs and Jon Joe are UNCHARACTERISTICALLY quiet. This raises suspicion. Confident at least one of them is scum if not both. Would vote for both. Let's start with ## vote Tobbs for the hell of it.
This is th next vote we see from NGO. I think the point overall is fine that some people are being quieter than normal, but this seems like a lot of effort and math to say that. Also I'm not sure how good of a method this is since sample size, and some people who make it longer in games have higher post counts.

## nominate 50

I'll put my vote back on kash bc they clearly want to die

## vote kash
This is for the day 2 vote.

## vote atomic soda
I don't really understand this. It's a response to AS voting for NGO. Maybe a joke back vote? I don't really know. But here it is.

but even so I hate a nolynch

## vote natural 20
Votes for Nat20 over Sal. Puts Nat 20 at 8 votes. Guess who are the other two people who vote for Nat20 RIGHT BEFORE? It's GHGD who puts Nat20 at 7 and Sal who puts Nat20 at 6. Prior to those votes Sal was at 6 total votes while Nat20 was at 5. These 3 quick votes was sort of turning the tide away from sal. This I think is pretty suspicious. Granted this assumes that Nat20 is not with the mafia, but I feel like the voting by Sal and GHGD here make me feel that way too.

yeah fine ## vote salthebard
This is after the claim by Nat20.

me too

##vote jon joe

we can make this happen
This is 6 minutes later when JJ might be becoming an option over Sal. One of the first to jump on.

then why did you ask who wanted to walk with you!!!

that's fine I don't fault you for using an ability but you should've said something

anyway, bullet dodged
This is just a weird exchange with Sal. I guess they were going to walk home together but didn't. I think it's worth noting.

I would post information about NGO's opinions about Cat and GHGD here but they do not exist. Not once. NGO gets on voting for Sal after the claim by genex, but like sure.

TL;DR I think we should vote out NGO.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

I'm pretty embarrassed and ashamed.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
As much as thought TM is scum, they did finally get a wincon, and posted about it without prompting, which is something that happened to me as well. I feel like the scum team has had one this whole time. I kinda feel like that gives TM a bit of a pass.

I would still vote NGO. I've wanted to this whole game

##vote NGO

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'll be back later to continue posting people's histories, but those where to two that I really didn't give much attention to earlier in the game, and feel like I should have.

One last thing. I'm not really convinced that Nat20 is town. However, I feel that it's likely that Nat20 isn't in the mafia group.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

whoah whoah, tunneling on NGO was like all AA did for a whole game day. It was a main part of my case on him. And NGO was also who AA tried to get dunked instead of himself. I really don't think it can be NGO. They seem to be the official easy target case for scum while other quiet people went unmentioned.

Meanwhile Tired was trying to save AA, and providing the walk-home alibi for GHGD.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bif is correct

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

A scum tunneling on his buddy all game isn't uncommon play. AA going hard on him doesn't clear NGO. Scum like to do that so when one flips the other can claim cleared

##unvote for now, I'm going to go look at votes

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Whilst I agree that it's a strategy, usually it's one that's more commonly reserved for earlier in the game. This deep it strongly draws attention to the NGO/AA link and is just genuinely pretty dangerous, because someone like you is rightfully going to point out that as a potential tactic.

I think therefore that NGO is likely town, but I'm not ignoring TF's analysis. I think if you suspect NGO as scum he comes in at a lower prio than Tired.

The main defense of Tired I see is this:

Dead Cow posted:

As much as thought TM is scum, they did finally get a wincon, and posted about it without prompting, which is something that happened to me as well. I feel like the scum team has had one this whole time. I kinda feel like that gives TM a bit of a pass.

I would still vote NGO. I've wanted to this whole game

##vote NGO

Which is based on volunteering a wincon. Whilst I think that's a fair comment to make, it's relies on the presumption that scum wincons existed before Game 3, which is something we don't know. Against Tired's behaviour over the past two days, I think it weighs low on the scale and that he's likely scum.

##vote Tired

To be clear, I'm not unpersuaded by the arguments that have been made, but my gut is saying I'm right and I feel my own argumentation in favour of going after Tired hasn't really been challenged.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I'm feeling all sorts of bamboozled now.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote tired moritz

I won't be around for deadline.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

One other thing that makes me think Tired is scum is he seemed so genuinely mad that he couldnt get me to be more paranoid about Nat instead of casing AA and GHGD.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

whoah whoah, tunneling on NGO was like all AA did for a whole game day. It was a main part of my case on him. And NGO was also who AA tried to get dunked instead of himself. I really don't think it can be NGO. They seem to be the official easy target case for scum while other quiet people went unmentioned.

Meanwhile Tired was trying to save AA, and providing the walk-home alibi for GHGD.

What is this responding to?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Token Female posted:

What is this responding to?

uhhh to DC voting for NGO

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

uhhh to DC voting for NGO

Ok. What do you think about my post about NGO? Particularly the voting history.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

My voting history being terrible is not a scum indicator

Also I still think we started with a scumless game

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I agree with the early stuff, NGO sounded weird with the awkward postcount stuff especially. And I think that early stuff is fair game - AA's insistence about this being a whole new game for the new thread feels like a last-ditch misdirection defense. The casing that's caught scum like him and Cat has been built off reading the threads as still one connected game.

But it didn't feel like a bus the way AA was tunneling on NGO. In fact I might’ve voted NGO earlier if not for the fact that scummy people all tunneling on them made me really nervous. I think that weird early content made NGO a nice easy target to cling to, and make fake cases about that would still sound nice and good and plausible.

Tired defending AA and GHGD, even while I called out one more scummy thing about AA after another, seems way more scummy in comparison. And his frustration feels like scum frustration, at me dropping those cases when he wasnt able to kill me, why do I have to be such a Nat20 kissass dammit!!! Why can't he get me to think Nat's Jafar again?!?!

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

I don't think it's TM, it doesn't feel right.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

My voting history being terrible is not a scum indicator

Also I still think we started with a scumless game

If voting history is not a scum indicator, then what would be?

Then why was JJ a SK?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with the early stuff, NGO sounded weird with the awkward postcount stuff especially. And I think that early stuff is fair game - AA's insistence about this being a whole new game for the new thread feels like a last-ditch misdirection defense. The casing that's caught scum like him and Cat has been built off reading the threads as still one connected game.

But it didn't feel like a bus the way AA was tunneling on NGO. In fact I might’ve voted NGO earlier if not for the fact that scummy people all tunneling on them made me really nervous. I think that weird early content made NGO a nice easy target to cling to, and make fake cases about that would still sound nice and good and plausible.

Tired defending AA and GHGD, even while I called out one more scummy thing about AA after another, seems way more scummy in comparison. And his frustration feels like scum frustration, at me dropping those cases when he wasnt able to kill me, why do I have to be such a Nat20 kissass dammit!!! Why can't he get me to think Nat's Jafar again?!?!

Can you link me the post about Tired defending AA and GHGD again please?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

you got it

Tired Moritz posted:

I think AA is town

Tired Moritz posted:

i wish i get this reference.

i believe aa is town because of this post

as im town and i got the same result, its just kinda towny to mention this

(this next post is a more indirect defense, but trying to push for NGO instead of AA when I had the heat on him:)

Tired Moritz posted:

I rather just kill NGO tbh. I kinda hate this whole N20/bif kiss rear end bs that's happening again

(next Tired continued on the Nat tangent to complain about me not going for him instead, along with complaints about my leadership style to try and discredit me...)

Tired Moritz posted:

Nominating bif again, lol.

Yeah, I want a repeat of Shine.

Tired Moritz posted:

Not that I have anything against Bif who is admittedly a better player than me. But just no.

Tired Moritz posted:

Just because you're town doesnt mean you have good reads or sound control of power.

(spoiler: my reads were not good, they were spectacular. Oh and I forgot this next bit, AA acted like he thought he caught Tired in a scumslip, probably just for distancing on his way out cause then he totally dropped it and called me dense for suggesting he should act on it, and wouldn't vote for Tired!)

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Sorry, although I agree with this implicitly when it comes to players like Bif, I think you slipped up TM.

How do you know her alignment?

Tired Moritz posted:

I think she's town.

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh! Do you now believe I am town, and Tired is a scum who slipped about knowing this?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Omg.... You are the densest person

anyway, moving on to GHGD, Tired had been holding hands with GHGD and when I asked him about voting for GHGD he said this:

Tired Moritz posted:

sentimentally, I want to believe that they are town but they are kinda on the fence for me. kinda a wishy washy answer but they havent done anything that pings me like N20's super convenient role claim, deadcow's prod on you or NGO's afking.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
That's a reasonable case. I'm just going to go over AA and TNL's post history before I do anything else though.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im town but yeah my record is kinda lovely in this game. we just had two scum flip so i think its fine if we got one mislynch.

im not gonna say anything, its probably easier if you guys reread after my flip.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Tired Moritz posted:

im town but yeah my record is kinda lovely in this game. we just had two scum flip so i think its fine if we got one mislynch.

im not gonna say anything, its probably easier if you guys reread after my flip.

What do you think about AS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tired Moritz posted:

i wish i get this reference.

i believe aa is town because of this post

as im town and i got the same result, its just kinda towny to mention this

I GOT REKTED BY MOD ERROR :(