Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Taffer posted:

sending prostitutes to your political opponents to film and blackmail them is illegal even if they're not underage, hth

brb, telephoning a friend about an urgent update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

:pisstape:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

This is Friday right?

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

Koalas March posted:

Bodega Boys > Chapo Trap House

Every Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Ahh, I see it's Infrastructure week.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

well, i believe it less now than I did before I read this tweet

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

On one hand this is hilarious.

On the other....

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

What, uh, what was the actual quote here?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Don't link Claude Taylor or Louise Mensch, they're both full of poo poo.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
It's a shame that every social media site is either evil, inept, or both.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Z. Autobahn posted:

What, uh, what was the actual quote here?

"We have photos of Trump's dick"

probably? i mean not much else to paraphrase in a simple sentence

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The lawyer WAS just on MSNBC making some claims to Ari Melber.

I wasn't really listening though because the whole thing stinks of sleaze on all sides.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I hope zuckerberg is in deep poo poo because I hate that loving guy with his android face.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mozi posted:

Where I am there was a death three days ago because a bicyclist fell over right in front of a car. I guess that driver's driving instructor needs to turn in their driving instructor's license now?

probably not, if it was close enough then it's just a thing that happened that no reasonable human action could have altered

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Guys I know we all want to laugh at Trump's dick but that's no reason to start posting Claude tweets.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
It's Claude Taylor, false alert.

Enhance.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Farchanter posted:

It's a shame that every social media site is either evil, inept, or both.

I suspect this will be definitionally true, at least under capitalism.

maybe we should just have China take over Facebook, i'm sure this'll lead to better outcomes

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'm glad the figurative Bond villains are as dumb as the literal ones.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Junior G-man posted:

Instead of waiting to be spoonfed with easy-digested pap that may give you the mistaken idea that everything must be made simple, why don't you just sit down and read an adult newspaper and interact with the world like an engaged citizen?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/series/cambridge-analytica-files

Because it's tax season and I'm an accountant and also because gently caress you.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Stickman posted:

It's bizarre to me that they've literally stuffed ballots. Doesn't Putin pretty much have the whole vertical administration in his pocket? They could just add ballots after the fact.

My theory is that some higher up was told there would be issues if his region didn't hit turnout goals and that filtered down to the poll workers who decided to improvise in the worst way after it became clear they weren't going to get anywhere close to the goals.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Hellblazer187 posted:

Because it's tax season and I'm an accountant and also because gently caress you.

Would you like mommy to cut your spaghetti for dinner too?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Didn’t the press have photos of bushes penis because his college had a catalog of them, or did I dream that very fake sounding claim

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Junior G-man posted:

I would legitimately love that, I'd get to see my mom again. What's your problem though dude? Some of us are busy and want trusted sources to explain things to us. Why does that hurt you so much? And why you making GBS threads on Vox? They've got more journalistic integrity than the Guardian.

Hellblazer187 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 20, 2018

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.

Shibawanko posted:

I hope zuckerberg is in deep poo poo because I hate that loving guy with his android face.

At his level of wealth, he will face absolutely no meaningful penalty for this. He will live a life of unimaginable luxury after enduring a little public scorn, which itself will be largely mitigated by his handlers.

Get pissed and bug your congressional reps about the immunity the rich have.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Junior G-man posted:

She would if she could

my mom would do anything for her special lil guy

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

At his level of wealth, he will face absolutely no meaningful penalty for this. He will live a life of unimaginable luxury after enduring a little public scorn, which itself will be largely mitigated by his handlers.

Get pissed and bug your congressional reps about the immunity the rich have.

immunity for what specifically, here?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Didn’t the press have photos of bushes penis because his college had a catalog of them, or did I dream that very fake sounding claim

https://www.nytimes.com/1995/01/15/magazine/the-great-ivy-league-nude-posture-photo-scandal.html?pagewanted=all

Z. Autobahn
Jul 20, 2004

colonel tigh more like colonel high

enraged_camel posted:

"We have photos of Trump's dick"

probably? i mean not much else to paraphrase in a simple sentence

It's Claude Taylor, so I suspect the actual quote was something like "There may or may not be compromising photographs"

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mozi posted:

Where I am there was a death three days ago because a bicyclist fell over right in front of a car. I guess that driver's driving instructor needs to turn in their driving instructor's license now?

It sounds like they were driving too close to the vehicle (cyclist) in front of them, so yes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Good God.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

This article just says "George Bush," but I always thought it was Bush Sr. I'm assuming, from the ages of the other people listed, that it's actually W? I could have sworn it was Sr. I remember learning about it in college.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Rookersh posted:

Fun fact, Russian bots are starting the push of "these gifs were taken in competitive districts in the US during the 2016 election/Alabama/Pennsylvania.".

In case you were wondering why it's so blatant. Get that video feed for the US primaries.

That's particularly magical considering how quintessentially russian literally everyone in that video is. Even the decor. Like that guy wobbling across the frame is 100% an Alabama resident I'm sure

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

They impeached Clinton for lying about a blowjob...

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Hellblazer187 posted:

I would legitimately love that, I'd get to see my mom again. What's your problem though dude? Some of us are busy and want trusted sources to explain things to us. Why does that hurt you so much? And why you making GBS threads on Vox? They've got more journalistic integrity than the Guardian.
Junior G-Man is being a poo poo here, but the Guardian is a news source with credibility roughly on par with WaPo or NYT and fairly regularly breaks major stories (the Paradise Papers spring to mind). Vox certainly isn't bad, but they don't do any investigative journalism at all as far as I know.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

nine-gear crow posted:

Trump didn’t lie!!!! He didn’t lie because he was contractually obligated not to discuss it. Why do you hate America and honest Americans following the law?!?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Herstory Begins Now posted:

That's particularly magical considering how quintessentially russian literally everyone in that video is. Even the decor. Like that guy wobbling across the frame is 100% an Alabama resident I'm sure

Unclear: Picture to low rez to see if they are wearing track suits under their coats.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, what's your point?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Aubrey O Day has a song called DJT

lyrics

quote:

You can say it was all a loving fairytale or you can say it was real, but I need to know and you know.
Whatever the truth is defines the reality of you and I forever, and I need to be able to define that before I can walk away.
I thought it was forever at the time but maybe I was lying to myself
Is that what you want? You want to believe that everything with me was a lie? 
A fantasy? And you want to go back and live in the life that you had have forever?
I don't know. I couldn't do what I said I would do so that answered the question for me. 
I'll always want you and always wonder about it but it doesn't matter because I have to stay here.
What made you stop believing in our world?
I don't know, I think probably the loss of the other world. 
I'm torn between two worlds both of which I wanted.

I hate me for loving you, hate you for letting our love die
I hate me for, I hate me for, hate you for letting our love die

Tell me you love me, I need you to do that.
No, you don't.
Yeah I do, I need to know it before I walk away.
No that's exactly what's stopping you from walking away.
No it wouldn't, that's exactly what would help me walk away.
You know everything anyway you're the only one who ever knew my heart.
I have to move on, I need your help. 
I can't believe that this was all a lie; 
you have to tell me you love me.
I don't, cause you're a loving pain in my rear end.
Tell me you love me and I won't talk to you anymore, I'll leave you alone.
Look it doesn't matter, it can't matter, the truth will only kill us both.
You have to say it once to yourself and to me and then I'll go.
I love you. Talk to you later.

But later never came...

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

GreyjoyBastard posted:

the first will be Tulsi Gabbard when Bernie resigns for health reasons in 2022, because I made a monkey's paw wish

tulsi gabbard is literally in a weird sex cult. she's got zero chance of being president

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/975855964174848005?s=19

• Locked thread