Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://giant.gfycat.com/BabyishLargeAmbushbug.webm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
if you see it's a rope swing gif, someone's about to get hosed up :hellyeah:

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

china bot posted:

if you see it's a rope swing gif, someone's about to get hosed up :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY_VPOG9yUY

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

I would pay ten human dollars for a plugin that blocks the music at the end of LOL FAIL videos

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

https://i.imgur.com/FSC8WY8.mp4

Puppenfreude :3:

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Workout week related

https://i.imgur.com/FMqk6ER.png

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

My dog does the same thing with statues :3:

Edit: NVM not quite just saw the pooch tryna play fetch, but my dog still freaks out around them and tries to engage them.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I'm not surprised to see collies doing that! They're very playful dogs. There's one I meet occasionally while walking my sister's dog for her who's reaction to his first time ever meeting me was to run up, drop his ball in front of me and back off while looking at me expectantly.

So I threw that ball for him.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

TRUM

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Slime posted:

I'm not surprised to see collies doing that! They're very playful dogs. There's one I meet occasionally while walking my sister's dog for her who's reaction to his first time ever meeting me was to run up, drop his ball in front of me and back off while looking at me expectantly.

So I threw that ball for him.

So you took the ball, which the dog was clearly quite fond of, and just threw it? How would you feel if someone did that to one of your treasured objects? I've never heard anything so heartless.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Ariong posted:

So you took the ball, which the dog was clearly quite fond of, and just threw it? How would you feel if someone did that to one of your treasured objects? I've never heard anything so heartless.

lol

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

That's the best version of this meme that I've seen so far.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://i.imgur.com/7AuOsrB.mp4

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Potential incoming schadenfreude: WTFOSTA is offering a $25,000 bounty to the first 10 sex workers who provide proof that a politician who voted Yes on FOSTA engaged their services.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Crossposting from the OSHA thread.

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p0vaatzkJ31ulmr2u.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/theScore/status/927593926772580352
The team he got traded to didn't make the playoffs

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Dog sneaks up on statue of wolf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GEsFHyIFeE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/TS4UiUI.mp4

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

In wrestling schadenfreude, Alberto El Patron no showed again so TNA fired him

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Baseball schad? Ohtani had a great first week (won his first pitched game, home run 3 batting games in a row) despite getting rinsed and called a bust after spring training.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Jaded Burnout posted:

I would pay ten human dollars for a plugin that blocks the music at the end of LOL FAIL videos

Hi guys and welcome to my channel. Today we're going to be looking at something we've all been interested in for a long time for a number of reasons, and now I'm listing some of those reasons. This is going to be super exciting and I hope you'll agree so stay tuned and I'll explain precisely why I hold this opinionSUPER LOUD INTRO MUSIC SET TO BLENDER AFTER EFFECTS Hi guys and welcome back. As I said today we're going to be looking at something we've all been interested in for a long time for a number of reasons, and now I'm listing some of those those reasons again, plus one or two more less relevant reasons. So without further ado let's go into those reasonsSUPER LOUD BLENDER SEGMENT SPLASH THAT SAYS NUMBER ONE Ok number one: the first reason explained. But that's not all so stay tuned for number twoOH GOD NOT AGAIN Ok reason number two: I am now explaining reason number two and that's all the reasons if you liked this video please give a thumbsup, like, leave a comment down below, and please subscribe for more updates, and do click that notification bell and so you'll be sure to get notified of future videos. Also here's the link to my patreon which is also in the description down below where you can support making more of these videos in the future, and a huge shoutout to my patreons, I couldn't have made this without youTHUNDEROUS REPORT ROLL CREDITS EVERYTHING DONE BY ME WHICH I CALL THE ME CREW PLUS MY PATREONS [list of 12 videos exactly identical to this one]

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I appreciate this post.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Speaking of working out...

Is it safe to do a full body workout every other day? I only have limited days I can get to the gym, and latley instead of doing upperbody or lowerbody I just do full body strenth workouts.

I am trying to gain as much as I can without getting fat.

If I go every other day I will be at the gym 4-5 times a week, is that over training?

I'm not going to bother you about the 4-5 comment(every other day would be 3.5 times a week btw) but I'll answer your question. Over training depends on much more than just how often you work out, although that is a factor. It depends on relative intensity of the load to your one rep max and the total amount of volume(weight x reps x sets) and your ability to recover(good sleep, good diet helps). If you were being reasonable and not just going nuts I don't see why every other day wouldn't work, but there are a ton of 3 day a week full body programs out there for beginners you can choose from. Greyskull LP is a good one.

You could lift every single day full body and be fine if you were going light and limiting your volume, although that might not be the most efficient way to train. Depends on the muscle as well. Bigger muscles like your quads/hamstrings take longer to recover, but small ones like your deltoids can easily be hit several times a week.

E: To sum it up, there are 3 main factors that stress your body with lifting - Frequency which is how many times a week you hit a muscle, intensity which is how heavy you lift, and volume which is the total tonnage you wind up lifting, so generally if you increase one you have to decrease another. Fatigue is also a thing you can accumulate, so you might be able to handle something for a few weeks and then find yourself being run down.

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 10:08 on Apr 8, 2018

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The dude that dropped all that weight on his chest doing bench: there's a reason they call the grip he was using 'suicide grip'

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I'm not going to bother you about the 4-5 comment(every other day would be 3.5 times a week btw) but I'll answer your question. Over training depends on much more than just how often you work out, although that is a factor. It depends on relative intensity of the load to your one rep max and the total amount of volume(weight x reps x sets) and your ability to recover(good sleep, good diet helps). If you were being reasonable and not just going nuts I don't see why every other day wouldn't work, but there are a ton of 3 day a week full body programs out there for beginners you can choose from. Greyskull LP is a good one.

You could lift every single day full body and be fine if you were going light and limiting your volume, although that might not be the most efficient way to train. Depends on the muscle as well. Bigger muscles like your quads/hamstrings take longer to recover, but small ones like your deltoids can easily be hit several times a week.

E: To sum it up, there are 3 main factors that stress your body with lifting - Frequency which is how many times a week you hit a muscle, intensity which is how heavy you lift, and volume which is the total tonnage you wind up lifting, so generally if you increase one you have to decrease another. Fatigue is also a thing you can accumulate, so you might be able to handle something for a few weeks and then find yourself being run down.

Okay, are you referencing something else, or are you not getting the joke? The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread, and I'm not sure if it's you or me.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The dude that dropped all that weight on his chest doing bench: there's a reason they call the grip he was using 'suicide grip'

I can think of more pleasant ways to painfully kill yourself, such as recreating the dumbest internet flamewars.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

JackMann posted:

Okay, are you referencing something else, or are you not getting the joke? The schadenfreude is coming from inside the thread, and I'm not sure if it's you or me.

its probably just me, either from skimming through and taking it as a sincere question, or just flat out being retarded. probably the last one. e: Wait, was that the post where the bodybuilding.com people argued over how many days there are in a week? I was wondering why someone was asking that question in the schaden thread but didn't really think much of it since the topic was already on that sort of thing.

e: Also I don't think the guy who dropped the bar was using a suicide grip. I could have swore his thumbs were around the bar normally.

Drunk Driver Dad has a new favorite as of 11:11 on Apr 8, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Karate Bastard posted:

Hi guys and welcome to my channel. Today we're going to be looking at something we've all been interested in for a long time for a number of reasons, and now I'm listing some of those reasons. This is going to be super exciting and I hope you'll agree so stay tuned and I'll explain precisely why I hold this opinionSUPER LOUD INTRO MUSIC SET TO BLENDER AFTER EFFECTS Hi guys and welcome back. As I said today we're going to be looking at something we've all been interested in for a long time for a number of reasons, and now I'm listing some of those those reasons again, plus one or two more less relevant reasons. So without further ado let's go into those reasonsSUPER LOUD BLENDER SEGMENT SPLASH THAT SAYS NUMBER ONE Ok number one: the first reason explained. But that's not all so stay tuned for number twoOH GOD NOT AGAIN Ok reason number two: I am now explaining reason number two and that's all the reasons if you liked this video please give a thumbsup, like, leave a comment down below, and please subscribe for more updates, and do click that notification bell and so you'll be sure to get notified of future videos. Also here's the link to my patreon which is also in the description down below where you can support making more of these videos in the future, and a huge shoutout to my patreons, I couldn't have made this without youTHUNDEROUS REPORT ROLL CREDITS EVERYTHING DONE BY ME WHICH I CALL THE ME CREW PLUS MY PATREONS [list of 12 videos exactly identical to this one]

That is disturbingly accurate and I found myself visualising the whole thing as I read it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I've been sick for a bit.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Smash that post button

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Verily, the pro-est of pro-clicks. :wotwot:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cruise ship fisticuffs is my new jam. Drunk elderly people feebly swatting each at each other until crew members separate them, it's great. :haw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrWX9AESJR0

There should be a bunch more in the 'related videos' at the end.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Karate Bastard posted:

This made me ill. I think some of it got in my mouth.

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

He wasn't using suicide grip, though?

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Can you do this again but for TED talks

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
O god no

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

toiletbrush posted:

Can you do this again but for TED talks

Here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZBKX-6Gz6A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah that one was on point.

For comparison here's my best shot:

Contrarian Title: A Case Against.

I am very smart, and I'm sure so are you. I have been working with opposite my whole life and isn't it all a big waste? Why are these recognizable people putting money into opposite, taking into account this list of issues that persons of middling intellects might consider more important than opposite, for the survival of the species and the planet. Now I am describing point for point why opposite actually helps solving all those other issues, as I'm sure you were already aware, and thus in effect is more important than any of those other issues taken individually, as I'm sure you all already agree. So, I have now disproved the title of my talk, and shown that opposite is actually good, like we all agreed all along and which I'm sure you all knew was my intention to demonstrate all along, there is no insight to be gained here, I am very smart, thank you for my ten minutes.