Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGrAnBM30-U

Billy Mitchell, who was a previous donkey kong arcade record holder and has been proven to be a fraud, attempting spin

maximum cringe

I posted several about Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers a few months ago, when Apollo Legend was systematically tearing down Todd's records. I love this type of schadenfreude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

I posted several about Billy Mitchell and Todd Rogers a few months ago, when Apollo Legend was systematically tearing down Todd's records. I love this type of schadenfreude.

Its been a slow burn but he's been completely definitively outed as a fraud and watching him try to defend himself and hold onto his delusional celebrity is pretty wild.

"I'm like an F1 driver, I just drive the thing. Somebody else works on the car." (talking about how he knows nothing of how arcade machines work)

Yeah, you're definitely just like an F1 driver buddy. Yep.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Holy poo poo do i hope that when i die my claim to fame wont be a video game hi-score. jfc

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

StarMinstrel posted:

Holy poo poo do i hope that when i die my claim to fame wont be a video game hi-score. jfc

a fake video game high score :lol:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GrandpaPants posted:

This minister supported Trump. Now he's facing deportation under this administration's immigration crackdown

I didn't think the leopards would deport my face!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

GrandpaPants posted:

I can't actually read this article because lol GDPR, so I hope the schadenfreude is as delicious as the headline makes it out to be: https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-minister-trump-20180706-story.html

It's from 2017 but god drat it's still delicious.

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

StarMinstrel posted:

What, you don't want to be up there with that guy who still thinks he's hot poo poo because he once got a glitched (or more likely fake) score in a 40 year old Atari drag racing game that nobody gave a poo poo about?

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
I hate outing myself as a cog in the machine, but I work in corrections (albeit in IT). Solitary confinement rules apply to everyone in the area, regardless of the actual reasons for their confinement.

We frequently hear stories about children being moved to adult prisons due to overcrowding or during periods of repairs (usually caused by riots) and having to be put into solitary as they can't be housed elsewhere - same with 'high profile' prisoners (celebrities or media attention around their cases or crimes such as child murderers). Mentally ill inmates being housed in solitary while they are awaiting transfer to a mental health facility that hasn't got beds, or awaiting release into a community support centre specifically for the mentally ill or disabled at the end of their sentence when there's no spaces. This can occur for weeks or even months on end, regardless of the actual crimes they committed outside or infractions within the prison.

23 hour lockup, 1 hour exercise, SFA human contact, proven impacts upon the mental health and stability of those put in solitary. It really is a hosed punishment and it's very much in the news around the world about the hugely negative impacts it has long after release. It's not fun, and it's probably not over-hyped to say that he's suffering.

Whether that is an appropriate punishment for any crimes he's committed isn't up to me to say, as I don't quite understand what he's on the block for.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

crowtribe posted:

Whether that is an appropriate punishment for any crimes he's committed isn't up to me to say, as I don't quite understand what he's on the block for.

Initial indictment: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts, being an unregistered agent of foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, and false statements.

Charges added last month: witness tampering and obstruction of justice, which are what got his bail revoked.

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer

Bobby Digital posted:

Initial indictment: conspiracy against the United States, conspiracy to launder money, failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts, being an unregistered agent of foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, and false statements.

Charges added last month: witness tampering and obstruction of justice, which are what got his bail revoked.

Right, well. Those are some top quality white-collar crimes, so gently caress him. Do y'all still have the chair? Is conspiracy anything like treason and he gets a firing squad?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trump will pardon him before he leaves office.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGrAnBM30-U

Billy Mitchell, who was a previous donkey kong arcade record holder and has been proven to be a fraud, attempting spin

maximum cringe

Why wouldn't you let him have his stupid score, who gives a poo poo how he got it.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

crowtribe posted:

Right, well. Those are some top quality white-collar crimes, so gently caress him. Do y'all still have the chair? Is conspiracy anything like treason and he gets a firing squad?

It’s hard to feel sympathy for him considering that he was on house arrest, and still would be if he wasn’t actively trying to get into contact with witnesses. None of this would be happening to him if he weren’t a moron with zero respect for the law.

steinrokkan posted:

Why wouldn't you let him have his stupid score, who gives a poo poo how he got it.

Because he didn’t get it.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Gymkata remains undefeated

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Brand new Aussie Dash Cams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUoEWB0GgAw

As the first video reminds us - if you're going too fast to stop, then you're going too fast.

strong start with this one

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

:stare:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Who wants some good schad?

https://twitter.com/fairlyaIright/status/1014603417946345473

You can see the moment where their soul gets ripped out

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Normally at-will employment is rather poo poo, but I guess you have to look for the silver linings.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Young Orc

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Brand new Aussie Dash Cams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUoEWB0GgAw

As the first video reminds us - if you're going too fast to stop, then you're going too fast.

The one at 6:26 is straight out of GTA and ends like most of my games

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

iospace posted:

Who wants some good schad?

https://twitter.com/fairlyaIright/status/1014603417946345473

You can see the moment where their soul gets ripped out

Idgi. Some internet nerdlinger falling in love with a cartoon dog?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

dog nougat posted:

Ed...ward...

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

dog nougat posted:

There are two kinds of people in this world: those who know what's coming up and those who've never watched/read Fullmetal Alchemist.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

dog nougat posted:

Spoiler: Shortly after that point, the girl and the dog are merged into one by her mad scientist father to secure government funding, and he subsequently euthanizes them.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

dog nougat posted:

The girl's father uses magic to transform her and the dog into some grotesque chimera creature in an attempt to prove a point. I think. I've only heard it explained to me. The girl-dog hybrid is later euthanized because every second living is torturous agony.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Dude's on the payroll because he made a chimera once. He's gonna get fired if he doesn't do it again.

Turns out you gotta use people for those, his wife went into the first and his daughter and her pet dog went into the second.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Teddybear posted:

Spoiler: Shortly after that point, the girl and the dog are merged into one by her mad scientist father to secure government funding, and he subsequently euthanizes them.

value-brand cereal posted:

The girl's father uses magic to transform her and the dog into some grotesque chimera creature in an attempt to prove a point. I think. I've only heard it explained to me. The girl-dog hybrid is later euthanized because every second living is torturous agony.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Burn all anime and salt the earth so that no more may grow

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can someone edit that dog into a picture of the holocaust like that one My Little Pony thing? I'm phone posting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mzWNbmPMLA

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Hi guys its me just tweeting in real time about this anime BLEURF

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Nordick posted:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Nordick posted:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh yeah sure. When anime does it, its awful but when jeff goldblum does it, its a great horror movie.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jeff Goldblum can't act for poo poo. He's the most uncharismatic person to ever make it in Hollywood and it's all down to dudes being gay for him. Welp that's my completely objective anal isis of the situation hope you learned something and hope you ate some chocolate good bye.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

Its been a slow burn but he's been completely definitively outed as a fraud and watching him try to defend himself and hold onto his delusional celebrity is pretty wild.

"I'm like an F1 driver, I just drive the thing. Somebody else works on the car." (talking about how he knows nothing of how arcade machines work)

Yeah, you're definitely just like an F1 driver buddy. Yep.

Lol, that loving guy. He's sticking to his guns.

Sweevo posted:

What, you don't want to be up there with that guy who still thinks he's hot poo poo because he once got a glitched (or more likely fake) score in a 40 year old Atari drag racing game that nobody gave a poo poo about?

That's Todd Rogers, and it was 100% fake. Also, lots of people cared, and still care, about it.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

Jeff Goldblum can't act for poo poo. He's the most uncharismatic person to ever make it in Hollywood and it's all down to dudes being gay for him. Welp that's my completely objective anal isis of the situation hope you learned something and hope you ate some chocolate good bye.

Oh look, Helen Keller made a Something Awful account.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Jerry Cotton posted:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

silentsnack posted:

Yeah, water+alcohol mixtures burn with a relatively low-temperature flame, since their combustion doesn't produce all that much heat compared to the amount of heat that it takes to vaporize more fuel and keep the fire going. Enough that you can light your hands/booze/face on fire and not get horribly scarred, as long as you put out the fire before too long.

Compared to, say, lighter fluid which let's just say that was a very schaderrific lesson in why not to refill a lighter while drunk and also how not to get spilled ronsonol off your hands. At least not if you don't like first-degree burns.

I'd add a bit to this explanation. To do the trick, you first dip the dollar in water, then dip in rubbing alcohol. There ends up being a soaked-in-water dollar with a thin layer of high-proof alcohol. The alcohol burns easily and at a high temperature, but as you say the heat required to vaporize the water from the dollar is greater.

Also, my 2nd year teaching I taught a cute 1st year teacher this as a science safety demo. She tried it on her own with my equipment before showing the students, made the same initial mistake from the gif, but she was able to extinguish my beaker of alcohol instead of spreading it all over. We got married 4 years later :3:

She bought a replacement, which wasn't really necessary (we had plenty) but that means we got to keep the momento:

Thanks for reading, have a classic Perfect Prank:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://i.imgur.com/zv04jGa.mp4