Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Man that koan thread reminds me of one of my SA history white whales.

A lob time ago, maybe even before I registered, there was another thread for goon koans that I remember as being hilarious. I could be wrong and it was poo poo plus I can't remember the title (I think the topic came up a bit by accident) but it'd be real nostalgic to read it again

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Alterian posted:

We've had some students like that. One of our students use to argue with the wall in the hall and would get up during lab time and do ninja moves. I still remember one thing I heard them mutter under their breath one time as I was walking around the room. "The reason the coyote can't speak is because he hasn't caught the roadrunner."

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The student solemnly approached the master in the garden.

"I see the four-fold path everywhere now, Master", the student spoke sadly. "In the trees, in the rocks, in the scrolls of wisdom. It brings me grief to gaze upon the world and see the same lesson dwelling within all things."

The master nodded sagely, placing a sympathetic hand upon the student's shoulder and replying "I understand your pain. It is often harder on the student than the master".

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Can someone link the koan thread? I tried looking for a link in this one but didn’t manage to spot one

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Xibanya posted:

Can someone link the koan thread? I tried looking for a link in this one but didn’t manage to spot one

Quotes are links.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Xibanya posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872251

but yeah also this

DontMockMySmock posted:

Quotes are links.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

DontMockMySmock posted:

Quotes are links.

Xibanya posted:

Ouch.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
They don’t work for me in the awful app 🤷‍♀️ but appreciated

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Xibanya posted:

Which Awful app?

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.

CannonFodder posted:

I like this one:

Holy poo poo, this might be my favorite kōan yet

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Xibanya posted:

It is was also stickied to the top of GBS.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

The gently caress is a koan

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Cacafuego posted:

You put ice cream in them.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Outrail posted:

Could you make me one with everything?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Keru posted:

Sure Koan.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

"A paradoxical anecdote or riddle, used in Zen Buddhism to demonstrate the inadequacy of logical reasoning and to provoke enlightenment."

e: you uncultured oaf

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Cacafuego posted:

God forbid you copy paste a single word into google.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Blue Footed Booby posted:

God forbid you copy paste a single word into google.

I'm Amish so yes, God has forbid me to do that. :colbert:

Edit:

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 01:41 on Nov 2, 2018

Archives
Nov 23, 2008
Koan' gently caress your self

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Stop it. Koant you see how this is tearing us apart?

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer
stigma dick in your koan! LMAO GOTTEM

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Cacafuego posted:

Those orange things they put in places they don't want you to drive.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Your post says Amish but that image url disagrees. Strongly

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oy gevalt!

Edit:

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Cacafuego posted:

Outrail posted:

Keru posted:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:lol:

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

gently caress, that passed me by but is real good

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

NLJP posted:

gently caress, that passed me by but is real good

A Buddhist monk approached a hot dog stand.

"Make me one with everything", said the monk.

The hot dog seller gave him a hot dog with all the fixings, and the monk gave him a $10 bill.

As the seller turned to help the next customer, the monk asked "What about my change?"

The seller said to him, "Change must come from within."

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Cacafuego posted:

It's these little green pellets

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

darthbob88 posted:

MisterBibs approached a hot dog stand.

"Make me one with everything", he said.

"gently caress no!" said the seller, "you'll just choke on it again!"

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
Does anyone have the Noni post about making congee when you're sick?

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Noni posted:

I got really sick this past month and ended up eating a lot of crock-pot congee. I haven't seen a single word on congee in this thread, but the next time any of you are ill, I highly suggest it.

If someone needs a recipe, the basic one goes something like this:

Ingredients needed:
-Rice
-Salt
-Chicken or another broth. If you have duck broth, use that. Ducks are well known for their brothiness.

Optional ingredients, for when you aren't sick:
-Shredded meat, be it duck, pork, chicken, or "meat"
-Eggs
-Peanuts
-Ginger
-Shiitake mushrooms
-Green onions
-Sesame oil
-Oyster sauce
-Fish sauce
-Pepper sauce
-Soy sauce
-Picked vegetables
-Duck eggs or century eggs
-There are probably 100 other possible congee additions

Instructions:
1. Painfully wake up in your sweat-ridden bed and belch forth a solid three minutes of profanity against an impotent but vengeful god who hasn't yet been able to sack up enough juices to kill you. Your gravelly cries should be punctuated by deep, phlegmy coughs.
2. Now that you're sitting upright, it's time for the ritual clearing of holes in your head. Your idiot doctor wants a good post-sleep sputum sample. gently caress him and that "I'm not giving you antibiotics yet because I still think it's viral" crap. He might change his mind when you fill up this mayonnaise jar full of nickelodeonesque green slime and chuck it through his clinic window with a note wrapped around it: "Mostly from left lung. Right to follow."
3. Decide you should probably try to eat something.
4. Go to kitchen wearing blanket from bed. Shakily collapse on the stairs during the journey. Sit and think about how stupid stairs really are and how, now that you see them up close, you really need to vacuum them more. God drat this illness has made your IQ drop like a stone.
5. Dry heave.
6. Get to the kitchen and eat something random.
7. Wet heave.
8. As you sit on the floor in front of your toilet, ponder about eating a gentler food.
9. Look at yourself in bathroom mirror. Jesus christ. Just look at yourself. Is that thrush on your tongue? Dear god, what the hell is wrong with you. If you tossed some glitter on your face and called yourself Edward, you could easily be chest-deep in fat girl blowjobs right now.
10. In a feverish daydream where beautiful, scantily-clad women are ladling some kind of food to you, remember congee.
11. Fill a crock-pot with rice and broth (or, gently caress it, water) at a ratio of about 1:10. If you weren't sick, you'd probably add some shredded duck, pork, or chicken. Then maybe you'd add some ginger and shiitakes. You might add eggs towards the end of cooking. That's right. Eggs cooked into congee may be the only way that you'd be able to keep down any protein. Salt that poo poo. gently caress it, add MSG too. MSG never hurt a goddamn person.
12. Go back to your bedroom. Take a random smattering of the roulette-like series of medications that have been suggested, prescribed, or concocted for you over the past weeks.
13. Because light makes your head throb in and out like it's the final boss from Contra, relegate yourself to listening to a few hours of lovely, soft-voiced audiobooks on low volume.
14. When you hear the earth-shaking bass once again from your neighbor's car stereo, run outside with your pale, green skin and puke-covered robe and tell the knuckle-dragger that if he doesn't turn the stereo off, you're going to spit in his mouth, then rub vomit all over his car and poo poo diarrhea onto anything he might touch in order to ensure that he contracts this same illness. Surely, that's what you meant to say in your head, but what he and his buddies hear are the incoherent, hoarse, frog-like ramblings of a hacking madman.
15. Back inside, realize that you forgot to turn on the crock pot. Go back to step 9. Then have a serious, child-like fit. Collapse in the corner of the kitchen floor as a spent, husk of a man.
16. Reflect on your newfound, near-unemployment because you work in a building chock-full of cancer patients, which means no work until you're fully healthy.
17. Check your phone messages. Skip the messages from people who jokingly ask if you're still alive. Wonder what your doctor's nurse means when she says you should come back in at your earliest convenience.
18. Go lay in bed and contemplate if this is when you're meant to die. Drift off to yet another session of vivid, sweaty, nightmare-ridden sleep. Even in your nightmares you are somehow ill and broken. You don't even try to fight the the evil puppetmaster scientist as he puts your brain into the body of a dog and makes you watch as he sodomizes your vacant human carcass. Then you sit in a dog pound waiting to be euthanized, but all that anyone hears of you trying to speak are barks, and you don't even care to bark anymore. Even the old nightmare that you've had since you where 5 years old is ineffective. This is the one where you are shrunk to an inch of height and forgotten. Your tiny dream self just lays down and readies himself to die, not even attempting to attract the attention of the giant friends and family who tower above.
19. Awaken and go eat congee. Soy sauce is probably the only thing you'll be able to add and stomach.
20. Go back to bed with a belly full of lovely congee, which you're surprisingly not throwing up. Listen to more audiobooks, and then again drift off to sleep.
21. Wake up in the hospital. Be given a stern reprimand from doctors and nurses, as if you purposely brought this poo poo on yourself because you have a fetish for potassium drips and rear end-less gowns.
22. Hear, in so many guarded, doctorese words, that your physician hosed up. Oh well, at least now you practically have a six-pack from the coughing-based ab workout.
23. When you get to go home, make and eat lots more congee. Now that you have full-on ciprofloxacin-assisted thrush, it's pretty much the only thing that you can eat without pain.

Anyway, congee is pretty good poo poo.

(from here)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Noni serves as a terrible warning to all future admins: sometimes making the funny poster a mod is a really bad idea.

This is why now we only have extremely humorless mods and admins.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

FactsAreUseless posted:

Noni serves as a terrible warning to all future admins: sometimes making the funny poster a mod is a really bad idea.

Well, they should make you an admin then!!!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also I pooped in it or I will do so if you haven't noticed.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

I did a thing posted:

ivanka, blonde of hair
tiffany, blonde of hair
eric, blonde of hair
barron, blond of hair

don jr.....oh my gods :negative:

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

FactsAreUseless posted:

:hai:

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

I keep seeing koans about it, did a goon suck someone's dick for a chili dog or something? Did I miss that chapter of Doobie's Dog House?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mr Bibs kinda did a physical version of a portmanteau of this two things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Friend posted:

I keep seeing koans about it, did a goon suck someone's dick for a chili dog or something? Did I miss that chapter of Doobie's Dog House?

It's from that guy's lovely chili recipe thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3406045

After a bunch of criticism:

porizj posted:

I'm so sorry to have offended your delicate sensibilities. All I have to go on is about 10 years of people lining up to fellate me after trying my chili.

Lucky for you there's an entirely other chili thread dedicated to pretentiousness! Feel free to go there and exchange tips on bras.

Scientastic posted:

Anything to get the taste out of their mouth, I suppose.