Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That’s -1, I don’t know if I’ll be around much the rest of today. I’ll try to check in when I can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
##unvote

still got time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lmao forever

I'm the backup you dimwits

Not home atm but will be later

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
back up, huh?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

Lmao forever

I'm the backup you dimwits

Not home atm but will be later

i don't believe this for a second

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I think it's a bit unlikely to have a backup, a role that effectively does nothing except in certain circumstances, in a game with 13 people.

but I'm not very smart.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Welcome to Sandman Mafia, a fairly standard game of mafia for 12 players.

We will be doing a c/9 variation for this game. Expect 2-3 scum and 1-2 cops/docs. Otherwise, people will be Vanilla town, the greatest role in mafia after Bus Driver.

:thunk:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

annnd....read my posts?

I disagree with you about humalong at the very least.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tired Moritz posted:

why do people use the phrase hedging so much in this thread? Is it lingo that suddenly got a rush of popularity?

if so, can we start using FoS a lot more?

Let's define hedging (my interpretation): when a player expresses both suspicion and non suspicion upon a single other player

Finger of Suspicion means something else to me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I think it's a bit unlikely to have a backup, a role that effectively does nothing except in certain circumstances, in a game with 13 people.

but I'm not very smart.

Yeah this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All of beet's d2 "content"

hambeet posted:

Convictionless votes and jokes on day 1. :rolleyes:

hambeet posted:

My cushy easy job is busy at end of year.

hambeet posted:

Hey remember when toalpaz accused me of trying to set up a chain lynch on merk for day 2?

Good times.

hambeet posted:

both the second last and the last points are the ones that stands out the most to me.

hambeet posted:

I know you are but what am I.

hambeet posted:

Dammit dB

hambeet posted:

Talking about willfully dense how about that bad case on beet?

Phwoar

hambeet posted:

I'm down for voting ice solus today.

hambeet posted:

This completely unbiased opinion comes to you from, the last person on the list...

hambeet posted:

Attaboy!

hambeet posted:

Yeah I'm pretty hung over from my work Xmas party unfortunately

hambeet posted:

Yeah, it's a pet peeve of pod's, but it makes no sense for a scum pod to raise it or use it to drop off the vote.

hambeet posted:

I liked the part where solus alluded to having a town pr, but didn't get night killed.

hambeet posted:

I'll get round to them, but I was waiting for you to finish catching up first.

hambeet posted:

Oh you did? Really? Wow. This is awkward.

hambeet posted:

hmmm tm or ip freely.

hambeet posted:

I'm a bit light on posting this game, but real life's collided a bit more than usual.

hambeet posted:

Yeah this.

Town: "nah it's fine"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’m back. I see I missed a lot.

What a claim.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I wouldn’t put it past Max to actually put a backup in just for people that try to game the mod.

But also I don’t believe it. I’m fine with my vote.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Still better than you trying to push a vote on me like your scum buddy merk did the day before.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I wouldn’t put it past Max to actually put a backup in just for people that try to game the mod.

Me either.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Humalong posted:

Still better than you trying to push a vote on me like your scum buddy merk did the day before.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY

He's not my scum buddy, pal

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

deadline is in three hours

I'm sure scum are loving that they're on track to get me lynched with such stellar cases as "well he was almost lynched yesterday" and "he claimed a pr and lived"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Solus alluded to being useful with their role. I dont know how a backup satisfies that. Still max specifies variant so it isnt impossible, but it is a fortunate claim to make without implicating themselves.

Sorry I haven't been around, probably wont be around much.

I can kind of see a case for TM, in that they came in with some generally weird takes and play including suggesting that I might be 3p, low content overall and jokes as real content is being revealed. So I'll probably end up there.

Solus drew a lot of heat and seemed fairly genuine, but alludes tor. IP claims back up which is suspicious but like I said Max said it's a variant setup so it's possible

Plus I really didn't see the case on solus from d1.

##vote TM

Would also vote beet and maybe Kash.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I guess he also does specify the wording about what to expect role wise.

It's probably too far into setup spec and mod gaming to determine whether or not a backup role is likely...

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

I'll think about it some I guess. I'll be back closer to deadline. L

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

deadline is in three hours

I'm sure scum are loving that they're on track to get me lynched with such stellar cases as "well he was almost lynched yesterday" and "he claimed a pr and lived"

i feel like that mischaracterizes, at least, my reasons for placing my vote!

so far you're voting beet for not producing content and have a scumread on Humalong for slapfighting with merk. Those cases are weak at best and at least the case on Hum feels manufactured. If you're town (and honestly even if you're not), I'd like to see you provide some more reads and a lot more reasoning behind your takes, especially after the amount of content generated so far this game. There's gotta be more to say here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Can you read this post and tell me your opinions re: what I said?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

me: *provides reads*

Town:

Flying Leatherman posted:

I'd like to see you provide some more reads and a lot more reasoning behind your takes, especially after the amount of content generated so far this game. There's gotta be more to say here.

Beet: *provides nothing*

IcePhoenix posted:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Can you read this post and tell me your opinions re: what I said?

I think you're basing two players play on one flipped scrums interactions.

I'm not going to lie, Merks involvement is strange, but solus/ip in the context of their own posts dont appear scummy to me.

I'll vote IP to avoid no lunch. But think tm or beet are better.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

'backup'

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i don't see the relevance of comparing that game which described itself as 'role heavy' to this

quote:

We will be doing a c/9 variation for this game. Expect 2-3 scum and 1-2 cops/docs. Otherwise, people will be Vanilla town, the greatest role in mafia after Bus Driver.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

me: *provides reads*

Town:

Beet: *provides nothing*

Why dodge my question twice? You provided a read based on a day 1 slapfight which I still have trouble wrapping my head around as legit case and a read based on lack of content. There honestly is nobody else you have an opinion on?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Solus alluded to being useful with their role. I dont know how a backup satisfies that. Still max specifies variant so it isnt impossible, but it is a fortunate claim to make without implicating themselves.

Sorry I haven't been around, probably wont be around much.

I can kind of see a case for TM, in that they came in with some generally weird takes and play including suggesting that I might be 3p, low content overall and jokes as real content is being revealed. So I'll probably end up there.

Solus drew a lot of heat and seemed fairly genuine, but alludes tor. IP claims back up which is suspicious but like I said Max said it's a variant setup so it's possible

##vote TM

Would also vote beet and maybe Kash.

after all that build up of your cases, including the one on me, you're now voting tm?

at least my lack of content is consistent.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I guess he also does specify the wording about what to expect role wise.

It's probably too far into setup spec and mod gaming to determine whether or not a backup role is likely...

it's not likely.

pasting again because it's still on my clipboard

quote:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

Let's define hedging (my interpretation): when a player expresses both suspicion and non suspicion upon a single other player

Finger of Suspicion means something else to me.

yeah they mean two different things.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

hambeet posted:

yeah they mean two different things.

so what is TM even getting at then?

distraction games?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

distraction games?

nah i don;t think that's some elaborate play. it's not a good distraction anyway.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

distraction games?

I think they just think it’s weird everyone is talking about hedging so much and they want FoS to be the new hot lingo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

distraction games?

They aren't actually playing the game there. Its irrelevant, and partly why they're a good vote. Most of their play is like this.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can buy the TM case. I don't like using being a bad player as a crutch/excuse (which he has done several times). Other than that his posting is a bit empty (though still better than beet's).

Also not a fan of Kash being absent for the last roughly 35 hours. He was using the 2 minute hammer as a defense, which is fine, but then not continuing to post to take advantage of that kind of cred isn't good.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yeah Kash looks worse as time goes on. Guess they could still be sick, though?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

IcePhoenix (4): Kashuno, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Podima, Tired Moritz, Flying Leatherman, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz
hambeet (1): Anomalous Amalgam, IcePhoenix, Anomalous Amalgam
Tired Moritz (1): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, jimmydalad, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
jimmydalad (1): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno
Flying Leatherman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, hambeet, Tired Moritz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 15th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 hour, 5 minutes.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think they just think it’s weird everyone is talking about hedging so much and they want FoS to be the new hot lingo.

it probably is just this simple haha

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 2

IcePhoenix (4): Kashuno, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly, Kashuno, Podima, Tired Moritz, Flying Leatherman, Murmur Twin, Mr. Humalong, Tired Moritz

just quoting this for posterity as a reference for after you let scum get away with this lazy as gently caress lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

gonna ##vote TM since clearly nobody is interested in voting beet