Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I wonder if a, "locker room leader" like Roman would ever go to bat for his coworkers to Vince, especially in light of his best buddy leaving for probably the same reasons a lot of people are pissed about currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Tweak posted:

I wonder if a, "locker room leader" like Roman would ever go to bat for his coworkers to Vince, especially in light of his best buddy leaving for probably the same reasons a lot of people are pissed about currently

He's a Made Man and always has been. Why would he?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i like booker t’s story about dumping trash on the ground after punk went on some “locker room leader” rant

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Vaguido posted:

I just wanna say I'm proud of Darkstar for taking a break from wailing about japanese female wrestlers not getting the exact push he desires so that he can take shots at a black athlete for pointing out the massive number of issues WWE has as an employer because he overspent on a (shared) rental for a single kayfabe tweet and annoyed some older wrestlers. Sometimes you need to spread your posting gimmick to new areas, and I'm glad you're breaking out of your shell.

Race has nothing to do with my comments. I would be saying the same thing if it were Gulak, Hawkins, Ryder, or any other star as well.

Speaking of Lio, PWInsider posted an update on the story today:

quote:

WWE Raw star Lio Rush has become one of the most talked about personalities in the business with numerous reports in recent weeks about heat behind the scenes and issues within the company.

Rush, 24, responded to a number of those reports during an interview with Sean Ross Sapp of The Fightful.com website yesterday, an interview that led to WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry decrying Rush's claims on an edition of SiriusXM Radio's Busted Open Radio show that aired this morning.

In the interview with Sapp, Rush responded to our report that he had heat during the November 2018 European tour for not wanting to handle menial tasks assigned to junior members of the tour, including bringing water to veteran talents at the gorilla position following their matches and carrying coolers into hotels in advance of talents having a common, private area to congregate after shows, stating, "It’s not about race and it has never been, but public perception is important to me and when we have fans that travel all over the globe and watch us get off of buses and into hotels, the LOOK of a black kid carrying waters and bags for other wrestlers is just not a good look, especially when I’m trying to portray myself as a superstar as well,"

One WWE talent who was on that tour, however, contacted PWInsider.com this morning to point out that while Rush blew off the responsibilities, The Authors of Pain and Drake Maverick, who were also on their first European tours did not. The source questioned why those three talents, especially one already as well established as Maverick was in the industry, had zero issue with paying respect, but Rush did, wondering if it was because Rush had brought his wife with him on the tour. That same source noted that there would be no way a fan would know if Rush brought water backstage to a veteran wrestler and would have been seen carrying coolers alongside other WWE stars who were junior members of the tour.

Mark Henry also took exception to Rush's claims today on the air, commenting that when he started in the company in 1996, assisting Yokozuna was his responsibility and commented, "It's not a race issue. It's an ego issue. Who are you? Nobody is exempt from being respectful to the business and paying homage to the guys drawing money. We all have done it. Steve Austin did it. The Rock did it. You better than The Rock? Get the hell out of here!"

In his Fightful interview, Rush defended himself against allegations that he had brought his wife backstage without permission and claimed there were forces trying to get him fired, commenting, "Me and Finn [Balor] are cool ,and my wife has never been an issue. There is someone who works for WWE who has hated me since the day I’ve worked for ROH and now that they work for WWE they’re leaking false information to get me released. At a certain point, I have to defend myself so that’s what I decided to do. We’re all human, and we’re all grown rear end adults. The kind of sh** the flies backstage is ridiculous and I’m surprised more people aren’t speaking up."

Rush did not elaborate on who within WWE he felt was out to get him.

However, PWInsider.com can confirm there had been multiple complaints made about Rush bringing his wife backstage and allowing her to change clothes in the women's locker room dating back to the November 2018 European tour. There was also an incident where Rush brought a group backstage at a TV taping last year and when the group were stopped for not all having proper credentials, the group loudly began yelling at a female member of WWE's security team, which did not ingratiate Rush to certain members of the locker room.

During the November 2018 tour, PWInsider.com was told by several sources that another veteran talent (not Finn Balor) attempted to speak to Rush about his issues, only to be rebuffed and told by Rush that he, "works for Vince, not you." That veteran talent was later approached by WWE management as Rush had complained about him speaking to Rush, when he was not an executive in the company and therefore was "Rush's equal, not his boss." When word of that made the rounds, it led to Rush being removed from the locker room for a period of time after that tour and that point, his issues became less of a regular occurrence in the locker room. In recent weeks, that has changed.

The issues surrounding Rush are not new and have been discussed for many months. On this morning's edition of Busted Open, Mark Henry noted that he approached Rush (and it should be noted we are told Henry has been a huge supporter of Rush behind the scenes) and asked him about the stories Rush was having issues in the company.

Henry stated, "I pulled him aside the last time I saw him and told him 'I'm hearing stuff in the locker room. What's wrong?' He said nothing's wrong. It was a blatant lie to my face. I let him know that if he has a question, right now is the time to do that."

During the interview with Fightful, Rush also implied that he was not able to make a livable wage working for WWE, which signed him to a developmental deal in 2017, stating, "My issue isn’t with my on-screen role. My issue is the fact that I haven’t been on meet & greets with Bobby, haven’t been getting paid for merchandise for us that has my catchphrases on them. (I) have been sent to live shows and TVs and forced to pay for my own rental for 5 days as well as hotel while not making enough money to do so. Walking around broke in the biggest sports entertainment industry that there is while having two kids and a wife to support."

Rush's claims are interesting, especially since WWE sources have claimed today that Rush was offered a new, five-year contract that was said to be in the $300 thousand range, but turned it down, instead, according to multiple sources, asking for double that number.

Henry bristled at Rush’s claims, noting this morning, “If you can’t pay for a rental car, you can’t pay for a hotel with the money that you’re making every week then you need to change the way you’re spending. You can’t blame that on the office. If you spent everything before you got it, that’s your problem.”

As previously reported on PWInsider.com, there has been talk of sending Rush back to NXT with the idea of building him a new character and presenting him as something more than just a mouthpiece. We are told that Rush has, at on at least one occasion, instead suggested the company release him so he can “show them” what he could accomplish outside of WWE.

PWInsider.com has been told Rush has been pulled from the upcoming European tour, but that was a decision that was made a week ago. He was backstage at Raw the two past two weeks but not used. His current deal with WWE ends in 2020.

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/1...d-more.html?p=1

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DarkstarIV posted:

Race has nothing to do with my comments. I would be saying the same thing if it were Gulak, Hawkins, Ryder, or any other star as well.

Speaking of Lio, PWInsider posted an update on the story today:

https://www.pwinsider.com/article/1...d-more.html?p=1

Mark Henry's comments seem a lot different than the way you portrayed them.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Oh absolutely, maybe I'm just attributing more empathy to a person than necessary.

"My locker room is unhappy, and as the leader, I should do something to change this." Granted he could just as easily have that thought and follow it with, "I need to tell them to man up" or, "I'll bring in ice cream for everyone!"

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The Big Dog is not afraid of stepping on toes to do what's right!

VJeff posted:

Also Roman is advertised for the KSA show so that fortuitously timed leak about how he totally, definitely didn't wanna go to Crown Jewel is basically exactly what I thought it was when I saw it.
:yikes:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Sometimes people put principle over their own comfort and happiness.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

They can claim it's about respect and paying dues but as others have said, there's no guarantee you'll even be respected or utilized once you paid said dues. Ask Luke Harper, CM Punk, and Neville how they feel about doing favors and following the rules until it mindfucks you

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

weren't we just talking about an operation market garden match

WWE: Operation Barbarossa

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

No one at the WWE level should be the errand boy. Training on the indies, going to a wrestling school, setting up the ring in a bingo hall, that's paying your dues. If you're on WWE tv you've made it. You're way beyond paying your dues and this is dumb ego flexing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Sometimes people put principle over their own comfort and happiness.

Thankfully capitalism provides enough sticks to stop that commie thinking

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

"i did it so he should also have to!" is some dumb stooge poo poo. gently caress that locker room frat crap

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'd say carrots too but apparently WWE isn't even offering THAT anymore

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I like Mark but he's being a pretty big stooge right now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
This has the potential to be a huge trainwreck

https://www.fite.tv/watch/the-roast...7QSz8wJRsCbsg7I

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Oh my God this will be a loving dumpster fire. I can't wait.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've got a leaked script right here:

Some Wrestler: "Remember the time Ric sexually assaulted a woman?"
Everyone: *laughs*

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In the NHL, teams are booking entire hotel blocks for players, along with team-owned planes chartering everyone around. Under the last collective bargaining agreement, players are now able to have their own hotel room for every night on the road, no more roommates.

NFL, MLB, NBA also all do travel arrangements by each team.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

AsInHowe posted:

In the NHL, teams are booking entire hotel blocks for players, along with team-owned planes chartering everyone around. Under the last collective bargaining agreement, players are now able to have their own hotel room for every night on the road, no more roommates.

stupid strinking players unions, don't they make enough money I just want to watch the game

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, hold on a sec, was it 300 per year or 300 total? Because the latter comes out to fuckin' 60k a year.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

Wait, hold on a sec, was it 300 per year or 300 total? Because the latter comes out to fuckin' 60k a year.

If the Revivals offer is an indication, it was 300k per year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teams owning their own plane is rare now because the costs are often higher than just having a deal with a charter service for the season. I know AsInHowe means the Red Wings, so since the Illitch family also owns the Tigers they share the plane.

But whatever the case it's the team paying, of course.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Teams owning their own plane is rare now because the costs are often higher than just having a deal with a charter service for the season. I know AsInHowe means the Red Wings, so since the Illitch family also owns the Tigers they share the plane.

So the team pays for the flights? Wow such a huge difference to the final point of travel for the players

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

WWE of course recently purchased a new plane so the executives can travel in comfort.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've got a leaked script right here:

Some Wrestler: "Remember the time Ric sexually assaulted a woman?"

Some Wrestler: "Remember the time Ric was a racist?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

AsInHowe posted:

george costanza's job for the yankees was booking hotel and travel for the team

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/MikePWInsider/status/1124025459744956416

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NHL players even get a per diem for away games.

But of course, they have a union.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 2, 2019

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

So the team pays for the flights? Wow such a huge difference to the final point of travel for the players

And buses from the hotel to the arena!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

NBA player road per diem is $133 which is just about enough to rent a fancy rent car like Darkstar was screeching about.

but they don't have to!!!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Okay, thanks.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

george costanza's job for the yankees was booking hotel and travel for the team

Attention McMahon and front office morons....

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

fatherofmustard posted:

Some Wrestler: "Remember the time Ric was a racist?"

Teddy Long: "Ric Flair called me the N word to my face once and threatened my job."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

NBA player road per diem is $133 which is just about enough to rent a fancy rent car like Darkstar was screeching about.

but they don't have to!!!

NBA players also make enough so that even if they had to pay for meals and travel themselves, it'd be less of a hassle. The NBA minimum salary for a full year deal is 582,180 per year, a full 200K more than Lio is getting. And that's if you're a rookie who signs out of college without being drafted! Most 1st round picks get somewhere between 2-5 million /yr for their first deal. Plus, teams can't do that "you were injured for 6 months, so that's time you owe us" poo poo that WWE pulls.

Also, I'm fairly sure if say, New Orleans tried to take some of Anthony Davis's endorsement money like WWE did with Lio's catchphrased merch, Davis would sue their rear end off and win.

I should note that I'm pretty pleased about this, this isn't some "athletes are spoiled" nonsense. That kind of logic cost my grandpa a shot at making an MLB team. St.Louis invited him for a tryout, but he had to make his own way and couldn't afford a plane or train ticket. Nowadays I'm pretty sure if a team wants to take a look at you, they send you a ticket.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 21:08 on May 2, 2019

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Wrestlers still have to pay WWE back for their gear.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Wrestlers still have to pay WWE back for their gear.

Don't most workers have gear long before WWE? Or do you mean new stuff made while under contract?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Don't most workers have gear long before WWE? Or do you mean new stuff made while under contract?

If WWE makes your gear you must reimburse them.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

If WWE makes your gear you must reimburse them.

lol jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

no wonder randy orton only has three sets of trunks

on the other hand i wonder how much the MEGADEATH jacket will cost dolph