Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Erebus posted:

If you're wondering what Chris is up to these days, it's apparently hanging out with Bill Oakley and sticking Hot Pockets in an air fryer.

God, could Chris not take like one or two days away from air frying poo poo to give us some Achewood? Biweekly, monthly...something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
I feel bad for Onstad. When he makes more Achewood everyone complains that it’s not as good as old achewood. When he doesn’t make achewood everyone complains that he’s brewing craft soda and air frying hot pockets instead of making new achewood. His life is lose-lose

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
also this is me

ps click the depressing panel for the best sex scene in comics history

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

also this is me

ps click the depressing panel for the best sex scene in comics history

DRACULA AIN'T GOT MUCH MONEY THIS WEEK MWAH HA HA

I don't even need to click through

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Teodor is so mad about their sex

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

T is just envious of Roast Beef's thing for a woman in purple Easy Spirit pumps.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

boo_radley posted:

DRACULA AIN'T GOT MUCH MONEY THIS WEEK MWAH HA HA

Thinking of this never fails to make me laugh :allears:

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Erebus posted:

If you're wondering what Chris is up to these days, it's apparently hanging out with Bill Oakley and sticking Hot Pockets in an air fryer.

I love this, I love that they're friends, and I love that this is what they're doing. I love this.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Erebus posted:

I'm gonna need to invest in both an air fryer and a preemptive angioplasty

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Archyduchess posted:

I love this, I love that they're friends, and I love that this is what they're doing. I love this.

assuming the comics were an accurate representation of Chris's mental state over time, it's just cool to see him having fun and still doing alright, even if the actual content isn't super interesting to me

The soda syrup is really loving good though.

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

The 'nightmare scenario' on this one always makes me laugh.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Archyduchess posted:

Bill will be holding the Hot Pocket, but he’ll be passing it to Chris. Both totally smiling...

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

GigaPeon posted:

Bill will be holding the Hot Pocket, but he’ll be passing it to Chris. Both totally smiling...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

It breaks my heart that he is stoned.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I started laughing like this a few years ago and I'm pretty sure it's subconsciously because of this panel.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GigaPeon posted:

We'll get a picture where one of them is from America's Test Kitchen and the other one has been interrupted from a phone call where he was trading Russian teenagers for soda syrup.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Achewood is like any other friends I was super tight with in my 20’s: they were some great times, but you can’t just keep doing the same poo poo forever.

No one wanted Achewood to become The Simpsons. It’s ok to be done.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Bust Rodd posted:

No one wanted Achewood to become The Simpsons. It’s ok to be done.

word

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

see you guys in ten years when Achewood Shitposting begins

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

LordSaturn posted:

Noooooo, I said spaghetti's dad. That's what I call steak.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

LordSaturn posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deathlove posted:

You can do whatever you want in life.

Shitposts are a fake idea

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

LordSaturn posted:

it's already basically been a thing for years, it's terrible, don't go there

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Whose turn is it to bring up the cookbook?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
People who can legitimately complain about the cookbook is an exclusive club.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

LordSaturn posted:

isn't that pretty much all the social media groups have been since the beginning?

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

i think achewood sputtering on and off, onstad switching careers, and the lack of modernization of the achewood website into something readable on mobile (those loving red arrows!) can all be traced back to chris' shame over the cookbook

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lack of modernization? no idea what you're talking about.

now, to download a 640x480 wallpaper from the front page. while i'm there i might follow the handy link to the Quicktime website as well

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lack of modernization? no idea what you're talking about.

now, to download a 640x480 wallpaper from the front page. while i'm there i might follow the handy link to the Quicktime website as well

whoa he's got 1600x1200 backgrounds lol who could ever need an image that large for a screen? At least they're in gif format so they don't have any nasty jpg compression though.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

How do you tell a cokehead that he ain't famous? Seems impossible...

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Hey! Don't you do cocaine at me, you son of a bitch!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Dude, are you bangin' a website?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I didn't want any of those cookies anyway

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I get VERY nice on this stuff.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I always love how Philippe gets worried when he realizes the character he is writing suddenly only has one second to avoid getting kicked :3:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I love the story Phillippe wrote where the main character explains why he did something, and receives a reply of just "Okay." You can tell that Philippe gets that response a lot when explaining things.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Zereth posted:

I love the story Phillippe wrote where the main character explains why he did something, and receives a reply of just "Okay." You can tell that Philippe gets that response a lot when explaining things.

He craves the stuff!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Philippe is such a good boy

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Achewood is so good. Every time I binge through a few hundred strips I end up remembering several words it once taught me which I then forgot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

Hard Fucking Core

bony tony posted:

Philippe is such a good boy

He was the reason I fell in love with it. The "here comes a special boy!" strip especially.