Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
re: toals posts earlier don't agree i'm just asking questions but overall feel better about toal and mona rn

Pinterest Mom posted:

That wasn't a trick question really, there have been a few people jumping in and saying they don't get bad vibes from me without an obvious reasoning. I understand why jonathan fisk, who is my friend, did, but the others :shrug:

do you have anyone specific in mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Toalpaz posted:

that's it
enough of this
anti-town pestering of other people.

Its time to face the music Soda. ##vote soad

oh poo poo soag is playing?

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

sandnavyguy posted:

We still have a ways to go before night and Pmom May very well be town too, but if a network of people suddenly jumped to their defense with weak arguments that would at least be something for me to get a bead on. Everything else is too vague or barebones for a confident read, by me at least.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is this a hypothetical or are you saying it has happened

sandnavyguy posted:

Hypothetical, no one really did. I'm assuming it's a lost lure if I keep the fishing metaphor.

Pinterest Mom posted:

That wasn't a trick question really, there have been a few people jumping in and saying they don't get bad vibes from me without an obvious reasoning. I understand why jonathan fisk, who is my friend, did, but the others :shrug:

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, yes but your strongest proponents include two of the people that most seem town to me, hawke and somber, so since I'm using them (hopefully correctly) as an established baseline, the post response was a wash. I was more hoping for a couple lurkers to jump in and give a statement but eh, no dice.

I realize that it's extremely early in the game to be drawing connections between players and that I just said I was leaning slightly Town on SNG, but at first glance, this looked a lot like a veteran scum + newbie scum interaction to me.

Like, Pmom challenged SNG on something he was saying to give him a natural way to interact with her in-thread to keep things looking normal. But instead of following her lead in the dance he panicked and went the other way and stepped on her toes.

That said, on second read it doesn't look quite as bad as it did on first read. Maybe SNG's just being generally awkward. But there is a sense of "wait, why are you backing up? You were supposed to follow my lead" to Pin's second post.

Anyway, less sure of what I'm seeing now that I quote all the relevant posts together and look at them as a whole, but I guess it's still worth pointing out and putting the exchange here in its entirety without other posts in between, for future reference and/or to see what others think.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

chaoslord posted:

##unvote
##vote cheese sandwich

Previous case about empty scumhunting plus these two

These are consecutive posts in cheese sandwich's post history separated by about 5 hours of real time. The former, calling Hawke out for awkward distancing, is the closest thing to a scum read that cheese has made. Their very next post is saying they want to go with something Hawke is saying. There were only 11 posts made in the thread between those two so not like a giant amount of new content to take in. Hawke's only post was the one he quoted and cheese has made a big swing. It reads to me that cheese is faking their opinion about Hawke. Combined with the appearance of scumhunting from before, this is what I want to do.

good pickup

##unvote

##vote cheese scumwich

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

chaoslord posted:

##unvote
##vote cheese sandwich

Previous case about empty scumhunting plus these two

These are consecutive posts in cheese sandwich's post history separated by about 5 hours of real time. The former, calling Hawke out for awkward distancing, is the closest thing to a scum read that cheese has made. Their very next post is saying they want to go with something Hawke is saying. There were only 11 posts made in the thread between those two so not like a giant amount of new content to take in. Hawke's only post was the one he quoted and cheese has made a big swing. It reads to me that cheese is faking their opinion about Hawke. Combined with the appearance of scumhunting from before, this is what I want to do.

Not scum, just giving out feelings as I have them & forcing myself to post in a game that is moving slowly & awkwardly to keep myself engaged.

Thank you for noticing me though :)

chaoslord posted:

Cheese makes this post saying things are pinging him and that it feels awkward and artificial about a topic that spanned a decent number of posts. They never follow up on it. It's something that looks like scumhunting because it has the right words in it, but it's empty. A good post for scum to blend in with. I hate to bring this stuff back up, but Cheese, can you name names? Who was pinging you, what felt artificial?

What are you expecting as a followup? It was a really stupid flavour discussion that mostly ended. I wasn't that invested tbh, if I thought it went somewhere I probably would have posted more about it. I like to post candid thoughts partially so that I have notes later for myself

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

that's it
enough of this
anti-town pestering of other people.

Its time to face the music Soda. ##vote soad

Toalpaz posted:

Soda's casing is ultimately alignment neutral. She's been asking a lot of people a lot of questions and trying to kick things into high gear. That's it. Scum and town could do that. Scum could do that to appear town even.

I'm giving hard questions that need to be asked. Is Soda scum today? I don't know. But if I don't ask it I know no one else will.

What is going on here?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote sandnavyguy - over-explaining early game votes is scum.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

I took a note on cheese early in the game that he was pinging me. I looked back on him (not very carefully) around the time I cased Sandwolf and he didn't seem quite as bad on a gut level. That seeming turnaround on Hawke does look bad, though probably not as bad as chaoslord's making it out to be.

If I can't get Pmom, either Sand or cheese would be good lunches IMO.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Are y'all really voting on me for joke posting then disappearing and not playing mafia during a weekend?

I don't care if it's quarantine and the most I left my apartment was to be frightened by the unmasked bicycle riders in Central Park, that's still stupid

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Ixtlilton posted:

I was a mason with her when she was scum and she was very pleasant, I called her obviously town at one point. Good times.
Aww that is what happened in the Harry Potter game before the most recent one as well :sparkles:

I think AS feels really town for her comment on being glad to have rolled town. That sounds like the ~sincere truth~

I am catching up on clord's posting atm.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

do you have anyone specific in mind

i was thinking you

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

yuming posted:

Pmom's posting doesn't stand out to me. Tone reads similar to what I remember.

I like Mona's try-hard posting for town atm.

Still confused about Hawke claiming as much as possible role information, for no good reason. But again it still doesn't read scummy.

chaoslord, got any good reads so far :sparkles:

You're not posting much yuming. I hope you're not scum. :ohdear:

How do you feel about Spoonsy, who others are voting for and who matches your theory about Scum lying low, but whom you have not mentioned?

Or, for that matter, B-minus1, Gamerofthegame, Ixtlilton, Jon Fisk, Moatillata or Toalpaz, all of whom have done so little that I've still got nothing but blank space next to their names in my notes?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##unvote

I like chaoslord's posting now and I buy that he had a bad weekend. So did I.

I am so done with this virus, I hope it is not as bad as we thought as some evidence is starting to say.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

xopods posted:

You're not posting much yuming. I hope you're not scum. :ohdear:

How do you feel about Spoonsy, who others are voting for and who matches your theory about Scum lying low, but whom you have not mentioned?

Or, for that matter, B-minus1, Gamerofthegame, Ixtlilton, Jon Fisk, Moatillata or Toalpaz, all of whom have done so little that I've still got nothing but blank space next to their names in my notes?
toal is always an enigma but they read more town-like that usual to me. I hope toal is not scum so they don't revenge N1 kill me again :sun:

I am trying to find something that stands out to me I will let you know!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Somberbrero posted:

Hey token what's your deal though

I'm just a townie trying to run my small business.

Monathin posted:

I actually had this same thought earlier in that Token kinda stirred the pot earlier and then fell off by the wayside but when I looked back their last post does very much call out that they probably wouldn't be able to make many posts if at all today so I'm willing to put a pin in that (heh) for now.

Weekends are bad for me because my family want me to spend time with them, and unlike work they are aware when I'm not paying attention to them. I'm currently 'paying attention' to a seminar while writing this. It's able control drug release delivery with small bubbles that can be opened with ultrasound. I get it, let's get back to those posts!

Ixtlilton posted:

yuming always town even when she's not imo

i think yuming will be easy to read as town or scum. It's about feeling the passion in the posts. I currently feel slightly positive about Yuming, but I'm not committed to it.

Speaking about other cases that people are bringing up re: spoonsy. Like there's nothing there. He's certainly lurking and hasn't posted an opinion. Certainly votable, but not inspiring.

chaoslord posted:

##unvote
##vote cheese sandwich
[case on Cheese]

I like this case.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Spoonsy posted:

Are y'all really voting on me for joke posting then disappearing and not playing mafia during a weekend?

I don't care if it's quarantine and the most I left my apartment was to be frightened by the unmasked bicycle riders in Central Park, that's still stupid

I’m not voting you. You strike me as town

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oof, just took a nice sized piece of hail to the foot, that's gonna leave a bruise.

cheese sandwich posted:

Not scum, just giving out feelings as I have them & forcing myself to post in a game that is moving slowly & awkwardly to keep myself engaged.

Thank you for noticing me though :)

What are you expecting as a followup? It was a really stupid flavour discussion that mostly ended. I wasn't that invested tbh, if I thought it went somewhere I probably would have posted more about it. I like to post candid thoughts partially so that I have notes later for myself

What I'm expecting is: Who do you think is scum?

In the second thing you quoted, I was talking about this post of yours

cheese sandwich posted:

I’m finding these flavour arguments are kind of pinging me though, D1 has just started and people are fishing for flavour and soft claims already. It feels kind of awkward and artificial

You said things were pinging you, so you're seeing things that are scummy, but you didn't say who you were talking about. You were calling posts awkward and artificial, meaning you think they're scummy, but you didn't say which posts. It looks vaguely like scumhunting because you say you think someone did something scummy, but who and what?

From your post history, the closest thing you have to calling someone scum or that someone is doing scummy behavior is the post on Hawke:

cheese sandwich posted:

This looks like awkward distancing, do not like

Outside of that, you've talked about Hawke, agreeing with xopods saying the only read is that they're behaving weirdly, and you saying you mostly like Mona before following it up immediately in the next post and saying mona is a neutral read for you instead. As far as I can tell, those are the only opinions you have put on players.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

sandnavyguy posted:

Well, the main reason I basically copied sand wolfs post on you was because I agree with the spirit of it, just not with you as the subject.

In regard to my vote on PMom, I do think that testing the waters can be a red flag, as can choosing responding to a vote with a one word non-answer followed by an immediate redirect. I’m not adverse to redirection, but as I’ve already stated I’d like to get more discussion going in general so I can try to gauge everyone’s reactions to each other and thus far the main combatants of the non-joking conversations, you and Somberbrero, both seem to be town. No one seems to think Xopods is acting out of sorts so I’m assuming they’re on the level, so I decided to add weight to his PMom vote he placed right before mine to get fishing.

We still have a ways to go before night and Pmom May very well be town too, but if a network of people suddenly jumped to their defense with weak arguments that would at least be something for me to get a bead on. Everything else is too vague or barebones for a confident read, by me at least.

I don't like this post. I don't like how Sandnavyguy is under selling their vote on PMom and saying that PMom could very likely be town, and then saying that everything is too vague. Like hey I don't really believe my case and I don't feel like commenting on anything.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

merk posted:

##vote sandnavyguy - over-explaining early game votes is scum.

merk you forgot to do the thing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
U G H

##UNVOTE; ##VOTE SANDNAVYGUY

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not voting you. You strike me as town

Oh just wait until we get to the point where I start blathering about how D1 lynches aren't a great way to discern anything because we don't have any flips or night actions to go off of yet and a comment could be taken out of context!

(Because I do and no that does not mean I advocate no lynch)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh also, nice cat and dog, soda and hawke.

Re: Spoonsy, just seems like a lurker case, doesn't really jump out to me. Like, Soda, you're right, could be scum coasting, but a four day D1 over a weekend can have that lower participation, gosh knows I wasn't around most of the weekend myself. They've posted already today so we'll see what comes from that.

re: sandnavyguy, I can see what xopods and Token Female are saying, and I'll keep that in mind for later, but strikes me as first game awkwardness rather than scum play

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I agree on both those points. I think sand guy comes off as More New Than Scum!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jonathan Fisk posted:

hi, yeah, haven't read, will do so tomorrow

finals, papers, paranoid about not passing even with relaxed standards etc.
Hello, JFisk who is scum!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

I feel like I've seem someone with that avatar and a different name post like 7-10 years ago. It's possible that multiple people have the same avatar, but I am not thinking that sand is new.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
It looks like it is their first votefinder game. I don't like to kill new players for being awkward D1.

Hmmm, looking back at the low-content players xopods asked about (and who I called out earlier) I think JFisk is the worst.

The reason being, they promised to content and then went on to post Maury pics. But I'm struggling to find something I think is worse than neutral.

I think I will come back later and reassess.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Atomic Soda posted:

gamers only real post on game so far. it reads

oh no hard to read
non comment
non comment
its a blur w flavour and hawke
lets not worry about lurking for now

seems bad would vote

my power is to be a light poster for day 1 and 2, usually getting lynched as an easy vote and then rolling out day three and on

also being tired and quarantine e-friends tugging me into tabletop simulator games, there's a lot of red dragon inn going about. bit of blood rage, too. smallworld sucks, do not bother.

+1ing the case on cheese, I can see it. as much as anything on d1 obv.

chaoslord posted:

Oh also, nice cat and dog, soda and hawke.

Re: Spoonsy, just seems like a lurker case, doesn't really jump out to me. Like, Soda, you're right, could be scum coasting, but a four day D1 over a weekend can have that lower participation, gosh knows I wasn't around most of the weekend myself. They've posted already today so we'll see what comes from that.

re: sandnavyguy, I can see what xopods and Token Female are saying, and I'll keep that in mind for later, but strikes me as first game awkwardness rather than scum play

that said cl, the case you have on cheese is all you've done this entire game (pot, kettle) do you have any other reads on the other 18 players in this?

yuming posted:

yea maybe. they'll hang themselves getting wires crossed on later days, so I think we should table sand guy casing for a day or two and cross reference his casing and thoughts

ez net

i don't want to lynch someone from a ecco game over having a thoughtful (or at least whitenoisey enough) vote on d1 lmao

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Not feeling the PMom case. And I agree with the case on cheese sandwich, especially that they don’t name names even when asked directly.

I still think hawke is a good vote but there’s no momentum there.

Won’t vote for sandnavyguy, I also think he’s just new

TF seems town, chaoslord seems town, not sure about the rest of you

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Catching up

Jfc like 200 posts

##unvote for now so I don't forget

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not posting a lot because I have my last ever exam tomorrow :sun:

unless I go JAG lmao can you imagine

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
eight hours btw

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Congrats :sun:

##vote JFisk

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
As I don't believe I've played a game with the three people who have votes on me at the moment, hi there! Nice to meet you! Other than Potter I haven't really played this game in the past decade!

Now would you mind filling me in as to why minimal effort D1 posting is worthy of 3 votes?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Don’t do it

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I think I'm changing my mind on Yuming. As town I think that Yuming is very good at making reads, finding people scummy, and writing up analysis. Even on day 1.

I think that in this game she's been posting only some surface level reads. She hasn't really found anyone to be scummy. These are her best reads:

yuming posted:

Here's my best guess ~feeling~ atm.

##vote chaoslord

For being around and posting but not really contributing.

yuming posted:

It looks like it is their first votefinder game. I don't like to kill new players for being awkward D1.

Hmmm, looking back at the low-content players xopods asked about (and who I called out earlier) I think JFisk is the worst.

The reason being, they promised to content and then went on to post Maury pics. But I'm struggling to find something I think is worse than neutral.

I think I will come back later and reassess.

These are just lurker call outs. I'm not saying that there is something wrong with making lurker call outs, but when it is the only read that she is making, that seems like a problem to me. Maybe it's meta, but I expect Yuming to be making some kind of case on day 1.

There's a lot of calling people townie in her posting history. I think that she's doing this because she's scum and it's difficult for her to case people when she knows that they are town.

##Vote Yuming

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Spoonsy (3): Moatillata, Atomic Soda, Monathin, Somberbrero, -Moatillata
Pinterest Mom (2): xopods, sandnavyguy
SHALASHASKA HAWKE (2): merk, Somberbrero, MisterJed, Sandwolf, -Somberbrero, -merk
cheese sandwich (2): chaoslord, SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Execute No One! (2): Toalpaz, b-minus1
sandnavyguy (1): merk
Jonathan Fisk (1): yuming
b-minus1 (1): Ixtlilton
yuming (1): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, -SHALASHASKA HAWKE, Token Female
chaoslord (0): yuming, -yuming
Moatillata (0): Atomic Soda, -Atomic Soda
Ixtlilton (0): xopods, -xopods
Monathin (0): merk, -merk, SHALASHASKA HAWKE, -SHALASHASKA HAWKE
MisterJed (0): chaoslord, -chaoslord
Atomic Soda (0): Somberbrero, -Somberbrero
Somberbrero (0): chaoslord, -chaoslord
Toalpaz (0): SHALASHASKA HAWKE, -SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Token Female (0): Monathin, -Monathin

Not Voting (6): cheese sandwich, Gamerofthegame, Jonathan Fisk, Moatillata, Pinterest Mom, Spoonsy

:h: With 21 players alive, it takes 11 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is May 04th, 2020 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in a little more than 7 hours from this post.

Note that I'll be in a zoom-based happy hour with friends at that time, so the deadline is ~floating~. See the OP for what that means.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spoonsy posted:

As I don't believe I've played a game with the three people who have votes on me at the moment, hi there! Nice to meet you! Other than Potter I haven't really played this game in the past decade!

Now would you mind filling me in as to why minimal effort D1 posting is worthy of 3 votes?

We played together in the Ecco game where you were scum and you were making gross mudpies all over the town and the flips were obscured because of all the mudpies. We lost despite flipping a bunch of scum and Ecco was all Ecco about it.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

I think I'm changing my mind on Yuming. As town I think that Yuming is very good at making reads, finding people scummy, and writing up analysis. Even on day 1.

I think that in this game she's been posting only some surface level reads. She hasn't really found anyone to be scummy. These are her best reads:

These are just lurker call outs. I'm not saying that there is something wrong with making lurker call outs, but when it is the only read that she is making, that seems like a problem to me. Maybe it's meta, but I expect Yuming to be making some kind of case on day 1.

There's a lot of calling people townie in her posting history. I think that she's doing this because she's scum and it's difficult for her to case people when she knows that they are town.

##Vote Yuming
I am town, but I'm not reading anyone as standing out as scum. The start of the game was oddly dense and I haven't gotten any good reads off the flavor-chat.

Because the reads I have gotten are town, I am fine to vote for a low-content poster.

JFisk is my current choice because (1) they promised to read the thread and (2) now when called out about it just made an excuse and peaced out.

To me that is better than voting someone for awkward new posting, which is the only other read I am getting atm: a bad tone read on Jed.

But like sandguy, I'd prefer to leave time for me to get used to his posting style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Spoonsy posted:

I mean, you weren't active, hadn't done any casing, for the majority of the game day your last post was a joke that you mostly peaced out on, and now that you're coming back to a... hold on let me check - 21 person game you're trying to beat the drum on having 3 votes?