Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

lmao they still haven't even started making that thing. I mean I bought a Merchantman around the same time so I can't really talk poo poo, but drat.

Yeah, another friend bought the Merchantman i think around the same time. The idea was I was going to sit and mine and he'd haul the cargo back to sell.

Looking at the state the game is in right now... that's just never going to happen. Is there even a system to transfer cargo between ships in space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dynastocles posted:

I did a little sleuthing and looks like it might be closer to [Faithful] [as far as] [we are dying]

loleo (i am loling)

If anyone sees that and doesn’t mark this as both a scam and deeply disturbing borderline into the territory of a cult I don’t know what else will sway them

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

DGP Space Lion posted:

This is extremely appropriate when you consider that the Tel Aviv central bus station was supposed to be completed by the late 1960s and was such a clusterfuck that it only opened in the early 1990s with half the planned features missing, and since then it was pretty much abandoned

This is extremely appropriate when you consider that Star Citizen was supposed to be completed by the late 2016s and was such a clusterfuck that it only opened in the early 2030s with half the planned features missing, and since then it was pretty much abandoned by the playerbase

Yep, fits pretty well...

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
everything is super normal and nothing shady is going on at all

May 2020: $9,825,267 (current, 4~ days of funding left)
to put that in perspective, this month isn't over and its already been better than:
  • Anniversary Sale 2018: $9,172,592
  • Anniversary Sale 2017: $8,012,417
  • Anniversary Sale 2016: $6,738,501
  • Anniversary Sale 2015: $5,853,984
  • CitizenCon 2018: $4,660,591 (counting all of October)
  • CitizenCon 2017: $3,251,843 (counting all of October)
  • CitizenCon 2016: $5,215,403 (counting all of October)
  • CitizenCon 2015: $4,248,793 (counting all of October)

if the funding continues, this will be the best month/event for funding in star citizen history

during a pandemic, economic uncertainty, and several very problematic patches

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

akkristor posted:

Yeah, another friend bought the Merchantman i think around the same time. The idea was I was going to sit and mine and he'd haul the cargo back to sell.

Looking at the state the game is in right now... that's just never going to happen. Is there even a system to transfer cargo between ships in space?

Nope. I mean I guess you can probably pick up those little crates and manually EVA them over (I have no idea what that does to ownership) but there's no like bulk transfer of cargo or minerals. Ship-to-ship docking was most recently scheduled for Q4 2019 lol.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Dynastocles posted:

I did a little sleuthing and looks like it might be closer to [Faithful] [as far as] [we are dying]

loleo (i am loling)

I couldn't be arsed to copy-paste my entire grammatical breakdown, but the most appropriate one ends up being “[we are] faithful as long as we [expect to] give up” or, with a bit more poetic slant, “we will keep quitting so as to become loyal.”

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Beet Wagon posted:

Or do you mean the Endeavor?

That's the one that is supposed to be a huge fuckoff science ship where half the ship detaches (lol) for exploration, and it can fit a shitload of different modules like space farms (lol) particle colliders (lol) and telescopes (lol) for some as-yet-to-be-described "science" gameplay.

The Endeavor was my favorite back when I actually would set foot in Spectrum. It was the ultimate dream machine, the backers could imagine it doing anything. Hospital ship, farming, R&D, drug manufacture, anything you could want it to do. Even a giant telescope for some reason.

And in nearly every thread where the ship was mentioned, some Mengele-rear end creep would pop in and wonder if he'd be able to kidnap players, enslave them, and do experiments/organ harvesting on them. The inevitable consequence of science I guess.

Last King posted:

so some quick googling and i found this:

hilarious....

"To put fun ahead of shareholder profits"

(meaning our game won't result in either...)

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747

TheAgent posted:

to put that in perspective, this month isn't over and its already been better than:

if the funding continues, this will be the best month/event for funding in star citizen history

Doesn't seem that shady to me, I would expect a similar bump in funding if there was a crowd funded submarine game and they added waterboarding

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
Top post on the subreddit right now:

:reddit: Happy Birthday, Citizen One!

:v: Happy birthday Chris! o7

:argh: Sucks that the photo posted is from that awful Forbes character-attack article tho, those "journalists" hosed over Chris and Sandi nastily

:lol::lol:

The image path is Forbesimg.com. Crobear will be happy that the Forbes article is rising up the Google rankings for him and Star Citizen :gary:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...e-ready-to-play

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

TheAgent posted:

Star Citizen has saved PC Gaming the Pay2Win Real Money Transaction gaming industry :toot:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Quavers posted:

Top post on the subreddit right now:

:reddit: Happy Birthday, Citizen One!

:v: Happy birthday Chris! o7

:argh: Sucks that the photo posted is from that awful Forbes character-attack article tho, those "journalists" hosed over Chris and Sandi nastily

:lol::lol:

The image path is Forbesimg.com. Crobear will be happy that the Forbes article is rising up the Google rankings for him and Star Citizen :gary:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattpe...e-ready-to-play

Imagine the sounds he made trying to get into and out of that pose

Months of visits to the most expensive sports injury clinic in LA after that photo shoot. All paid for by the backers

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Bootcha posted:

I'll be honest.
I have no idea what I'm witnessing with this week.
I feel like I need an economist, a psychologist, and a futurist to explain it to me.

I'm watching streamers sing praises and show off poo poo, while watching first time players struggle with basic controls and fighting a hostile software.
I'm seeing a collapse in service and all the while unprecedented funding.
I'm watching a community eat itself to preserve a comfortable normalcy.

Quite simply, I have no idea what I'm witnessing.
Only a chuckling "That's Star Citizen".
It's absolutely loving weird.
There is a convergence of so many contradicting states.
Somebody send a loving poet.

:same:
nailing exactly what i feel.
on top of that we are way past 340 millions funded now, because we cant see what government benefits CIG has gotten or how much loan they will withdraw once poo poo starts going sour (if anyone is willing to give em a loan anymore).
still if the money was fake, then i would be dialing the gains down soon, because all the money they are getting will raise the question of where it all went after it all ends.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

On a summer Saturday in 2007, a trespasser slipped by a security gate and entered Chris Roberts’ L.A. home. Inside, Madison Peterson, Roberts’ former common-law wife, with whom he had a long on-and-off relationship, was startled and feared her young daughter could be harmed or kidnapped. Peterson later identified the trespasser as Sandi Gardiner, who is now Roberts’ wife (for the second time) and a cofounder of Cloud Imperium. Roberts reported the incident to police, and a California judge issued a temporary restraining order that required Gardiner to stay 100 yards away from Peterson, who claimed in her temporary restraining order application that Gardiner had been stalking and threatening both her and her daughter for nearly three years.

excuse me what the gently caress

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Inacio posted:

lmao dude there is just so much more that this thread has talked about for years and years and years

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Inacio posted:

Old news. Why do you think we call her the strangler?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

TheAgent posted:

lmao dude there is just so much more that this thread has talked about for years and years and years

Truth

We have literally forgotten so much poo poo and yet there is still more.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Blue On Blue posted:

Imagine the sounds he made trying to get into and out of that pose

:five:

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Bootcha posted:

A noob without head, feet or toes
Presses backspace and cures all his woes
While the Javelins hump,
Servers die with a thump,
And the money persistently grows

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

I remember close encounters, it was the one where that one crazy dude had a vision and spent loving ages shaping mud into something that looked like a massive wart then finally proudly proclaimed 'that's it, it is a mountain'

i also remember it (i watched it this winter on dvd).
i loved the beginning....and i hated the rest.
i watched it with my brother and just before the end i went out to play pool billiard (before covid) because i was such a letdown.
i told him that the ending will be poo poo, he did not believe me.
he watched it till the end.
i came back and he confimed it was poo poo.
(i did never see it myself)

i dont know what the poikt of my story is really but im drunk so

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TheAgent posted:

So, what are the odds in a few months we will hear about a new investor?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

So, what are the odds in a few months we will hear about a new investor?

if the stock market is any indicator of investor sentiment, then good. very good. my bet is on tencent.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Torquemada posted:

Yo!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

nice

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Inacio posted:

If that is a "what the gently caress" then we could tell you stuff about this project that would blow your mind. Ticklers in black, feminist pedophiles, hair excess, amazed Japanese TV hosts, and so much stuff that has been lost to time.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bootcha posted:

I'll be honest.
I feel like I need an economist, a psychologist, and a futurist to explain it to me.

I'm watching streamers sing praises and show off poo poo, while watching first time players struggle with basic controls and fighting a hostile software.

you are that poet bootcha

you know whats going on better then anyone else

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Torquemada posted:

these look like trustworthy folks....

i've tried to read through it all, but there is just too much to try to catch up on. that forbes article is pure gold though.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Frog Act posted:

has this incredibly poorly voiced fan film been posted yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyGXWvPHejs

but wait - there's more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y7XmwCbLS4

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Great. Now all that video needs is somebody to insert this video every time the train doors open:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBSrBqogPY

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gonna :toot: my own horn from the Age up Media thread.

I had no idea it was his birthday today.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mirificus posted:

quote:

One of the really nice things I enjoy about a being a Space Marshall is knowing that I out-rank Gary Oldman and Mark Hamill - try explaining that to people outside!

You can call me a loser in real life all you want but in the gaming world I outrank 2 NPCs that look like actors because I paid thousands of dollars for a video game that doesn't work.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Torquemada posted:

This is a flat out lie - you are just spreading FUD.

She was just helping Chris to relax by giving him a soothing therapeutic neck massage (of which she has been the best at since she was a little girl) because she cares about him so very much.

This spreading of these lies is truly sickering - I feel like I'm living in the Stimpire.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Bootcha posted:

I'll be honest.

An economist, a psychologist, and a futurist walk into a bar. The bartender has been removed from the roadmap.

Star Citizen.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

The fact that people apparently earnestly refer to their stupid spending-related forums titles as a "promotion" is a little chilling to be honest. Like, the more I think about it the more depressing it is.

It's pretty gross.

Nothing like donating huge swaths of money to a video game for kids. And it's not even a fun to play video game for kids.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

iron buns posted:

An economist, a psychologist, and a futurist walk into a bar. The bartender has been removed from the roadmap.

Star Citizen.

An economist, a psychologist, and a futurist clip into a bar....

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Bootcha posted:

I'll be honest.

It’s a calvacade of weirdness coming out this mess right now, in my gut I feel like we’re seeing the beginning of the end, but as always it’s all too nebulous to make any real sense of.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm loathe to say it but I feel like we need to do an ARGcast. This poo poo is wild.

Same.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Last King posted:

so some quick googling and i found this:

hilarious....

Even funnier is at one point and probably still posting 'the pledge' on cig's forum was ground for being moderated or banned for spreading fud

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Star Citizer: riding the hype train to the bank

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Beet Wagon posted:

The Pioneer?

That's the one that's eventually supposed to build structures (lol) on player-owned land (lol)

Or do you mean the Endeavor?

That's the one that is supposed to be a huge fuckoff science ship where half the ship detaches (lol) for exploration, and it can fit a shitload of different modules like space farms (lol) particle colliders (lol) and telescopes (lol) for some as-yet-to-be-described "science" gameplay.

Lmao i forgot there were two, I was thinking of the second one

Have they mentioned it or it’s implementation in years? Does anyone know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Frog Act posted:

Lmao i forgot there were two, I was thinking of the second one

Have they mentioned it or it’s implementation in years? Does anyone know

No, for both of them lol