Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Anyone else remember the zombaby legacy? And how horrible it would be for any other kid that insane woman had, because Baby Faith was so perfect.

I remember this! It was horrifying, and the trainwreck just kept going. Didn't the street preacher who knocked her up make himself an account and tried to defend it? I think there was also a pool of when the rest of Baby Faith would finally die and I got the closest, but was over (so by Price is Right rules I didn't win).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

ArbitraryC posted:

This wasn't religion, sexuality, political views, it was not getting tattoos for a few years.

I dunno, it seems like a person who would have that big a problem with ink probably wouldn’t be super cool about any of those other three things either.

With you overall though. Somebody else’s house is somebody else’s house. At a certain point the roof over your head is either worth the sacrifices or it isn’t. Whether or not her mother is a poo poo (she is) is almost a separate issue.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I'm kinkshaming and you can't stop me. I don't know about WWE, but I'd definitely say that of MMA fighters or boxers. Doing it with consent makes you less of a piece of poo poo than doing it without consent, but you're still someone who enjoys abusing others.

Shut up idiot lol

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA for threatening to cut off my son's tuition because he lied?

quote:

My husband (M52) and I (F51) are very liberal. We have two kids, one daughter (F28) and one son (M20). My daughter is a nurse practitioner, and my son is still in college across the country, so he's staying with his roommate's family during quarantine.

When my son was 13, he came out to us as gay. We were incredibly accepting, and we even threw a coming out party for him (at his request, of course). Unfortunately, people at his school were not so accepting, so we kind of went out of our way to spoil him to make life easier on him. We bought him a car, paid for him to spend a summer in Japan, and gave him pocket money any time we could afford it. He had a boyfriend in high school, but they weren't together long.

My daughter was always extremely angry about this; it is true her brother got a much nicer car than she did, and she also had to save up for her exchange trip to France because we couldn't afford it at the time, but she also complains that we didn't give her an allowance for doing chores growing up - which doesn't make sense, because our son didn't get an allowance for doing chores, either. We've always believed that housework is something everyone should contribute to, and their father and I both cook and clean. It's not like she was Cinderella. Also, we just didn't have as much money back then. We paid off her student loans last year, and she still thinks we prioritize her brother over her.

This all came to head the other night when we were chatting on Zoom. My daughter sent me tons of pictures and screenshots of my son's social media posts, and it's starting to look like he might have a girlfriend; I was sent screenshots of the girl's posts, too. I was absolutely devastated our son would lie to us, and his sister told it's because we spoiled him. She also insisted that his high school boyfriend was playing along because he thought it was funny, and I just refuse to believe this. I told her maybe her brother is just bisexual and was confused back in high school, and she completely exploded on me. She said all sorts of nasty things, but what really bothered me was when she said "I ate pussy once, can I get all the student loan payments I made over the years reimbursed, now?" I told her she was being ridiculously homophobic, and she called me a blind idiot and logged off.

I sent her an email telling her that the way she talked to me was unacceptable, but I am going to have a chat with her brother. Every time I try to call him, though, he either doesn't answer or says he's busy. I sent him an email and explained to him that if he doesn't answer me, I'll cut off his tuition. I feel awful making this kind of threat, but I need an answer from him. I don't want to pry into his sexual life, though, so I'm wondering, AITA?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ad090 posted:

I ate pussy once, can I get all my student loan payments reimbursed?
:lol:

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My (39 F) fiance (21 M) keeps skateboarding IN the house and it is causing tension.

quote:

I have been with my fiance for 3 years and he moved into my house 6 months ago shortly after our engagement. I live in a rather large house.

The estate is rather large and has plenty of paved areas to allow for skateboarding. My fiance is a skateboarder. It's a hobby he excels at but he keeps talking about his "skateboarding career", whereas I have encouraged him to attend the community college and see if he wants to go from there to a four year degree, which I have offered to pay for. He doesn't necessarily even have to do that, I just wish he would pursue a career other than skateboarding. I am just saying this because skateboarding has always been a point of contention in our whirlwind relationship even before his recent misbehavior.

A few weeks ago my fiance began setting up GoPro cameras around the house, and on himself, and skateboarding around the house. Everywhere. Dining rooms, kitchen, the foyer, down the banisters, the hallways, bedrooms, bathrooms, even the library. He is doing it for a "documentary" about his new "business idea" of "Extreme Indoor Skateboarding". He intends to upload it in a ten part series "on all online platforms", and also claims he is going to use the audio for "An Indoor Skateboarding Podcast." He thinks this documentary and podcast will launch his skateboarding career.

I am at my wits end. He is leaving tire marks all over the place, he is knocking things over, he has broken a $4,000 lamp, and he has repeatedly injured himself. The poor cleaning staff are aghast at his antics, as they rightfully should be.

I have repeatedly sat him down and told him he needs to stop skateboarding in the house, but he brushes it off and says "Whatever man you're just trying to interfere in my skateboarding career." This really angers me because he knows I hate when he says "Whatever man" to me, and also this isn't about his career it is about safety and decorum.

The other evening I was hosting a small luncheon to raise some money for a charity I work with and my fiance careened into the room on a skateboard and JUMPED OVER THE TABLE. My guests were mortified, as was I. I tried to talk to him after but it was the same old same old.

Aside from this exasperating trend, our relationship is fantastic. All other areas of our relationship are phenomenal, and I know he is my soul mate. But I don't know what to do about this behavior and I need advice on how to get him to curtail it.

TL;DR - My fiance is skateboarding in the house and won't stop. I don't like it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

son not gay. so what

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Evil Willow posted:

My (39 F) fiance (21 M) keeps skateboarding IN the house and it is causing tension.

What 90s romcom is this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Gettin' a real Demi Moore/Ashton Kutcher thing from this story.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ad090 posted:

"Can I use the threat of financial ruin instead of actually being a parent?"

kind of feel like that she's more pissed over potentially losing the "raised a successful gay son" merit badge then anything else.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

"Can I use the threat of financial ruin instead of actually being a parent?"

kind of feel like that she's more pissed over potentially losing the "raised a successful gay son" merit badge then anything else.

The OP is just mad at themselves cause their goto excuse of why they spoiled the second kid has blown up in their face, but instead of admit that yeah the whole history of buying their youngest a car while the oldest was still dealing with student debt and such was already wrong they're just gonna act like they were defrauded.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for not helping my coworker move after I showed up and no one was ready for the move and they started to belittle me over my life choices.

quote:

This happened this morning. I agreed to help a work buddy to move since I had a large truck and a trailer that I could use. The plan was simple, I would show up around 6:30-6:45 AM. And we would start with the large stuff (couch, beds, ect) and file any open space left with the packing boxes. So well not everything had to be packed and ready to go (They were still living in the house so you need access to some stuff) I told them to have at least 70-80% of it ready and the his wife and kids can pack the rest for when we were traveling to the new place about 50 minutes away. He agreed to pay for the gas, breakfast, and lunch, I agreed to be the driver and mover.

Well I show up at 6:38 on and give them a call. No pickup. So I go up to the room which is on the 3rd floor, knock on the door and no answer. So I try the phone again, and after checking that I have the right address (I don't want to wake the wrong person up) I try the door again. One of the kids opens up and I am relived to that I have the right place. I enter and find that a small pile of boxes on the wall, and a large amount of junk just tossed around the room. I ask to make sure that everything is packed. I get some attitude from her about how she has kids and I don't, so I need to shut up about it. Buddy shows up, and joins her, and I get about a dozen or so bingos about my life choices and how I need to help them out more since they have kids and I don't, and I can start with buying everyone breakfast and helping pack the boxes. After about 20 minutes of this, I just left and went home. I have about 100 missed calls and texts right now from them, and have no real motivation to return and help them out.

Edit: I started to read though the texts after cooling off a bit and reading your replies. I have gotten half apologies, blaming a hangover, and that they were joking about breakfast, and asking what are they going to do without my help? So far I have not responded, but I think my only response should be is "Rent a truck"

Edit 2: Thank you every one, this is going to be my last response for the day (did I mention I got up at 4 am to get everything ready and to leave at 6am to be there on time?) So I am going to get ready for bed soon. A few updates

-I did call my/his supervisor and gave him a dry rundown on what happened, that they were not ready to move, and to ask if they needed me to come in for the day since I was only 5 minutes away, I texted the other 2 managers to make sure as well, I am a jack of all trades guy and can cover for everyone, but if they think I am busy with Buddy's move they won't call me, and I am always happy for some overtime cash when I am already in the area. I picked up some Hardees and went home and killed some digital ninjas with the all clear response.

-It seems that they are using the kids phones to text and harasser me as well (I think they are the kids numbers, since they are not in my caller ID all I see is the phone number and provider), I have muted all the conversations, but I am keeping a record of them.

-Buddy was given a 3 day weekend just for this move, so I will not know more until Tuesday. I am actually covering his shift for this on Monday. (normally I only work 4x 12-16 hour days a week)

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

The OP is just mad at themselves cause their goto excuse of why they spoiled the second kid has blown up in their face, but instead of admit that yeah the whole history of buying their youngest a car while the oldest was still dealing with student debt and such was already wrong they're just gonna act like they were defrauded.

I don't think its a stretch to assume the parents are white because the throwing money at their gay son and making a big deal how proud they are is a huge middle class white liberal thing to do because it makes them feel so woke and progressive like they themselves are solving societal inequalities by raising a spoiled brat.

It's just a "you embarrassed us to our neighbors who now think our son is just some regular hetero you have shamed our good name"

Also the daughter has clearly been resenting the poo poo out of her parents & brother this entire time. Trawling his facebook and blowing up his poo poo is probably just the final expression of her disgust and contempt for the vastly different way they treated their kids.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Something Awful Forums > Main > General Bullshit > r/relationships: I ate pussy once, can I get all my student loan payments reimbursed?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for not helping my coworker move after I showed up and no one was ready for the move and they started to belittle me over my life choices.

This poo poo drives me up the wall and I've basically done the same thing the OP has done.

When it comes to personal favors my friends (and coworkers and such) do know me as a dependable person to ask for help but the catch is they have to legitimately need help. If you're moving I'll help you get the big poo poo you couldn't get on your own, if you're stranded somewhere I'd come give ya a tow, etc etc etc, but some people are absolutely flabberghasted when I pass on convenience stuff. You don't need my help packing boxes, you can do it yourself. You don't need a lift to your car you left at the bar the other night, it's only a 2 mile walk. If it's not something I would ask for help with because I understand what I'm asking is for someone to waste an hour of their time to save me half an hour of mine, I'm probably not gonna help anyone else with it either.

Dude was already beyond generous, the absolute gall.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I have never had ANYONE (including me) ready to move at the time they intend to do so, no matter how much they think they're on top of things, and no matter how much of an obsessive planner you are (again, including me) that has to be accounted for. That said, when someone's doing you a favor drop the attitude and any humor should be kept strictly self-deprecating. None of this "well clearly you aren't living life enough if you can manage to be on time" BS.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ad090 posted:

i'm just gonna preemptively say "shut up cumshitter" before he inevitably comes in to make some shitpost about how the OP is correct because the son's secret hetero lifestyle is disgusting and horrifying

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

i'm just gonna preemptively say "shut up cumshitter" before he inevitably comes in to make some shitpost about how the OP is correct because the son's secret hetero lifestyle is disgusting and horrifying

I'm gonna channel Graham Chapman in Mr. Hilter with a, "HE'S RIGHT, YOU KNOW THAT!"

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 14, 2020

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for telling my GF my parents are racist, so she stops asking me to meet them?

quote:

I am a 21 white male and my GF, Jane 22, is Asian American. We've been dating for 2 years now and are currently living together.

I met Jane's immediate family early on in the relationship and recently met her extended family last year at their new year celebrations.

My parents live in a gated community with other nudists. I've visited them a hand full of times since they've moved and it's just a pretty awkward experience so I just keep it to phone calls.

She brought up meeting them a few times and I didn't know what to say so I just told her that they are racist so that she'd stop asking to meet them. Which she did.

However now the problem is that we've been attending the protests and she feels that I should stop talking to my parents as I'm enabling them and maybe if I stop talking to them then they might idk stop being racist. So I told her that I lied and the real reason I don't want her to meet them is because they like being naked.

She's very angry. She called me a "massive AH" and shows my "white privilege" for joking about such a serious issue, she's gone to her sisters and is currently not talking to me.

My sister (25) thinks it's absolutely hilarious that only I can end up in a situation like this.

Reddit AITA?

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Why not just say they were nudists in the first place?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Droyer posted:

Why not just say they were nudists in the first place?
The fact that "racist" is less embarrassing than "nudists" says it all, really.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

There's nothing to make fun of here. I can't imagine the pain his parents must be going through. It has to be like discovering that your son is a serial killer or a cop.

There is nothing funny about stolen glamour.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The brass neck of these fuckers, JFC.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

monkeytennis posted:

The victim’s response is great. Block, block, block, ignore, block, have a sandwich, block.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Koalas March posted:

Tbf stuff like that you don't really get done in one session anyway. It's not like buying a computer where you drop a bunch of money all at once. It's something you could and often do over time. She could also have a friend who does tatts who gave her a discount, or is an apprentice doing work for free etc

We don't know what quality the tats are, either, so it could be some seriously crappy scratcher practise poo poo. And/or I can see the OP parlaying a couple of small back tattoos into "OMG her back is coooovered!" as well.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Khanstant posted:

i wonder what folks she was thinking of included in "foreign" or "anything" and why those would make the name suddenly cool

It's a somewhat common Armenian name.

Rdit: Well, I didn't read that so well. "Nazi" is a somewhat common name for Armenian men.

therobit fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jun 14, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

We don't know what quality the tats are, either, so it could be some seriously crappy scratcher practise poo poo. And/or I can see the OP parlaying a couple of small back tattoos into "OMG her back is coooovered!" as well.

An all time classic
My son's tattoo hurt me deeply

quote:

Put out the bunting, crack open the beers, stand there in the kitchen smiling from ear to ear, because he’s home – our student son is home and the family is together again. And after supper, after the washing up is done, the others – his younger siblings – drift off to watch television, and he says: “Would you like to see my tattoo?”

I say, “You’re joking.”

He says, “No, I’m not.”

But still I wait. Any minute he’s going to laugh and say, “You should see your faces” because this has been a running joke for years, this idea of getting a tattoo – the hard man act, iron muscles, shaved head, Jason Statham, Ross Kemp. He’s a clever boy. Maybe during his school years he thought a tattoo would balance the geeky glory of academic achievement.

His father says, “Where?”

“On my arm,” he says, and touches his bicep through his shirt.

His lovely shoulder.

In the silence, he says, “I didn’t think you’d be this upset.”

After a while, he says, “It wasn’t just a drunken whim. I thought about it. I went to a professional. It cost £150.”

£150? I think, briefly, of all the things I could buy with £150.

“It’s just a tattoo,” he says, when the silence goes on so long that we have nearly fallen over the edge of it into a pit of black nothingness. “It’s not as if I came home and said I’d got someone pregnant.”

It seems to me, unhinged by shock, that this might have been the better option.

His father asks, “Does it hurt?”

“Yes,” I say, cutting across this male bonding. “It does. Very much.”

For three days, I can’t speak to my son. I can hardly bear to look at him. I decide this is rational. The last thing we need, I think, is an explosion of white-hot words that everyone carries around for the rest of their lives, engraved on their hearts. In any case, I’m not even sure what it is I want to say. In my mind’s eye I stand there, a bitter old woman with pursed lips wringing my black-gloved hands. He’s done the one thing that I’ve said for years, please don’t do this. It would really upset me if you did this. And now it’s happened. So there’s nothing left to say.

I know you can’t control what your children do. Why would you want to, anyway? If you controlled what they did, you’d just pass on your own rubbish tip of imperfections. You hope the next generation will be better, stronger, more generous. I know all you can do as a parent is to pack their bags and wave as you watch them go.

So I cry instead. I have a lump in my throat that stops me from eating. I feel as if someone has died. I keep thinking of his skin, his precious skin, inked like a pig carcass.

My neighbour says, “There’s a lot of it about. So many teenagers are doing it.” I stare at pictures of David Beckham with his flowery sleeves, Angelina Jolie all veins and scrawls. Tattoos are everywhere. They seem no more alternative than piercings these days. But I still don’t understand. Sam Cam with her smudgy dolphin, the heavily tattooed at Royal Ascot – these people are role models?

“My niece had doves tattooed on her breasts,” says a friend, “And her father said, you wait, in a few years’ time they’ll be vultures.”

It’s the permanence that makes me weep. As if the Joker had made face paints from acid. Your youthful passion for ever on display, like a CD of the Smiths stapled to your forehead. The British Association of Dermatologists recently surveyed just under 600 patients with visible tattoos. Nearly half of them had been inked between the ages of 18 and 25, and nearly a third of them regretted it.

I look up laser removal. Which is a possibility, I think miserably, that only works if you want a tattoo removed. And I’m not in charge here. My son is.

My husband asks, “Have you seen it yet?”

I shake my head. Like a child, I am hoping that if I keep my eyes tightly shut the whole thing will disappear.

“It’s his body,” he says gently. “His choice.”

“But what if he wants to be a lawyer?”

“A lawyer?”

“Or an accountant.”

“He’ll be wearing a suit. No one will ever know. And he doesn’t want to be a lawyer. Or an accountant.”

I know. I know.

I meet a colleague for lunch. “He knew how much it would hurt me,” I say, tears running down my face. “For years I’ve said, don’t do it. It’s there for ever, even after you’ve changed your mind about who you are and what you want to look like. You’re branded, like meat. It can damage your work prospects. It can turn people against you before you’ve even opened your mouth.”

She says, “Tell him how you feel.”

But I can’t. For a start, I know I’m being completely unreasonable. This level of grief is absurd. He’s not dying, he hasn’t killed anyone, he hasn’t volunteered to fight on behalf of a military dictatorship. But I feel as though a knife is twisting in my guts.

I get angry with myself. This is nothing but snobbery, I think – latent anxiety about the trappings of class. As if my son had deliberately turned his back on a light Victoria sponge and stuffed his face with cheap doughnuts. I am aware, too, that I associate tattoos on men with aggression, the kind of arrogant swagger that goes with vest tops, dogs on chains, broken beer glasses.

Is this what other women feel? Or perhaps, I think, with an uncomfortable lurch of realisation, just what older women feel. I stand, a lone tyrannosaurus, bellowing at a world I don’t understand.

Tattoos used to be the preserve of criminals and toffs. And sailors. In the 1850s, the corpses of seamen washed up on the coast of north Cornwall were “strangely decorated” with blue, according to Robert Hawker, the vicar of Morwenstow – initials, or drawings of anchors, flowers or religious symbols (“Our blessed Saviour on His Cross, with on the one hand His mother, and on the other St John the Evangelist”). “It is their object and intent, when they assume these signs,” says Hawker, “to secure identity for their bodies if their lives are lost at sea.”

Tattoos, then, were intensely practical, like brightly coloured smit marks on sheep.

Perhaps even then this was a fashion statement, a badge of belonging. Or just what you did after too much rum. Later, the aristocracy flirted with body art. According to the National Maritime Museum in Greenwich (they know a lot about tattoos), Edward VII had a Jerusalem cross on his arm while both his sons, the Duke of Clarence and the Duke of York (later George V), had dragon tattoos. Lady Randolph Churchill, Winston’s mum, had a snake on her wrist.

But you can do what you like if you’re rich.

On day three, still in a fog of misery, I say to him, “Shall we talk?”

We sit down with cups of coffee. I open my mouth to speak and end up crying instead. I say, “You couldn’t have done anything to hurt me more.”

He is cool and detached. He says, “I think you need to re-examine your prejudices.”

I think, but I have! I’ve done nothing else for three days! But I don’t say that because we aren’t really talking to each other. These are rehearsed lines, clever insults flung across the dispatch box. (This is what comes of not exploding in anger in the heat of the moment.)

I say, “Why couldn’t you have waited until you’d left home? Why now when you’re living here half the year?”

“It’s something I’ve been thinking about for a long time. There didn’t seem any reason to wait.”

Which makes it worse.

“I’m an adult,” he says. “I paid for it with my own money. Money I earned.”

But we’re supporting you as well, I think. As far as I know, you don’t have separate bank accounts for your various income streams. So who knows? Maybe we paid for it. “If you don’t want to see it, that’s fine,” he says. “When I’m at home, I’ll cover it up. Your house, your rules.”

In my head, I think, I thought it was your house, too.

He says, “I’m upset that you’re upset. But I’m not going to apologise.”

“I don’t want you to apologise,” I say. (A lie. Grovelling self-abasement might help.)

He says, “I’m still the same person.”

I look at him, sitting there, my 21-year-old son. I feel I’m being interviewed for a job I don’t even want. I say, “But you’re not. You’re different. I will never look at you in the same way again. It’s a visceral feeling. Maybe because I’m your mother. All those years of looking after your body – taking you to the dentist and making you drink milk and worrying about green leafy vegetables and sunscreen and cancer from mobile phones. And then you let some stranger inject ink under your skin. To me, it seems like self-mutilation. If you’d lost your arm in a car accident, I would have understood. I would have done everything to make you feel better. But this – this is desecration. And I hate it.

We look at each other. There seems nothing left to say.

Over the next few days, my son – always covered up – talks to me as if the row had never happened. I talk to him, too, but warily. Because I’m no longer sure I know him.

And this is when I realise that all my endless self-examination was completely pointless. What I think, or don’t think, about tattoos is irrelevant. Because this is the point. Tattoos are fashionable. They may even be beautiful. (Just because I hate them doesn’t mean I’m right.) But by deciding to have a tattoo, my son took a meat cleaver to my apron strings. He may not have wanted to hurt me. I hope he didn’t. But my feelings, as he made his decision, were completely unimportant.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; pack up the moon and dismantle the sun.

I am redundant. And that’s a legitimate cause for grief, I think.

It's never about the tattoo, its about control and authority, and the reddit OP is going to learn soon her back tattoo'd daughter is not going to ever give a gently caress about her thoughts or feelings ever again.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

pentyne posted:

An all time classic
My son's tattoo hurt me deeply

It's never about the tattoo, its about control and authority, and the reddit OP is going to learn soon her back tattoo'd daughter is not going to ever give a gently caress about her thoughts or feelings ever again.

My eyes glazed over for some of that so correct me if I am wrong but does she never even see it or get told what the tattoo that hurts her so deeply is of? Lmao

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Evil Willow posted:

360 kickflip the rich.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

My eyes glazed over for some of that so correct me if I am wrong but does she never even see it or get told what the tattoo that hurts her so deeply is of? Lmao

She never sees it she just cries and cries and says she'll never look at him the same again and he hurt her as badly as he possibly could.

Also sort of wishes he had just knocked a girl up instead of getting some ink.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

monkeytennis posted:

"We have kids and you don't so we couldn't pack in time"...."also, we were lovely to you when you came over because we got blind drunk the night before you were came over and had terrible hangovers"

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

SirSamVimes posted:

I might be getting it conflated with another parent melting down about their adult child getting a tattoo, but I think it was Spongebob

Husband [42M] and I [41F] experimenting with findom but worried it'll ruin everything

quote:

Henry and I have been married for 15 years. He's a wonderful partner, and we have a strong, supportive relationship. We still appreciate each other sexually but agree that our sex life has gotten stale. We've never been sexually adventurous, but we recently decided to experiment with findom after learning about it on a podcast.

Initially, Henry was hesitant, but we agreed things wouldn't improve unless we pushed past our comfort zone. We were nervous our first night, but we met a sweet gift slave with whom we really connected. By the end of the night, he had purchased us all the books on our Amazon Wish list. After signing off, we were both extremely aroused and had one of our most passionate nights of lovemaking.

In the past few months, I'm seeing an entirely new side of Henry. He's much bolder in the bedroom, and his general outlook has brightened considerably. Our kink has made me feel more empowered as well. It even gave me the courage to negotiate a raise with my employer!

At the same time, I'm beginning to develop reservations. We forced one of our gift slaves to buy us a new 60" TV we didn't need. My husband was so turned on by the purchase, but his reaction completely killed my libido for the night. I've always seen our sexual connection as spiritual and special, but this made it feel materialistic and cheap.

I sought advice from one of my more progressive girlfriends, but she didn't understand my concerns. At first, she thought we were sexting with strangers, but I clarified that there's no nudity and we have a strict rule against sexual talk with our paypigs. She was painfully dismissive and said she didn't know what I was worried about.

We're not having friends or family to our house at the moment, but what happens when social distancing ends? Our guests will see the TV and other intimate tokens from our sex life that we otherwise would never show them. I'm already getting anxious about our online play partners' involvement in our sex life, but at least we can control when we engage with them.

Should I just put my anxiety aside and embrace this new kink with my husband? Or am I right to be concerned? In many ways, this kink is a blessing, but I'm not sure how to make sense of my feelings. This situation is so new to me, and I can't talk to my friends about it.

tl;dr - I'm worried that our findom kink invites others into our sex life in ways that I may not be comfortable with

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jun 14, 2020

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

saying "paypigs" so casually like its just a regular facet of a relationship is just, well, its just really rough to read for some reason.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
gently caress, I need to trick someone into buying me stuff from my amazon wishlist

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
A materialistic fetish feels materialistic??

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ad090 posted:

It owns for this guy because now his family both hates him for being too gay and for not being gay enough, bisexuality owns

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Evil Willow posted:

i really want to see this zany comedy movie tho with the guy older or the woman younger or something other than a romantic relationship

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Danaru posted:

It owns for this guy because now his family both hates him for being too gay and for not being gay enough, bisexuality owns

To be honest, I don't trust what any teenager says about their sexuality. That's the age when you're still figuring things out and experimenting. I wouldn't consider anyone's sexual preference anything but 'Undecided' until their twenties.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Deciding someone’s sexuality but woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Danaru posted:

I know reading posts is so passé, but they did go over that very point.