Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Paul Berginc Sr.
It won't stop me from patronizing the Rivers or the Meadows
I'm not a sheep
I won't kneel to the Democrats , Tom Wolf or Dr Raymond
How about you ?? Baaaaa

I hope this man dies painfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Spoondick posted:

im only failing my classes because there are too many tests
As a serial killer, I'm only getting charged with murder because of the autopsies, so I told my people to slow those down.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Iron Crowned posted:

It's easier for normies to stay inside when it's winter/spring, but now that summer is here, they have to go outside and have barbecues and pool parties with all their friends.

I guess it's just so weird seeing these no hobby suckers losing it like

gently caress IT GOTTA SPEND.

Also drinking with other people doesn't mean you arent an alcoholic you clowns. Apparently social drunks dont like drinking alone :laugh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Unless you're like 105 you don't remember an actual domestic catastrophe in America.

Why would they be scared? It's never happened to them before, they can't even imagine it.

Bro....you forgot.....

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol that people are still going "it just the flu!!" when it's already killed 2x as many people flu does in a year

I also want to scream when people are like "just the flu!" because, like, the flu loving sucks and kills the poo poo out of a ton of people despite the fact that we devote a massive amount of resources to stopping it

My grandmother was in a nursing home a few years ago during a flu outbreak and that place was like a disaster movie. Not only was it killing residents left and right, it also hospitalized several staff members despite everyone being vaccinated. A disease with no vaccine and no treatment that's a bit worse than the flu is loving horrible.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

I told everyone about the chud owner of my company who has expressed his belief that covid is both a hoax and a Chinese bioweapon. a few weeks ago he ended work from home and he's been vocal about getting California opened back up. Well I came into the office this morning and he's decided to have everyone go back to wfh where possible. Turns out his wife is in the ICU and his brother in law died of covid over the weekend and he no longer thinks it's a hoax...

Sounds like a very real chinese bioweapon.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

I'm pretty blackpilled by Rona by now. Squashing this thing out requires everyone to be smart and do the right thing, and this is a country of entitled infantile morons, so that's not going to happen. Telling everyone to stay home would only work if the government also paid for everyone to live, which they won't do, because of capitalism, so it was 'here's $1200, good luck have fun'. Any lockdowns will be sporadic and regional, and short lived. This is just gonna be a cycle of stuff closes/people sorta start taking it seriously again/people lose their jobs/open er up/repeat. I don't know what other ending we can have now. Capitalism and the US government are not designed to handle this, and they won't handle it. We're hosed.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Wamsutta posted:

I'm pretty blackpilled by Rona by now. Squashing this thing out requires everyone to be smart and do the right thing, and this is a country of entitled infantile morons, so that's not going to happen. Telling everyone to stay home would only work if the government also paid for everyone to live, which they won't do, because of capitalism, so it was 'here's $1200, good luck have fun'. Any lockdowns will be sporadic and regional, and short lived. This is just gonna be a cycle of stuff closes/people sorta start taking it seriously again/people lose their jobs/open er up/repeat. I don't know what other ending we can have now. Capitalism and the US government are not designed to handle this, and they won't handle it. We're hosed.

Take the grillpill, son

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you catch it now then with some luck biology you'll be ready to catch it again by next march.

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

bring me one of every color pill

i'm gonna snort them all and make lightning shoot out my ears

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Its a freakin chest cold

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Mayor Dave posted:

I told everyone about the chud owner of my company who has expressed his belief that covid is both a hoax and a Chinese bioweapon. a few weeks ago he ended work from home and he's been vocal about getting California opened back up. Well I came into the office this morning and he's decided to have everyone go back to wfh where possible. Turns out his wife is in the ICU and his brother in law died of covid over the weekend and he no longer thinks it's a hoax...

This is good.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol if they're fudging numbers to get more money because of covid why are hospitals furloughing people because of covid related losses

"well yeah of course they're fudging to get money, we can't do elective surgery on Karen's lips anymore"

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i'm all the people mysteriously dying of pneumonia while unrelatedly having the coronavirus

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Iron Crowned posted:

It's easier for normies to stay inside when it's winter/spring, but now that summer is here, they have to go outside and have barbecues and pool parties with all their friends.

this virus legitimately hit during the best possible time, it wasn't even around much during spring break. we just needed a hard lockdown until memorial day and didn't come anywhere close

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Dustcat posted:

bring me one of every color pill

i'm gonna snort them all and make lightning shoot out my ears

The feeling of your brain turning to pudding and your thoughts becoming disorganized and fuzzy is pretty good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I guess it's just so weird seeing these no hobby suckers losing it like

gently caress IT GOTTA SPEND.

Also drinking with other people doesn't mean you arent an alcoholic you clowns. Apparently social drunks dont like drinking alone :laugh:

:lol: yeah, well their hobbies are going to work, and because they can't go to work anymore they don't know how to find other hobbies.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

mastershakeman posted:

this virus legitimately hit during the best possible time, it wasn't even around much during spring break. we just needed a hard lockdown until memorial day and didn't come anywhere close

i think FL closed beaches for like 10 days before the entire state agreed it was time to OPEN ER UP and the armed chuds who demanded access to haircuts and applebees forced a lot of midwestern states into it, and then lol, we had a few pockets of 'locked down' parts of the country which ended up being the no-peeing section of this piss-filled tub we call the US of A

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Help me out, friends. Wasn’t there a number itt that if the Covid stimulus was broken down per person that it comes out to like 40 grand per person?

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

SKULL.GIF posted:

"well yeah of course they're fudging to get money, we can't do elective surgery on Karen's lips anymore"

elective surgery just means surgery that isn't immediately life saving

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Help me out, friends. Wasn’t there a number itt that if the Covid stimulus was broken down per person that it comes out to like 40 grand per person?

$46,000 if i recall correctly.

Babies and grandmas included.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

SKULL.GIF posted:

I mean you would expect them to fudge numbers down to make it look safe to do lips and hips

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Heated Gaming Moment posted:

Not quite that much but it works out to roughly 30,000 per taxpayer

5 Trillion divided by 155 Million

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I'm kinda confused. Nothing has changed in the last week or two and everyone around me is either losing it or just down to go fully open.

I'm sitting here like ????? This is exactly what I told you was gonna happen months ago. How are people this weak mentally? Why lose it now all of the sudden?

Weird stuff watching the cracks form around you.

I suspect the fact that the highest authorities in the land are just pretending it doesn't exist and doing absolutely nothing about it is contributing.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/TheAtlantic/status/1275046348266582016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mayor Dave posted:

30,000 per taxpayer would change a lot of lives for the better. Of course we didn't do that, because you can't let "those people" have free money.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

boy i'm scared about the 120,000 people that antifa have killed so far this year

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

anime was right posted:

just thinking about five months from now and laughing hysterically like a man on the moon watching earth blow up

they’ll be saying “anime was right was right”

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Wamsutta posted:

Capitalism and the US government are not designed to handle this, and they won't handle it.

The US government is pretty explicitly designed to handle poo poo like this. It’s just that the last two decades have seen the government run mostly by people who think the government must be terrible at everything and is filled with the worst sorts of leeches on society. Lo, a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes time for the national government to do the things literally only it can do: print money to keep the economy semi-running, distribute goods for maximum effectiveness without a profit motive, and pass laws/regulations to ensure that all residents—even the ones who are locally governed by morons—must act in a way that promotes public health.

Too bad none of those things are possible when those in government actively deny that the government is capable of doing any of them.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Grundulum posted:

The US government is pretty explicitly designed to handle poo poo like this. It’s just that the last two decades have seen the government run mostly by people who think the government must be terrible at everything and is filled with the worst sorts of leeches on society. Lo, a self-fulfilling prophecy when it comes time for the national government to do the things literally only it can do: print money to keep the economy semi-running, distribute goods for maximum effectiveness without a profit motive, and pass laws/regulations to ensure that all residents—even the ones who are locally governed by morons—must act in a way that promotes public health.

Too bad none of those things are possible when those in government actively deny that the government is capable of doing any of them.

"This government that we've been in near total control of for the pasty forty years is incapable of getting anything done so let's dismantle it" somehow worked.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

Fame Douglas posted:

Queue goons saying "but you can't get the same virus twice!!!"

note: we have still yet to see a single patient that has gotten it twice

you have repeatedly missed the point here though: if the second time around doesn't trigger ards the vaccine still worked.

every one of these "bbbut there's a coronavirus that has only 3 mo immunity" basically fails when you realize you can lower bound the immunity by Wuhan at least.

the second there's a confirmed case of double infection that is not false negative tests (with millions infected it's v possible to have someone false negative multiple times in a row) poo poo has hit the fan

Malcolm XML has issued a correction as of 16:43 on Jun 22, 2020

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

Mayor Dave posted:

Thanks!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

30,000 per taxpayer would change a lot of lives for the better. Of course we didn't do that, because you can't let "those people" have free money.

It's funny that this is all it would probably take to solve literally all the problems in the country for a couple of years.

Might cause others too but most of our existing problems could be solved that simply.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

that sucks but at the same time Lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Argyria or argyrosis is a condition caused by excessive exposure to chemical compounds of the element silver, or to silver dust.[1] The most dramatic symptom of argyria is that the skin turns blue or blue-grey. It may take the form of generalized argyria or local argyria. Generalized argyria affects large areas over much of the visible surface of the body. Local argyria shows in limited regions of the body, such as patches of skin, parts of the mucous membrane or the conjunctiva.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mayor Dave posted:

wonder what changed

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

smurf cures coronavirus

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm XML posted:

note: we have still yet to see a single patient that has gotten it twice

you have repeatedly missed the point here though: if the second time around doesn't trigger ards the vaccine still worked.

every one of these "bbbut there's a coronavirus that has only 3 mo immunity" basically fails when you realize you can lower bound the immunity by Wuhan at least.

the second there's a confirmed case of double infection that is not false negative tests (with millions infected it's v possible to have someone false negative multiple times in a row)

We have seen patients getting it twice. Reports have been around from the beginning. And I wasn't talking about three months specifically? We don't know how long immunity lasts for this virus, just that it likely isn't forever. Also, Wuhan barely has any cases, not really a great test region.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

BeefThief posted:

It's funny that this is all it would probably take to solve literally all the problems in the country for a couple of years.

Might cause others too but most of our existing problems could be solved that simply.

Yes but have you considered that poor people might buy *checks notes* ...refrigerators ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Mayor Dave posted:

:downsowned: