Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

I think Sal has given up, and Tobbs is riding that as a team mate for cred.

i have no opinion on this until we see one of them flip, but keep in mind for later, that if there are indeed multiple scum teams, this would be astronomically stupid of tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Then kill obvious scum Sal. I will poo poo my pants if he flips town.

This is worth my vote

Mr. Humalong posted:

Does it go bad? Because I was trying to say I have put off drinking any of it for 3.5 years. I wasn't trying to brag about aging it.

No, it doesn't. I was joking about how I've heard people make the "I'm aging it more!" comment.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Rarity posted:

I'm in the UK so I need to go to bed and I'm not gonna be here for deadline so I guess my vote's staying on Byers. For the record my feelings on the votes on me are:

DGK - voting me cause I'm not playing exactly the same way as I did in our last game, ignoring all the other various factors that can influence this besides my alignment, dumb case but probably town based on the rest of his posting

tpink - I already think he's scum

Steak - I have no idea why he's voting me so I have no read on this vote

SNU - voting me for not having any reads, ignoring all the various reads I've dropped over this game while barely doing any work himself, poo poo vote and a poo poo case and he's my forums bestie so he should know me better than this. If I do get lynched today then look at this tomorrow.

If anyone has any questions I'll be around for another 10 minutes or so

Seeing a lot of omgus, pretty good with my vote here.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

general mafia thoughts for a second: i think for town to function as an effective unit it needs to work together towards consensus foremost, which means identifying people you can solidly trust and exchanging a lot of good will that can be pretty difficult when you know both A) there are people absolutely not operating in good will, and B) people are probably going to be aggressive towards you if they suspect you, or even disagree with you. im not going to pretend like im the most effective person at doing this either but in general what im trying to do is take a lot of steps back and listen to what people are saying, even if im suspicious of them. as for people not suspicious towards it helps to try to work directly with this (its here I have the most problem, I feel)

Thanks dad

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Thanks dad

np son

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, and for the record, i've been keeping to myself about this because it's kinda useless to speculate about, but i am on the side of "inclined to believe there are 2 scum teams"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my reasonsing is essentially this: im town with a really good role.

for balance reasons, they may be 2 scum teams.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

Mr. Steak posted:

oh, and for the record, i've been keeping to myself about this because it's kinda useless to speculate about, but i am on the side of "inclined to believe there are 2 scum teams"

lol im dying irl

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

STEAK CATCHUP POST STEAK CATCHUP POST

oh right. about sal's list of 3 scum. that is one of the posts i was talking about when i said his posts were "awful awful awful". he was pressured into making that list while already heated-up and had already stated he didnt have any reads at all. rarity quite skillfully targeted him while he was down and forced him to make more incriminating posts she could tunnel on. i dont think we'll get anything useful out of digging into that sal post.

this post so obviously betrays a "decide who to suspect first, then find reasons to suspect them" attitude, it's insane. i sent it to you so that the weak basis you were suspecting me for would be entirely discredited, but here you've decided to just shift into suspecting me for a different reason. the original reason you suspected me has nothing to do with this new reason. the only conclusion is you simply want to suspect me, for some reason, and are making up reasons.

really? you think that now? pray tell, on what basis do you think i care about influence?

##vote byers

more catchup coming soon

Ugh steak and ketchup is loving atrocity

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

this is unlikely to gain any traction in time / I would be somewhat suspicious if it did, but what do people think of Toalpaz? they haven't made very many posts engaging with the game and when explicitly asked for reasoning just said to read the posts of the person they are voting

He feels good to me, not likely to drop a vote on him right now.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr. Steak posted:

i wouldnt put it past cpig to do that, but the big thing that makes me doubt your theory is that he's incorporated a really simple and unambiguous way to avoid the danger, and from the sound of it he made it REALLY obvious that the item is bad, to anybody who knows the flavor.

the good thing about your theory, is that you have a pretty easy way to, at the very least, prove that you actually believe what you're saying. i would find the tone in your initial effortpost extremely weird if you have 0 influence, so im assuming you definitely have some. im also assuming we'll be told at some point if we receive influence. so all you have to do is send somebody your influence today, or send some to multiple people. and im fairly sure nobody else is confident enough to transfer influence this early, so by tomorrow we'll know if you believed yourself enough to transfer away your influence. and if not, i'll be forced to suspect you're scum

Byers2142 posted:

Here's what pings me about Steak; he's openly campaigning for me to give him influence. That implies he has a use for it. It's an attempt to bully, particularly here:

"Give me your influence or you're scum."

It's not just setup spec, it's also attempting to leverage an advantage in a way that, especially in his first post about it, is selfish.

##vote Steak

I was going to do a big breakdown on Byers but you all post too much so I'll just say this interaction keeps sitting weird with me. This is where Byers is getting the idea of Steak demanding influence:

Mr. Steak posted:

i respectfully ask that you pm the mod and send me all of your influence

and it just makes "Give me your influence or you're scum" look like two dumb things combined together to make a dumb lie. Steak's playing a weird gotcha but the gotcha was never handing Steak all influence.

##vote Byers

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Holy poo poo we’re gonna no lunch aren’t we

##vote Sal

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a gut read in amni and I feel like merk is town this game so I'm willing to move my vote there, but otherwise I'd prefer to keep it on byers.
I should be here at deadline but I'm babying a brisket so who knows how it'll go

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Mr. Steak posted:

lmao

Steak, I can’t recall if I’ve played with you before I took a multi-year hiatus, but you are really a unique Mafia player.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god the entirety of page 23 was pointless for me to read

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

This is the most OMGUS I have ever seen in one post

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Sal

There’s like 3 hours to deadline, no need for panic mode yet.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

##vote Sal

sal doesnt even have the most votes, you monster

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i'm not really seeing rarity rn. DGK could you summarize a case for me?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Give me a case on byers

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

lol im dying irl

fuckin lol yeah

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DGK2000 posted:

He feels good to me, not likely to drop a vote on him right now.

kindly implore u to check the op for people's preferred pronouns

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Jon Joe posted:

i'm not really seeing rarity rn. DGK could you summarize a case for me?

Tons of posts with no alignment calls, makes a few calls, a lot more empty posts, makes what I felt were disingenuous calls, buddies up to merk, eventually tries to use their massive post volume to claim they've made a lot of calls as I posited they would. OMGUSes a lot.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Mr. Steak posted:

kindly implore u to check the op for people's preferred pronouns

They, sorry Toal.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

I should be able to check in near deadline, but the wife wants my time. (That means probably phone posting.)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Give me a case on byers

just control f his name, geez

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Give me a case on byers

really weird tunneling on steak
first to suggest multi scum team
apparently was almost convinced to give steak all his influence??? <- this is null but really loving weird in context

Byers2142 posted:

So there are three things in this post I want to address. First, you can't honestly case me for a dishonest case I did not honestly make. Second, my point about that Sal case isn't that I agree with it, it's that it's the only good case put forward on Sal. The rest are bad/lazy. Third, you missed my point completely on Steak; the way he positioned himself was to ask for influence and try to bully me out of it, while looking good to town. Hell, look at what he did when I pressured him; he threw his Influence at me publicly to prove how little it meant to him. That's a clear scum mentality, public appearance concerns and selfish intentions.

Beyond that, not a bad post, just wrong.
I don't see how this is a response, except re: clarifying on Sal

Byers2142 posted:

So if I limit myself to the people with more than 1 vote, currently I know I'm town, I read Sal as frustrated town, I read Steak as scum and wish more people would, and have Rarity and Anmi in the wishy-washy area.

I disagree with the "high volume, no content" type label being put on Rarity; I just think she's wrong in a lot of her posting, and I don't know if it's bad reads or purposeful manipulation of cases.

Amni it comes down if town Amni would pursue Sal and stick to the scumslip like this. And yes, I think he would; I feel like I've seen Amni stick to things like this, well past the logical end, before.

I want to keep pushing Steak, would rather vote Rarity than Amni I think, and would vote Sal over myself. That's my thought process heading into tonight.
Bolded is real weird to me
got weirdly defensive when I was talking about not wanting to vote steak
overall I think Byers recent play is coming from an "anybody but me" mentality.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i skimmed pages 24 and 25, and im fairly sure theres nothing important there

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
sneaking suspicion alert!

hal scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw im not reading sal's posts. this is because they are just too long and i already think he's town

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak posted:

btw im not reading sal's posts. this is because they are just too long and i already think he's town

what

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##unvote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

they seem like good posts to read, but not before deadline

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ive made it to page 26 and wow its weird how hard byers continues to tunnel me lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Steak posted:

Wut?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

i think he saw the post you made multiple times and thought they were all different posts. this is the only thing I got

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rarity posted:

merk, why do you want me to need a magnifying glass to read your case?

lmao i was about to say that

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gumball Gumption posted:

Thank -god- I didn't miss joke phase.

my man im sorry to tell you.....

jokephase never ended

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted: