Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

Prisons and homeless shelters will issue each person their own toothbrush.

The people there (usually) aren't in a relationship where the implication is they'll be kissing and doing way grosser stuff already. I'm hoping they at least give the toothbrush a good cleaning between uses though...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Not related to anything particularly recent, but an evergreen for this thread:

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
AITA for not wanting my landlord to use my washer?

quote:

I admit I am a squeamish person in some respects. The situation here is that I am living rent free in exchange for taking care of an infirm relative. The other caretaker has his own washer and dryer, but is using mine (didn't ask, just asumed) to wash the patient's laundry, mainly bedding and incontinence pads. I don't know if this is a reasonable request or not, especially since "my" washer and dryer actually belong to the patient.

I feel like since the other caretaker didn't ask, that it's either not right, or it's a given thay I should let thenm use it. They did say they want to give their washer "a break" which sort of makes sense. Am I being selfish in not wanting them to wash things in the washer I use?

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Invisible Clergy posted:

I think so, but the only way to be sure is to google various combinations of the words "my little pony" "coming out" and "anal vore," so good luck.

Searching for the OP titles in this thread is like the main reason i switched my default browser search to duckduckgo.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for Calling a Guy Stupid after he made Assumptions about my Family of 19?

(sees title)
Oh, maybe OP is starting a family at 19 and doesn't appreciate people telling her she's starting too soon. That sucks

(reads post)
:catstare:

Your fertile womb is making Earth too loving crowded.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Not related to anything particularly recent, but an evergreen for this thread:

“Calm down. Breathe. This isn't the end of a beautiful love life that ended suddenly, this is the beginning of the rest of your goddamn life, and it's only going to get better from here. You're free. Realize that. This girl wanted to marry you, and she's willing to gently caress a dipshit guitar teacher behind your back?

You dodged a massive loving bullet, man. The really huge Super Mario kind with the eyes on the side, where you had to run and duck into the little divit to avoid shrinking. You did that. You got into that divit, and you're still super sized, and you can break blocks with your face. Now get out there and step on some loving turtles."

(apparently written by "TheRedEye" but I can't find the original post)

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not talking to my depressed co-worker anymore?

I'm glad this guy is going to therapy but him just staring at this lady waiting for her to finish her work is fuckin creepy as poo poo. Also the "making jokes about his genitals" what the gently caress

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

SomedoodIV posted:

Some places are downright evil with employee discounts, in his defense. I've heard of places tracking employee discounts hard and firing for it at the drop of a hat, so his apprehension is understandable, especially if it's a clothing store since they tend to be the worst.

I have a friend who works for Wesfarmers in Australia, they own supermarkets and a bunch of different retail stores. They're also infamous for being massive pieces of poo poo in every way to their staff. Just massive pieces of poo poo. Massive*.

They also have a staff card and you must present the physical card to get the discount. This being the 21st century, most people just want to put the card numbers into their phone and get on with their lives. But the company insists it must be the actual card - I'm guessing from people giving out the number to friends and family.

The company even have alerts set up in their system that tag any time a staff card is used so that some drone at head office can go and check the security footage for the transaction. If they get caught using a digital version of the card, that card is cancelled and the cardholder can get written up.

But, what's incredibly lovely is that the poor bastard who's working the register when it happens can also be written up if they don't notice it.

* massive

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

No, you should expect to be able to back up anything you put on your resume. If you say you're fluent when you aren't, and you lose the job as a result, too bad for you. Yeah it might suck if it isn't relevant to the job, but maybe don't put random lies on if they aren't gonna make a difference? But at the same time, unless the job actually requires the language, sending someone over to test their fluency is needless gatekeeping. ESH.

If it's not required for the job then why put it on your resumé at all.

Where I live, testing a job applicant's second or even third language aptitude (mostly English and French) is pretty routine. I suppose that in the US it's not very important but in a lot of countries it is and lying about it is one of the dumbest things you can possibly do since most offices will at least have one person on hand that is actually fluent in another major European language (German, Spanish, Italian or even Russian).

Simply put, don't lie on your resumé.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for not wanting my landlord to use my washer?

Is this person complaining that a caretaker is using their relative's washing machine to wash their relative's laundry? How do you even type that out and not think "Oh, yeah, I'm completely insane."

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Sunswipe posted:

Is this person complaining that a caretaker is using their relative's washing machine to wash their relative's laundry? How do you even type that out and not think "Oh, yeah, I'm completely insane."

There's for sure some strange wording here. What relationship does the other caretaker have in relationship to the infirm relative? And to call them your landlord when you are a family member caring for them without the exchange of money? It's like they know it's crazy but they are wrapping it in words to make it seem like his landlord is using his washer for pee!!!!

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Ralph Crammed In posted:

There's for sure some strange wording here. What relationship does the other caretaker have in relationship to the infirm relative? And to call them your landlord when you are a family member caring for them without the exchange of money? It's like they know it's crazy but they are wrapping it in words to make it seem like his landlord is using his washer for pee!!!!

I thought it sounded like the landlord is the other caretaker, who may or may not also be related to the patient. The OP says the landlord/caretaker has their own washer but it isn't clear if they live there too or if they have their own place. I'm guessing they have their own house which is where their washing machine is located, so of course they aren't going to cart someone else's laundry back to their place when there's a perfectly good washer right there. Which they presumably own if they're the landlord. I think you're right about the OP explaining it weirdly to make it less obvious they're wrong because this really makes no sense.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tarkus V2.0 posted:

I'm not sure but I think that's actually fair. I can't say I would ever claim to know a language that I didn't know. I can imagine that plenty of weebs would claim they know Japanese 'cause they know a few words or whatever and would put it on their resume.

However, I think that it's possible that if it's a language that the interviewer doesn't know and gets an employee to grade their knowledge, there may be reason for the employee to claim that the interviewee doesn't cut the mustard with the language so that they're not hired. Doubly so if the company is as cutthroat as it sounds.

There's an edit where the OP covers that basically, "We're not robots, if this is like an American trying to understand a thick Scottish accent they can say, "Well it's english but I can't really understand it. If it's an American trying to understand Jamaican English they can say it sounds like a dialect but I have no idea." The OP sounds like they have it put together.

In general I'm fine with that on a resume. Why put something on your resume as a skill you're bringing to the table if you aren't?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
AITA for wanting to see my son?

quote:

I (30M) had a girlfriend in college who got pregnant when she was 19 and I was 20. I freaked out and (wrongly) blamed her for everything, and said there was no way I wanted to be a dad. I said I would take no part in anything, wouldn’t sign the birth certificate and wouldn’t pay child support. My dad said I’d have to sign my rights away or she could take me to court for a paternity test and child support anyway. So I told her I was going to do that, and she didn’t fight me.

Fast forward to present day. I had an accident a few years ago that has made it impossible for me to father any children. This was a hard blow to my wife, and our marriage has struggled as I’m not willing to adopt, but she wants children. She knows I fathered a kid when I was younger, so I thought I’d contact my ex about seeing them and maybe my wife would be happy in a stepmom role. My ex said no, and when I protested she basically told me tough luck.

I said they were my kid and she said actually he’s not, I signed my rights away so I had no children as far as the law and she was concerned. My kid has a “real” dad, and a life, and I’ve never been part of it and I never will be. I was so angry I started yelling about taking her to court for custody and she wished me the very best of luck in that endeavor and hung up. I was venting to my brother and he said no judge worth his weight in salt would give me custody or even regular visitation after a decade of no contact just because I suddenly found myself sterile and wanted to appease my wife. I didn’t want a kid, so I don’t have a kid. He also said I’m not treating him like an actual person and did I even once stop to consider the fact he wouldn‘t even know who I was, only that he’d been forced to go stay with someone who didn’t want him. I got upset and stopped talking to him.

I shouldn’t have threatened to go for custody and I admit that, but people are acting like I’ve done the worst thing ever by even contacting my ex so I thought I’d ask, am I really such an rear end in a top hat?

Insert reaping/sowing.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA?? Toothbrush issues

The solution is to get an electric toothbrush and leave your head off and his on.

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for refusing to use my employee discount to buy my brother clothes???

The correct answer was "What employee discount?"

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for wanting to see my son?

Insert reaping/sowing.

I think of things like this every time someone tries to make the argument that men are treated so unfairly by the courts when it comes to family issues.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

pentyne posted:

I think of things like this every time someone tries to make the argument that men are treated so unfairly by the courts when it comes to family issues.

I didn't even think it was possible to just sign away responsibility like that.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Beachcomber posted:

I didn't even think it was possible to just sign away responsibility like that.
Why not? That's what adoption is. As long as the other person is willing and able to take on full financial and logistical responsibility for taking care of the kid, exchanging future support for not having to deal with the other person may well be worth it. Sounds like it was worth it here, imagine having to constantly chase this guy down to pay support, and then him coming back 10 years later and having a real potential claim on custody for the kid he hasn't given a poo poo about for a decade.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I have a friend who works for Wesfarmers in Australia, they own supermarkets and a bunch of different retail stores. They're also infamous for being massive pieces of poo poo in every way to their staff. Just massive pieces of poo poo. Massive*.

They also have a staff card and you must present the physical card to get the discount. This being the 21st century, most people just want to put the card numbers into their phone and get on with their lives. But the company insists it must be the actual card - I'm guessing from people giving out the number to friends and family.

The company even have alerts set up in their system that tag any time a staff card is used so that some drone at head office can go and check the security footage for the transaction. If they get caught using a digital version of the card, that card is cancelled and the cardholder can get written up.

But, what's incredibly lovely is that the poor bastard who's working the register when it happens can also be written up if they don't notice it.

* massive

this entire quote is true for walmart in the us except the actual physical card they dont give you one and when you use your number it logs it into the computer and if they see on the camera it isnt you or youre clocked in they are firing you immediatly.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Why not? That's what adoption is. As long as the other person is willing and able to take on full financial and logistical responsibility for taking care of the kid, exchanging future support for not having to deal with the other person may well be worth it. Sounds like it was worth it here, imagine having to constantly chase this guy down to pay support, and then him coming back 10 years later and having a real potential claim on custody for the kid he hasn't given a poo poo about for a decade.

It's not in the best interest of the child to deny them a source of funding. IIRC, someone has to take that responsibility if the bioparent is to be left off the hook.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My (19F) boyfriend (34m) didn't tell me about him having children

quote:

I found out through his ex wife messaging me on social media. We have been together for 3 months now. I have been to his house and I have him on social media and there were no signs of children on his social media accounts or at his house at all. When we met I really liked him because he was honest and I felt I could talk to him about anything. He is a nice guy and his wife treated him really poorly, he told me she cheated on him. They have been separated for 8 months, we have been together for 6. He moved out of the marital home into one of his bosses cottages at the mountain bike park he works at maintaining their vehicles.

TDLR: My boyfriend didn't tell me about having kids, is this a red flag or should I give him the benefit of the doubt?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Cowslips Warren posted:

Jesus Christ that last sentence. I know most of us go through a ‘stupid teenager who thinks they’re all grown up’ phase from 18-22 ish, but hoooly poo poo.

Odds on her staying with him for at least another year?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

wizardofloneliness posted:

I thought it sounded like the landlord is the other caretaker, who may or may not also be related to the patient. The OP says the landlord/caretaker has their own washer but it isn't clear if they live there too or if they have their own place. I'm guessing they have their own house which is where their washing machine is located, so of course they aren't going to cart someone else's laundry back to their place when there's a perfectly good washer right there. Which they presumably own if they're the landlord. I think you're right about the OP explaining it weirdly to make it less obvious they're wrong because this really makes no sense.

Looks like you're right. Someone asked where the other caretaker lived, and got the reply: "They live on the same property in a different house, and they have their own washer and dryer." It just makes no sense to be carrying laundry even next door when there's a perfectly good washer and dryer in the same house as the laundry. Too bad that OP doesn't want to use a machine that other people's laundry has been in. Christ knows what sort of breakdown they'd have if they had to use a laundrette.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Invisible Clergy posted:

WIBTA for reporting a guy who played me to his team for a drug test I know he'd fail?

quote:

He said he "didn't actually think I would show up since he hadn't texted me since we made plans." I felt like we had agreed on a time so I wasn't in the wrong for showing up, maybe I am.

I remember back when I was dating I got stood up by a girl who used that excuse. Wtf! Never talked to her again and good riddance, but seriously. I guess that's a big divide between people- those who think once you agree on a time & place that plans are set vs. those who think if you don't re-confirm (or have more conversations?) that they are clear to flake without mentioning it

edit: finished reading the post. She should just stop banging him. feel free to badmouth him if anyone asks. But getting him kicked off the football team? Thats uh, a bit of an overreaction to getting dumped from a months long hookuo relationship

Vim Fuego fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 24, 2020

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sunswipe posted:

Looks like you're right. Someone asked where the other caretaker lived, and got the reply: "They live on the same property in a different house, and they have their own washer and dryer." It just makes no sense to be carrying laundry even next door when there's a perfectly good washer and dryer in the same house as the laundry. Too bad that OP doesn't want to use a machine that other people's laundry has been in. Christ knows what sort of breakdown they'd have if they had to use a laundrette.
Yeah, if the washer is in good condition and being used properly it's sanitized, that's sort of the point. I definitely wouldn't want to carry laundry with urine on it outside and to another house when there's a perfectly good washer and dryer right there.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

It almost certainly isn't, and unless the OP is some rich failson who had his daddy get a shark of a lawyer to sort it out signing away parental rights doesn't absolve you of child support, neither does refusing to sign the birth certificate. That's like some sovereign citizen "that one weird trick THEY don't want you to know"

Ironically, if the raging man-boy who now insists he must have a child of his blood in his life wanted to try to get custody (extremely unlikely if the story is true) the whole matter of 10 years of child support is going to come due.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 24, 2020

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

snergle posted:

this entire quote is true for walmart in the us except the actual physical card they dont give you one and when you use your number it logs it into the computer and if they see on the camera it isnt you or youre clocked in they are firing you immediatly.

jesus I worked in a supermarket here in nz and they actively encouraged us to lend our card to family members to do their grocery shopping (probably because it's a guarantee that they're shopping at that supermarket)

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Beachcomber posted:

It's not in the best interest of the child to deny them a source of funding. IIRC, someone has to take that responsibility if the bioparent is to be left off the hook.
Someone does take on that responsibility, the other parent or the person adopting. Maybe the grandparents acted as surety as well in this case.

pentyne posted:

It almost certainly isn't, and unless the OP is some rich failson who had his daddy get a shark of a lawyer to sort it out signing away parental rights doesn't absolve you of child support, neither does refusing to sign the birth certificate. That's like some sovereign citizen "that one weird trick THEY don't want you to know"
Signing away your rights isn't "refusing to sign the birth certificate" or some other one weird trick. It's the other parent filing for termination of your rights and then you agreeing to that, and then the judge deciding it's in the child's best interest.

Child's best interest may be a high standard, but it's not an insurmountable one. If the mother wanted him gone and had enough family support to convince a judge they'd be fine without his support and disruption, and he agreed to that by expressing no interest in developing a relationship, then that could be enough.

https://www.familylawselfhelpcenter.org/self-help/adoption-termination-of-parental-rights/overview-of-termination-of-parental-rights
The actual reasons why it can be done are extremely broad and not hard to meet by a parent who wants to abandon their child, so if both parties are willing the only hurdle is "children’s best interest."

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I can't believe sharing toothbrushes is something anyone would do. To me it's like a step below sharing your dirty toilet paper with each other.

I mean, I've shared with a partner in an absolute pinch, but it's not a regular thing at all, it's "oh dang this is an emergency and well, I've eaten your rear end before so once won't kill me"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Cowslips Warren posted:

guessed 19 and 36. this thread has been very educational

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for calling my best friend “f*cking disgusting” in front of a potential roommate?

quote:

The first incident happened maybe a month ago, but my (18f) friend (19f) texted me last night that she was upset.

So a few months ago, my friend T started to look for a roommate/ apartment she can share in the town where her university is. Being a college student with a lovely minimum wage job, her search isn’t going all that well as every place she’s found is super expensive. A few months into the search, she found a girl within her price range willing to rent out half of her apartment, and they set up a phone meeting to get to know each other, talk over rules and expectations, the works.

So one day, T calls me in the middle of the day (we call each other a lot, so it didn’t really catch me off guard) and immediately leads with, “Be honest, do you think I’m a neat person?”

Now. T has lived with me before when we were like 16, and it was fine.... but her cleaning skills were god awful. She’d leave dried up food on counters and the stove, wouldn’t clean her side of the room (we shared), would use my hairbrush and wouldn’t clean out the leftover hair, and never cleaned the shower after she got done taking a bath. So, I was brutally honest, because what are best friends for?

“No, you’re loving disgusting.” I laughed to, y’know, not make it seem so harsh. She scoffed and said “Okay, be serious.” So I got serious and said “I am being serious, you’re a total slob.”

She hung up on me and I didn’t think anything of it. Thought she just got in her feels or was trying to prove a point and I didn’t come through. Until she texted me last night and cussed me out, saying I always ruin everything for her and never want to see her happy. Turns out, she put me in a merge call with the girl she was supposed to be rooming with, and when I confirmed that she never cleans up after herself, the girl took back her offer.

I feel like a total AH, but then again, I was just being honest. So, AITA?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If your “best friend” thinks you’re secretly always trying to ruin their life because you point out their bad habits, you probably need a new best friend!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for calling my best friend “f*cking disgusting” in front of a potential roommate?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I'm not sure what she was expecting.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
AITA for feeling that one of my family games is hateful towards a certain community

quote:

I’m not sure how to word the title but I honestly just want to know if I should stop being offended by little things as my dad says or if I should put a stop to my family’s behavior. I’m certainly confused, sorry if this is a more mild AITA.

So my family is I guess more in the upper class? More salary, good neighborhood, good education, I’m not sure how to explain it without seeming spoiled. They usually complain about less wealthy peoples things, like pointing at cars on the road that look cheap, those who use fast food, size of your house, your clothes, etc etc.

I don’t really agree with a lot of the things my family thinks, but I don’t really have to say anything. They talk about that stuff at home, or in a car, where people can’t hear it and even if it’s mean the people targeted aren’t affected.

However my family has decided to make a game whenever we are out and about, called “Hobo no hobo.” I’m not sure if this is actually an existing game, but it seems kind of screwed up.

It usually happens in the car, we’ll be at some sort of sign or stoplight and there’s somebody sitting on the side of a street. One of my family members would point and say “Hobo no hobo?” and go off and try to guess based off their appearance. I don’t think this is very respectful or fair towards the homeless person, as a lot of people living on the streets have been put in bad situations are may have some bad life choices.

(We live in a popular city so this game happens quite often, as the county does basically nothing to help.)

I followed my rule from earlier, even if it’s mean, disrespectful it’s not like the person is hearing it. But as we were heading home from dinner my dad said “Hobo no hobo?” Next to a man and his dog that had a cardboard sign saying something like “Money appreciated, god bless you.”

My mom looked like she didn’t want to do this infront if somebody, so she didn’t speculate about the looks this time. I felt really bad though, but I didn’t say anything.

I asked my dad about it when we got home and he said I’m overreacting about it and it’s not harming anybody. I then argued that it’s not super nice to do and making a game out of judging somebody by there looks is really stupid.

My dad did the thing where he raised his voice really loud and I didn’t challenge him any further.

I think my family is really mad at me and I feel horrible for trying to argue, but at the same time I feel like we just shouldn’t play the “let’s judge people’s looks off the clothes they wear and the haircut they have” game

I think I could be the rear end in a top hat because I’m probably talking to my family over something that doesn’t affect anybody at all, but it makes me feel weird when they judge other people.

I don’t know, honestly. Please be honest with me, I want to know if I screwed up.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

teen witch posted:

AITA for feeling that one of my family games is hateful towards a certain community

I know someone like this, ofc they were raised very Christian

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

teen witch posted:

uuuUUUUGGGHHH

The OP should just do the “hobo no hobo” thing to their own entire rear end in a top hat family whenever they look like poo poo. Dad just woke up? “Hey rest of the family, is dad hobo no hobo” mom’s hair all hosed up after the rain? “Is mom hobo no hobo”

These kind of selfish fucks cannot possibly emphasize with anyone else until they feel the pain. Then suddenly it becomes a great affront to them.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

AITA for eating my friend's $150 sushi boat and not paying her back for it?

quote:

My friend is having a birthday party and asked to use my place to host it due to social distancing, and my yard is larger than hers. She ordered some food to be catered/delivered to my place. The party was set for next weekend. Coincidentally, this is when I decided to get a new fridge since my old one was leaking excessively, so I'm currently without a fridge.

So yesterday around 5pm, someone comes to my house and delivers a couple things, including a large sushi boat that costs about $150. I'm a little confused because the party wasn't supposed to be yesterday, but I bring all the stuff inside, and call/text my friend that all this stuff was delivered. She didn't respond. I called a few times, trying to let her know that I have no fridge to leave the perishable items. She still doesn't respond. So around 8, when the sushi had been out for quite a bit by this point, I decide it's not worth just letting the whole thing go to waste so I texted her to let her know I was going to go ahead and eat it. I finished pretty much the whole sushi boat. She still hasn't responded to me by the time I finished eating.

She finally responded this morning, asking me if I deadass finished an entire sushi boat. And I told her yes because otherwise it would have gone to waste. She asked me if I would pay her back for the sushi boat so she could buy a new one for the party, and I told her no, it wasn't my fault that she placed an order for the wrong date and that I wasn't able to store the sushi, and that I gave her prompt notice and even texted her throughout the night, trying to get her to come pick it up.

She's now furious and even venmo charged me the amount for the sushi. Which I refuse to pay. She even tried to ask that I see it as her birthday present, but I don't budge. I'm honestly not a huge fan of sushi and would never choose to buy it for myself. I just ate it last night because it was out for 3 hours at that point, and I had no other way of keeping it safe until she responded, which I wouldn't have been able to anticipate when she would respond. But I guess I'd also be pissed if a $150 sushi boat was eaten by someone else. Idk, aita for eating the sushi boat and not paying her back for it?

Edit: she told me the stuff would be delivered next Friday, the day of the party. Not yesterday. So I was caught off guard

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

How long does sushi keep? I probably would have warned her and just let it sit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

DrManiac posted:

How long does sushi keep? I probably would have warned her and just let it sit.

If it's got a raw component, with no fridge? Not very long before it's not worth chancing. Cooked rice also doesn't last too long without being stored in a cool location.