Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mega64 posted:

The year after the Super Bowl they weren't as dominant without Shanahan of course, but they still sneaked into the playoffs despite being third in a loaded NFC South.
They also came very close to beating the eventual Super Bowl Champions that year in the NFC Divisional. It came down to one final play near the goal line .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Spoeank posted:

They had 1st and goal at the 10 down by 2, Detroit had no timeouts, they had one timeout, and there was 1:12 left

WHY NOT TAKE KNEES HERE, CALL A TIME OUT, AND KICK A FIELD GOAL I feel like I'm insane

No. You have to blame Gurley instead of the very smart coaches.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Better Than You posted:

They also came very close to beating the eventual Super Bowl Champions that year in the NFC Divisional. It came down to one final play near the goal line .

Also they made the playoffs over the Lions because the Lions got hosed over by a bizarre penalty that led to a ten-second runoff which screwed them from trying one last play to come back with. If anything the Lions' crazy win last week is the universe evening out from that other game.

Basically I'm saying Atlanta and Detroit should play at least once a season. It'd be a oneupmanship battle of ways to lose.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Mega64 posted:

Also they made the playoffs over the Lions because the Lions got hosed over by a bizarre penalty that led to a ten-second runoff which screwed them from trying one last play to come back with. If anything the Lions' crazy win is the universe evening out from that other game.

Basically I'm saying Atlanta and Detroit should play at least once a season.

Don't forget the Wembley game, where both coaches literally gave the game away at the end and the football gods shrugged and picked a winner.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

mightygerm posted:

Does Dak even come back to the Cowboys at this point?

Hanzus on yesterday's Around the NFL podcast, in the "terrifying thoughts" segment: "what if rather than paying Dak, the cowboys are tanking for Trevor?"

SKULL.GIF posted:

How do the Falcons keep doing this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjgH-6-mMGg

for real, though: the falcons will never recover from super bowl 51.

they will never come through in the clutch ever again.

if all you had to do to win THE SUPER BOWL was to call ONE MORE rushing play in 18 minutes of game clock, and you didn't do it, that's not something you come back from. They are lost forever.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

both former panthers and both positions the panthers need

just saying

So the Bills or Football Team are signing them?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Dolphins should definitely be in on Poe

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

It also looks like he's trying to stop and just has too much momentum. And there's no guarantee they score if he doesn't get in, and they couldn't win with a field goal. Pretty overblown imo

edit oh they were only down 2, so they could have won with the field goal. I guess you could miss it but that does make it worse

Would you rather lose on a field goal or whatever the gently caress that was that happened. If it's losing by missing the field goal then we wouldn't still be talking about it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Poe to the Ravens, the jokes would write themselves.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

So the Bills or Football Team are signing them?

Heh.

Could see the Chiefs kicking the tires on both guys, my nostalgia would love Dontari but he's the more expensive and more dead one.

e: Are we just assuming both make it through waivers? I guess that might not be the case.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 28, 2020

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mega64 posted:

Just a defensive tackle and nothing more

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Id say the Bucs would look at Poe since they lost Vea but McLendon looked really good on Sunday and that was with just one practice with the team.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Would you rather lose on a field goal or whatever the gently caress that was that happened. If it's losing by missing the field goal then we wouldn't still be talking about it.

In their position? i wouldn't give a poo poo. a loss is a loss.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

wandler20 posted:

Id say the Bucs would look at Poe since they lost Vea but McLendon looked really good on Sunday and that was with just one practice with the team.

GM Brady will probably take a look.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mega64 posted:

I have not seen many Ravens highlights. How often is the narrator like "It was starting to look like the Titans had the game in the bag, until the Ravens said NEVERMORE!"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lifespan posted:

I have not seen many Ravens highlights. How often is the narrator like "It was starting to look like the Titans had the game in the bag, until the Ravens said NEVERMORE!"

Thankfully I don't think ever, although I wouldn't be surprised if I've edited it from my mind

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

woah when did vince staples start playing for the jags?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Gonna laugh if the Cowboys defense improves somehow

gently caress I might die

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Just as an aside.

This is still active. God Bless!

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

pathers doing some uniform bullshit tomorrow night

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1321621892663574529?s=20

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Are they going as a better team for halloween

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Heh.

Could see the Chiefs kicking the tires on both guys, my nostalgia would love Dontari but he's the more expensive and more dead one.

e: Are we just assuming both make it through waivers? I guess that might not be the case.

there will always be the Bloated Tebow Pass, if nothing else...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The steelers had better be afraid for this sunday

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

The steelers had better be afraid for this sunday

Of blowing up the Ravens oline too often?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

sweet thursday posted:

Congrats, this made me choke on the water I was drinking.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the steelers are going to look very foolish effortlessly picking a lock that is securing no treasures

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Cavauro posted:

the steelers are going to look very foolish effortlessly picking a lock that is securing no treasures

maybe the real treasure was the fun they had

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

sweet thursday posted:

This was a very good post.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oh god what is the Thursday night game so I can choose either booze or my pain meds?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oh god what is the Thursday night game so I can choose either booze or my pain meds?

Falcons Panthers

Should be..... fun?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Finding out how the Falcons will gently caress up next is the quality television content I crave

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
The real kicker will be seeing the Falcons beat the Panthers in the most :psyberger: fashion.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

The real kicker will be seeing the Falcons beat the Panthers in the most :psyberger: fashion.

we already beat them so hard they fired quinn and dimitroff, it would only be appropriate

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Better Than You posted:

Finding out how the Falcons will gently caress up next is the quality television content I crave

I'm going with safety in OT :getin:

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists

Bellmaker posted:

I'm going with safety in OT :getin:

Who was it that made the prophecy of Miami-Cincy ending on an OT safety on TNF on Halloween?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

MD2020 posted:

I thought I saw same thing on highlights, but ESPN play by play had it as first down.

Maybe weren't sure if picked up first down on previous play?
I was wondering about the "get the first" part too and looked at the log:

quote:

3rd & 1 at DET 12
(1:12 - 4th) M.Gono reported in as eligible. T.Gurley left guard to DET 10 for 2 yards (D.Hand). FUMBLES (D.Hand), and recovers at DET 10.

(1:12 - 4th) Timeout #3 by DET at 01:12.

1st & Goal at DET 10
(1:04 - 4th) Todd Gurley II 10 Yard Rush (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. M.Ryan pass to C.Ridley is complete. ATTEMPT SUCCEEDS.
So they got the first down, Detroit already burned their time outs, and they're at the 10. The thing that stands out to me is the fumble, no clue how it actually looked, but in text form it just seems like a good time to take a knee or two and just kick the FG after that. If the goal was to not score a TD as instructed, you might as well do it in the safest way possible at that point.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Wow. That log shows the coaching staff hosed up. Morris should've recognized Detroit took their last timeout & they had the 1st down in a pretty comfortable field goal range.

I bet the fumble and the recovery kind of distracted everybody.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1321791975549362178?s=19

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
This picture of Jim Irsay looks like a slightly age progressed Hunter Biden. Striking similarity

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Buccaneers/status/1321791393388400640?s=20