Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

human garbage bag posted:

I don't see how it's possible to remain ideologically consistent when supporting both the abolition of the Senate and DC statehood.

You could be in favor of shifting to a more representative body ala a parliamentary system or something similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Flavius Aetass posted:

has cenk always been like this and i changed or

he's a leftist so yes he has always been like this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

MysteriousStranger posted:

If anyone is a liberal it's that loving guy

mythicknight
Jan 28, 2009

my thick night

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1363549049303932931

tired: space force is dumb and we should get rid of it

wired: space force is a national treasure and how dare trump take it away from a blue state

im still pissed he didnt call it the department of homeworld security

OPEN THE IRIS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/praisegodbarbon/status/1363861898903625728

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

human garbage bag posted:

I don't see how it's possible to remain ideologically consistent when supporting both the abolition of the Senate and DC statehood.

DC would have reps apportioned by their population in the House still.

So you could support ending the Senate but also giving them representation in the House

IDK I haven't thought too much about it TBH

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

MysteriousStranger posted:

what are you talking about

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Some Guy TT posted:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1363549049303932931

tired: space force is dumb and we should get rid of it

wired: space force is a national treasure and how dare trump take it away from a blue state

Huntsville has been a center of the US space program since the 50s, it makes sense for the Space Force to be headquartered there.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

uninterrupted posted:

libs have been poised to reclaim space force for a while. Netflix whipped up a whole show about how space force is actually awesome and the only problem was orange man bad, complete with Steve carell and John malkovich talking down to an AOC stand-in who thinks maybe we should feed people with that money instead

https://youtu.be/vRGgi6RXXQs

Don't forget the other big point: China Is Bad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Abolish states imo

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol she's going to withdraw her nomination to spend more time with her children, Franzia and Alexanax

:eyepop:

Clibanarius
Sep 22, 2020

by Athanatos

PostNouveau posted:

Abolish states imo

And nations, but we can start with the subdivision into states.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1363845960502280201?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

Don't forget the other big point: China Is Bad

sure we could feed our people, but what if china did space first????

literal cold war logic

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

mythicknight posted:

im still pissed he didnt call it the department of homeworld security

OPEN THE IRIS

That would imply protecting way too many brown people for their tastes.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

the post of damocles hangs over neera's head

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1363891310650945538?s=19

Is this some kind of jedi mind trick

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/despite-cease-and-desist-order-construction-on-controversial-mine-has-continued

NewsChannel5, Nashville posted:

Morris also called any continued construction a "willful violation" of TVA regulations.

However, in early February, NewsChannel 5 cameras caught work happening on the mine site. Despite the violations, the TVA said it doesn't have the authority to force construction to stop.

"TVA has notified VSG (Volunteer Sand and Gravel) in writing on two occasions to cease and desist the operation pending another permit application. TVA does not have authority to force the work to stop, but will continue to pursue permit compliance using available options through our process," A TVA spokesperson said in a statement.

Garcia worries the lack of enforcement will send the wrong message to other mining companies, and is now urging the TVA to take the company to court.

wow how could President Trump do this to us

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

they call him up all the time to ask him for things and he says no

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

PeterCat posted:

Huntsville has been a center of the US space program since the 50s, it makes sense for the Space Force to be headquartered there.

I mean, really if they're going all out with this stupid space force, and even giving it the star trek logo, they need to just go ahead and base it in san fransisco.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1363892343871537160

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mitt Romney here should be Bernie.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

indistinguishable from "the president will make many calls and have many meetings"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Biden admin wants this Neera nomination so loving bad for some reason. I can't figure since she's just some Hillary Clinton hanger oner that no one outside of leftwing twitter that hates her gave a poo poo about until a week ago when every useless blue checkmark desided she was the line in the sand worth defending instead of health care or covid payments.

I think she's gonna get in just because they seem to really have their honor tied to it somehow and will twist Manchin's arm.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

this made me tear up bc it's kind of a marker for the last time in my life I'd likely feel hopeful about presidential politics. :smith:

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

"the progressive left" = khive

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
At this point I just assume strange political commitments have something to do with covering up pedophilia.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

1stGear posted:

oh cool thanks for reminding of the last day i believed in a happy future

:respek: :smith: :respek:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Progressive is just another word for conservative democrat because they know no one outside of the upper middle class like conservative Democrats.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Willa Rogers posted:

this made me tear up bc it's kind of a marker for the last time in my life I'd likely feel hopeful about presidential politics. :smith:

that day of the Nevada primaries, I was driving my mom back from a doctor's appointment for her bad hip, and I was telling her "y'know, after Bernie wins, maybe we could visit [my sister] in California? I haven't been stateside since '98, and we can think about getting you and dad to migrate so you can retire somewhere nice"

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

"accomplished" "policy expert" lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Eggplant Squire posted:

The Biden admin wants this Neera nomination so loving bad for some reason. I can't figure since she's just some Hillary Clinton hanger oner that no one outside of leftwing twitter that hates her gave a poo poo about until a week ago when every useless blue checkmark desided she was the line in the sand worth defending instead of health care or covid payments.

I think she's gonna get in just because they seem to really have their honor tied to it somehow and will twist Manchin's arm.

I still think they want Rahm more than Neera tbh.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Willa Rogers posted:

I remember thinking "holy poo poo, we might actually be able to do this, this is insane"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

it kind of blows that the left is fumbling the message around Neera's blockage when it's a prime example of why it's a total waste of time and energy to bend over backwards to try and appease self-described moderates with right-wing policy

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

oh youre a neera tanden fan? name one accomplishment

In the Colosseum
Jan 2, 2008

They train young men to drop fire on people. But their commanders won't allow them to write 'fuck' on their airplanes because it is obscene.

Eggplant Squire posted:

they'll cut a deal to reduce the $1,400 to get manchin to vote for neera and he will switch parties after the midterm bloodbath

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grey Fox posted:

it kind of blows that the left is fumbling the message around Neera's blockage when it's a prime example of why it's a total waste of time and energy to bend over backwards to try and appease self-described moderates with right-wing policy

The message around Tanden's nomination is that it's extremely hilarious and all politics is spite

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

I remember thinking "holy poo poo, we might actually be able to do this, this is insane"

:smith::hf::smith:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Nothus posted:

It's not easy at all. Admitting one new state, much less two, disrupts the power structure in DC and every single Republican and Republican-appointee will rightly see it as a direct threat to their influence and fight it to the death.

they can just tell the republicans no and stop listening to them, but since the dems don't actually want to be in control long term they don't want dc/pr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006