Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

um excuse me, i think you missed that joe boden in the most progressive and kindly man in all of history and hes my dad and i love him

Beau?!

E: incredibly shameful snipe. Here's a cat freaking out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I love that if we were even dumb enough to accept the "Joe lifted half of the children out of poverty" line it completely ignores the other half of children who still are in poverty. Of course that whole distinction is arbitrary and stupid, I just think it's funny to imagine a firefighter getting indignant outside of a burning school and saying "what more do you want?! I saved half the kids!"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the most important takeaway imo is that it only looks at poverty in 2021

yeah, a $15 minimum wage that doesnt fully kick in for 5 years isnt gonna have a major impact in 2021

but also if you calculated the numbers for 2022 it would certainly show a massive return to poverty, and calculating another 5+ years would make it obvious that the minimum wage increase would have been the most impactful piece

dont worry though, im sure republicans will forget about this in 2022 and wont be running ads about child poverty doubling under biden

but that'd be bad faith!!! :ohdear:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

wow, it actually is THE herschel walker. hes gonna win on the name recognition alone

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What is the lib response to "what about the other half?" anyway? Have they even workshopped that yet lol

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gandlethorpe posted:

What is the lib response to "what about the other half?" anyway? Have they even workshopped that yet lol

What, do you think Trump would do better?!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

um excuse me, i think you missed that joe boden in the most progressive and kindly man in all of history and hes my dad and i love him

oh gosh, i'm very sorry. please be careful...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm sure it will end up being something along the lines of "vote in more Democrats to fix this oversight that the Republicans are stopping despite none of them voting for this bill anyway"

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Well he gave more people more money so thats not outside the realm of possibility.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

"one step at a time" / "blame republicans"

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

a Loving Dog posted:

wow, it actually is THE herschel walker. hes gonna win on the name recognition alone

Looking forward to Warnock rebranding as the Original Gator Hater

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

gandlethorpe posted:

Sounds like the left, always asking for everything all at once. You think they can just get rid of all child poverty all at once? It's not that simple, and we only just got 45 out of the white house. Why can't you be happy with the good things that are happening instead of trying to tear down the democrats who are working hard for you?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

thalweg posted:

Sounds like left, always asking for everything all at once. You think they can just get rid of all child poverty all at once? It's not that simple, and we only just got 45 out of the white house. Why can't you be happy with the good things that are happening instead of trying to tear down the democrats who are working hard for you?

Thanks, my BP just spiked

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

technically he did
average 'moderate' cost to feed aged 3-17 per month : $250 (ballparking here, doesn't really matter).
fda waived all food costs for all kids from mid march 2020-june 2021.
let's say it's $150 per month worth of food for that free food, although it's probably more. doesn't matter.
150*12 months = $1800 per kid

biden kid poverty plan = $1600 per kid per year. if you file taxes and there's no phaseouts and blahblah.

now this does ignore kids who were already on free food plans but its pretty clear trump did more, for longer, for everyone. oh yeah and since the FDA was smart enough to look the other way on parents grabbing extra bags of food for themselves, toss a few extra thousand in there per family. the problem, of course, is it didnt just show up in people's bank accounts and required them to go get it, but at the same time the food can't be gobbled up by debt collectors

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1370411955173912576?s=20

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

:rip:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/1370413686351921156?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Nichael posted:

Hey that guys your cousin

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Nichael posted:

Wow I hope this isn't implying Joe has an issue keeping family healthy and alive

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

what about the other 15%

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a helpful bear posted:

Wow I hope this isn't implying Joe has an issue keeping family healthy and alive

I wouldn't call it an issue, as the preponderance of Biden family deaths has been nothing but a delightful career boon for the President.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

sexpig by night posted:

what about the other 15%

eh gently caress em they're rich

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
15% of the american population is like almost 50 million human beings by the way

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I may be dumb on math there but I'm pretty sure it's around the moderate double digit million figures anyway which is a poo poo load of people left out of the most progressive legislation ever!

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
With Ducklo dead and the checks late and small, what's the democrat's current plan for avoiding a shellacking in the midterms?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Vim Fuego posted:

With Ducklo dead and the checks late and small, what's the democrat's current plan for avoiding a shellacking in the midterms?

embed bates

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Nichael posted:

:wrong:

Sanders wanted to do $2,500 checks. Monthly.

oh well i'm sure bdien ain't that bad rofl

It doesn't matter what he said. You can't be for $2.5k checks monthly while actively supporting and campaigning for Joe "can't keep my family alive, much less the USA" Biden.

And he totally forgot about sailor.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

giving away the game with the "pay the rent" part here, because the money will go straight into the pockets of the creditor class

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Mayor Dave posted:

master bates

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Vim Fuego posted:

Their plan is to drive head first into the shellacking so they don't have to govern and spend 8+ years fundraising as the minority party

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Nichael posted:

I wouldn't call it an issue, as the preponderance of Biden family deaths has been nothing but a delightful career boon for the President.

thanks to covid, biden truly is america's dad

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Organ Fiend posted:

It doesn't matter what he said. You can't be for $2.5k checks monthly while actively supporting and campaigning for Joe "can't keep my family alive, much less the USA" Biden.

And he totally forgot about sailor.

I don't even think Sanders would've embedded Ducklo's corpse.

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Douglasreber/status/1370413802706018306?s=19

lol this poo poo

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

eh gently caress em they're rich

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

sexpig by night posted:

15% of the american population is like almost 50 million human beings by the way

it's a good thing Biden beat Trump by more than 50 million votes

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

embed bates

he is a master at politics

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/hunterw/status/1370426196958310402?s=20

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lol her and TJ Ducklo, 5-star couple this

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

RENT IS MORE THAN $1400 BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

where are the barbells