Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

extremely based 7th grader lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what's cave syndrome when u still have to go into work every day lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hell yeah

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lacrosse posted:

I lost a ton of body weight years ago and the one thing they don't tell you about that is how perpetually thirsty you are

poo poo man try being married for 16 years, am i rite?!

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I haven't worked in a year, outside of taking care of relatives which doesn't count. Maybe I have forgotten how to work?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I do not like to go to work

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Iron Crowned posted:

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

jarofpiss posted:

well i just got an email saying my sword i tried to buy in march is now backordered until september. i think buying anything is impossible right now

I got my respirator and filters pretty easily. I don't think anybody else is buying them.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

If you don't like to have to spend your time in pointless meetings looking like you're paying attention instead of doomscrolling with your camera off, you may have CAVE SYNDROME

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Iron Crowned posted:

The NEET is the most advanced form of human you can be. Embrace evolution and become the Homo Unemployian.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
once again scientific american wrenches back the floorboards and shines a halogen lamp to reveal a mass of hissing goons

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Lacrosse posted:

This Saturday my close friend will be 2 weeks out from her last Pfizer shot. Her husband hasn't gotten vaccinated yet so she wants to come hang out at my house instead of me going over there. It feels weird to say yes, but then I remember everyone else is just Living Their Life. Two fully vaccinated friends hanging out in my backyard isn't going to be a problem but my brain needs some convincing.

They just opened a shake shack down here in Beaverton, OR. The line was 50-deep on a Sunday afternoon, so you might have to make it a full day trip.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

also, side note: is it so unusual to watch millions of people die of a completely preventable disease and also feel pretty bummed out about it, and maybe... not want to go out?

like if covid disappeared tomorrow i would not go out to celebrate. i would stay inside and mourn because imho people dying is bad

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

cash crab posted:

also, side note: is it so unusual to watch millions of people die of a completely preventable disease and also feel pretty bummed out about it, and maybe... not want to go out?

like if covid disappeared tomorrow i would not go out to celebrate. i would stay inside and mourn because imho people dying is bad

Yeah, but it's possible to be sad and spend money at the same time

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Lacrosse posted:

this is also considered a symptom of a mental illness sometimes tho.

many sides.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

cash crab posted:

Pouring out an Applebee's Puckertini ($2 for 10 on Wacky Wednesday tm) out on the sidewalk with a mask on to mourn those we've lost..... safely

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

cash crab posted:

iirc there's a commedia dell'arte lazzi of "weeping uncontrollably whilst eating ravenously". Perhaps Americans simply enjoy practicing this time-honored comedic form at their local Applebee's (safely)

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

cash crab posted:

i would stay inside and mourn because imho people dying is bad

Absolutely psychotic. Seek help.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Lacrosse posted:

https://youtu.be/cZX8-ETX0pI

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If you think about it, integrated schools are basically slavery

https://twitter.com/SamBraslow/status/1389358836864090112

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Business Gorillas posted:

Pouring out an Applebee's Puckertini ($2 for 10 on Wacky Wednesday tm) out on the sidewalk with a mask on to mourn those we've lost..... safely

endless apps tuesday, to celebrate the endless demise of our neighbours and loved ones

safely

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

cash crab posted:

i see you don't "get" being american

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

there's definitely a type of person who would step over their own mother's dead body to go eat in a restaurant or drink in a bar and they write for every major media outlet

jarofpiss posted:

if you die from the gym you go to valhalla

that makes Jon Pall Sigmarsson Odin

he deadlifted so hard his heart exploded

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

HAHAHA I FOUND IT

this comic was from 1992 when word got around that he was trying to settle down

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 02:22 on May 4, 2021

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1389372491936763907?s=20

uh huh and what other obvious factor

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

i wonder why :thunk:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Agrajag posted:

i wonder why :thunk:

we may never know

captainbananas
Sep 11, 2002

Ahoy, Captain!

why loving bother writing or publishing the article in the first place? It has to be emotionally and even physically uncomfortable when your ideology compels you to "trust the data #science" while also prohibiting you from acknowledging anything inconvenient that those data suggest.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
This is hell on earth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrefKeWuNpQ

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Hm, I wonder why people might be wary about returning to a society that constantly proved over and over again the past year that it doesn't give a single poo poo about them. Add it to the DSM! "doesn't wanna pretend that nothing happened syndrome"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Rhesus Pieces posted:

lmao they’re really gonna do it, they’re gonna make it a mental disorder and make you get therapy for it

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1389241103812026369?s=21

still waiting for the danger to recede

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Lol we have more cases than we did back then but sure it's vaccination.

captainbananas posted:

why loving bother writing or publishing the article in the first place? It has to be emotionally and even physically uncomfortable when your ideology compels you to "trust the data #science" while also prohibiting you from acknowledging anything inconvenient that those data suggest.

This is called cognitive dissonance

Rectal Death Deft
Jan 10, 2020

by Nyc_Tattoo

Google Butt posted:

what's cave syndrome when u still have to go into work every day lol

that's called anxiety

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Bullfrog posted:

"doesn't wanna pretend that nothing happened syndrome"

Even better thread title

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

yep, don't know why i continued watching past the two-minute mark but i really regret it

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

quote:

Maryland will pay $100 to state employees who are fully vaccinated

To receive the payment, workers must provide proof of their vaccination to their human resource departments and agree to receive booster shots recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention over the next 18 months.

“We strongly encourage businesses across the state to consider offering incentives to their workers as well,” Gov. Larry Hogan (R) said in a statement.

Accretionist has issued a correction as of 02:57 on May 4, 2021

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

cash crab posted:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

e: nvm, that was dark news. my point is gently caress applebee's

cash crab has issued a correction as of 02:58 on May 4, 2021

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

AK-47 posted:

So I'm full of slut juice and have to fly in mid-May, what's the most protective mask I will be able to get past TSA? can you rock an elastometric on planes or will I need to do like a KF94?

I had to fly in February for fieldwork. TSA doesn't care. One pass through, they had me lift up my mask to check for a bomb. One agent pointed at me, and exclaimed, "Now that's a mask. That's the only one that protects you!" The crux is the airline letting you on the the plane...most don't like valves, so they forbid your cloth covered elastomeric despite people taking off their cloth masks on the plane to eat the entire time. I flew out of Eugene (small airport), and Allegiant let me wear it after I explained how it worked to the workers at the gate. Alaska in Vegas forbid it, and I had my last N95 to wear as backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Do you think that on month four or five of the blitz, a bunch of people were like “well it can’t possibly still be happening” and started going back to normal? What was wrong with the people that didn’t?