Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

But when I say it, they ask me to leave the school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

DarkEuphoria posted:

Ok but what if your cave syndrome has been going on longer than the pandemic?

also, caves are good. they keep you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. who doesn’t like caves?

word, not sure what the problem is

I like this cave and I don’t want other people to come in and screw it up. I’m happy in my cave. my cave is great

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

i don't know what else to say other than the antimaskers/antivaxxers/deniers should have their heads rapidly approaching the blunt side of a baseball bat

edit: don't know why the CNN reporter has to be so hostile to the people in charge there, it ain't like they can loving help it with the lack of resources

Shipon has issued a correction as of 03:22 on May 4, 2021

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Has anyone compiled a Ron Desantis list of extremely awful poo poo

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah, but it's possible to be sad and spend money at the same time

I like to mourn over a plate of unlimited breadsticks

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shipon posted:

i don't know what else to say other than the antimaskers/antivaxxers/deniers should have their heads rapidly approaching the blunt side of a baseball bat

edit: don't know why the CNN reporter has to be so hostile to the people in charge there, it ain't like they can loving help it with the lack of resources

yeah seriously you see these videos of anti mask idiots protesting our freedoms and it’s insanely juxtaposed by the cnn video of some poor Indian woman flatlining in a ward that is hellaciously understaffed and crammed full of people experiencing miserable suffering

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009

Lacrosse posted:

Yeah, but it's possible to be sad and spend money at the same time

i thought the great depression was the opposite?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe there were some liability concerns and it was probably too late anyways, but don't tell me that woman from CNN and her video producer with her don't know how to do proper CPR enough to explain it so someone via a translator, that woman's family was clearly trying to perform CPR but had no idea how it was done besides the idea that you press on the person's chest.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

pillsburysoldier posted:

Has anyone compiled a Ron Desantis list of extremely awful poo poo

did everything in his power to prevent felons from regaining the franchise. thanks to trump’s appointments to the 11th circuit, he was successful.

obfuscated the number of cases and total deaths from covid.

signed legislation into law that criminalizes protected first amendment activities.

refuses to actually go to the state capitol. does everything from a gated community in polk county.

had state police raid and arrest a data scientist who tried to accurately report covid numbers after firing her.

signed into law a ban on transgender student athletes from participating in school sports at all.

gave billions in tax breaks to businesses while foisting the cost on regular floridians.

this list is far from exhaustive.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

hey uhhh anyone notice rideshare being $$$ lately

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

https://twitter.com/sciam/status/1389261094959583236?s=20

If it’s in scientific American, it’s science* sorry

* science, america-style

quote:

Teo says there is a type of distorted thinking that maybe things will be better later. “Based on what we understand about immunity and the variants coming onboard, quite the opposite is true,” he adds.

:thunkher:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i actually have knave syndrome and can often be found in the company of drunkards and wastrels

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Thoguh posted:

Every single one of these articles always talks about people not wanting to get on airplanes or eat indoors at restaurants and presents it like there is no way these people aren't complete shut ins because there are obviously no things people could do that aren't either total isolation or an Applebee's suck and gently caress.

"Re-entry anxiety" was entering the lexicon even as NYC was getting slammed last year. We're really not set up as a society to accept deviations to the routine at all and it's not at all acceptable to a lot of people that anyone might want to ditch their commute or do things at home.

tbh I don't find this kind of stuff nearly as creepy as the fact that even liberal governors are starting to echo the "why won't people take these jobs?" rhetoric from small business owners. We're reaching a point where wages are actually too low to coerce many workers back to certain jobs and business owners won't pay more, and nobody is going to side with the workers. We're going to starve people back into slave wage jobs so that the unemployment number can go down and business owners will stop complaining.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

drat kids so bold they don't even say 'in Minecraft'.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Really going hog here. Wawa is only offering a mere $75 vaxx stimmy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I gotta say at first I was sand bagging it because I figured it was my second dose and I could take an easy day just for that but it's been 12 hours since my shot and I feel like a sack of absolute garbage.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
I got suspended on Twitter for very unsurprising reasons after someone explained why communists are at fault and fascists are blameless on a morbid India news tweet

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I gotta say at first I was sand bagging it because I figured it was my second dose and I could take an easy day just for that but it's been 12 hours since my shot and I feel like a sack of absolute garbage.

Buckle up, we don't see you for a while, friend. Go get lots of sleep. Sleep all day. Bring your water bottle, phone, and thermometer to the bed.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

so I guess that article is implying that you should get your suckin and fuckin in before fall

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Happy Thread posted:

Buckle up, we don't see you for a while, friend. Go get lots of sleep. Sleep all day. Bring your water bottle, phone, and thermometer to the bed.

I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep. I'm guessing downing some NyQuil isn't advised.

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

I will never make the mistake of trusting this society again

it is worthless, riddled with rot

on a related note, what are this thread’s thoughts on seeking routine dental care as a vaxxed person with unvaxxed household members right now?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/gravelinstitute/status/1389380749254615044?s=21

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
tbf joe biden doesn't remember saying that, or many things

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep. I'm guessing downing some NyQuil isn't advised.

It's gonna be a weird day or so. Try some Bob Ross or mst3k vids

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

I used a Unisom tablet (Doxylamine) but there's similarly Benadryl capsules sold for sleep purposes.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Yeah sorry buddy, it’s probably going to be a pretty rough ride. You’ll be good in another 24 or so

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Insanite posted:

on a related note, what are this thread’s thoughts on seeking routine dental care as a vaxxed person with unvaxxed household members right now?

We're just going to chance it. It's one roll of the dice and the dentist should have decent PPE and air flow control. If we see unmasked people in the vicinity of the room we're peacing out though.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

The night after my dose was just 8 hours of closing my eyes wondering when the sleep thing was going to happen. Good luck, ride the lightning.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's gonna be a weird day or so. Try some Bob Ross or mst3k vids

There's no way I could have handled videos during it. Too headachey/sore to think.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
I recommend posting through your symptoms

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Insanite posted:

Go for it. Good dentists take crazy amounts of precautions since they knew they couldn't hide behind "wear a mask to protect others" and knew they'd be getting full face roni blasts

Heck I'd bring the whole family if you can find one like I did that had separate rules for households - standard policy was to wait 15+ minutes between patients for air to change over with their filter setup, but they didn't see the point of doing that with families - you can basically get more money to to the good dentists this way since they can see more patients just as safely

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Seeing the dentist is good, teeth problems suck poo poo, also dentist offices seem pretty easy to read if u call them and ask about their precautions

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

what a dumb rear end in a top hat.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I tried playing video games but anything 3D is right out.

watching baseball is fine though. soothe me boring sports game.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Death By The Blues posted:

Well no idea how accurate but mobs in West Bengal are running around murdering BJP members. Which eh.

oh well, alls well that ends well

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
born on a mountain
raised in a cave
staying away from covid
is all that i crave

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

Insanite posted:

i vetted my potential dentists and found one office where all the staff claimed to be vaccinated

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

are indian mobs still exterminating fascists? would be good to see that continuing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I think its 100% clear that the new variants are significantly more contagious among children