Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Sandwolf posted:

Voodoo pretty explicitly told me he wouldn’t. So I’m still kinda suspicious there, but I can also see town not wanting to risk bringing a day kill into LYLO.

You also shot my mason partner. Like I have some dignity.

But mostly yeah not going to charge you when you say it does nothing and you could be lying scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I said this explicitly last night, maybe even before sombers flip. Is there a reason you didn’t say something then.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Guess I’m dumb as poo poo lol

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Guess I’m dumb as poo poo lol

OA did you get any sort of message about us charging you night 2?

I assume not but was wondering.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Nah didn’t get anything

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##vote random

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

##unvote

OA is already voting there. Hmm

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

.random posted:

GGN vs. Mr. F, I am ok with voting either, but with a preference for Mr. F. GGN has lurked way harder, but Mr. F decided to break his lurk to first vote me without sharing anything in the thread, just within an unconfirmed mason-chat, which doesn't feel nearly as pro-town, and then votes Sandwolf on a supposed scum slip.

--

GenericGirlName posted:

Yea that reads weird on a reread.

I meant to compare and contrast someone else strongly claiming mason involvement VS somber’s soft claim that seemed reasonable @ this moment.

.random posted:

Hm. I actually disagree. The original soft claim came out as a way of “verifying” the cop, which seemed - without a counter claim forthcoming - not really needing any confirmation. To me, as I said in my vote D1, that sounded more scummy because it was a free way to curry favor and “confirm” a basically confirmed cop
--

GenericGirlName posted:

I'm definitively calling Somber's claim more townie, but I didn't think your mason claim w/ binus was sus enough to be a scum play, maybe just a weird town play thats Too Smart For Me. Just because I compared them both in one post doesn't mean I think 1 has to be a town play and the other a scum play.

.random posted:

Ok, can you please explain why? This is reeeeeeeeeeally confusing to me.
--

.random posted:

I am trying to wait for some further comment from the lurker. We're nowhere near deadline. But fine, I will lodge my suspicions as a formal vote ???

##vote: GGN

(Does the day end when 7 votes is reached? Or will it only end at deadline?)

.random posted:

You know what, screw it, looking through your post history is like nothing but posts on how scummy I am, without voting me.

I’m not in a rush to end the day, so here, have your OMGUS:

##vote: OA

.random posted:

I’ll do it.

##vote: GGN cuz it’s been like 23?? hours since her last post.

This doesn’t mean I don’t think your constant naming of me while not voting me isn’t scummy OA.

(Also, technically speaking, I guess my vote for you wasn’t OMGUS because that would imply you actually had voted for me at some point)

.random votes GGN pretty early and engages with GGN a couple of times. It kind of looks manufactured, but I'm not 100% sure.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Random only votes GGN after being prompted to by me and GGN was the easiest bus in the world, it was obvious they’d given up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

I know im going to instantly die for saying this because that's just how this game is but the push on DKG feel mushy like a push on town that scum are Okay with jumping on. (yes, this is when MERK says 'GODDAMIT SEE HOW HARD IT IS YOU ALREADY WANNA UNVOTE AND ARE SOFT DEFENDING HIM)

Sandwolf imo, does do a lot of weird probing as town and he usually wants to figure out the night action game before the thread naturally gets to that point. I've seen it before and noted 'SCUMMY SANDWOLF PROBES', in other games when he turns out to be town. SO I'm not really picking it up Bif, though I think your concern is legitimate.

I think I've totally flipped my position on my imaginary binary of scum on my vote earlier, I think that if DGK is acting like resigned scum it is buying me over, and other people have correctly articulated how I feel about Random and also say its scummy so I am partial to that.

Toalpaz posted:

scum are dancing circles around us, posting their poo poo in thread. Putting a bunch of false lunches on the stand. This is BS BS I say.

##vote merk

Toalpaz posted:

I think this is the best path, I'm more worried about merk and random on GGN than Sandwolf on Merk.

---

Toalpaz posted:

The only reason why I'm sure something is going on with the GGN vote (a lot of bussing) is because the IA nk doesn't make a lot of sense otherwise.

What does this mean then? That strong town players on the vote are actually scum or in the pockets of scum. That's either bif and b- for me or merk.
--

Toalpaz posted:

I'm pretty sure Merk jailed me last night. I tried to doc bif believe it or not.

Toal has a lot of questionable stuff this game, but these jump out.

1. Toal's reason to vote me over GGN doesn't apply to me at all.
2. Toal's vote puts it at 4/4 me vs. GGN
3. Toal's point about bussing of the GGN vote combined with the IA kill not making sense doesn't follow up on any analysis of what IA is saying.
4. Toal jumped to me jailing them as an excuse for why Toal didn't protect Bif.
5. Toal really isn't explaining why people are scum. They are just tossing reads out.

Setup spec makes me think there isn't a Scum Jailer/Roleblocker after the charge depleter flipped.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Random only votes GGN after being prompted to by me and GGN was the easiest bus in the world, it was obvious they’d given up

Yeah, I might vote there. .random has a really manufactured tone when you read it in isolation.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I assumed the charge depleter was a scum counter to the charging masons rather than a roleblocker? I think it’s totally possible that scum still have a roleblocker of some type

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I’m just not seeing any logical reason why scum would claim doc and then claim to be jailed last night, I guess it could wifom this until my head turns inside out but I just don’t see it

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ObamaAkbar. posted:

I’m just not seeing any logical reason why scum would claim doc and then claim to be jailed last night, I guess it could wifom this until my head turns inside out but I just don’t see it

Yeah, it doesn't make a lot of sense. Even claiming Doc in the first place doesn't make much sense as scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I also do not think Sandwolf is scum with Voodoo. If they are scum together, good show of semi-distancing in the thread.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think it's .random. That feels right, a lot of which is on tone and writing style.

##vote .random

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote random

.random
May 7, 2007

Not everyone is an English major, merk :(

Tbh, I at least appreciate OA’s consistency. This is kind of coming out of nowhere for you, merk.

WIFOM I know but it does strike me as at least a little suspicious that the biggest cheerleader for merk being scum was taken out last night.

You were also pretty convinced / convincing about somber (which I joined the vote on, admittedly).

I guess I’m just saying you are good at running the game, but that doesn’t make you town.

But I am sure I am getting lynched today anyway.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Do I just hammer here and end this

It’s probably merk and OA isn’t it? Feels like they’re here doing a full court press.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

This probably isn’t lylo right?

.random
May 7, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Do I just hammer here and end this

It’s probably merk and OA isn’t it? Feels like they’re here doing a full court press.

Idk. I am actually shocked Toal hasn’t voted me by now considering our... troubled past.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
listen, I've wanted to vote random for a while and its spooky to see everyone vote random but gently caress it ##vote random

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

welp lol

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
honestly wouldn't have done it without b- on the vote. but MEH. Probably a mistake and its merk and SANDY

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Now the group's combined bloodlust is reaching it's peak. There is a goddamn Goa'uld on this base and you'll stop at nothing to get it out. Even resorting to preying on a little old lady. The civilian who restarted the whole stargate program. You descend on the octagenerian looking for payback. Who cares if her old heart cant take a blast from a zat. All that matters is getting the base's security back under control

She goes down in a heap calling out for her paramour Ernest. Then her eyes flash.

Catherine Langford played by .random Goa'uld-aligned Charging Blocker has been executed D4.

Please get in all actions within 24 hours or they will be forfeit.
The thread stays open at night, feel free to chat.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

gently caress yeah that rules

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

.random (4): ObamaAkbar., Sandwolf, Sandwolf, merk, b-minus1, Toalpaz
merk (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): .random, Sandwolf, Voodoofly

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is May 06th, 2021 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 7 hours.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Voodoo charge me lol

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

.random posted:

I’m trying to figure out why Toal fake claims being jailed here, merk. It doesn’t do very much that claiming to protect <yourself or anyone else> does.

This is probably probative of something

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Anyway it’s probably random ##vote random

I don’t think it’s toal. If sandwolf can confirm that voodoo charged him last night then I’m inclined to believe it’s not voodoo as scum seem to have killed and blocked/jailed last night

OA how did you decide it’s probably random?

I can’t tell if this is suspicious because of how little talk there is or more legitimate

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

But all that aside, it’s probably Voodoo.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Sandwolf posted:

OA how did you decide it’s probably random?

I can’t tell if this is suspicious because of how little talk there is or more legitimate

I’ve been saying it’s random all game lmao. Just read his post history

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
gently caress. Yes.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Well bif and I had a plan to stick with a four person town team of me, her toal and Obama. Even though bif is dead, I’m glad the three of us were around to dunk a scum.

It’s gottta be voodoo. Like seriously lol it can’t be anyone else. I’ve had a town read of merk and sandwolf for pretty much the whole game.there’s no one left. If voodoo is alive tomorrow I will vote him

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I was voting random day 1. I specifically asked people to look at him and everyone ignored me. Hell I told merk point blank to look at him and he just went "it's bad, I'm voting Mr. F, not explaining"

I then was voting random at the start of day 3 until merk started calling me scum for "not analyzing him"

If you think I've been bussing random all day I have no idea what to tell you, because if there was one player who was actively ignoring random until today it wasn't me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Who’s last scum ya think then voodoo

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Also well done. You all should play more during my work hours so merk and I don't fight.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Who’s last scum ya think then voodoo

merk

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

or maybe you?

after bif died I was pretty on board with "merk and random" or "toalp and sandy" as the two most likely combos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You could charge me tonight?