Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

my gun fucks me :mad:

my tiny dick isn't that tiny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat This Glob posted:

she was cia though

She was with the OSS stateside during ww2. Please don't besmirch the honorable name of Julia Child

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

OK baizuo posted:

She was with the OSS stateside during ww2. Please don't besmirch the honorable name of Julia Child

sorry bud, she was also stationed in Sri Lanka and China during the war and was senior enough to have access to all messages the stations received.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 53 minutes!
now do Roald Dahl

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

i say swears online posted:

stop by the texas d&d thread, it's like 20% arguing about kolaches

i like kolaches, but jelly rolls are

i used to take em as payment for dressing gators that local morons killed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Check this out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
N

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zedhe Khoja posted:

i like kolaches, but jelly rolls are

i used to take em as payment for dressing gators that local morons killed

the holy gently caress is this

looks like if a fish had a loin roast

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
I think that is a gator tail

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
if you debone a gator tail what your left with is a big piece of meat that looks like a big fish filet, and then two tapering tubes which I used to describe as being “like” the filet but I think they might actually just be the filet. pound em out a bit, skewer them, and baste with a Thai peanut sauce.

e: skinning and deboning the fuckers is a pain. It's easy if they bring you the carcass whole because you can use an airpump to strip the entire hide, but usually they've already taken a stab at dressing the lizard themselves and mangled the skin or worse, just lopped the loving tail off.

Zedhe Khoja has issued a correction as of 14:14 on May 5, 2021

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zedhe Khoja posted:

if you debone a gator tail what your left with is a big piece of meat that looks like a big fish filet, and then two tapering tubes which I used to describe as being “like” the filet but I think they might actually just be the filet. pound em out a bit, skewer them, and baste with a Thai peanut sauce.

e: skinning and deboning the fuckers is a pain. It's easy if they bring you the carcass whole because you can use an airpump to strip the entire hide, but usually they've already taken a stab at dressing the lizard themselves and mangled the skin or worse, just lopped the loving tail off.

that skin still sell pretty well if you get it off in good shape?

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Epic High Five posted:

that skin still sell pretty well if you get it off in good shape?

not even remotely worth the effort to sell it. if your doing it as a proper business maybe but as an opportunistic occurrence no. you want the skin intact because the way you skin it involves blowing them up like a balloon and tears interfere.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

wow avocado oil is legit, huh

i'm an evangelist for it now, but only when there's a coupon

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So are we getting the secret recipe or nah??

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005
Probation
not for a bit because smythe melted down in the trmp thread

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it was a secret receipt btw

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

avocado oil is good but hardly ever worth the cost

If you're feeling fancy about high temp get peanut oil, if not, corn oil

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah i need to spring for the big bucket of aceite de cacahuate, i wish it came in liters/quarts instead of gallons

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Zedhe Khoja posted:

or worse, just lopped the loving tail off.

I used to see this all the time growing up in Florida. they just cut the tail and leave the rest of the gator on the River bank. really just awful.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

i say swears online posted:

it was a secret receipt btw

Oh then who cares

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I used to see this all the time growing up in Florida. they just cut the tail and leave the rest of the gator on the River bank. really just awful.

im intensely distrustful of all gators after playing rdr2

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pizza night! tonight i tried out a white pie using homemade ricotta/egg as a base, topped with halved green olives, sauteed mushrooms, rosemary (homegrown), blanched rapini (homegrown), and parmesean. generally speaking i don't like to brag on myself but this loving rocked, god drat that was good and i crushed literally every aspect

feels good to do at least one thing successfully once in a while

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

spacemang_spliff posted:

A 1:1:1 fish sauce:water: sugar with some sriracha is a good sauce for like egg rolls or whatever really is pretty good

1:1:1 Oyster sauce, sriracha/chili paste, something sweet is my famous Three Bottle Sauce. The oyster is important, soy isn't a good substitute since you want the stickiness. Bring your favorite medium heat. The sweet varies. Honey works, but my favorites are a good Thai sweet chili sauce or a mango chutney. I mix this up in the stir fry pan with some of the oil to bring the flavors together. It's also amazing with dumplings or anything else that will take a salty-sweet-hot sauce.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Top 3 Herbs:

Cilantro > Tarragon > Dill

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
no sumac and no long pepper and no cardamom
thats 0 for 3 i'm afraid you get a zero on this exam brahsky

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Tofu press coming today, ready to do tofu right after apparently doing it wrong for years

Should probably learn to pickle things. Pickled jalapenos are the best and it's probably nice to look at a shelf of various things and think "these will be good for years maybe, probably"

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
eh they probably shouldn't be there longer than 6 months. also go wild with your pickles. like a plant product? pickle it.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
also don't be afraid to experiment with different kinds of vinegar and spice mixtures. I had a pretty good batch of green tomatoes in balsamic vingar that were pretty good on sandwiches

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why does every recipe demand refrigeration? Isnt the whole point of picking to avoid that

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

fridge pickling, pickling and canning, and fermented pickling are all different methods

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
pickling is meant to get produce to the next season not the next decade

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

sigh, guess I'll just have to keep casting my produce in bronze for truly long term preservation

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

how economical is a home freeze drying operation?

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

The Voice of Labor posted:

how economical is a home freeze drying operation?

it would be very expensive, freeze drying requires a cold near vacuum and takes weeks

that's why even at industrial scale, freeze dried products are expensive

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dustcat posted:

it would be very expensive, freeze drying requires a cold near vacuum and takes weeks

that's why even at industrial scale, freeze dried products are expensive

I don't think it would be possible to do at home

you have to freeze it, then maintain a vacuum while keeping it cold enough that the water is sublimating and not thawing and then evaporating, so you have to also monitor all kinds of poo poo

IDK about food but when I worked at a pharma plant that made freeze dried antibiotics, the freeze drying chambers were 2 stories tall, and like most of that was not taken up by product in the chamber

it would be cool though

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
*stealthily opening a locked drawer and glancing in to confirm that the secret recipe is till there, undisturbed*

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Smythe posted:

*stealthily opening a locked drawer and glancing in to confirm that the secret recipe is till there, undisturbed*

U fucker you said you had a secret receipt, what's your game here NextDoor-SA mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

i don't believe smythe possesses a secret recipe at all, it's all a scheme to pump up the value of his tesla stonks somehow