Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1514617574759096321?s=21&t=y_aKUo33j1r2Qfc6HpT4SQ

did they actually loving take his offer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

for the record i sincerely hope i'm wrong about him just doing another pump and dump and he shackles himself to that dumb as poo poo platform that makes the world worse

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao if Twitter actually dies

it’s terrible but sort of useful

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I’m glad Musk will kill Twitter

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Trying to imagine a diverging world where the SEC actually did something and got this fucker in 2018. Maybe TSLA wouldn't undergird the entire financial system. I certainly would have never heard of Grimes in this alternate reality, post Divergence.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Being boss of Twitter won't stop him from getting dunked on. Jack gets dunked all the time. The only difference is that Musk wants to personally ban everyone he loathes.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The DOJ has similar jurisdiction as the SEC and also does nothing

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

euphronius posted:

Schefter and Shams wouldn't have careers anymore, so maybe it's a good thing!!

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

gschmidl posted:

Anyone who wants Trump back is irrevocably broken in the brain.

I want Trump as a twitter poster and idiot distraction, not with actual power. Seeing him bungle through every possible ritual was amusing at least.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

guys Grimes wants us all to be clear on one thing: elon musk basically lives below the poverty level, he's just like you or me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Unban Trumo

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ben shapino posted:

guys Grimes wants us all to be clear on one thing: elon musk basically lives below the poverty level, he's just like you or me

id prefer he were below ground level

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Robo Reagan posted:

id prefer he were below ground level

This isn’t a threat, Robo Reagan wishes Elon success in his new underwater cave torpedo coffin

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Twitter is trading at the exact same price it would be if I made a buyout offer of 54.20 this morning instead of Elon. This guy has to be fuming lol.

edit: hahahahaha

Woke Mind Virus has issued a correction as of 16:50 on Apr 14, 2022

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Lastgirl posted:

This isn’t a threat, Robo Reagan wishes Elon success in his new underwater cave torpedo coffin

i agree with poster Robo Reagan, Elon Musk should be inspecting every boring company tunnel and hyperloop for maximum safety

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Elon crash test dummy

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
lol at spending 50 billion dollars so you can post slurs on the internet

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i really hope that twitter actually follows some of musk's stupid ideas. it'd be great if the company was destroyed.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gone away is the blue bird, here to stay is the n word

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
Matt Levine's take is still my favorite
https://mobile.twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1514549976910770182?cxt=HHwWjMC9hb_L4YQqAAAA

He literally wrote a column yesterday saying Musk won't do it.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

*the year is 2029, Trump begins his third term*

me bitterly: this never would have happened if Musk didn't unban Tomrp

Tesla-driving liberal: well free speech is important, and the Left was destroying the economy

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

NightGyr posted:

Matt Levine's take is still my favorite
https://mobile.twitter.com/matt_levine/status/1514549976910770182?cxt=HHwWjMC9hb_L4YQqAAAA

He literally wrote a column yesterday saying Musk won't do it.

A very intelligent man who understands his industry.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

*the year is 2029, Trump begins his third term*

me bitterly: this never would have happened if Musk didn't unban Tomrp

Tesla-driving liberal: well free speech is important, and the Left was destroying the economy

me looking in window at you: haha, yes! yes!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

i'm pretty sure the shareholders will have to vote on the offer

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the milk machine posted:

i'm pretty sure the shareholders will have to vote on the offer
speaking of

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1514635408264646663?t=GU_P4w5XXUW3ZqmSj8zTOg&s=19

He owns like 5%

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I've been watching the first season of Succession and I realize 'hostile takeovers' and boardroom coups are kind of fascinating

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

I've been watching the first season of Succession and I realize 'hostile takeovers' and boardroom coups are kind of fascinating

All the rich white folks are arguing and then whoever is best is going to win a kiss from daddy

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

synapse posted:

Twitter is trading at the exact same price it would be if I made a buyout offer of 54.20 this morning instead of Elon. This guy has to be fuming lol.

edit: hahahahaha

lol yeah this is the magic free market going :jerkbag:

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

daddy elon, frantically pumping, working up a real lather as market urghhhs and strains but dump is unavailable

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

oh goodness yes. please pick a fight with saudi billionaires

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

we must deploy starlink to sanaa

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Shifty Pony posted:

gonna lol if he attempted to pump and dump his 9% and ends up having to actually buy twitter

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Shugojin posted:

gonna lol if he attempted to pump and dump his 9% and ends up having to actually buy twitter

We may not want to discount the possibility that he may, in fact, be a madman with a lap cat.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

pedo guy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

infernal machines posted:

oh goodness yes. please pick a fight with saudi billionaires

I crave this now
Billionaire slap fight

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Twitter is at Nextdoor and Facebook levels of discourse when it comes to local news stories now. Every story about crime has 10 replies about how cops need to implement a curfew and imprison more gang bangers. Every story about police killings gets 10 replies about how it was a good shot and the cops were justified.

Put it out of its misery.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

Twitter is at Nextdoor and Facebook levels of discourse when it comes to local news stories now. Every story about crime has 10 replies about how cops need to implement a curfew and imprison more gang bangers. Every story about police killings gets 10 replies about how it was a good shot and the cops were justified.

Put it out of its misery.

its good for sports news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/maniadrone/status/1514645376199970823