Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
what utility flask? cuz it's probably not necessary, but it's also a ~14% boost to your phys ehp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Does anyone know how much the rare ele mobs debuff your resists by? Trying to figure out how much I need to overcap to be safe from that +/- ele weakness.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Larry Parrish posted:

Yeah lol. 5 automatic utility flasks when you have poo poo regen sounds insane, and it would be without auto-flasks. I need to get the less degen damage mastery and some max res, but I'm basically immortal unless a big hit chunks me, or there's no adds to feed my leech, life on hit, or flask charges. I can't afford it yet but a +1 curse hunter chest is gonna be critical I think to run the flask charge mark.
Here's a very stupid question: Should I still bother coming anywhere near the resist cap before flasks? It feels like a waste since I can still just, hit 123 and have the huge resist bump from all my flasks, but I wasn't sure if it's something weird going on with how they actually interact with the game. And most of the video guide is just about setting up the flask system and timing your totem drops for single target.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Here's a very stupid question: Should I still bother coming anywhere near the resist cap before flasks? It feels like a waste since I can still just, hit 123 and have the huge resist bump from all my flasks, but I wasn't sure if it's something weird going on with how they actually interact with the game. And most of the video guide is just about setting up the flask system and timing your totem drops for single target.

Dude I have like 20% base elemental resists and I'm slightly negative in chaos. Sometimes it's a big problem, because I die the second an elemental flask is off, basically. But my charge gain is so hideous that it's only a threat in prolonged boss fights where most of my charges come from the utility flask mastery, or in a nasty drought bringer situation. My resists with flasks and a random ele res suffix is about 160, which afaik is more than enough to overcap even when exposed by mobs. I think people generally frown on res capping with flasks, but it's mostly not a problem. The rares make the game so rippy that I expect to die once a map no matter what, so sometimes dying an extra time because of awkward timing or unlucky rolls is fine.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To iterate on my previous thoughts, I think Uber Maven is by far the easiest of the new bosses. I legit do not know if it's possible at all for me to do Uber Searing Exarch reliably because the SP server craps itself over.

I think it's easier to show when it's helping instead of when it's not helping, so,

https://i.imgur.com/qeCk0EC.mp4

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

If you have rock-solid defenses uber-sirus isn't too terrible. Surviving anything sirus himself actually does is doable. My build can eat his beams all day and actually gain ES by doing it. The major ways to die are
1) Getting surprised by the mid-fight storms in the phases prior to the last.
2) Failing the meteor (easy to fail in the lase phase) and not blocking it. The maze is much harder in uber mode.
3) Standing in all of the sometimes hard to see ground degen in the last phase.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 26, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

victrix posted:

Does anyone know how much the rare ele mobs debuff your resists by? Trying to figure out how much I need to overcap to be safe from that +/- ele weakness.

generally 20%, though there are some mobs that cast much stronger levels of curses (like sea witches casting level 51 vuln or something), though high level curses don't actually scale very much

Elentor posted:

To iterate on my previous thoughts, I think Uber Maven is by far the easiest of the new bosses. I legit do not know if it's possible at all for me to do Uber Searing Exarch reliably because the SP server craps itself over.

I think it's easier to show when it's helping instead of when it's not helping, so,

https://i.imgur.com/qeCk0EC.mp4

tfw the server is just like 'fuckit i give up, who knows'

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Filthy Monkey posted:

If you have rock-solid defenses

About that

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
you have lag shield and the rocks are passing through you, if that's not 'rock-solid defenses' then i don't know what is :colbert:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I took a swing at my first Uber fight tonight and tried Eater and got obliterated. Turns out you shouldn’t do these blind!!!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Herstory Begins Now posted:

you have lag shield and the rocks are passing through you, if that's not 'rock-solid defenses' then i don't know what is :colbert:

When the meteors have Phasing.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Granstein posted:

I play a lot of FFXIV, and they recently went from a three month patch cycle to four, and as much as I love having four leagues a year I really think it might be something for GGG to consider with the state they've released some stuff over the last year or two. I'm sure that isn't realistic given the monetary hit, and even with the complaints I still love the game, but this fuckin patch was clearly not ready to come out of the oven.

I quite agree with that. I feel like specially this "fire and forget" attitude they have about updating the leagues is quite detrimental to the game.

e: this league in special, they already announced that further changes to AN will only come in 3.19 when it's clear that a lot of the balance troubles seem to be due to either lack of testing before release or more likely, they simply not addressing problems that the testers found.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 08:41 on May 26, 2022

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Elentor posted:

When the meteors have Phasing.

I would love to know what the server thinks is happening there

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Elentor posted:

How do I change from my garbage ascendancy to the one where you drop two mirrors a league

Hey, okay! So, my guide is ready. It didn't involve sentinels. It also doesn't involve mirrors, but something just as good, a mageblood belt.

Anyway, so what you want to do is, run delirium mirror maps all day and then, on a map, on one of the first mobs, have a heavy belt drop. "Oh a heavy belt, haha, that could be a mageblood. Let's check and be disappointed," you say to yourself.

Then you see that it's a mageblood and get really excited.

Anyway, that's my guide. See you all next league for some more "how to be lucky as gently caress" guides from me!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pigbottom posted:

I quite agree with that. I feel like specially this "fire and forget" attitude they have about updating the leagues is quite detrimental to the game.

e: this league in special, they already announced that further changes to AN will only come in 3.19 when it's clear that a lot of the balance troubles seem to be due to either lack of testing before release or more likely, they simply not addressing problems that the testers found.

I really like my build but I'm tired of ripping to archnem wombo combos lol. What's with them giving up on patching the game two weeks in. It's like they only have 2 guys actually working on the live game and oops we need to reassign them to coding particle effects for the next gacha box.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

totalnewbie posted:

Hey, okay! So, my guide is ready. It didn't involve sentinels. It also doesn't involve mirrors, but something just as good, a mageblood belt.

Anyway, so what you want to do is, run delirium mirror maps all day and then, on a map, on one of the first mobs, have a heavy belt drop. "Oh a heavy belt, haha, that could be a mageblood. Let's check and be disappointed," you say to yourself.

Then you see that it's a mageblood and get really excited.

Anyway, that's my guide. See you all next league for some more "how to be lucky as gently caress" guides from me!

Instructions unclear; ended up with a mageblood anyway.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Hot take: after all these nerfs, if you still die to archnemesis all the time, its you and not the game

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wuxi posted:

Hot take: after all these nerfs, if you still die to archnemesis all the time, its you and not the game

you're a dipshit

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I really like my build but I'm tired of ripping to archnem wombo combos lol. What's with them giving up on patching the game two weeks in. It's like they only have 2 guys actually working on the live game and oops we need to reassign them to coding particle effects for the next gacha box.

They've nerfed them four times already, not sure what else you want. There's no indication that they've "given up patching" when there was one two days ago. I think they're pretty reasonable now but I'm playing on geared characters so what do I know.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I could really do with them revisiting the weighting on Toxic, Magma Barrier, and whatever that other resurrect-and-be-annoying-for-a-few-seconds archnem mod is, playing spammy-rear end orb dodge (with bonus "run away from corpses and come back later for loot") really just highlights how some of these affixes make sense when you're fighting one of them, but oops, most of the past-league content out there is "here's blues and yellows to fight"

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Ok I've found an issue with PConc. It's basically RF lite.
Temptation to try golems/afk blight mapping rising...

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wuxi posted:

low effort trolling

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
The archnem mods have been mostly fine for a couple patches now, this league is just rippy as poo poo if you're using sentinels

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Yeah, I'm finding the Sentinels are causing me more grief than the Archnemesis mods, although some combos of AN mods can be brutal (Consecrator + Gargantuan can go gently caress itself; kinda out of buttons to throw a Frost Bomb in my setup for the time being).

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

dyzzy posted:

If that's tooltip RF damage, I'm at like half of your DPS and still think this is a pretty fast build lol

Oh god no. My tooltip RF damage last time I checked was somewhere around 300k+ but that was before I went crazy spending 50ex on the already pretty geared build.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Wuxi posted:

I've been thinking about this a lot, lol. I play softcore and really like building defense. every build I've done in the past few leagues has had determination, molten shell, spell suppression, grab some +max res, have an answer to shock and chill, and ~6500 life

my inquis is using tempest shield, sap and chill ontop of this and I have never ripped so much. the mods on archnem seem more manageable now (I won't miss the days of old rares having nutty overlaping auras). the combat with archnem isn't that interesting or easy to suss out. heralding minions and storm guys spawning under me just annoys me (I dunno lower the cooldown?). often I don't really know what's going while half my life disappears suddenly. I can't see half the dots on the ground that are killing me. or some cracked out guy runs at me faster than I can react/move/ran out of flame-dash. or I'm slowed by two or three difference sources while dodging juiced dude. or it's just a random guy more resistant to my build so I just kinda sigh and know it's gonna take longer to kill while it auto attacks me.

I think there's a handful of interesting archnem mods, like magma shield, arcane buffer, or that weird older mod that charges up a fireball. someone commented this league is great for people who "like bossing" which is me. bosses with pretty well communicated attacks and areas of "this poo poo is bad". but now I gotta slug through achnem which makes feel terrible at the game but I didn't know about the 4 different debuffs (except the incredibly annoying slow).

I dunno. my relationship status with poe is now "complicated". I do have faith GGG will sort it out eventually but definitely not this patch. maybe the lack of balance changes have really compounded the focus of my experience being "archnem is not really fun"

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
My favorite mob is still the crazy crossbow mob that had a combination of mobs where it was able to stunlock me because of my block. It was pretty much laying down suppressive fire to protect the rest of his friends and killed me 3 times. I respect that.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
You should be able to get enemy mtx so it just looks like you're only ever fighting various varieties of the vaal oversoul

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Papercut posted:

The archnem mods have been mostly fine for a couple patches now, this league is just rippy as poo poo if you're using sentinels
yea lmao. sentinel giving "juice up this already spooky rare dude" button was maybe not the best way to introduce the rare mods rework

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

External Organs posted:

You should be able to get enemy mtx so it just looks like you're only ever fighting various varieties of the vaal oversoul

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The interaction with sentinels is where I’m having issues with AN yeah . Vanilla they seem ok now

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Zmej posted:

yea lmao. sentinel giving "juice up this already spooky rare dude" button was maybe not the best way to introduce the rare mods rework

Also altars. I've only played one character all league and I'm still only 92 lol because every other map I end up stacking like 8 altars and using sentinels on an entire expedition and ripping 5 portals

I do think they went too far with the downsides on altars, they were way more fun last league

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

euphronius posted:

The interaction with sentinels is where I’m having issues with AN yeah . Vanilla they seem ok now

There should be a node thats like only empowers normal variety monsters, can empower 50% more monsters.

Like the one that's like it can only empower rares, wtf is that

In other news I feel like I'm sort of hitting a wall in t7-10s with my current scuffed build, albeit I am still on a lovely 5 link, don't have my final ascendancy etc. But I haven't found poo poo for drops! Probably about 30c but I've spent them on a new decent wand and algor mortis. May post my pob later so someone can tell me what I should focus on first.

I should probably fix my flasks.

External Organs fucked around with this message at 16:02 on May 26, 2022

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

External Organs posted:

In other news I feel like I'm sort of hitting a wall in t7-10s with my current scuffed build, albeit I am still on a lovely 5 link, don't have my final ascendancy etc. But I haven't found poo poo for drops! Probably about 30c but I've spent them on a new decent wand and algor mortis. May post my pob later so someone can tell me what I should focus on first.

I should probably fix my flasks.

go into delve, hit stalker sentinel at the beginning of the path between nodes, get like 5c of currency with potential for big big drops to sell, every time, very low risk

it's not pretty, it's not enormously lucrative by juiced t16 standards, but if you've only found like 30c it should increase your currency reserves by a lot

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 26, 2022

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Jazerus posted:

go into delve, hit stalker sentinel at the beginning of the path between nodes, get like 5c of currency with potential for big big drops to sell, every time, very low risk

it's not pretty, it's not enormously lucrative by juiced t16 standards, but if you've only found like 30c it should increase your currency reserves by a lot

Hmm, this seems like a good idea. I've not touched delve at all yet. Thanks for the tip!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Heist used be a good currency farming league mechanic too but I wouldn't recommend it with the archnemesis mobs

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Do you guys trade your stacked decks or just open them up?

I feel like they used to be worth more..

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
So my plan now this season is to go after a chase item (mageblood). I have my atlas spec'd for shrines, boxes, and excursions with enough points in eater of worlds to pick up the chance at double points towards the 28 maps for token. I made close to 7 ex yesterday including the 2 raw ex drops and 1 ex worth of shards from haggling. 7 ex in a day is probably an outlier though.
Right now I think a big part of my income is from trading cards and random 10c stuff I find and dump in a sell tab. The stalker sentinels that have chance to offer a specific reward are really great.

I'm thinking about maybe buying more excursion logbooks and running those but 40c is probably the break even point for profitability if I'm gonna target scythe for haggling. I could potentially target gamble lady to roll for mageblood and other high priced items.

I also thought about going all in on heist but that would require a bunch of research since I've only spent one previous season getting max level and doing a few big heists before going back to mapping.

I also thought about setting my atlas for favorite maps and targeting atoll or strand and just farming eater of world tokens since they are about 1ex each. The problem I've had a few days ago is that even targeting a few maps as favorites just wasn't sustaining maps but that might require some more adjustment to the atlas for map drops. I'd also have to give up seeing cortex/guardian/shaper/elder maps for frags.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I know every option is going to be super saturated by others doing a better min/max job than me, but I'm only interested in being able to make meaningful progress towards a mageblood.

Jazerus posted:

What's a big big drop in delve or do you mean the sentinel drops? So far my delve monies are selling the 4 socket things and one gem fossil but I can now do lvl 83 mobs in the 150 level range so my options have opened up for targeting any and all nodes instead of just the azurite.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

External Organs posted:

Open. I think I got The Scout off of one, so worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

External Organs posted:

My theory is always open them

It won't change my league experience to have a little more pocket change from selling them

But the league that I got a Doctor was definitely a lot more fun of an experience