Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Comstar posted:

Gentlemen, the moment has clearly arrived.

Post the date Twitter is sold or folds.

My pick: August 3rd, 2024.

The Fattest PI posted:

Sold on April 20th (huehue get it le memes, still got it elon), 2024

madmatt112 posted:

April 20, 2023

Ubersandwich posted:

June 25, 2023

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

November 10th, 2022

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

e: More seriously, I'll say January 1, 2023. Never underestimate Musk's ability to fail in hilariously epic ways.

Convex posted:

I'll take Monday the 7th of November

edit: 2022

Hasturtium posted:

What the hell. Christmas Day, 2023.

Discount Dracula posted:

Dammit! Claimed. Ok, April 1, 2023 :hai:

Beartaco posted:

June 30th 2023.

deoju posted:

Oct, 28th 2022

Rigel posted:

March 28, 2024

Fabulousity posted:

June 21, 2024

duffmensch posted:

April 20, 2023

Entorwellian posted:

September 6th, 2023

FrumpleOrz posted:

February 14, 2023

Mal-3 posted:

I'll take some of that action. August 6, 2023. Memorializing one nuke with another.

Propaganda Hour posted:

June 16th, 2023.

This is a pro click

Unlucky7 posted:

Anyway, I will go with September 9th, 2023

Endorph posted:

ill take january 1st, 3000 BCE, bob

Thundercracker posted:

April 1 2023. I would've picked 2024 before this week.

Saving this batch so I don't have to go through it when Elon inevitably turns the main Twitter DB server into a gravity bong and nukes the site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

October 28, 2023, a full year but no more

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

PhazonLink posted:

doesnt Wario, a 30something also creep on the underaged(17) yearold pizza delivery girl? maybe warioware timeline wario is bad and we should only remember wario land 1 platforming/ brawling wario.

"Is Wario A Pedophile" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Craig K posted:

"Is Wario A Pedophile" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate,

yaldabaoth has at least 15k posts in that thread

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

yaldabaoth has at least 15k posts in that thread

:eyepop:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Twitter going down for good is going to make reading old forums threads an absolute trip. Remember when Waffleimages went down?

Mods can we run a query to see what % of forums posts made since Twitter embeds started working contain an embedded Tweet?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Twitter going down for good is going to make reading old forums threads an absolute trip. Remember when Waffleimages went down?

Mods can we run a query to see what % of forums posts made since Twitter embeds started working contain an embedded Tweet?

That's more an astral question, which now that I've said his name...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pj4dLiwsAw

:tinfoil: always watching....

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

December 28th, 2022, somebody will break something in the dead zone between Christmas and New Year's Eve, nobody will know how to bring it back.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

That Simpsons bit where all the kids go outside to play because their TVs no longer work but it's Twitter and Elon is Krusty coming out to an audience of no one

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
September 15, 2023.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
i love how regressive culture warriors are just soaked to the bone in their flavor aid.

like the chud ceo of the recent media company mergers canceling all those sjw cartoons to focus on "middle america" and reality tv show poo poo.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Jet Jaguar posted:

December 28th, 2022, somebody will break something in the dead zone between Christmas and New Year's Eve, nobody will know how to bring it back.

people think dead man's switches are a thing people implement, but I'll tell you after working in manufacturing for 10 years, a dead man's switch can be literally anything

there was a lock/tag in my old plant that was 15 years old when I worked there and the dude quit 2 years after he locked it and nobody knows what it does.

all it takes is a contractor.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

EvilJoven posted:

what are the odds this ends up with this idiot just taking his ball and going home and shutting down Twitter?

Sadly there's no way he does this, he lives off the high of attention, negative or otherwise, way too much.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if twitter spirals enough he would get more attention for shutting it down than he would on it

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe
Hello Seth, I would like to choose December 12th, 2022 as the date birdsite flies into a window, ty

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

June 18th 2023

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.
March 30, 2023

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

deoju posted:

I know you from the NHL threads for the last 15 years. You are still cool in my book. You posted a hi rez image of Maxim Talbot's celebration after his cup winner for me.

You're welcome! It's nice to be remembered for things like that and not The Incident at the old mill

Is it too late to pick April 1st, 2023?

Deus Ex Macklemore fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Nov 5, 2022

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
9th Nov 2022

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 5, 2022

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/growing_daniel/status/1588646816085868545

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
Sept 11th 2024, never forget

In reality I expect it to never actually die and just limp along a shadow of it's former self like all other social media that have passed their prime. And I'm not confident that elons ego could ever let him sell at a loss.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Squibbles posted:

In reality I expect it to never actually die and just limp along a shadow of it's former self like all other social media that have passed their prime.

This is the actual answer, I assume it'll just turn into something like myspace that just kind of zombies along forever as a legacy site that nobody cares about but is unable to actually die.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Squibbles posted:

Sept 11th 2024, never forget

In reality I expect it to never actually die and just limp along a shadow of it's former self like all other social media that have passed their prime. And I'm not confident that elons ego could ever let him sell at a loss.

Yeah we need to define at what point is it dead. I mean Yahoo died but somehow it isn't completely dead even till this day. What's the break point?

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
July 27th 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
March 3rd 2023

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lol watching Elon backpedal on moderation in an effort to keep advertisers and pissing off the same rabid base of fuckwits that inspired him to buy twitter is better than anything on TV

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

smoobles posted:

lol watching Elon backpedal on moderation in an effort to keep advertisers and pissing off the same rabid base of fuckwits that inspired him to buy twitter is better than anything on TV

:emptyquote:

Throwing my hat in for January 7th 2023. Why? Idk

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
you love to see it, elmong memeing himself to own the .. the, wait a sec..

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

August 14, 2023

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

April 20 2069

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Yeah now this thread rocks!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ben shapino posted:

April 20 2069

:five:

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

its the sex number and the weed number

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

The top replies on his posts have like 300-1000 likes - with a couple burner accounts each this thread could easily bump something into the top 5-10 replies on each of his tweets.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

The top replies on his posts have like 300-1000 likes - with a couple burner accounts each this thread could easily bump something into the top 5-10 replies on each of his tweets.

how about no

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
No one wants to guess it croaks on election day, so I will do it, November 8th 2022.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

I lol'd

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Release all the DMs before closing up shop Elon.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Release all the dms except for the dms I have with egirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!
I'm going for the any% twitter death speedrun: November 31, 2022.

Specifically:
1. Musk losing his poo poo when his $8 plan implodes causing him to post racist slurs at celebrities.
2. As a result, every brand pulls out except for Uncle Racism's pillow factory.
3. He fires all his remaining staff in a rage for not implementing his vision correctly.
4. His ego won't let him admit any of his actions have been a mistake and he tries to puppet master his way through until some key infrastructure fails that he can't fix.