Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh but I see "vote for the person who is getting us out of jokephase because playing mafia is suspicious" is something that never goes out of fashion

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm a town power role, I will break scum team with my night action mafia.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

saladscooper posted:

They hoard all the grain

The only real reason to vote an today.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

if you're confirmed town you get to wear a sash that reads "TOWN4REALZ" and overall it's a lovely little ceremony

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

:cloudnine:

Congratulations to the happy couple.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh but I see "vote for the person who is getting us out of jokephase because playing mafia is suspicious" is something that never goes out of fashion

For sure!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

idea for a role: double cop. investigate two players, only return SCUM if both players investigate as scum. this makes a miller pro-town.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

put that in your notepad for next game ecco

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

seriously. I accept people don't agree with me but c'mon

Look I’m sorry I saw through your attempt to grab hold of the narrative and lead the sheeple around with your nanometer wide “case”, but my vote is now parked on you for the rest of this day. You should look deep inside yourself and reconcile this fact

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Hal Insandenza posted:

Look I’m sorry I saw through your attempt to grab hold of the narrative and lead the sheeple around with your nanometer wide “case”, but my vote is now parked on you for the rest of this day. You should look deep inside yourself and reconcile this fact

I can't lead for poo poo, and have never pretended to be able to do that. I stated my opinion on something sticking out and voted with it since it felt pretty clear this time unlike a lot of other times I've had pings. Show me a good case that isn't just OMGUS if you got any, the day is young.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote neverhelm

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I can't lead for poo poo, and have never pretended to be able to do that. I stated my opinion on something sticking out and voted with it since it felt pretty clear this time unlike a lot of other times I've had pings. Show me a good case that isn't just OMGUS if you got any, the day is young.

I'm wiseing up to your thinly veiled nefariously attempts to conduct town to misexecute. No more leading me around, I am not a sheeple. I'm ungovernable meen and I won't fall for this ploy. ##vote meen

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

b-minus1 posted:

##vote neverhelm

i believe in the prophesized neverhelm scum game

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
what did meen do again that has people up in arms

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

saladscooper posted:

what did meen do again that has people up in arms

He mixed up Evita and Aida

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'd be fine with the claim if there weren't anything attached to it. Saying "I don't get how to play this" for someone who's almost certainly at least seen a miller in action before is ???

I'll engage with this- if this were scum faking miller, why also fake cluelessness?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
light ping from sporkchan's early vote. accepting the offer of tribute is one thing but the post feels overly justified. wouldn't vote over that though

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

anyone who is actually able to "play mafia" in a game this big should be eliminated because they are either (1) scum and faking it or (2) "smart" and "competent" and we shouldn't have that sordid element about anyway

##unvote
##vote meen

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I think meen's case is bad but I really don't like this train on them. Definitely an easy place for scum to park a vote :bandwagon:

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Nep-Nep posted:

I'll engage with this- if this were scum faking miller, why also fake cluelessness?

TBH I don't know. I can't make sense of fake or real claimed cluelessness in this situation, though, and nothing else has stood out so far. It's a bit like Maer hiding behind Plastic in Gnosia 2 to me; not remotely the same level of egregious, sure, but it puts me in a wtf frame of mind anyway.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

##unvote This is reminding me of Song Mafia 2's D1.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm gonna find something else to do since my word about what I'm thinking isn't seeming to be worth much.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

TBH I don't know. I can't make sense of fake or real claimed cluelessness in this situation, though, and nothing else has stood out so far. It's a bit like Maer hiding behind Plastic in Gnosia 2 to me; not remotely the same level of egregious, sure, but it puts me in a wtf frame of mind anyway.

People definitely can fake cluelessness so I wasn't working from a conclusion with that question.

I'm inclined to believe the claim in part because of how quickly it came out. In a 26 player game it'd be pretty risky to jump out and claim a role that 1. could plausibly exist and 2. probably wouldn't have more than one of

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

I'm gonna find something else to do since my word about what I'm thinking isn't seeming to be worth much.

why are you melting down this hard

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I can't believe after putting in the bare minimum amount of posts meen is going to leave for the day. :foksmash:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Good morning thread.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I think meen's case is bad but I really don't like this train on them. Definitely an easy place for scum to park a vote :bandwagon:

I agree with this. Anarc coming out with the Miller claim is fine play but jumping on them feels silly.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

##vote neverhelm

What's the ping here, binus?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Good morning thread.

I agree with this. Anarc coming out with the Miller claim is fine play but jumping on them feels silly.

This is a bad post. I think Meen is silly for jumping on Anarc but also the people jumping on Meen is also silly. I need caffiene.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Monathin posted:

This is a bad post. I think Meen is silly for jumping on Anarc but also the people jumping on Meen is also silly. I need caffiene.

:foksmash:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I meant to post the tea pot, like the tea pot calling the kettle black or some such.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Good morning Toal.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Good morning everyone. I'll be honest, I'm kind of surprised I didn't wake up to a turbo already having been completed.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

saladscooper posted:

They hoard all the grain

AI lenin agrees, unfortunately he won't tell me who's scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Monathin posted:

What's the ping here, binus?

There is no ping

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

There is no ping

do you think neverhelm is scum or is that a jokevote

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

b-minus1 posted:

Anarc is confirmed town imo

Agree

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Agree that Meen went too hard on ANarc but also think Meen is town. It doesn’t feel like trying to get big in his britches, it feels like they genuinely expect ANarc to know what o do with Miller role.

Won’t vote either today.

Instead I think I’m going to tunnel Hal ##vote hal

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

WindwardAway posted:

How tf did I miss this
Uhhh
This sucks, there's no point in wasting investigatives on ANarc cause if they're town they're telling the truth and if they're scum they're obviously lying but either way they'd show up as scum unless there's that type of cop that gets a false green on everyone I guess.
Idk how eccogames usually work but unless a cop wants to check their accuracy then there's no use in checking ANarc.
Not sure how I feel about this claim, cause as town it's optimal to claim early as a miller but as scum it's an easy cop-out (pun intended).

I also think that ANarc's miller play (if real) is standard issue af, and I am pinged by this cuz it feels to me like Windward is doing a bit too much much exposition/hand-wringing about it (scum pretending to think through something that's actually so obvious as to not require being thought through)

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

##unvote
##vote windward

that's a real vote

i think meen is prolly town from how he's played in the past

if anything hal's scum for voting meen as a non-joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

i guess i'm not in jokephase anymore personally, wow that was fast