Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

You in 627? I'm the dude that walks around in that brown driver's cap and busted-rear end cowboy boots. Seriously, it's not horrible. Enjoy casuals while you can.

Does your last name begin with a B by any chance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Why, yes, it does.

B**toni is that you?

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Softface posted:

I just got back from the smoke pit and some rear end in a top hat's wearing a toga. Still far and away from the most ridiculous garment I've seen out there though.

Hah, we just had this conversation at the PX yesterday.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

Currently play, or at some point played? The latter: all of them.

Not just wow either. League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 is just as popular here as well.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
I've lost several friends because they got disenrolled from the Farsi program. It sucks that re-languaging students is so rare, cuz several of them had prior language experience.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
Halloween is in full swing here at the PX. you should all be here

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

AF, are you here as well?

I'm also AF. Welcome to DLI.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

Edit: happy wingman day don't drink and drive :downs:

Ugh, stupid wingman day. Luckily the person who spoke to my group was entertaining.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
Sucks for the 311th. Today I saw them going down the hill to remedial marching practice.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

tengohemroidz posted:

I heard that fat MTL this morning yelling at you guys for lying to him, or falling out of formation or not looking up when the Commander was talking or something.

The story of the curfew goes that four sexual assaults happened at these house parties where the underage drinking occurred. That would make some sort of sense on them coming down hard on all of you as a squadron, and why they're not telling you anything more than the underage drinking, or hotel parties or whatever it was. If it were just underage drinking...poo poo, that's just another day in the military. But a sexual assault demands a noteworthy response...let alone four.

Just keep your head up, and stay positive. It will all be over soon. Make sure you keep your poo poo straight. Don't give the MTLs anymore ammunition.

drat man thats nuts. I hope no ropes were involved in all this.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

From a 311th airman: Apparently sgts are contemplating a permanent wingman rule, 314th included. gently caress my life. Sierra Nevada, you're my only friend..

I know it's just hearsay, but holy poo poo.

No lol it would never happen. What happens if we fill out a 29b to go to San Fran to visit family? Do we drag a wingman along too?

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Badgers posted:

How about some PAGE 42 to go with your breakfast today HUA

page 42 hua...

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
Does anybody know if participation in the Asian I schoolhouse christmas play is mandatory? My class is doing a performance and our teaching team leader is threatening disciplinary counselings for those who dont want to participate.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

TheUnhorse posted:

:laffo: quit being a bitch

no. you quit being a bitch.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Do what I did to get out of the Christmans play

get out of the military

well it actually wasnt mandatory lol so nvm i guess.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Softface posted:

I give the policy two weeks.

Nah it'll last. We just put our bags in our cars now at the 627 parking lot. It ain't bad.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Speaking of cars, has anyone drawn dicks on my RX-4? I know it's still up there.

Do you still want that thing? Whats going to happen to it? lol

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Sensitive Thug posted:

So it looks like I'll be going back to DLI for an Arabic-Iraqi conversion course in a few months. What silly Air Force stuff can I expect coming back to DLI as a non tech schooler?

Being a non tech schooler will make your life a lot easier. Thats pretty much it.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Where were you last year? the do ID checks up there all the drat time (maybe I was just with the really loud dudes).

And I'm keeping that car so y'all better make sure nothing untoward happens to it; it does still have a set of keys on post.

I'll be sure take it to the 17 mile drive and drive it off a cliff.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

not caring here posted:

Okay, what kind of topsy turvy world do we now live in where the Air Force regularly gets the shaft when compared to the Army?

That's just crazy, you are all supposed to be drinking starbucks and poo poo whilst chatting on your bluetooth and sitting on park benches reading your iPads whilst feeding the squirrels and pigeons and lamenting about summers past where you first discovered love on the flightline but are currently split up because the Colonel just didn't jive with young love because he's bitter about being broken up with on the flightline because love with the TSgt was forbidden but he still remembers the time they had together and if you just make an emotional appeal in front of all the other officers you'll melt his heart and fly off in an F16 together and eat sushi in Okinawa whilst the sun sets.

That sounds like a plot to a movie.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Buff Tannen posted:

It's two hours of "training" this Friday and it's in PT gear. Basically we're gonna run a mile or two around the track, and then go inside and talk about how evil all of us men are, and why we shouldn't have sex with women unless it's our wife and we're intending to impregnate them.

Basically Rick Santorum got to our Wing Commander.

It's not that bad. Back at Meade my old shop isn't even getting a half day. People here just bitch too much.

Nah it wasn't bad at all. I can't believe there were people falling out of the run though. It was like 1.5 miles at the pace of a light jog.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

faddypaddy posted:

2+/2+/1+

I am done with this bullshit. That is all.

Congrats. What language?

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

faddypaddy posted:

It was MSA. I am relieved but the language instruction and methods used at DLI have left a very bitter taste in my mouth. I feel like the ME2 school house should be shutdown for fraud, waste, and abuse.

Congrats man. Time to move onto bigger and better things. I on the other hand got recycled, so i'm in for the long haul.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

not caring here posted:

To be honest I just don't like the sound of it. It simply sounds unpleasant to my ears. Also, the (greater) possibility of me getting sent to some shithole in the middle of assfuck nowhere only to sit in a guard tower trying to pretend to not be jerking off doesn't sound like a great time.

At least, that's the impression that I've gotten from arabic skilled army dudes. Still sounds better than combat arms though.

I think the Arabic languages sound cool. I'd love to have an Arabic language. But then again, the grass is always greener on the other side.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

faddypaddy posted:

If it is any help I know pretty much zero arabic and I did okay.

I heard a lot of the dlpt is about making an educated guess.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Softface posted:

After only three weeks of Russian Refresher they threw me into the DLPT after a year and some weeks of Farsi. If I pull this off it'll be among the greatest things I've ever done.

e: Oh hey look at that I passed. 2/2+ time to start rolling in the sweet, sweet bonus pay.

Congrats man. Theres not too many people who get such an opportunity.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Softface posted:

Finally got my orders to leave this place! They're verbal and for this Friday, so long Stinkberg!

Cya bro. The patio crew will miss you.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Atall posted:

You'll miss it. I've been trying for a year to get back there.

You want to come back here? I don't hear that too often.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Professor Bling posted:

Saw that myself the other day. Not sure I'd trust any of those kids when it comes to any issues a teal rope would "handle."

Not really sure of the point. But then again, with regards to the USAF and DLI, I'm not quite sure I ever was.

No I wouldn't either. They seem far too young and unqualified to handle or discuss something that can potentially be a felony. The majority of them most likely applied to the program just to add another item to the bullet sheet.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

faddypaddy posted:

First off the DLAB is a horrible indicator of how well you will do. Secondly just work your rear end off and you will be fine. DLI isn't hard so much as some people just stop giving a gently caress or never did. I didn't see a single person while I was there who legitimately put work in and didn't pass. It won't be easy it is a lot work but if you do it, it's not that hard to pass.

I've seen the hardest working people still fail, and i've seen lazy people pass with decent scores. I dont even think classroom performance and dlpt scores are related.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

TheUnhorse posted:

The DLPT is a fine way to assess language aptitude...

A fine way to assess proficiency you mean. Aptitude and proficiency are different things.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
The Air Force's marching rule for ATP students has been removed from the DLI. Thank god.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012
For those of you that are going to be Cryptologic Language Analysts here at the DLI. What kind of intelligence does the Cryptologic Language Analyst position deal with? Is it MASINT, SIGINT, CYBINT, etc.?

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

TheUnhorse posted:

hone those intel skills early and try to figure it out. hint: look up what those ints actually cover

Well the reason I ask is because from what I heard from several people, Cryptologic Language Analysts don't actually do any sort of intelligence gathering. They just translate. Which is why I'm curious as to what category of intelligence gathering it belongs under. To me, the Cryptologic Language Analyst position doesn't seem related to intelligence gathering at all, unless I'm not being told something. Its just a language translating job with a cool name. Nor does the Cryptologic Language Analyst job have anything to do with cryptology, cryptography, or cryptanalysis.

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

standard.deviant posted:

Maybe they're not telling you for a reason. :iiam:

Thats what I was sorta leaning towards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Camper
Jan 22, 2012

Androies posted:

Entire Army just lost all alcohol, weekend passes, have curfews at 9pm, and have to have battle buddy's everywhere they go. I'm pretty sure this is about to hit most Military Training posts soon as well due to pressure from the President. And that was how the Mucky Duck went out of business.

Dont worry, every other branch without a curfew will try to hold it down.

• Locked thread