Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Is there a good 32x texture pack that has support for most/all of Hexxit? I usually use Soartex, but going through its patcher, there's a lot of mods it doesn't have support for, and so my Hexxit game is a mash of the gorgeous Soartex textures and the hideous vanilla-level textures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I threw together a new profile for trying out some mods on 1.6.2, and I'm running into problems with NEI. Things just aren't displaying correctly. I'm using Soartex for my resource pack in this image, but it does the same on the default:

(I also had to go fix some item id conflicts in Applied Energistics and Magical Crops to even get it to load.)

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So yeah, I've started loving around with 1.6.2 modding, and just installed IC2. Is there any way to remove the need for iron plates to make machine blocks, or am I just stuck to cheating in a drat generator so I can get poo poo started?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Is there anywhere that the IC2 Experimental version for 1.6.2 is documented? All I can find is stuff for 1.5.x and enough recipes and mechanics have changed that it's almost no help whatsoever. Like, I want to make sure increasing my array of solar panels is worth it, or if there's better ways to power a tiny-rear end starter ME network and a handful of machines.

My network: one storage bus going to a DSU for cobble, a controller, access terminal, and a disk drive with a single 4k disk in it right now, but I'll need to add more soon.

The only reason I even have that much of a network, though, is because I decided I'd take all the uranium I'd mined and just trade it 1-for-1 with certus ore blocks, since I haven't found a single certus ore in digging a hole 12x11x64 (all the way to bedrock) despite using Custom Ore Generation to increase the frequency and size of all ore clusters.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I made myself a little compatibility module for Custom Ore Generation to work with Applied Energistics. (I'm on 1.6.2.) It works, but...I'm stuck using the blockID number seeing as neither I, nor someone else on the minecraft forums, can figure out how to get it to work with the 'blockWorld'/'appeng.blockWorld' as listed in AE's config file, nor could I get it to work with 'blkQuartzOre' as inside AE itself. (I took a peek inside the jar with a decompiler.)

I basically copy/pasted over the config from the IC2 copper generation and changed IDs and biome (more common or only in deserts). If anyone's interested, the file is here. If you've had to change ID numbers for AE blocks, you'll need to figure out what your certus quartz ore ID is and replace all instances of "902".

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Taffer posted:

Yup, that's the one. I'm not modder but I've talked to the guy a few times and he seems like an all around rad dude.

:) We need more rad dudes in game modding. Not just Minecraft, but any games that get modded. Less :byodood: MY VISION like Arthmoor and CJ, more :science: like Erogenous Beef, power crystals, Seorin, and...oh wait, most of the super-rad modders I know by name are goons.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I decided in my SSP world that waiting to make stuff till I'd legitimately gathered supplies was taking too long.

So what I'm wondering, is there a way to use ME crafting with a TE3 induction smelter? Particularly, I want to use sand + 2 bronze dust -> 2 bronze bars with a chance of slag. I have it crafting the dust, but I can't figure out how to get a ME Interface with a pattern to register the pattern as usable.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Well, I wanted to give Never Stop Toasting a try, but apparently my poor netbook's CPU and/or graphics isn't up to the task. I'm getting 2-3 FPS, even after giving it 5 GB of RAM and setting all the graphics to minimum. My netbook's processor is just a dual-core Celeron running at 1.4 GHz, and the video is the usual onboard crap. Guess I'll have to see if my desktop will run it decently and go back to figuring out my own mod combos or whatever on the netbook.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

mechaet posted:

It's a pretty big modpack, and it takes a decent processor to run. Graphics card means less, as it's only running minimal levels of OpenGL that have been around for almost a decade at this point. The mod interactions, the worldgen, and the live minimap take up a not-insignificant amount of processor time. As RAM goes, even on my desktop, I only ever assign 2GB of RAM to the pack and don't see a performance benefit to more than that. Some folks swear by 3GB and that may hold true for machines with slower disks/processors but in my experience 2GB has been the plateau. I apologize that it doesn't run well on your netbook, but there's little I can honestly do about that. I tried to create a version with OptiFine pre-installed for people with lesser computers, but unfortunately there isn't a way to edit the command line in the launcher to tell Forge to ignore the checksum differences, so the pack will not boot.

It's fine, I honestly didn't expect it to run great due to how many mods there are in it. I found another 1.6 pack that's got about 80 mods in it, and it gets laggy for me on the netbook still, but it's not unplayable. I've just been wanting to tool around with some tech packs and really get to know things outside of Buildcraft, IC2, and TE3.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Speaking of TE3 and Mekanism, I ran into a strange problem last night that I'm not quite sure what the cause is...

I (finally) got my digital miner built, powered by energy conduits leading to a tesseract that hooks to my power systems inside my base. On the back end of it, I have impulse itemducts to another tesseract that leads to my item storage area in my base, but for some reason items are not actually going into the itemduct. If the itemduct is connected directly to the miner, items start filling up the miner's inventory. If I put a chest on the back of it, the items stay in the chest instead of pulling into the itemduct. I have the itemduct correctly set to output mode on the end connected to the chest or miner, input mode on the tesseract, and the tesseract settings should be correct. Auto-eject is also on with the miner.

I'm running the most recent versions of both mods. (Though apparently the downloads now for Mekanism are broken, because I was going to try to double-check my version of it.)

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

What? When did TE3 itemducts start requiring a redstone signal to extract?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So a friend of mine asked me about creating a Pixelmon-centric modpack, but was concerned about the lack of access to vanilla mobs (and more specifically, their drops).

Currently this is what I have in the pack for 1.6.4:
Pixelmon
Voxelmap
CoFH core (for worldgen, wanted Big Dig-style oregen included)
Backpacks
BspkrsCore 5.1
Starting Inventory
Treecapitator r.06 (newest one I found that wouldn't crash)

I also have an x-ray mod, but that was for checking distribution patterns. I've made the Pixelmon evolution stone ores more common, but they seem to be still affected by the placement rules in the mod itself (e.g., lightning stone ore only found in extreme hills biomes).

My current thought is adding Magical Crops and using Starting Inventory to give a few seeds of the mobs to get players started whether they're playing singleplayer or if someone likes it and makes a server.

Edit:

I added Magical Crops, fixed the block ID conflicts, but now when you first generate a new world, it crashes Minecraft to desktop/launcher. But if you go back in and select that same world, it loads the Pixelmon starter selection screen as normal.

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 18, 2014

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Abe Frohman posted:

If you like chisel you should grab yourself a painterly pack, most of the textures are straight from painterly anyhow.

I might end up just going with painterly myself after trying out Sphax for NST Diet. The 128x textures just take so long to load and I just don't see it being worth an improvement over even the 64x Soartex. Plus my build used the hell out of Chisel.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I really do like the idea of requiring the player's own head for making a machine.

On the topic of fluids and pumps, what are my alternatives to the BuildCraft pump? I see an IndustrialCraft one that pops the results into capsules. On its face, it looks like a portable way of retrieving all this drat oil. I have a good supply of tin and a lot of oil to square away. Is it a pain in the rear end to use these capsules later? Will it not work?

I kind of don't want to bother with a large tank because it becomes another burden when I move everything around to dig elsewhere.

TE3 portable tanks are really good for liquid storage, especially if you have the materials for the higher-level ones. Simple to dismantle and take with you, too. I don't know if there's any alternatives to BC or IC2 pumps, though.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So I'm messing around with minechem...is there some way of having things that don't directly synthesize into items be useful? I was thinking I could use it to maybe automate production of sulfuric acid for Mekanism, but it doesn't seem to eject into a fluiduct hooked to a portable tank. I did place it on the bottom, as that's where minechem outputs eject to. There's drat near no documentation that I can find.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Hagop posted:

As a note Mek can automate is own production of sulfuric acid given only water and cobble(or I guess water and a buck of lava), and aside from the salination plant its not even too expensive.

I guess I'll just build a salination plant, then. It's just drat huge compared to everything else.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

That would be because it's appeng.blockWorld, but I think you might have to specify by block id number. I know I was trying to fix this on a modpack I was messing around with, but it must be on my other computer so I can't look right now.

Edit: I was screwing around with it in Custom Ore Gen, not the cofh worldgen. Also apparently I'd found by decompiling it that internally it's referred to as blkQuartzOre. Custom Ore Gen only worked properly when I specified the block by ID, it's name didn't work for me.

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Mar 9, 2014

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I came across this ComputerCraft script for managing a big reactor, and it seems like something I want to use on mine, but I don't really understand how ComputerCraft peripherals and such actually work. Like, if I were to want to use a wireless modem to connect to the monitor, do I have to change anything? Does it matter which monitor in the group I attach the modem to?

I'm planning on putting the reactor in the basement of my factory building, but want to be able to check the status from the main floor.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I don't follow. Does the drum not deplete?

My issue is I realized I will be smelting for 6 or more people at once, and I hoped to start with the smeltery. I think instead I should look into grinding ore if it will go to ingots so I gdt the 2x bonus. I just can't make alloys unless I smelt, and I got used to bronze armor for the standard kit. It will be a lot of lava otherwise.

The drum holds 250 buckets worth of lava, thus you won't need to worry about additional lava for a good long time.

Also, the smeltery can go to ingots if you make one or more ingot casts and drain from the smeltery into the casts. Basins make full blocks, or you can drain leftover metal into tanks and just put it back in through a backwards smeltery drain when you need it. A thermal expansion pulverizer and furnace set so that the pulverized metal goes straight into the furnace may be faster for small quantities, but a tall enough smeltery will let you drop a whole stack or more in and take the same amount of time as doing one ore in the smeltery.

The smeltery is also required for any metal Tinker's tool parts you want to use.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Is there a way to restart in Agrarian Skies? I managed to fall off my platform with everything in my inventory (and forgetting to start with keepInventory true), and so it knocked me back worse than just square one, because I'd used all my bonemeal already, too.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

McFrugal posted:

In my experience, you need to be quite far away from the water blocks, and a clear shot at them so that your lure doesn't hit any solid blocks on the way. If the lure is bobbing, it's a valid cast. If it's not bobbing then it's stuck on a block and won't catch anything, even if it's in the water. It's quite possible for it to get stuck in midair above water, because minecraft is bad. If you're using the flat platform you'll have to build out sideways to create a stream that you can get far enough from. If you're using home sweet home you can fish in the stream next to the hill with some difficulty, but flowing water is shallower and thus a bit harder to fish in.

Also, if you do screw it up and hit a solid block, don't reel it in, just switch to another tool. You'll avoid damaging the rod that way, because minecraft only calculates the rod damage when you right-click to reel it in.

Edit: Oh, and what I was originally coming in here to ask....on the smeltery quest, I've built all the required items, but there's no option in my book to turn it in. Do I have to actually build it or something?

taiyoko fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 19, 2014

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I just made a vanilla wooden hoe for farming. v:shobon:v

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

jadedcat, I'd like to file a bug report: Started a new game with 2.1.1 and Home Sweet Home O, and the manual turn-in quest doesn't actually give you the hopper to feed the QDS with.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I've gotten a couple rewards of mfr colored bricks this time around, so right now I started building my mob dropper out of technicolor bricks.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I've also found that hammering the cobble out of the vanilla cobble generator is more reliable than the pick. The hammer seems to pop the gravel at you, while half the time picking the cobble out results in the lava eating it.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

So. Second time Agrarian Skies has crashed and taken my save with it.

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/B19UuG9c
Forge Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53120813/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (because screw fighting to get it into multiple pastes)

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

taiyoko posted:

So. Second time Agrarian Skies has crashed and taken my save with it.

Crash Report: http://pastebin.com/B19UuG9c
Forge Log: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/53120813/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log (because screw fighting to get it into multiple pastes)

Can anyone give me a hint with mine? I don't have any itemducts or anything set up yet, and it seems to be connected with fighting monsters? Or at least, that's when it's happened both times. This latest time was using 2.1.3.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm running into an odd problem in my AS playthrough...I just set up a bunch of harvesters/planters, with a chest buffer on the harvesters, itemducts with each planter having one seed type whitelisted, and seeds blacklisted from my tesseract. The tesseract is set to receive energy, send items. On the other end, the other tesseract is set to send energy and receive items, and pump the items it receives into barrels.

The problem comes in that while the machines get energy, the seeds make it back to the respective planters, my itemducts (set to redstone ignore) don't pull the crops out. Instead I have to manually go to the chests and fetch my lettuce, wheat, etc. Without the chest buffers, the itemducts would get stuffed and the harvester would stop working altogether.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Guess it's time to get moving on upgrading my quest-fulfillment 'babby's first ME system', then. I literally just have a 1k storage in a drive, controller, and crafting terminal (plus those precision import/export busses that I'm not yet using for anything).

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Has there been a server release for NST:Zero yet? If not, what all should I delete from the server mods? Inventory Tweaks and NEI?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

NST:Zero question:

I seem to be having an awful high spawn rate of enderman from my auto-spawner. Costs are all at default, so theoretically it should be 1.5 kills to one spawn. I just have fluiducts running the essence from the grinder to the spawner, power provided to both machines by my reactor.

Is there a glitch somewhere or are endermen or the grinder outputting more mob essence?

I'm also getting a metric fuckton of enchanted armor drops too, so I'm disenchanting them. What's the best way to store all the books? Get a ME network running?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

bbcisdabomb posted:

Use a filing cabnet from Extra Utilities. It stores way too many of one itemID.

Extra Utilities isn't in Zero, unfortunately. I'm still gonna get a ME network up for other things anyway, but I guess maybe I'll just chest the books then.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Sorus posted:

Does NST:Zero have Infernal Mobs? That would explain the increased mob essence and loads of enchanted items.

It does indeed have Infernal Mobs. Huh, wouldn't have thought they'd spawn that often in an autospawner, but I guess so.

I've temporarily taken the setup offline so I can build an actual storage and machinery building, and eventually also move the reactor underneath it.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Server owners: Opis has released for 1.7.10. I'm going to attempt using it on my local server to see if I can find out why my attempt at a modpack is lagging, so I can pull out the offending mods.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My current project is over on the Limecraft server, I decided to build a scale model of a dungeons and dragons dungeon map. It's still quite a work in progress, though, even with creative mode. I'm also not sure how to decorate it entirely. I'm planning on making the boss room floor out of obsidian, and other areas are various other materials, with torches to light hallways and sea lanterns embedded in room floors just to try to not gently caress with torches everyfuckingwhere.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Does anyone know how to install custom modpacks in the Beta version of the Technic Launcher? Do non-beta modpacks just not work with the beta launcher?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Taffer posted:

There is no Forge for 1.8, so no.

Uh, what?

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

That's an Alpha of Forge for 1.8. Also see: https://github.com/MinecraftForge/MinecraftForge/commit/53659fca065a600470734d81a168fbdde6ec631a

This is likely why not many/no mods have updated to 1.8 as yet. The new JSON modelling is a pain in the arse for everyone involved (except Mojang).

Taffer posted:

I meant a functional working version. Nothing significant can be done with those yet, and probably won't be for months.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then. Would also explain why it's on its own page instead of with the other releases. I guess they must just have an autobuilder that makes all the different installer/source/dev builds.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Damnit I want to like Crash Landing, but because I am apparently bad at minecraft, I keep dying and having to start over...even on easy mode with Special Mods disabled. This time was to a baby zombie. It's frustrating because it's always right in the beginning times, when I'm still mostly busy struggling to keep myself fed and watered so I don't die from that. It killed me then subsequently killed my shell after I transferred into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Pidmon posted:

Anyone know where the 'snake heads' are in Material Energy^3 in the 'Egyptian Temple' quest? I've got a hell of a lot of sand from tugging away at the Miner's Delight map's dumb desert base.

It's in the northwest corner of the miner's delight area, not far down from the surface at all. Very worth going in there, though.

Because I'm a big baby when it comes to minecraft combat, I ended up turning it onto peaceful because while I did install Single Player Commands and could "/killall spiders" and such, it's a pain in the rear end to keep doing that constantly. Especially spiders, I'd do that and get "43 entities removed" after only about 10 seconds since the last time I'd issued that command.

• Locked thread