Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Nastyman posted:

I'm trying out Hexxit after not playing minecraft since the Minecraftcon drama a while back (no reason, I just remember burning out around that time). It's a great modpack, having fun with it and all but I have no idea how to progress. I've tried to mine around a bit, get some gear going, watched a few LPs to get a sense of how it's different from Vanilla, but I keep ending up with giant piles of crap that I have no idea what to do with. Magic essences? Blaze Rods? What do I do with all this stuff, and when? How do I repair my meteor gear? Do I stash it away until I can take on meteors? Where do I find these hexical diamond things?

Basically I can make my way around most of the crafting recipes with R and U, but I'm hosed when it comes to knowing where to go at what point, and I always end up grabbing the missing bits and bobs from the NEI browser out of pure frustration, which just kills the game for me. So I start a new world and go "Okay, lets use what we learned and play it properly this time", and I manage to figure out maybe one new thing before it's back to cheating. Is there a newbie guide or a progression list somewhere I could have open in the background? Something to the effect of "Get your house/farm/equipment in order, invade towers, get this gear, go find a castle, get this item, go farm mob x for ingredient y so you can make gear z, find meteors etc". I've tried to google for them but all I end up with are badly (like, seizure-inducingly bad) written instructions that basically just say "Okay build a house and then kill things lol good luck oh and get a meteor shield!"

Where do you live? I would love to show you myself if you live in Europe/can deal with high ping.

Add me on Steam: Dunno1987 and we can either play together, or you can use me to ask questions :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

We also have room on our server, using a modified and updated version of BigDig. Custom pack on launcher, you don't have to do anything. Very few people actively playing (me and Nastyman pretty much), but I would love some company.
Server is based in Stockholm, so northern European goons prefer I guess. Though anyone goes. PM me or contact me on Steam, Dunno1987.

Might as well post pack:
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/dunno-pack.72081

Updated most main mods, removed extra bees because I couldn't find a working updated version and didn't bother adding the old back in again, added furniture mod and probably some more. Couldn't get powersuit addons to work, but didn't really try hard either.
Had Railcraft, but the server crashed, including control panel and everything, so removed. Might be a coincidence though, so going to try and add it again.

And Egrogonous Beef (misspelled that probably, sorry!), where can I find the latest version of Big Reactors? I can only find 0.13 on your website, and I am to dumb to use Github :(

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Aug 13, 2013

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I REDUCED LAG! No war crimes!

Erogenous Beef: I remember you talking about a 0.17 or am I just imagining it? The 0.13 have the annoying bug that it stops working if part of the reactor is in a chunk that is unloaded. I think that is what's causing it, as it just stops working. And of course, having to find some yellow stuff. Or is the UE nuclear mods uranium replacing it? I hope not, as that poo poo is rare for some reason.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Erogenous Beef posted:

That's not a bug; the reactor can't operate if part of it is unloaded, as the bits that are unloaded may actually contain parts of the simulation. If any part of the reactor unloads, the whole thing pauses until the machine is whole again. You can use UE uranium, but I think yellorium is more common by default.

I think you're imagining 0.17. You might be thinking of 0.1.7, which is an older version than the current 0.1.13. The most current version can always be found on the Big Reactors website.

I've talked about 0.2 in the future, which will of course start with 0.2.0 and go up from there.

Then I am imagining things, my apologies.

I know the reactor can't work while partly unloaded, the problem I had was that it didn't start back up again afterwards. I believe someone else complained/reported it, and I also believe you fixed it. The not working again when loaded back in part. Or I might be confusing this with some other mod. It is quite a while ago, months I believe.

I am rambling, sorry.

But, in my modded bigdig pack, Yelloworium doesn't spawn at all. Probably because UE uranium does, and it is super rare. After digging up 20 chunks worth of world with quarries, I had a whopping 8 uranium. Certainly not enough for a reactor of any size really. Haven't looked into upping the spawn rate though.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

What you're describing I haven't encountered before. It may or may not be a bug, I would need a picture to say for sure. The barriers only check for a partner on block updates, so basically when they're placed, on redstone toggle, neighbor block changing, etc. If there's some kind of (non-vaporizable) obstacle in the way between two widely spaced resonators that gets removed later, no update occurs without one of those occuring. This is to avoid constantly checking if the path is clear every few ticks.

Primary suspect would be some kind of invisible but still there block like floodlight beams. Maybe that stupid Railcraft heat block thing?

We do have railcraft, so that might be it?

And the problem Nastyman described, about random patches of dirt that can't be tilled until replaced. Putting something ontop and removing it doesn't fix it, you have to dig up all the farmland, and put down the very same blocks. It's weird, and I have no idea how to fix that, no idea where to even start looking.

I don't think we tried to do a block update though. Maybe give that a try.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Serifina posted:

If you have Railcraft, set the ID for block.hidden to 0. That thing breaks so much stuff, it's not even funny. (Unless you really really want to be able to use the Trackman's Goggles?)

I don't even know what those are. I will "fix" the trail thing when I get home.

We had a bit of a cow infestation, as I found out the chronotyper in the breeding facility was 1 block short to cover the whole room, enabling the cows to overwhelm the... Walls. And in the slaughter area with the calves, the slaughterhouse had dead spots as well. They are all dead now, and I will have to reinforce the walls with spikes or something before I repopulate it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

RaspberryCommie posted:

Are blocks less... penetrable (I guess) than fences? Cause I had a 5x5 area surrounded by fences that I used to breed cows. There were only like four of them in there, but every now and then I'd come back to the pen and there'd be calves outside the fence even though power to my chronotyper was never interrupted.

I think it is when there are several in one square/block, and they start pushing eachother around. Some will then glitch through 1 thick walls, or suffocate inside it. Making the walls 2 thick should suffocate them every time instead of releasing them.

If I could figure out how to get ICBM mod gun turrets to fire on cows, that would fix it, as we have turrets around the perimeter against mods, and AA guns in the middle for wisps. Sounds awesome when you are deep underground, and the guns start up...!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Shadowmorn posted:

I couldn't agree more with both of you. I save that kind of shenanigans for multiplayer servers where its less of a kick in the bollocks.

Those are necessary for me, I hate loosing stuff to dumb reasons, which is the only reason you die in Minecraft. And I am never able to keep track of what I loose, which is frustrating. Turning off firespread is also mandatory.

Question for my server. I want a simple /home command, but I don't want all the extras from ForgeEssentials. Any recommendations?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Ass_Burgerer posted:

I'm having a problem starting up a bigdig server on my computer. Downloaded the server zip, extracted it to a folder, ran Launch.bat, and it keeps giving these errors when it trys to download stuff:
http://pastebin.com/zKWJSfDc
It pauses and says to "press any key to contunue..."

I remember I used to have this exact problem before, but I can't find/remember the solution for the life of me!

Seems like the server is down... I assume you have working internett on the computer you are on.

Try again later I guess.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Lizard Wizard posted:

Uh...I just looked up Redstone Energy Cells, and holy poo poo that's a lot of machines to get what amounts to a Buildcraft version of a Batbox. Are you sure there's not some easier way?

If you are using Big Dig, you can make universal cables until you get red stone conduits. They are very cheap, don't explode like Buildcraft. But they are very laggy if you have a lot of them, so swap them out for red stone conduits as soon as possible.

For batteries, I suggest you head into the config files and turn off loss in red stone conduits, if not, you have to keep power production and power consumption seperated by a layer of energy cells. If you don't, all your power will be gone from one battery charging the other, and then back. Unless KL did something to prevent that.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Ok, I have a problem with my custom modpack and server.

It have been running nicely for quite a while, until we started a new map.
Added extra biomes, carpenter blocks and Reliquary, then just removed the old world.

Now, the server is slowly heading for 100% CPU and RAM usage, and tonight, it plainly refused to restart.

Server is hosted through fragnet, and their "Uncrash my server" thing managed to kill it. But I can't seem to restart it and join it.

Tried copying the world over to my computer to test it in single player, but it just goes back to main menu, and if I try to enter it again (single player), it crashes after a brief "Shutting down internal server".

This is the forge modloader log file from my computer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11401347/Minecraft/ForgeModLoader-client-0.log

Modpack:
http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/dunno-pack.72081

Can you please help me revive this?
Thanks!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Khorne posted:

How am I supposed to void items with itemducts? Besides the obvious Trash Can from extra utilities and void chest from that mod.

Into lava? Can the itemducts throw stuff into the world? If not, a dropper should do it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Related:

https://github.com/BuildCraft/BuildCraft/issues/1301

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

With the dental work? And no real answer?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Can I request either a mod, or directions on how to make it?

A simple second set of shears that will skin a cow. Easy version drops a leather ever time you click it, no need to bother about cooldowns or changing the texture on the cow.

The effort version should change the cow into a mangled one, then have it regrow the skin after eating grass, like sheep.

Durability on the tool is unnecessary, but add if you feel like it.

How would I go about and make such a mod? I found some good tutorials for MC modding, but I can't find them again... Explained what all the import things did and all.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Falcon2001 posted:

Hmm. I might try it out. I assume just setup forge as per the instructions on the forge site?

Edit: Wait, I'm already lost. So just download the same server file and drop it in? How do you get something running as a server rather than just the normal UI for minecraft?

Try this one:http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/details/wobbe-pack.215524

Running a server based in Sweden if you want to join, and I will share the server pack once I get to my computer.

Dunno1987 on Steam and skype if you have questions or want server ip :)

Edit: It is a small server with me, a real life friend and Nastyman on here. It could fit more people, and you dont have to actually play with us. Rules are simple, only borrow from others if they have lots of it and dont intentionally break stuff.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 30, 2013

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've been having fun in Big Dig but I'd like to tweak the ore spawn rates to make it a tiny bit rarer. Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about that? Thanks!

Go to %appdata%\.technic\bigdig\config\cofh and edit the world.cfg file.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Squirrelo posted:

Pet peeve of mine, but could you list what mods are in the pack on the main description page? Leaving it a mystery to be found out when downloaded is generally A Bad Thing.

Yeah, I know. I just haven't bothered, since it's mostly been a private pack with just a couple of people. But, updated the description now.
And uploaded server (once dropbox finishes). But enough advertising about modpacks.

When do you guys think that 1.7+ modding will happen? And will they ever reach Minecraft 2.0, or go back to 1.0 again?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 30, 2013

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

kerpow posted:

I think we're waiting on MCP to be updated before 1.7 mods exist. As for version numbers... they don't work that way. 1.10 is what comes after 1.9.

Aha, counter point: https://help.ea.com/article/simcity-updates

But you are right, 1.10.# is more likely then 2.#.#

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Falcon2001 posted:

hey heads up, your server and client apparently don't have the same mods :(

I am very sorry! Uploaded an old version, 1.4 instead of 1.5.

Fixed it now.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

So I have a problem with my modpack and server... It's MFR.

Currently, using either a mob grinder or a rancher on a compatible creature straight crashes the server, and client if you do it in single player.

Tried updating to latest beta build, but nothing. And I really don't want to sign up on the minecraft forums, and I don't know how Jenkins work with bug reports.

Is this a mod error, or something I have done and can thus fix?

Please help :(

http://pastebin.com/y1Fe7D6d

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Walliard posted:

I was getting this crash and it turned out to be Artifice causing the problem, so update that to the latest build if you have it.

That fixed it, thank you! :)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

King Hotpants posted:

I've just started to mess around with MFR's programmable rednet controller. I'm trying to set it up so that a button press gives me a constant-on output signal for 10 minutes, then shuts off again. This way, I can run my mining drill for set periods without draining all my batteries dry. I can't figure it out, though. Can anyone guide me in the right direction (or give me an easier way to do the same thing)?

There is a pulse extender or something, use that. Pretty sure it use ticks for amount, so try 12000. It is 20 ticks per second on a non laggy server.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Scorpion 3-2 posted:

I planted a giant redwood from natura next to my base it grew after only one day which made me really happy because the tool tip said it could take days before anything happened.

Later I wanted to build a rubber tree farm with minefactory reloaded so I did a little test run outside my base. I hooked up everything with power and connected the harvester with the planter using some itemducts and then I throw some fertilizer in. I watched as the harvester eat 2 or 3 rubber trees when suddenly I'm suffocating I frantically try punch my way out but I'm taking damage way to fast. So I respawn at my base walk outside and see a second redwood right where my tree farm used to be. I got an axe and punched my way through the trunk. The only thing that I found was the planter and my energy cell.

After a while I figured out what had happened. Harvesters don't seem to be limited on the y axis and since redwoods branch out pretty far, even so I wasn't really underneath it, the harvester must have gotten a redwood sapling and then passed it to the planter and apparently even so the tooltip says that you need to plant them in a 7x7 grid this doesn’t seem to apply when they get fertilized. So now I have 3 giant redwood trees in front of my base the third happened while I was testing and trying to figure out what had happened.

Run a stack of harvesters on them, and stuff it all in DSU's. Rinse and repeat, because Minecraft is about collecting things for no reason.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking. No, there's no reason to include Treecaptator if you have lumber axes already.

Unless you want to also chop down the leaves to get saplings.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Clairetic posted:

Why have people started saying 'crash to desktop' instead of just 'crash'? It's less accurate, less helpful, and longer to type/read.

Because a crash to desktop means just that, while a crash will display the error message. For inexperienced people that don't know about the crash reports, one is much easier to report.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I have had far more crashes to desktop lately then the error screen. Its poo poo, but true. You have to locate the modpack folder and find the crash report, which is more then I expect from your average Joe minecrafter.

Anything new about how tinkers and gregtech misbehaving? Waiting for mojang to smack them both for being childish.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

President Ark posted:

Dimdoors works exactly as you're attempting, and in fact that's probably the number one thing most people use it for.

As for swords, make a Tinker's Construct smeltery and make a sword (or cleaver if the version in Hexxit has the advanced tools) with an alumite blade, an obsidian crossbar, and a rod made out of slime. That will give you a practically-indestructible high-damage sword and you can add quartz and moss to it to make it even higher damage and auto-repair.

I suggest you make a rapier with alumite or manyllium blade, a moss and necrotic bone, and fill it up with quartz. Rapiers can hit very fast, and with necrotic bone, you get life steal. They also pierce armor, very handy against the walkers. It's cheap to make as well, so try making one without buffing it and see if you like it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Erogenous Beef posted:

With the latter half of the BR 0.2 releases, you can also use resonant ender to capture absolutely all of the radiation coming out of a fuel rod and convert it to energy. Replace that outer ring of water with ender and watch your reactor's efficiency skyrocket. :ssh:

Since what version? Do the other liquids do anything? What about hexaflouride thing from Atomic Science?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Erogenous Beef posted:

Since 0.2.7A. You can put iron, gold, and diamond blocks in, which generally perform better than water in high-heat reactors. You can also put in liquid redstone, pyrotheum (if you're silly), cryotheum (recommended), glowstone and ender. These all perform better than water, except pyrotheum. If you put superheated fluid into a reactor to try to cool it off, you are dumb.

Generally, the rarer/more-expensive/more-effort stuff performs better. Ender > Cryotheum > Redstone > Water > Air.

There's a bug in 0.2's heat calculations that makes resonant ender ridiculously good compared to all of the others, which I think is fine given that you need 4 ender pearls per bucket, and multiple buckets for even a modest reactor.

I'll fix the heat calculation bug in 0.3, as that's a major update which will upset the mod's balance anyway with the introduction of active cooling.

I haven't really touched Atomic Science's stuff, but uranium hexafluoride (in the mod, as well as in reality) is a fuel precursor, not a coolant. Putting that in a reactor as a coolant would be... interesting. The variety of "interesting" which encourages engineers to run away, very fast.

Which sounds about right for my old IC2 reactors. Ice cooling with several points of potential failure? Sounds like a challenge! Friend was not amused with the giant hole in the mountain he was building nearby.

With active cooling, will we get reactor meltdowns? Will they be full blown nukes, molten pile of stuff heading for bedrock or something else?

Love your mod, keep it up.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Altran posted:

hm, I searched ForgeModLoader-client-0.txt and output-client.txt both returned 0 results for overwriting. Could you elaborate please? If I find an ID conflict, how should I proceed to solve it? google yields 'Idfix Minus', good mod to solve the problem? Thanks

Search for conflict. And make an ID dump through the ingame Nei menu to figure out empty ids.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

Biomes o Plenty has some SERIOUS problems with ocean sizes. I've spent a lot of time in multiple maps and I always end up traversing at least one ocean for several days and nights before seeing land. Seems like something that should have been tweaked a long time ago. I can't imagine anyone wanting oceans to be this vast and empty.

Edit: Okay, gently caress this. How do I start a new map but import my character and my inventory? I have ALL my poo poo on ME disks in my inventory which is over 30 hours of work and I don't want to have to start again.

Or copy the player.dat file from the players folder. This will also store your position, which is probably far away from spawn. Do a /gamerule keepinventory true and then /kill to get to spawn.

Vib Ribs solution is much better though, if it also stores the content of AE drives, which it should. Backup your world first!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

KingLemming posted:

Hrm...I dunno where I fall in your classification here, so I'll not take offense.

Part of the problem is that a lot of modders are somewhat disillusioned with Mojang in general. There are days I honestly wonder what it'd take for Kickstarter backing.

I think you have stated this before, but I can't remember.

Realistically, what would it take for you to make a better Minecraft? Both money wise, personal life (education finished?), how big of a team, and how much time?
Thinking pretty much Minecraft 1.6.4, without lovely performance and with a good modding API, equal to or surpassing Forge.

Is it even possible? And what would the odds of the average Modded-Minecraft-player even caring?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

RickVoid posted:

loving JAVA. I spent, like, a week last year getting the one installed that I have.

Here we go again, I guess.

Uninstall whatever you have now, get the offline installers here. Both 32 bit and 64 bit.
https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Should not take a week.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

m2pt5 posted:

Also, this alone is fun:

Source: http://goo.gl/1oAarG

The modder is appearently rallying people ingame by linking to the thread.

This is glorious.

It's like the Kristallnacht, just with less holocaust and more childish tears.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Taffer posted:

Which modder is that?

Guff

And it is according to this guy posting in the thread: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1775798-164050-plunder-rummage-forge-9111dynamic-treasure-hunting/page__st__360#entry28274768

I am not on his approved list of modpacks, so I can't check myself. I haven't asked for permission. :D

Edit:

quote:

OK, now it seems that Guff has resorted to using Plunder Rummage itself in-game to really people to this thread as a call to arms.

Remind me exactly what legal penalties will be exacted if someone uses a mod without permission in a modpack? Because if there arn't any, there isn't any reason to require it.

wasd \fa\F \ FIIIIIjkfnklzsjf\lfgssegserg I
f f F\FZSFZFZDFZ FGHYDRDCR

Edit2:

I didn't notice! He put up a poll!

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 23, 2014

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Inepta Lacerta posted:

I'm quite happy with Hosthorde, but then I'm on the $25/month unlimited plan, so I have no idea how their "lesser" offerings are. No complaints about the service itself, however, and they even gave me a month for free after putting a few of their European customers on a US server by mistake. (http://hosthorde.com/plans/).

Thank you for this!

I am currently with Fragnet, and while they have been good, I only get 1.5 GB for 15 euro a month, which is 20 USD. So I get more from HostHorde for less money, and I can go for unlimited if I should feel for it.

3 weeks left of what I have paid for at Fragnet, swapping over in two weeks.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So I moved the Mo Creatures .zip out of my NST mods folder, and now I have no sound or music at all. Is this just some passing glitch? That's what it sounds like from online.

Edit: Eww in the log I see nothing about missing .ogg files and it looks like OpenAL started up fine. I am confused.

Edit Edit: Oh thank God on the 2nd restart of the launcher it got working again. My wife just discovered the Tila Tequila completely batshit insane Youtube videos, and I had to overhear stuff about chessboards and reprogramming the matrix and poo poo. Now I need to figure out a thing I can build that just makes lots of noise or something.

Just use Mekanism, and your problem with lack of noise is solved.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Xanarios posted:

A couple things stand out:
  • That huge reflection chunk in the middle there isn't actually doing anything productive as you are using MFR's Registry directly, the results of the whole operation are not referred to later.
  • You are skipping over the new (old?) class of food crops that were added back with the more recent update and missing a couple outright (essence, xp, magma).
  • Not entirely sure it matters, but since you have specified a dependency on both MFR and MagicalCrops, I would imagine it is safe to move the registerMFR() call into the init() event handler.
I took the liberty of mucking around with the source a little bit, getting something like this: http://pastebin.com/3pMYECRa. May have to add use of the magic fertilizer, but it should work fine.

This is something I want.

How do I use this? I assume I have to get it compiled somehow, but I have never done that before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Pidmon posted:

Is there a good 1.5.2 guide for ME, how to get started and stuff? I want to know how I should be looking into getting things started on my Big Dig singleplayer world.

I assume you mean Applied Energistics?

The wiki/documentation is superb, so go at it: http://ae-mod.info/ME-Storage-and-Automation/

In short, start with a Controller, Access Terminal and a ME Drive. Make one or more storage cells, 1k, 4k, 16k or 64k, and put them into the Drive.

For expanding, make an autocrafter, http://ae-mod.info/ME-Crafting/
Bigger the better, but don't go to crazy. I usually start out with a 4x4x4, with 2 pattern providers and 6 crafting CPUs. When I go crazy big, like 7x7x7 (5x5x5 inside, or 125 blocks to fill), I do a 16-25 patterns, and the rest CPUs.

For every pattern provider, you get access to one page for recipes. Each is about the size of two double chests, so two pattern providers will last you a while. 16 to 25 pages will hold all recipes of a good sized modpack.

For adding patterns, you need Blank Pattern and a Pattern Encoder. Put the items into the crafting pattern, click encode and stuff it into the autocrafter. You can now order whatever you made the recipe for.

I highly suggest you make a crafting monitor after making the autocrafter, so you can see what it is missing and what is in the queue.

When expanding storage, you can either add in more storage cells, or use storage bus' and Deep Storage Units for huge amounts of storage of one thing per DSU. A nice endgame goal could be to have everything in DSUs, though that will take a lot of time, effort and materials.

Read the wiki, it is very good, and most of the basic stuff is in the 1.5.2 version.

• Locked thread