Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Cityinthesea posted:

The dailymotion links, at any rate, are dead. I wonder why they're being so aggressive in taking it down.

Yeah, that's really unfortunate. I can see a justification if someone licensed it for streaming on their site like Hulu or Dramafever, but there's no movement in that direction.

The subber has the sub files and a link to the raw :filez: on her twitter:

https://twitter.com/bumdidlyump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Looks like she's attempting a reupload to Dailymotion with some stealth measures.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think the general politeness rule for staggered watching shows like this, is the spoiler bars are used until the next episode is released. So after episode 2 is subbed, everyone can talk about episode 1 without the spoilers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Bandage Sniffer season 2 episode 1 reuploaded to Dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k67pVt5Znhhwe752dNQ
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k2I9u59cznr4FK52bxu

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Argue posted:

Has anyone found or made a list of the animals and their skills/attributes/win conditions? Sounds like something you could play at a party (with a very specific number of people).

Here's what I got:

Lion (Rank 1)
Habitat: Field (Can not go into Sky)
Win condition: Survive
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 1 round
Special power: None

Crocodile (Rank 2)
Habitat: River (Can not go into Sky)
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 2 rounds (Can survive 1 round without food)

Eagle (Rank 3)
Habitat: Sky
Lose condition: Dies when starved for 2 rounds (Can survive 1 round without food)

Hyena (Rank 4)
Win condition: Lion dies
Lose condition: Lion survives
Special power: Dies when starved for 3 rounds (Can survive 2 rounds without food)

Otter
Habitat: River (Can not go into Sky)
Lose Condition: Die
Special power: If in habitat with all remaining weak prey animals (even just itself), can not be killed. (Otter, Deer, Mallard, Rabbit)

Chameleon
Habitat: Forest (Can not go into Sky)
Lose condition: Die
Special power: Disguise self when peaked at by another player

Snake
Win condition: Over 9 players are dead at the end
Lose condition: Under 9 players are dead at the end
Special power: Unable to die, any animals which attack the snake will die

Deer
Special power: If in habitat with all remaining weak prey animals (even just itself), can not be killed. (Otter, Deer, Mallard, Rabbit)

Crow
Win condition: Guess a winner (Done at start)
Lose condition: Incorrect guess
Special power: Peak at an additional player for total of 2

Mallard

Rabbit

Egyptian Plover
Habitat: River
Win condition: Crocodile wins
Lose condition: Crocodile dies

Rat
Win condition: Lion wins
Lose condition: Lion dies

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 12, 2013

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 2: If someone was going to be sacrificed to the Genius gods, happy it was her, as she wasn't really bringing much to the show. Glad Hong Chul stuck around. We still really haven't gotten a sense of him game-wise yet. First episode he got out early, this episode he being abandoned.

Thought it was interesting they all bet on him to get garnets, of course, the producers can just as easily adjust later on the line to account for that, so if an item could be purchased, could cost more. Wonder how much Jinho got out of it, he was already at what, 12 (previous 2 + 10 as overall winner)? Could be up to 24 if he went all in on Hong Chul.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Same here, I just look away. Thankfully they do the black bumper before and after, so it's fairly easy to look away and back and not miss anything. Sometimes they're deliberately misleading, sometimes not. But even if they're misleading, they still sometimes point to a specific thing happening, which I try to avoid getting spoiled on.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

S2E5 phone talk: I would guess the suggestion came in because he was using the phone to type in the gem type information, which showed he had some level of comfort with the device, while the others all focused on writing it on paper.

The episode was also a clear product tie in for the phone anyway, with the boxes for them in all the rooms, so I'm sure that was just part of the promo.

Teek fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Jan 10, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

redreader posted:

Also, what's the deal with the lawyer and the comedian? As part of her game show victory she got loads of money and the choice to blind date... anyone? so she picked him because she thinks he's hot? Then what happened? Did he just not show up and she got embarrassed on live tv or something?

I think they showed footage of it, didn't they? It was just a filmed gag date I think, but from what I've read, they remained in contact periodically afterwards.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ironic Twist posted:

Yeah, I was upset about the episode until I actually watched it, and I have to say that Doohee played as big of a part in his elimination as anyone. Seriously, get up off the floor and shake down the people who you know have your ID. Make deals with garnets. Talk to people. Adapt. Something.

Big time this from me. There was a failure on a lot of levels for him to get out of that spot in the episode, but he kept taking the wrong path. He put his faith completely in someone, which after an episode full of betrayals, was really shortsighted.

As far the ID thing, it's not the first time they've tied in rules to something you must have. Someone leaving/losing their swag has happened several times in the show. Sometimes it's used to effect, like the garnet last year, or used but not important like Hong Chul last week, or not used as all as we've seen several times players will find someone's garnet bag and return it to them. All fair game, if you are given items to play, you need to keep them on your person.

The episode was hard to watch by the end, and to an extent he was being poo poo-on by several of the others, but only because he was making it so easy.

First half of the episode was killer, frantic Sangmin was hilarious.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Jan 14, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

S2E7: Good episode, you could figure something was up with the way Sangmin was made to go last. Surprised Jinho went home, to Jiwon of all people. The double tie was crazy.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

This was a pretty fun episode with people helping each other, running off to work on things on their own, a good little trick to the puzzle, etc. I guess the magnet thing was just a complete red herring...

I believe that was just a side effect of the way the die were connected, right? The players thought that was the trick, but it was just a result of the way they got the two sides to lock in place.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Shakugan posted:

The main issue is that people often use this thread to find out when an episode is released (on account of it being a Korean show that has to be subtitled and all). If one comes into the thread and sees who gets eliminated randomly, it would be kind of rough.

This. I'm not sure what's so bad about spoilering an episode until the next episode is released? The release schedule for episodes is not consistent, so I think it would be safer to stick with that.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

S2E8: What I liked about this game, was that the garnets could be used. Initially I thought it would heavily favor Sangmin, and to an extent I think it did, but there was some good play available there where you could pass and potentially amass a large number of garnets from other garnet heavy players, assuming you don't eventually lose in the elimination. Allowed production to even things out a bit since it was heavily tilted towards Sangmin.

Sorry to see Hong chul go. Also would like to point out we still have yet to fully disprove Junghyun's Keyser Soze/Jigsaw persona. He faltered a bit in the elimination to not appear as strong, I'm sure of it.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 27, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

SMP posted:

Yessssss :getin: Junghyun has at least made it to the semi-finals. I can't believe that guy made it this far. Even though there wasn't any kind of Keyser Soze mastermind twist involved it's still pretty awesome seeing him be deadly in deathmatches. Yohwan probably didn't deserve to survive this round, he's bumbled through everything so far.

I thought this episode had some good pay off, mainly in that Sangmin gave up the immunity token and Jiwon finally got booted. Junghyun's domination also continues. If there's a season 3, I wonder if they'll not have the immunity token, was a bit too powerful in the hands of an already strong player.

Preview spoiler: Didn't watch too much of the preview, but I appreciate that Doohee will apparently be participating.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Symbolic Butt posted:

I hope Yohwan is eliminated next week because it'd look pretty bad if he actually won The Genius considering how goofy he was at pretty much every game.

I'm totally ok with Mr. Magoo winning though.

I think that's my biggest problem with Yohwan too. He's deliberately tanked several times. I enjoy the show because people find ways to win, not because someone won a game by default because one guy tanked on purpose.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

survivalstrategy posted:

Is there any way we can compile the tracks that helpful people have identified during the episodes into the first post? Other than the random "Tank!" from Cowboy Bebop and one more OST track that I can't recall the name of (but was used in S1 over a couple of episodes) I had no idea about these songs and really liked hearing new stuff. Really want to track some of them down.

Skrillex, the answer to that is always Skrillex like 90% of the time.

Finale: Yay! Sangmin won! I got a sense that he may have won from the talking heads earlier in the episode. Sometimes you can get a sense of when they're filmed, some clearly before games, some after games. One particular one he looked especially happy and from the context, it seemed like it was filmed after the games were over.

Have to give Yohwan credit, he came with his A game. First game he was solid, and I thought his literal card counting was a great bit of underrated genius. When he pulled out the answer in game 2 I was stunned. Loved everyone going "Oh poo poo!" "WTF?" after he pulled out the number he did. When he gave his reasoning though for those it finally made sense, certainly was a back-asswards way to get to the password though. Quatro I could take or leave. I thought they might have been some shenanigans incoming, but it played out pretty mundanely. Also surprised by several of the powers not being used ever.

Solid season, but Yohwan really hampered several episodes with his deliberate tanking.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Feb 27, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Give me Junghyun and Sangmin for guest cameos in Season 3 and I'll be happy.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

MrLonghair posted:

Should theorizing be spoilered for that episode? I'll untag it if not, I think it was the drunk uncle just based on the the manwha on display, historical action (three kingdoms?) that definitely brought up that critical point on the body. Also think he's got the emotional background for it, being a sad unwilling piece of luggage in his 40s without even a girlfriend, only getting room and food from the only family connection he has left. I hope it's not another case of me thinking too deep and going John rather than Sherlock.

Similar to my line of thinking. Since this is all just speculation, perhaps we can leave it unspoilered, but when it comes to the actual murderer reveal, we could spoil that?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

There was practically nothing on the daughter that I can remember beyond all the merchandise purchases. If she was being cut off because of financial issues, she could have had motive if she could have inherited some $$$. That's one thing about the show, is that to make it a big whodunit, it has to throw out legit possible motives for everyone, which makes it a bit hard to pull together the strings to lock down who it is.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Argue posted:

I haven't seen the ep yet, but is this essentially that game show Whodunnit from a few months ago where there's a butler who has contestants solving riddles to sniff out the murderer? What are the mechanics?

It's less of a game show than Whodunnit, though there is apparently some prize component. It's not really a reality competition type show per se, more of a play where they're in control. They're given a lot of facts and have to suss out the important details. Each of the players randomly picks one of six parts to play in the murder mystery, with their own backstories, alibis and motives. They're then presented with a crime scene which they can explore, and various facts as they interview each other and they have to then identify which one killed the victim. Unlike Whodunnit, the murderer knows they are such from the character card they picked at the beginning. That way they can throw the others off the scent. There's also no eliminations. They're given gold coins at the beginning and based on whether they pick the murderer or avoid being picked, they'll get more coins. If a majority of innocents pick the murderer, they get their gold. If the murderer is not selected, they get the coins of the majority.

I would then assume in the next murder game they play, they may be given the initial coin allotment again. With the victors of the previous game having more total gold.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 13, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Second episode of Crime Scene has been subbed.

Guess we should spoil murderer reveal talk from this episode? Still will be a bit general with this:

Murderer made sense, and even though the contestants missed a fairly vital clue, I think it could have been explained away if needed.

In hindsight there were a lot of red herrings for several of the players. Seems like there should be some reward for those who identify the murderer even if they weren't in the majority. But then I guess everyone's job is to convince the rest who the real murderer is. Also played some part this episode, as the murderer being in the majority tilted it away from them in the final count.

Second episode preview also confirms the same cast, which I think was a question early on.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 20, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Nondevor posted:

In the first episode where they were introducing the cast, the narration mentioned that she went to UCLA. That's a pretty good reason to know some English!

Yeah, according to Wikipedia, she moved to the San Fernando Valley in the 4th grade and then went to UCLA. So both she and Henry have a lot of English experience. Noticeably, most of Henry's notes appeared to be in English. Never caught hers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

One thing on my mind, could the victim's phone have been planted by one of the two who found her body? I mean we assume it was there all the time, but if the message was sent after the fact too, then it could have been sent from another location while that person was establishing their alibi, then later planted back with the victim.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Crime Scene episode 4 killer reveal: Did spoilers leak for this episode ahead of time? The audience seemed so heavily against Jinho the whole time in their ongoing polls. While a lot of the evidence did really point to him, it didn't seem any more than usual.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, having a guest who's on task does a lot of improve things. Not that Henry wasn't fun, it's just a nice change a pace though.

Figure the water has to play some part. The one woman who was feeling sleepy also is suspicious, in that if she and the victim drank something, the victim just more so than her, the victim could have been knocked out and then killed in some way.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 7 of the now streamlined Crime Scene is now subbed.

Guess we can spoiler everything now that the criminal is revealed in one episode?

Episode 7: Big holy crap to that phone in the poster, that was a hilarious reveal. Also big ups to the production team, who eliminated the fat and extended the episode by 20 minutes to still keep all that good twisty finger-pointing meat in the show.

For those curious about the differences between the two episode and one episode format: Combined the evidence presentation and open questioning session into one, eliminated the mid-show criminal guess and eliminated all the recapping. They also extended the episode. Now instead of two 75 minute episodes, it's one 95 minute crime.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jun 26, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Loved that the cast tore that prison apart looking for clues. They're really getting better at looking through everything. Makes sense that a prison would have a lot of hidden poo poo, hilariously they still missed a lot of stuff on their first pass through.

Teek fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 26, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Crime Scene subbed episode 9 is now up.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I agree, or at least a more regular rotation of guest cast. The main cast generally got better at finding clues as the game went on, and I think the experience would be helping guests as well to fish for clues and piece things together.

Since next week's the finale, I hope there's a chance it's brought back for another season at some point.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jul 10, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 10 now subbed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 10 Spoilers: Yeah, I guess the money was split? The twists and clues were flying fast and furious that episode, good on the Detective for nailing one of the best ones. The lead actor killing her when he saw she didn't really have any money didn't make any sense to me until they revealed the kidnapping bit.

Really happy the cast was freely talking about season 2, so hopefully that's not too far off. Would like to see everyone back if possible.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jul 19, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

While we're waiting on Genius season 3, everyone should watch Abnormal Summit episode 11, if only for the bit where the visiting Egyptian cast member gets into it with the Chinese cast member about their country's ancient inventions. Their back and forth is hilarious.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That sounds possible, I was also wondering if they would actually be used as the reward for the next episodes' game. Either the sole winner gets them, or they get split or divided in some way among the winners.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

S3E2: Bit weak main match because of the criminals becoming dummies fairly quickly. Liked the death match, also saw the draws coming from Yongsuk in the later term to guarantee his lead.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I didn't get a sense he was being that serious as he was poo poo talking many of them, it was just that his power actually afforded him the ability to safely play up things a bit more.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

S3E04: Thought the Deathmatch was an interesting variation on something they've done before. Also was a bit surprised that several people gave up their black garnets so easily.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Episode 8: It was Ahyoung's time. She kind of lucked into winning the Deathmatch in the first episode, and she got crushed mentally really easily this time around. I'm going to miss her goofiness, but she wasn't bringing much to the main games outside of the jokes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Holy crap at that ending. Feel bad for Yeonjoo, Dongmin got his rear end pulled out of the fire that episode.

The order of operations thing also should seemingly have been brought up initially in the rules. I guess that is usually how it should go, but you'd think they would mention it anyway for their numerical games like this. That way everyone is playing with a clear goal in mind, and not bombing out later on for misunderstanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Ehh, yes, but there's a bit more involved with these games with changing in and out numbers and signs that some other rules might apply.