Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Instead of talking about depressing things like car accidents and Adventure Time, watch this: http://youtu.be/iEdBeyXGZ94

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DivisionPost posted:

Yeah, it sounds like the same model as Prime, where it's free if you have the service, but you can buy episodes individually for $2-3 if you don't. And unlike Prime shows, I think this will be available on other services (but definitely don't quote me on that).

Interestingly enough there's also whispers that Sony might use this to revive Community. It's based on very little besides "the name of the show showed up on the screen of an E3 presentation alongside several other shows," though.

That's the exact same image they used at last year's conference. I know I'm the guy who should be getting unreasonably hopeful but that doesn't change anything.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I vote we institute hazing.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Annakie posted:

Yes, but it only works for the first person who does it.

Hi everyone, I'm the new mod.

I'm fine with this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It was Mike's voice.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Yo I have to post about this because if I don't make a record of this, somewhere, I won't believe it actually happened

So I was in the gym shower after working out and a dude walked in with his loving chest hair shaved into the shape of a loving cross

Already a great story but not the best part

The best part was this dude connected his chest-cross to his pubic hair (which honestly seems a bit sacrilegious to me but w/e)

His pubic hair was completely unshaved

So essentially this dude made a giant loving arrow pointing straight to his cock and balls, and if there was ever a more succinct metaphor for the role of religion in society I have not seen it

I love everything.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Justin Roiland is a very strange man but that was almost a decade ago. It's like deciding not to watch Community because Dan Harmon made Laser Fart.

http://youtu.be/6rTetlYeZ18?t=1m51s

Also, if you want to associate Harmon with some bizarre pre-Community thing, you should make it Heat Vision and Jack.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh my god

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cardboard Box A posted:

Should I finish Season 2 of Korra? I watched up through the origin of the avatar special which was pretty good but stopped there.

The finale is hilariously dumb. I'm not sure it's worth pushing through everything else though.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

People who were teenagers during the original series and who watch for the very occasional moments where Korra does what Avatar did so well: transcend the medium of cartoon for children and become something undeniably greater.

I'm not even sure I necessarily disagree with this but it's probably the single most pretentious, insufferable way you could possibly have phrased it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Or the TVIV thread! :haw:

You know what? Just keep avoiding it even after you're done.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Eh, TV is alright I guess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I tried going outside while the forums were down. It didn't go well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The new Korra thread hasn't been posted, so he can't quit yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Is there any show on TV with cinematography anywhere as close to the quality of Breaking Bad? I feel that even if the acting, writing, and story had all been bad, the show would still have been mesmerizing just due to it's creative camera work and incredible landscapes. Google images

Hannibal and Mad Men are the best examples I can think of off the top of my head.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

hope and vaseline posted:

Aughhhh I can't stand it when eyes get touched, pierced, or anything. It makes me squirm worse than any other kind of body horror.

Yeah, I can't bear to look at that.

Also, Seth MacFarlane is a ridiculously nice person, apparently.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

What.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Zaggitz posted:

Ari are you gonna do the Game of Thrones and Walking Dead threads too? You should consider it.

I don't watch those shows, but sure.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I love that the dude is already planning ahead for making a Community movie instead of just thanking his lucky stars and using the 6th season to wrap everything up. Never learn or change, Dan.

That's from months ago.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rarity posted:

Irish Joe nominating The Talking Dead as best show of 2013 shows he is still relevant in the modern era

To the contrary, that just sealed my opinion of him. The Talking Dead win (and the rest of that list) was just boring and lame because no one would actually think that. It was pandering to our expectations because we celebrated and encouraged his intentionally terrible opinions. Irish Joe was better when you could at least pretend there was a real person behind that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

IRQ posted:

Except he's just Irish Joe but takes longer.

And with the added annoyance of his posts being taken seriously by a good number of people.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just bought American Gods like two days ago but haven't started on it. I should probably get to reading it after hearing about this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, the real reason SMG is so annoying is that the rush of people trying to prove they're smart by being contrarian and doing lovely freshman "analysis" makes it really hard to actually discuss a movie on any other wavelength.

Arist fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 2, 2014

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Taxi Brooklyn is pretty run-of-the-mill but the cab driver character is great.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently this is premiering on NBC tomorrow, and all I can think of is this.

quote:

Working the Engels

In this family comedy, a family of ne'er-do-wells must band together to keep their heads above water when their father and breadwinner passes away, leaving them a mountain of debt.

The Engels must all go to work running Dad's storefront law firm, with one minor problem: daughter Jenna Engel is the only one who is qualified to practice law. Unfortunately for Jenna, this also means taking on her eccentric relatives as co-workers. Ceil, the self-absorbed and overly dramatic but fiercely protective mother works as the firm's paralegal; Sandy, a former pill-popper who has never worked a day in her life, is the receptionist and first line of defense at the firm; and Jimmy, a petty criminal and bad boy who is utterly devoted to his family, is the firm's investigator. Jenna, the youngest sibling and "the good one," becomes the unlikely family patriarch, running the law firm and keeping her crazy family together.

It's not pretty, but it's family.

I find absolutely everything about this image offensive.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Uh, Comedy Bang Bang rules.

So does Tim & Eric, for that matter.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not a loving crutch, dude.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is an absurd argument.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

When your showrunner is on record as going "well we just tried to see how far we could push it before the FCC shut us down" it's not artistic intent, it's trying to see what you can get away with

Hth

Oh my god you are willfully misinterpreting this poo poo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Party Plane Jones posted:

I was just shocked that Daniels won for the Newsroom. I couldn't name a single person who even watched that show over the other Best Actor nominations.

It's because HBO has a shitload of voters. I wonder if they'll all pool for McConaughey. If they don't, I expect Cranston to take it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

To be fair to Aatrek wanting to gently caress a kid is more normal than loving a pony

Don't do this.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love you Deadpool

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

really! great. just great. this. is. a. great. day.

Unironically, yes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

why? just...just why. why.

This is what happens when you toxx over Community folks. Don't let it happen to you.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this? posted:

Do you have any proof of that or are you just being an rear end in a top hat?

It's PriorMarcus, dude.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yahoo might also pick up Enlisted: http://www.avclub.com/article/yahoo-might-also-save-enlisted-206893

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Quick, now someone else with a man staring at the camera avatar, post, we have a 7 post chain so far (counting this one)

I should probably watch Fargo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Deadpool posted:

Last month Kacy Catanzaro became the first woman to ever beat the City Qualifier on American Ninja Warrior and in the process the first woman to ever make it up the Warped Wall in competition. This week she was in the City Finals and she was loving amazing. There's no Youtube video of it but instead here's a Dailymotion video. It's pretty goddamn awesome.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21hgrx_kacy-catanzaro-american-ninja-warrior-dallas-finals_sport

This is loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aphrodite posted:

They still do the Japanese one. The American one is a qualifier to get there.

I just looked it up and they've been replicating the course in Vegas instead of sending them to Japan for the last few seasons.

• Locked thread