Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: No Gods Watch Over Me
System: The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future
Format: PbP
Players: Any – I ask questions, and anyone can answer
Description: A game designed for online play, where I, a pilgrim travelling the Sundered Land, must try to escape danger while everyone else tries to see me dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Game Let's Go On An Adventure!
System Ryuutama
Format Discord
Players 6?
Description Travel the Land of Dragons and learn something maybe.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Game [18USA] Ron Paul's Train Extravaganza!
System 18USA (18XX)
Format PbP
Players 4-5
Description Try to get richer than everybody else in one of the most variable set up 18xx games out there, complete with all of 1817's financial shenanigans.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 11, 2018

comforthawk
Apr 15, 2018

Game: Toddlers Flinging Dice
System: D&D 5e
Format: Discord/Text
Players: Looking for 1-2 more [4-5 total]
Description: A new DM and several new/rusty players are looking for a couple more players for a basic, chill, entry-level campaign. Some of us have a little experience with D&D but not much.
It's a primarily Aussie group, Sundays GMT+10 around 8PM or so, so like 5AM Central for me and other Americans with late night/early morning schedules. Currently have a fighter, a monk, a rogue, and a sorcerer.

Players obtained!

Edit: We had a player withdraw 'cause his schedule got extra busy, so we could use another, preferably healer-flavored.

comforthawk fucked around with this message at 06:47 on May 14, 2018

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Wyrmsea: Adventures on the Endless Blue
Format: Play-by-Post (with Roll20 elements)
Players: 6-8
Description: A high romance, high fantasy take on the golden age of piracy, the players will start as shipwrecked survivors of a mutiny on a mindflayer prison hulk marooned on a deserted isle, and band together to become some of the greatest buccaneers of the Ornassi Main. Not just 7th Sea with elves and dwarves, but an fantastical take with reaving minotaurs, illithid submarines, cloud giant palaces, and a mysterious giant whirlpool threatening the integrity of the world, all the while tempered with a background of national intrigue and a Great Game afoot for the players to profit from, or get caught in the crossfire of.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 7, 2018

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Game: Out of the Abyss
Format: Play-by-Post or Discord, with Roll20 combat
Players: 4-6
Description: You've been kidnapped by the drow! Now you find yourself shackled, stripped of your gear and sharing a dark cell with a handful of other unfortunate souls. Can you escape and find your way back to the surface world or will the twisting tunnels drive you mad?

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really
e: concerns adressed, ignore this post

Terrorforge fucked around with this message at 09:38 on May 7, 2018

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
System: The Sundered Land: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – up to 4 will be caravan guards, but anyone can join in as a nameless, restless shade
Description: Four guards defend a caravan from a deadly hazard as it traverses the Burnt Road to reach the City of Gulls. Perhaps they will succeed; perhaps the vultures will pick at their bones while their shades curse the sky.

:siren: There is a 24 hour application window before I roll to see who the guards are! :siren: After that, anyone who starts posting (and anyone who isn't a guard) is a shade, with a minor influence over the story. This will be a quick, short game, probably a week at most.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Beneath the Feet of Giants
Game system: Apocalypse World Second Edition
Format: Forums PbP, with Discord support
Players: Looking for 2 more to replenish the ranks
Description: Giant creatures destroyed civilization and now patrol the broken land. How are you surviving?

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Game: [PDQ] Supervillains - Your Rise to Power
Game system: PDQ
Format: Forums PbP
Players: 6ish
Description: A game of supervillainly, in the mold of a smallgods game. You wake up one day to find your normal life turned upside down due gaining a super-human power. This is the story of your rise from relative nobody to world famous/infamous super villain. Will you construct a doom ray, rule your hometown's underworld from the shadows, or just go with that old standby and steal a nuke to hold the world hostage with? It's up to you.

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.

Melchiresa posted:

Game: Destiny of the Desert
System: DnD 4e - Dark Sun (starting at level 11)
players: 4-6
Description: Go on a grand adventure to turn a dustbowl planet that's actively trying to kill you into the habitable world it once was.

Hey everyone, looking for a striker to replace a withdrawal! Party is level 12 now, and we've got a new recruit thread!

Auraboks
Mar 24, 2013

...huh?
Game: [Masks] Society is the Worst Villain
System: Masks
Format: Discord PbP
Players: 3-5
Description: Use your superpowers and teenage angst to punch upwards in an unjust society.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: [Wir Sind Das Volk 2+2] The answer is 4 fyi
System: Wir Sind Das Volk 2+2
Players: 4
Description: Help either West or East Germany survive the cold war!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hypnobeard posted:

Game: Rappan Athuk - The Murderhobo's Dream
System: Swords & Wizardry Complete
Format: PbP w/Discord support
Players: 4-6 per party, but the more the merrier in general
Description: It's Rappan Athuk, a giant mega-dungeon and wilderness crawl. It's old-skool D&Dish. It's murderhoboing at its finest with no punches pulled. Characters will die. Amusing events and pratfalls will ensure.
We're trying to get enough people to get a second party exploring the dungeon, so it's a good time to app.

RyuHimora
Feb 22, 2009
Game: Camp Bluegrass
System: D&D 4e
Format: PbP w/ Discord and Roll20 for combats
Players: 3-4
Description: Be a low-level teenage adventurer in the year-round Camp Bluegrass and try to survive the physical challenges with your body intact, and the social challenges with your dignity intact.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Game: Heroes of the Jade Constellation
System: Wandering Heroes of Ogre Gate
Players: 3-5
Description: Through hard work, cunning, and luck, seek to excel as a disciple of the Sect of Verdant Truth in this Sci Fi-inspired Wuxia game.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Game: Trapped in Midnight or Maybe Just a Different Timezone
System: Something along the lines of Fate, Dungeon World, Fellowship, etc to start, then maybe longer, more involved games like Mage: the Awakening 2E
Format: Voice-over-Discord
Players: Already have 2, looking for 1-3
Description: My friend and I have hosed up schedules so our ideal time for gaming is about 1am EST Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, though there is some flexibility to this. We'd like to start up a regular, weekly game. We're both down for running or playing. We would like to start with something relatively light and short, like Save Game or 1920's martial arts kung fu in Fate, or a standard-ish fantasy romp with Dungeon World or Fellowship, as a get-to-know-everyone and get-into-the-swing thing. Please get in touch with me either via PM here or thatoldtree on the gmails.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Game The F-Ward Shopping District
System Golden Sky Stories
Format Play By Post
Players 4-5
Description Help out a struggling shopping district using your magic powers and adorable animal-ness.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Game: Dungeon World One-shot
System: Dungeon World
Format: Roll20/Discord
Players: 3-4, looking for 1-2 more
Description: I want to run a Dungeon World one-shot sometime in June, but I've never GMed before and don't have a lot of TTRPG experience. I've got a couple interested people, but I want to round out the numbers a bit and get some support and advice. I'm looking for one or two players that are more versed in Dungeon World than I am to help keep the game interesting, fun, and on track.

This will likely be a live game run over Roll20. We don't have a set time or day yet, nor has anyone committed to the game yet - it's all still tentative, but if I can get enough people together, I think everyone will be more likely to throw their hats in.

PMs would be best!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 14:18 on May 23, 2018

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Plant
System: The Plant
Players: Any – I ask questions, and anyone can answer
Description: Your daughter is in the plant. You are going to find her.

A collaborative game where we explore past and present to piece together the future.

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
Game: 10,000 War Gods
System: PDQ
Players: Six-ish
Description: A godgame for war gods. You've been tricked, trapped, and/or punished with imprisonment on a strange, tropical island. You can't escape-- at least, not for another 500 years. Can you survive long enough to get back home?

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: The Last Great Game
System: Fate Accelerated (Hack)
Players: 7
Description: A "godgame" focused on planeswalkers using the setting from Magic: the Gathering, with "hexcrawl" characteristics and a focus on collaborative worldbuilding. The mana of the Multiverse is dying out, and the black lotuses might be the only solution, or they may just be the bait that draws the players into cosmic, multiplanar shenanigans in a sandbox across time and space.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Game: Children of the Twin Sparrows
System: LOST (free Japanese indie RPG available in English here)
Players: 4-5
Description: Come join in the very first English playtest for this game I translated. It's got the setting of Tokyo Jungle and a system that will remind some people of Darkest Dungeon. Lots of focus on resource management, risk/reward balance, slowly building up initially weak characters, and the feeling of barely holding on to your own survival. Play as youth living in a snowy city in northern Japan trying to survive a post-apocalypse full of overflowing nature and monsters. Try not to die.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014
Game: World Alliances and Rivalries
System: Freeform (little dice use (almost never), mostly focused on writing and character development, no stats to speak of)
Format: PBEM (we have a Discord server for out of character chatter, but gameplay occurs via a Google Group, with another Google Group used for OOC messages from the admin/GMs like rules tweaks.)
Players: We have 6 at present, with no real limit on how many newbies we can take at once (though it might be slower if, like, 5 or 6 people show up at once...)
Description: Pick a country on the map of the world (as of 9/2/17)! You play a head of government (President, PM, dictator, Caudillo, etc). We're looking for a few good leaders!

Other stuff to note: Countries taken are listed on the how to join page at this link. It's relatively authoritative, but we really do need 3 countries listed when you sign up. Makes it easier if your first choice was taken before we had a chance to update that page.

Otherwise, if you're looking for "countries we really suggest" if you have no clue: Currently, we could really use a UK, Germany, and one of either Japan or South Korea. France would be kind of neat too, but in a "second-tier, once the UK or Germany is filled" kind of way.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Militaires Sans Frontieres
System: Pocket Geiger Counter
Players: up to 7 (plus me for 8 total)
Description: Let’s be renegade superhuman soldiers who get killed by Solid Snake.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: It's Good to Be Evil: Way of the Wicked
Format: Play-by-Post (with Discord and Roll20 elements)
Players: 7
Description: Based on the Pathfinder adventure path, but with a decidedly darkly humorous twist, this campaign will follow a party of villains who join a cult of Asmodeus to destroy a earthly paradise of Good for their own selfish reasons and impose instead their own tyranny on it.

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 28, 2018

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Fuego Fish posted:

Game: [MHRP] To Me, My X-Men!
System: Marvel Heroic

Description: Be the X-Men! Explore and develop a brand new continuity where mutants (and mutants only) save the world with strange powers, have complex character arcs, fall in love, and do all the other things that X-Men are known to do. Expect adventures in the Savage Land, trips to outer space, fights against genocidal robots, and maybe a little time travel on the side.

Looking for a couple more mutants to round out the cast for the upcoming episode four! Being up to date on the game thread is a bonus but not a necessity!

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Game: Agents of the Apocalypse[PDQ]
Game system: PDQ
Players: 6-ish
Description: You were normal, but one of the factions vying for the destruction and domination of reality has chosen YOU to break it all down and determine the fate of the bodies/minds/souls of humanity.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Game: Warhammer 40,000: The Hive
Game system: Dark Heresy 2e
Players: 6
Description: 40k game inspired by an unhealthy mix of cop shows like The Wire, The Shield, Law & Order, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Kindergarten Cop, etc. There will be investigations, shootouts, undercover work, shootouts, department politics, shootouts and more!

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Look Around You posted:

Game Fate of Legends
System D&D 4e
Format PBP (or discord text if the party prefers)
Players 6
Description Recover the Tablets of Fate from the Deities who assassinated Ao in this epic tier adventure staring at level 21.

We had one drop during our run through the Nine Hells. By the time you join, the party will have successfully defeated Asmodeus and returned with a piece of the sundered Tablets of Fate. I'm looking for one person. You will be starting at level 24.

New recruit thread!

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Game: The Next Project: 2018 Edition Playtest
Game system: TNP 2018(a) Playtest Packet
Format: Forums PbP (with Discord support)
Players: 3-6,ish
Description: D&D-flavoured fantasy system; playtest of the 5th draft of the rules; Sage, Fighter, Ranger, Adventurer, and Warlord classes are available.

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012

Bigup DJ posted:

Game: WYZZARDS
System: homebrew/PBTA
Format: Discord/Roll20 (join now)
Players: 4 (NO WEIRDOS)
Description: Wizards have ruined the world. You are wizards. You go on adventures.

EDIT: Alright apparently it's unclear what the game is actually about, here's more details:

BASIC PREMISE OF THIS GAME: You are wizards, you go on adventures and work to defend your villages from HOSTILE FORCES. UFO crashed into Tower of Babel and spilled out its cargo which turned into edible jungle of alien creatures; those who eat of the jungle begin turning into aliens, it is gradually terraforming the planet. Invaders return to recover ship; mysterious builders of tower return to recapture it; you are caught in the middle! What will you do?!

SYSTEM: Fairly complicated but basic mechanic is roll 3d6+Modifier, 9 or less = fail, 10-13 = partial success, 14+ = full success. More details in channel

Need one or two more players to round this out, most recently a player's village was nuked by an alien mothership, another player's village is crumbling under the weight of occupying fairies, sky collapses and refugees from other villages, good fun so far.

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Game: Savage Shadowrun
System Shadowrun using the Savage Worlds system
Format: Discord voice chat w/roll20 for maps and rolling
Players: 3 currently, looking for 1-3 more.
Description: Got a team of two cyber-butt-kickers and an elven mage/face. Looking for a few more players to round things out. We play shortish (2 hours on average) games weekly on monday evenings PST (exact time is a bit flexible, and we can potentially do tuesday evenings as well).

oriongates fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 11, 2018

Manofmanusernames
Jul 27, 2012

Jackass.
Game: Small Town Where Weird poo poo Happens
System: Unknown Armies 3e
Format: Discord or Hangouts
Players: No more than 7
Description: Welcome to Milton, a small town in Michigan on the upper peninsula. Milton is an epicenter of weird poo poo perfectly normal town full of magick hobos, secret cults and hauntings where nothing out of the ordinary ever happens.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Game: Curse of Strahd!
System: D&D 5E
Format: PbP/Discord with Roll20
Description: Its Curse of Strahd! It will be a full playthrough of the published adventure from level 1-10.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Game: The Name Game
System: Strike!
Format: Discord
Players: Probably 3-5
Description: You're powerful Named heroes and/or villains using your powers to settle an ancient debate for the gods while Fate tries to get you caught up in heroic/villainous cliches! Based on Practical Guide to Evil

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Reefer… Madness!
System: Everyone Is John
Players: However many (but probably not more than 7-8)
Description: Everyone Is John through the medium of horrifically outdated anti-drug propaganda.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Magnusth posted:

Game: [IKRPG] A Cygnaren Dustbowl Dustup
System: IKRPG
Format: Roll20/Discord
Players: looking for 5 or 6 players
Description: Players will play a ragtag band of mercenaries trying to stop whoever's whoever's trying to prevent Steelwater Rail from laying down rail to connect the utterly corrupt, but booming, mining town of Twin's Ascension to the rest of Cygnar. The game will feature crime, corruption, evil railway companies, evil preachermen, rough-and-tumble heroes, spurs, six-shooters, trollkin cowboys with big iron on their hip, and, of course, saloons, gambling and shootouts with drunk dwarves

A player droppe dout, so we're looking for one or two more to take over! We play sundays at 1 EDT/7 CET (6 if you don't do daylight savings)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Game: The Sword Coast Shuffle
System: D&D5e
Players: 6
Description: Let's steal some treasure! A mysterious backer is assembling a heist crew to do some cool crime in Faerun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: Written in Red
System: Vampire: the Requiem 2nd edition
Format: Virtual Tabletop (Roll20)
Players: 5
Description: Collaboratively-built sandbox, staying true to the goal of personal horror. Players & Storyteller collectively write the secret history of the city with Microscope, then build a coterie (possibly using Climbing the Ladder), then run rampant through their creation.

Sessions will be Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday starting at 7 PM PST.

kaynorr fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jun 19, 2018