Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Holy poo poo Doug Benson easily skyrockets to the top of the list of "worst 3rd mic's ever" He is beyond terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

CrashCat posted:

It's about 50/50 with me these days whether I will laugh at a Norton character or just want to punch him. But I know the fucker knows what he's doing when he completely wrecks the flow, so I don't mind it. Opie, on the other hand, I'm not sure he's even trainable at this point. Remembering about the instant feedback reminded me that he's been slamming on the brakes for nothing for decades now. Even Sam has a better loving sense for that, even though he fucks it up by taking annoying lovely callers.

Doof McKoggan

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Paul Kersey posted:

Adam Carolla did a phoner on Brother Wease's show last week and it didn't go well. If anybody wants to learn where Opie picked up his douchiest traits, from the interview itself to the aftermath, look no further than Wease.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpH6pthjw5I

Mother Hucker

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Jim just needs to get away and let it truly become Opie Radio so he can take callers, pretend he knows all the bits/references and talk about news and how to go viral. It could quite literally be the Opie and Todd Pettengill show.

However, it's either a lie or damage control

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Opie: Michael Strahan always used to do our show before....

Jim: Well, he only did it once.

Opie: Really, I thought it was more than once.

Haha, you just know Jim wishes he could call him out on all this bullshit daily. He probably hates coming into the show everyday and just wishes he could pair up with Ant when his NYC studio is up and going but Sirius $ is hard to walk away from

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Cromulent posted:

I miss loving O&A, but I also miss hating them as well. I just feel absolutely nothing about TACS or O&J.

I feel the same way. I mostly listen out of habit now. When I was in the Army in 2000 I used to catch them in Seattle of all places. Then when 9/11 happened I ended up in DC for a year and then the XM years I was an avid listener mostly because I have worked in the same boring 8-5 cubicle job for almost a decade now where we can wear headphones so listening to O/A and R/F was the extent of my work day. If I didn't have that job I would have quit listening long ago. I do like Norton and his goofiness but at this point I can't stomach Opie and his overexaggeration on every story and every experience he supposedly had when you can tell he's lying. I hope Ant moving into the city means good things.

You know Norton wishes he could go there but Sirius money talks and he's going to accept it as long as they just hand it over.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Niwrad posted:

Jimmy had a hilarious meltdown today dealing with United. The best is the @united account trying to help.

https://twitter.com/jimnorton

I wonder how many times he blinked while tweeting just wanting to be heard

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

As much as I think Anthony is the better "on air talent" than Opie at this point his show has dragged him down so far I don't even think if he approached Opie with the idea of reforming that the Opster would even want to.

As unfunny as he is, he's supported by Norton and the rotating guests of comics and the show doesn't seem to be struggling to keep it audience. They don't even need Anthony on the show anymore at this point

I thought it'd be the exact opposite, stupid me.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

It's amazing how bad the show is when Norton's out....I listened to like 8 minutes of Opie and Sherrod Small and I was like "nopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

was today a best of?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

FarmerHank posted:

Rat is the only thing I like about TACS. I wish him the best.

He quit?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

I love how everyone hates Opie's stupid loving character attempt. God is he a failure.

But he was just doing it because it was making him laugh!!!!!!!

He is confused why people are so angry about it!!!!!!!!!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I love the youtube comments, lmao

I would also be interested in what happens in Norton's brain when he sees this. He has to know this stinks but can't ever say anything.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Ransom posted:

No its probably just going to be the attack through social media format. People might try calling the show. Who knows really.

This is kinda desperate, douchy and weird.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

My favorite part of the new show is when there is a guest in and Norton or the Guest talks about an experience or something and Opie interupts and blurts out "OH MY GOD YOU'RE BRINGING UP THESE MEMORIES"

You can tell he's so obviously lying and trying to fit in and relate to the story. He wants to be believed that he is also cool and had these great experiences but you can just tell the way he says it he's looking for that "Me too right, guys?!" acceptance

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

For someone who claims to "Have been in radio since I was 18" you would think at least out of the 35 or so years there would be a time he was at least good at it.

I always thought after the split they'd get back together after 2 years but it's so much more evident now than ever that Jim and Anthony were the ones who carried the show to success with the occasional snippet of Opie saying or doing something funny bi-monthly.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

What's everyone's opinion on the Stangel's? Do they actually do anything for the show or are they there to just there to be voices and "friends" of Opie

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I hope he does a Harry Hater about the cake stomp video

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I love the poo poo out of Joe Machi.

I have no idea if he's a bit or that's really him but it was great

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

What movie is it they reference when someone is babbling about some word by saying it constantly and Jim or Ant would be like "ENOUGH...... ABOUT...... THE .....(INSERT WORD)

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Haha, that Pete Davidson/Fat Stangel tiff from Monday's show. It's kind of funny how Stangel kind of eluded to that it was Opie's idea for him to dress as Marty McFly.

Opie is a morning zoo guy to heart. He thinks he makes great radio behind the scenes while trying to come off as this chill, cool guy who's been doing radio since he was 18

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

O__O posted:

Omg the discussion about creationism was painful yesterday (on Bennington)

what time mark was it around (if possible)

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I'm 14 minutes in and you can tell that Opie is literally the problem for everything related to the O & A show.

He definitely thinks he can succeed on his own by living off his lame characters and morning zoo antics. He's really in for a rude awakening.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Yup, especially when Jim eluded to the whole Ben issue and he never told Jim about it because "He and Jim" aren't on that level.

He's so genuinely upset that Norton is still friends w/Ant and goes on the show and looks like he's the kid outside looking in. He also stated that "he's positive" that Ant talks poo poo to Jim about Opie when they're not on TACS and while I believe that part is true but can you blame Ant for not? He's frustrated too but Op is so mad that Jim is not exclusive to him that he's now shunned Jimmy for "Not being close" and part of his "Inside circle of trust" He's really a loving delusional old man.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Opie and Jim are trying to outwork the Ron and Fez dynamic. 15 years down the road we'll be exposed as rubes who strolled down the midway with our cotton candy.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Is the show live today?

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

He is probably dying to go to radio with that Brother Wheeze idiot.

Mutha and Hucka in the Morning

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Cromulent posted:

Ant did like 2 hours of bonus time after his show yesterday (December 2) with the Legion of Skanks guys talking about. It was pretty good, since it wasn't just Ant doing a monologue, Big Jay was asking really specific questions about their history/relationship and Ant was being even more candid.

was this ever posted anywhere

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Haha, I forgot that they had Bobo "arrested" and kept saying that the officers were waiting for him in the lobby and he got all dejected to the point of tears and said something like "Well, if I'll be gone for Thanksgiving maybe I'll make it home for Christmas" and Jim caved in and felt terrible. That was hilarious

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Keg posted:

Does anybody know how Ant ringing a bell when he thought of a racist joke started?

i believe it was just the "inappropriate bell" at first, and then morphed into that over time

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Dario the Wop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DltudCSG1oY

Sherrod vs. Burr on Trump

Features Opie trying to keep up with light political talk.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

howling

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

I saw 42 unread posts and thought what happened now.

I lol'd

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Did they ever say why he killed himself? He had just gotten married to a girl out of his league and had a kid right? Was he not able to find a job after being released?

This whole topic has been pretty hush hush

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Call Me Charlie posted:

He actually did a podcast a few months before his death.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZnstUMrgLQ

You can draw your own conclusions from his decision to hang himself on his first wedding anniversary.

I'm 31 minutes into this 37 minute podcast but there is nothing there so far. He got let go and seemed pretty happy at his rock station gig working and doing a show at night.

Unless something comes up these last 6 minutes there is nothing logical that leads me to believe why he would kill himself a year into his marriage with a newborn

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Lol at reading reddit in the year 2015

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

LOL at the comments

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Holy gently caress Mondays show was unlistenable garbage

Opie
Sam
Stangles.

I tapped out after an hour

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Droopy Goines posted:

Opie probably wants to replace Jimmy with Sam in October so he's trying that out.

Also, it sounds like Opie and Ron are not on the best terms since Opie banned ESD from the building and Ron still support him and thinks banning him was a dumb decision.

Opie probably also deep down hates Ron for going on Anthony's show and having Luis and Esther on his show.

Wait what? He got ESD banned from Sirius? What did I miss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

Boy do I despise Kirk Cinnamon

• Locked thread