Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Patware
Jan 3, 2005

So I'm super casual and just got bit by a Minecraft bug recently and pretty much rely on Technic exclusively to play cool Minecraft mods but pretty much everything I care to try except Tekkit is refusing to actually run. I'm mostly looking for a more fantasy/magic leaning pack but Hexxit and Hexxit Revisited are just opening Minecraft, hanging, and closing back down to the launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Dunno-Lars posted:

Neither, I'm just here to watch the world burn.

Record you reading the logs with a deep manly voice, then post the recording.

Is it OK if I also set it to Lux Aeterna or would MMMBop be preferred

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm early in a solo game of sevtech (age 1) and i had to stick my head in and shout into the void gently caress abyssalcraft

this poo poo is not fun to engage with

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Anyone got hot tips for Tinker's smeltery automation in SevTech (age 3)? Things that I feel like should be working are not and I'm not sure if it's because of a rules change in the modpack.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

StealthArcher posted:

Liquid hoppers work well enough, just make sure to check all the settings and be aware running multiples will screw up.

(Also, if you get a autosmelt/fortune pick, you can mine smeltery brick for an increased amount of cracked smeltery brick. This is effectively free infinite grout and thank god for it.)

Nice, I didn't even know about this thing. Took a little jankery to get it plugged in right (input faces me when I put it down?? sure ok) and I had some fear it was a lossy process but 21 blocks of gold went in and 21 blocks of gold came out.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

So it took programmatically searching a 30,000*30,000=900,000,000 square of blocks=900 square kilometer area to find a biome with some jungle saplings, and that biome ended up being a small tropical island.

this is why i enable cheats

you have to know when enough is enough

though i suppose when something becomes extremely bad it becomes a thrill to see how far down the hole is going to go

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

is there any name more pedantic than greg

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I prefer the mod that lets you grab poo poo if you have both hands empty so you're just sprinting through the world holding a spawner over your head while screaming

the only thing that would make it better is if the spawner kept spawning poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i don't know about twilight forest, it feels very unsatisfying very quickly, especially since it's STILL unfinished