Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I grew up in the Middle East. The donner kebabs here in the UK are awful. They are nothing like how proper shawarmas etc are supposed to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

Where, out of interest?

Bahrain and Dubai.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

3 dead, 6 in hospital in glasgow, and the sodding internet is wall-to-wall "told you, it was immigrants, send those asylum seekers back" without realising it's probably the asylum seekers themselves that were injured / killed.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Dravs posted:

I realised a while ago that the reason we don't get on with the French much is because we are so loving similar.

There's a reason for that: the Norman invasion was the French coming to England.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol get hosed you tedious piece of poo poo

:emptyquote:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

NGC773 posted:

Everyone knew a second wave was going to happen..... every single pandemic in human history has had a second wave.

The vast majority of people in COVID ICU are overweight. So some personal responsibility must be taken, can't blame everything on the government.

People need to not be idiots and social distance, especially if they are at risk.

Could you take some personal responsibility to not be such a complete twat?

Socio-economic factors play a huge part in obesity.

If you're working two jobs to make ends meet, you don't have time or money to hit the gym, or buy home gym equipment or go for a run. You're working two jobs because you and your family couldn't afford the university education you needed to get a higher paying job.

Hence you end up fat because the government, instead of making university free, charged 11k a year for it, and took the money it could have spent subsidising university fees on stupid poo poo like buying GPS satellites that don't work.

Also: gently caress off you tedious poo poo.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

crispix posted:

You have the same opinions and grasp of punctuation as a complete oval office I have to work with lol

:emptyquote:

Here's a pic of my cat snoozing:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Get Divinity Original Sin 2

The starting island is so loving tedious I gave up.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

just stop posting. you have nothing to convey

This.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

fridge corn posted:

Ppl are saying it's the eat out to help out scheme that's the blame for the spike in cases like lol, lmao even

Glasgow restaurants like Five Guys was wall to wall unmasked twats twatting about. No masks at any point for anything (not just when sitting down to eat).

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

not one person cares, you tedious wreck of a person

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

dunno i dont drink tea or coffee

This explains so much.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

They were rubbish.

Now they are even worse.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Was meant to hear back from that interview today.

Still nothing so I assume my time doesn't warrant a phonecall, but rather an email later in the week when they remember.

I'm very arsey tonight.

I’ve applied for maybe 9 different roles internally at a higher pay grade and title in the last two weeks.

About a third immediately rejected, a third no response and a third started the first process (online quiz). One of the three latter ones called me today saying the HR person is submitting my name after passing the quiz to the hiring manager to shortlist. If shortlisted, I will get interviewed.

It’s a ballache.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I prefer a medium nandos and lots of ketchup.

I’m not a huge fan of very spicy things.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Both Five Guys and Nando’s are tasty. They are also expensive for what they are.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

you are talking about a centrism elemental

of course he is going to somehow choose the middle point that is somehow worse than either of the two options it is between

:perfect:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

twit666 posted:

Any Glaswegians around? I ask because my son is in Glasgow, I recently sent him some stuff and it got stuck somewhere down south and now it is being sent back to me. So sending Christmas presents is going to be problematic. Any cool shops in Glasgow that might deliver locally would be greatly appreciated.

Royal Mail and Hermes and DPD and UPS are all still delivering just fine in Scotland.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

twit666 posted:

I had a credit with Fedex because they broke some stuff. I'll try UPS. Thanks.

Just use Royal Mail or Hermes, why do you want to use UPS instead? They're very expensive.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I like foam mattresses, they're easier to get delivered, deploy and are far more resistant to springs-breaking as they don't have springs.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Refuse to do other people's work.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Just move to somewhere in the countryside.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

Also I just want to say I don't believe a single thing 99 posts.

:yeah:

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

I am playing Cyberpunk on PS4

It's not that bad, a few graphical glitches and some blurry textures but seems enjoyable

The city is absolutely lifeless though

On PC it's teeming with people.

Return it on PS and play it on PC (GOG version).

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

cool cool ill just spend another 2 grand on a pc that can handle it at mid spec shall i

I'm running it on High on a i7 3930K (10 year old CPU) stock, with a Nvidia 1080 GPU (3 generations old GPU now) at great framerates.

Using used ebay prior gen stuff, you should be able to build a £500 PC, hook it up to your TV (or a monitor if you have one), that'll spank Cyberpunk no problem.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

i have a core i5 750 with a radeon hd5770 and 8gb memory, i suspect that will not run it without exploding

It won't run Cyberpunk in any playable framerates.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Merry Christmas UK Goons!

Since someone asked earlier, I got the following gifts:

Harley Davidson motorbike gloves
Harley Davidson tee shirt
Motorcycle Tours of Europe book
Funniest Political Cartoons of 2020 book
Cats and Books calendar
Side-of-bed-holder-of-things (like those remote cosies you get on couches)

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Party Boat posted:

Congrats on the midlife crisis / retirement

I'm 35 and recently bought a Harley, so that sounds about right.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Tartan Target posted:

I think the only thing I miss about EAST LONDON at this point is some of the food options you get.

Grilled cheese haggis sandwiches have opened my eyes to a whole new way of sliding into obesity.

You can get haggis in lots of things up here in :scotland:. E.g., haggis pakora.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Don't tell them your exact employment situation/employer/student status, just show them bank statements of regular income or enough of a balance for a few months of rent and they should be fine.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Galewolf posted:

Looks like I'm in Uber Eats range of Tayyabs and Needos Grill :getin:

You bastard.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Galewolf posted:

I mean, I'll keep cooking but by god it feels good to be in delivery range of those.

Sadly, Mangal 2 is just too far :qq:

I could demolish every single item on Tayyabs starters menu right now.

Chicken Tikka (5 Pieces)
Mutton Tikka (5 Pieces)
Lamb Chops (4 Pieces)
Tandoori Chicken (2 Pieces)
Masala Fish (2 Pieces)
Paneer Tikka (5 Pieces)
King Prawn Grill (3 Pieces)
Seekh Kebab
Meat Samosa
Vegetable Samosa
Spicy Papadom
Pakora
Shami Kebab

There's not a single thing on there that isn't fantastic and I could hoover up the whole lots in one go... fuuuuuuuuck can this sodding pandemic be over already, I need a 700 mile round trip on my bike for some Tayyabs...

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

I live in Scotland and lived in Glasgow for a year. This may have been true decades ago, it certainly wasn't in 2010 and 2011 and nor is it now.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Jose posted:

my car has failed its mot because the exhaust system needs replacing. its leaking, about to fall off the car and more lol

Get a motorcycle.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Computer bits, particularly GPUs and CPUs, are hot right now due to low supply and very high demand.

If you have spare bits, ebay them for ££££.

A Ryzen 3600 last year brand new was £160.

They're going, used, for just shy of £200 now on ebay.

GPUs even more so.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Dunno, check ebay.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

The bid price was lower, when you bid the BIN price goes away, and bids can keep increasing.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Galewolf posted:

Ratty explained it but here is something from the construction perspective:

You can recycle existing asphalt roads (I want to call it a pavement but iirc a pavement is not pavement but a sidewalk in here idk, the black hard surface you drive cars on it) with an efficiency of 10% to 30%. Meaning that the oxidized and hardened asphalt requires additional virgin bitumen+aggregate mixtures due to the breakdown of "soft" compounds that give the asphalt elasticity.

This is not necessarily an investment/returns problem at this point. It makes perfect sense for everyone if it was possible to utilize 100% of the RAP (recycled asphalt pavement) with losses due to the recycling procedures and it would be still an amazing environmental and monetary win. Cue the nerds (including me) working on alternative ways to increase the percentage of usable material in RAP. There are chemical compounds called "rejuvenators" that push the effectiveness of recycling and re-using effectiveness. It's not massive in numbers like 4% to 7% in some cases but if you apply that to country-wide it makes a huge difference.

The calculations on "carbon neutral/zero/negative" usually involves compensation for unavoidable processes. You have to balance the impact of making the rejuvenators vs the amount of recovery they provide. More research brings better and less carbon-intensive procedures.

There was a nice group of people I met in Birmingham who have an aggregate product that has negative carbon emission. They solidify industrial waste with carbon dioxide treatment which literally removes carbon from the atmosphere when calculated but not necessarily during the production phase if that makes any sense. The aggregate sales for a good price and they make a good business out of it but it is, due to technical limitations, not suitable for certain types of asphalt (Stone Mastic Asphalt requires much high performing aggregates) yet, which prevents it from becoming more popular. Germany, Netherlands, France and Murican's have good research on this subject as well. Imperial College has a neat Master's Degree under Civil engineering covering these subjects which I want to apply but lmao international fees (32k a year, yikeseroo).

Research takes time and money, as well as people that desire to be doing something that will bore the bollocks out of people during dates :v:

After Virus, lets get some Mangal 2 or Tayyabs in London and talk about roads.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Gasmask posted:

I bet my job is more boring than your job

I design how data is moved from point A in our company to point B in our company.

When describing my job to people in person, most of them are asleep before I finish that sentence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Did that twat complain to HR?